Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
McQueen for 400k sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
gently caress that was dumb by the Bulldogs.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

I thought that came backwards off Maumalo.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Think we were pretty lucky there. We got the rub of the green from the refs in the second half.

Still a good win. The warriors when the spine click are scary. I dont get benching luke unless he was injured because hes the type of bloke who causes a team like ours trouble.

Still good signs boyd and paulo are looking great. Hodgson for a guy playing busted is doing really good. All the outside men look great. Cotric impresses me more every week.

So we got a bit lucky but a good win

Lucky is selling yourself a bit short. You played smart and took advantage of what you were given.

I have no idea what happened to us in the second half, everyone fell asleep. All we needed to do was carry on what we were doing in the first half, instead we crapped the bed. The completion rate was awful.

Luke probably isn't an 80 minute hooker anymore. The problem was that he was on the bench 5-10 minutes longer than necessary tonight.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

How do I pack scrum?

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Wow. Maybe Cleary should have waited a bit before signing up to be the coach of the Tigers.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Smorgasbord posted:

You're getting Ben Matulino... whether it's the good Ben or the bad Ben I can't say though

Seriously? I'd be sad to see him go. Whenever his head is screwed on straight he's one of the best props around.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

bowmore posted:

The Knights are after Matulino as well

and Foran (hmmmmmmmm)

The only teams not going after Foran are Manly and Parramatta.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

It still wasn't as bad as the Jennings "passive offside" try bullshit in Origin.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

It's funny that the Tigers are complaining about a lack of communication for the player agents when they should have heard the laughter as soon as they imposed a Friday deadline.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Red_Museum posted:

What a surprise Josh Reynolds tried a trip

I'm really getting sick of this poo poo.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

That sounds like a perfectly fair offer for Reynolds given the way salaries for halves have become inflated under the new cap.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

This game has been surprisingly entertaining.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Red_Museum posted:

Big effort from the Dragons without Widdop

Definitely. They did well all things considered.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

So the refs missed the knock on from Slater and Ayshford was onside. gently caress this is frustrating.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Smorgasbord posted:

Well we tried...

Yeah. There was some really good defence in there. We still suck at converting possession into points, and there were some terrible last tackle options tonight.

In other news, Matulino to the Tigers has been confirmed. This might be a win win for both clubs. On his day he's the best prop in the world, but after last year's tramadol drama it was probably time for him to move along.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Grubbiness aside, I'd rather have Reynolds instead of Moses. He's probably a lot cheaper too.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

I don't think that a player can waive the cooling off period. My memory of the new arrangement is that the NRL won't register the contract until ten days after it's lodged with them. Clubs aren't supposed to make any announcements in this time, which is why the Broncos were pissed off when the Sharks announced the Bird move.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Konrad Hurrell looks as fat and poo poo as I remember.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Red_Museum posted:

Won't turn down a win but how we got that at the end I'm not sure

:agreed:

iajanus posted:

That could have been the worst ever final play to result in the winning points.

Like do the warriors even have the slightest clue how to set up for a field goal?

A field what? I think it's an accomplishment for some of our players to walk in a straight line without tripping over themselves.

quote:

Also lol that was an excellent call by the ref, Pearce apparently just forgot the concept of offside existed.

Was it that obvious? At the ground we had no idea what it was for. The penalty was blown so late that I thought it was for a late tackle or something.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Thel posted:

Wow that was one of the worst renditions of the NZ anthem I've ever heard.

The Australian one matched it. Holy gently caress both were terrible.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

I'd poo poo myself if I had to tackle Taumololo.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Vagabundo posted:

It gets better. Jesse Bromwich was so drunk, it seems like he genuinely does not remember snorting cocaine. He has also donated the $20000 match fee to charity.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11851399

I don't believe that, it sounds like an attempt at a convenient excuse. Regardless, the damage has been done.

Kidwell has said that Bromwich and Proctor won't be considered for the world cup squad. That seems like an overreaction to me, but this could be Kidwell trying to appear strong to save his job.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

The Warriors scoring points? What is this world coming to?

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

cpaf posted:

Don't worry there is a second half

BCR posted:

LOL, WARRIORS

:smith:

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Have they lined up a replacement for him? The papers here said that Lolohea has been denied an immediate release, and he was the obvious replacement for Moses.

Jono C fucked around with this message at 07:51 on May 16, 2017

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/state-of-origin-2017-latrell-mitchell-in-frame-for-nsw-blues-wing-spot-20170515-gw550d.html

So somehow Latrell Mitchell has gone form NSW Cup to Origin contender. This makes no sense to me. The right edge should be Dugan/Fergusson, and the left edge should be any two of Hayne/Morris/Morris. I guess all of this is moot when Mitchell Pearce is named captain for life.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

I can't really tell what's going on. Part of me thinks that Thurston is no chance to play, another thinks that Walters is just loving with Bennett.

Best case scenario: Thurston starts, sledges Pearce at the first scrum (somehow one-upping the "take a photo with the Wally Lewis statue" shot), drops the mic, gets interchanged and spends the rest of the game on the bench laughing his rear end off as Pearce fucks up again.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

I'm surprised that Pearce has only played 15 Origin games. I would have guessed 20+.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Hard to read much into that game seeing as we were up against a lot of reserve graders, but it's good that we actually closed out a win.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Great game so far. I'm not convinced by Peats, he looks like he's losing every tackle he makes.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

The other thing with Pears is that he might have to play 80 minutes, I can't see any obvious cover for him.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Pearce gonna Pearce.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Dayum.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Fifita has been a beast.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

NSW are better with Pearce off the field anyway.

Lol @ Gus saying this is his best Origin performance, not exactly a high bar there.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Holy crap.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Did not see this coming.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

ITs been a while since NSW showed this sort of backbone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Smorgasbord posted:

JT, Scott, and Inglis are the bigger losses. Good game so far, best quality origin match in a long time.

Milford was going well before he got hurt. The bench selection for Queensland was a problem, one poo poo prop, two second rowers and a half is not an ideal way to counter the size NSW has.

• Locked thread