Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

BILLY SLATER IS BACK!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

MiniSune posted:

I think what is good is that under the relaxed international rule aka "Nathan your long lost granny was a kiwi right?" teams can be pumped with quality players with NRL experience who miss out on initial selection for their main nation, which will lead to a more even comp among the minnows and some good match ups.

Can Aussie players who have glassed/beaten American girlfriends and players who have committed crimes on American soil play for the US under the relaxed rules?

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

iajanus posted:

No, they all play for Australia.

drat

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

bowmore posted:

The Knights make no signings and then players they already have get injured and test positive for steroid cocaine

True ambassadors of the sport.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

iajanus posted:

I'm still weighing up whether to take my tiger onesie I got as a Xmas present.

do it do it do it do it do it do it

By "take" I assume you mean "only take."

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Counterpoint: gently caress the Broncos.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

pick the morally correct team: the Patriots Storm.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

I think I've played a Storm fan for so long I may actually be legit at this point. I chose them purely because a friend was a Broncos fan and I was messing with her but I really have no personal ties to any team other than hating a lot of them.

That said all my Billy Slater fanboying is legitimately real and I will continue it until he retires as the greatest fullback of all time as well as 2x Rexona Australia's Greatest Athlete.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

gently caress the roosters

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Jono C posted:

Time for an update on Jarryd Hayne's childhood dream:
1. Win a premiership with the Eels
2. Make it in the NFL
3. Win an Olympic gold metal with the Fijian sevens team
4. Win a premiership with the TItans
5. Play club rugby in France and hang out with Ben Barba

6. money

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Can I have a daily update on which sport Hayne is currently playing? Is he still a Gold Coast Titan or have Toulon literally buried him in gold bars and French prostitutes?

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Jono C posted:

You're selling him a bit short here. He's a flaky prick, but he's also incredibly talented. For all the poo poo we give him, he did incredibly well to get as far as he did in a very short time in the NFL.

On the other hand there's union internationals riding the bench at Toulon so Hayne would be like...3rd string winger.

E: Not saying he'd not adapt later on but the French clubs are disgustingly stacked to the point of hilarity. Think 70's Manly. Or 00's Manly. Basically all of the cheating Manly teams.

Puckish Rogue fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Feb 8, 2017

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Vagabundo posted:

And even then, where's he going to play? He'll need a season or two to acclimate to the sport, and he's not too far off of 30.

Well when he hits 30 he needs to follow the lead of the greatest multi-sport athlete of all time, Karmichael Hunt. and sell drugs. could make good money selling to the Sharks.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

gently caress, I didn't even know the game was today. That's how little attention it gets.

Also how come NZ gets the haka, other Polynesian countries get their traditional versions, the Aborigines get a war dance yet I'm still to see an intimidating morris dance from the English team in either rugby code? Pretty hosed up.

E: What the gently caress NRL match centre isn't even working/up for this game. Thanks, NRL.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

the pro bowl of the nrl

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

i hate the manly sea eagles

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

If only they both lost, because gently caress Wigan.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

That's an incredible amount of stupid.

TigersPlayers.txt

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

I mean, if you grow to like Greg Bird you deserve to be glassed.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

BCR posted:

This is a disgusting post.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

nrl.com had a headline featuring the words "brave sea eagles" and I'm already sick of this season as a result.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

bought it off paul gallen, no doubt

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

oh it's friday i guess the broncos played

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

i would say that looking at the score, and the amassed points from the game, the biggest losers are the brisbane broncos.

"Oh poor ol’ Brisbane, thought of ants and died"

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

thanks for indirectly reminding me that wigan are loving champs.

jesus christ

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

greatest fullback of all time have some darn respect

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

bros before hoes, coops.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

oh look we beat the warriors

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

hell i didn't even know oxford were allowed to play rugby league

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

I bet the coke wasn't even cut with steroids, the big girl.

E: In my head, because I am on the other side of the world from you lot, I envision a bunch of headlines and Hot Takes about New Zealand players having a cocaine problem, rather than the much more correct rugby league having an everything problem.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

As they're both Melbourne Storm nurtured and raised I think we should all give them the benefit of the doubt.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

ili posted:

As they're both Melbourne Storm nurtured and raised I think we should search for the second, hidden, bag of drugs containing the real amounts they bought.

Okay fine I guess we just have to find the root cause and figure out which of the multiple drug dealers on the Roosters sold them the drugs.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

yeah but they make way more dealing drugs

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

I've been hard for him for years.

I had honestly forgotten Ben Barba was even gone. It seems like the whole season of being the most electrifying man in NRL entertainment just sort of disappeared into the mists of time. Like Boyd being Daly M player of the year or Jarrod Mullen as a thing that exists.

Puckish Rogue fucked around with this message at 08:21 on May 11, 2017

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Does NSW just choose which position a player will play in based on how the chicken entrails hit the wall?

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Thanks Warriors for not loving that up and giving those bastards a win even when short-handed.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

I hope Queensland can pull it off without iconic talisman Billy Slater.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

well maybe if you stuck to the same lineup for more than 23 minutes you could do that, like the smart Queenslanders who have kept their core together over the seasons with a combination of HGH, salary cap breaches (proven and unproven) and of course anti-aging cream.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

I wish the NRL play by play timeline included obvious and flagrant cheating because that's really what I want to see in Origin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

No Slater No Chance.

That's a thing i'm going to start saying now. Strap in.

• Locked thread