Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
From the prior thread of shame:

Dirty Frank posted:

Toronto's first ever game (full game, its a friendly against Hull) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3nER9XWEzk

There's a loving Canadian team in the loving third level of English Rugby League! There are some good things about this bizarro universe we all wondered into.

I think this is pretty awesome and wish them nothing but the greatest success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

cpaf posted:

Toronto Wolfpack feat. Fuifui Moimoi, who is still apparently alive

The regenerative powers of consuming human flesh

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Tigernomics

fuctsports posted:

NRL 2017: Wests Tigers outlay record $1.3 million deal for untried youngster Moses Suli

Moses Suli hasn’t finished an under-20s match for the club, but the young Wests Tigers centre is believed to have signed the most lucrative NRL deal for a player yet to appear in first grade.

The Tigers confirmed on Sunday that Suli, 18, signed a three-year extension to keep him at the joint venture until the end of the 2020 NRL season.

It’s believed the deal is worth up to $1.3 million, as the club was forced to fight off interest from a number of rivals.

Suli, who scored tries in each of his NYC matches against Canberra and Melbourne last year, has spent the summer training with the NRL squad where he has impressed coach Jason Taylor.

“We realised that he’s got something special in how he handled that experience,” Taylor said.

“We’re looking forward to having him in and around our NRL group over the next few years, because we know that everything he gains there will only help him further.”

An under-16 NSW Origin representative, Suli is 106kg and can play centre or wing.

However since becoming eligible for under-20s last June, he has been struck down by back injuries.

“I’m hoping to have a crack at first-grade as soon as possible,” Suli said.

“I only played a few games last year and then got injured, but I’m back in training now and it’s been great to be out there with the senior guys in training.”

Suli’s deal is believed to be worth more than the reported $900,000 offered to David Klemmer to stay at Canterbury days before he made his NRL debut in 2013.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
I think what is good is that under the relaxed international rule aka "Nathan your long lost granny was a kiwi right?" teams can be pumped with quality players with NRL experience who miss out on initial selection for their main nation, which will lead to a more even comp among the minnows and some good match ups.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Jono C posted:

Cheap flights and more money for booze? If you're going to the Nines, think about sneaking your own drinks into Eden Park. It's pretty much a national sport here. Unless of course you like overpriced Heinekens or whatever they serve there these days.

I think stadium food and drink is universally poo poo and overpriced irrespective of nation.

And in the case of Loftus Versfeld, may contain bonus rodent.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Thank god I am on leave the workplace Rooster fan would be horrific today

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

spacegoat posted:

Are there any new ways to watch this in the US this year? I've had FoxSoccer2Go in years past, but it's kinda poo.
http://www.nrl.com/WATCHLIVE/WatchOverseas/InternationalBroadcast/tabid/10443/Default.aspx
However in the past full match replays are avaliable a few days after online - not sure if this will happen.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Super League is on right now on fox sports. So far a decent game.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
cheer up Leigh Fans. Even the Broncos got pumped early on in their life.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

I disagree; he knew we needed to free up cap space for our good players and selflessly dove on the grenade to get himself deregistered. A true Tigers hero!

(although drat him to hell if he cost us games last year, which watching his defence is definitely a possibility)

Would help with the cap situation at the Tigs.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
For those who used the nrl app and did the free data free streaming through Telstra, it is data free again for telstra mobile users.

If you havent done already, open app when in oz, and select im a telstra mobile customer and make sure wifi is off. It will then automatically renew your plan for 12 months. Then we can all watch trent barrett cry.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Brisbane fighting back.

Warrington were paying attention 5 bucks when i laid my multi on.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

bowmore posted:

apparently you signed a real piece of work in Foran, the bad news about him is coming out

The smh ran a story a couple of days ago about the text messages to r.wilson. Let me guess there is more and it is worse?

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...215-gue44d.html

MiniSune fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Feb 19, 2017

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
One day maybe Rugby League will ditch him.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Lolden Point.

Golden Conspiracy?

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

Also the titans are looking likely for the spoon at this rate.

Wholesale slaughter.

You have the season tickets again?

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

Roosters clearly put some bets on at half-time

Has Simona been banned for life yet?

Hayne tears best tears.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
It seems normal service is resuming when playing newy.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
I see the teams swapped jerseys at half time.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Listening from inner mongolia. Seems my picking the Warriors was rather poor.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
I can't believe the lengths i went to bypass the great firewall to watch that.

If it was only that I'd be pissed.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

bowmore posted:

lol they don't like being told the truth

Would like to see a replay of the scrum in question.
I miss old scrums.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Not confident about this one. Raiders by 24.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
I'd leave Melbourne for Tara Rushton

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

Apparently we've resigned Brooks for 550. At least we haven't gone nuts with the price, if true.

Actually under what I though we'd pay.

Teddy looks good for a mil.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...c1e386f35116e7c

foxsports posted:

Mitchell Moses asks Wests Tigers for immediate release to join Parramatta Eels — The Mail

April 5, 2017 5:17pm
James Hooper

YOUNG gun Mitchell Moses has knocked back a $3 million three-year offer to remain at Wests Tigers and is asking for an immediate release to switch to the Parramatta Eels.

Two days after new coach Ivan Cleary told the Tigers players they needed to make a decision about whether they wanted to be on the team bus or not, the club is now faced with a tough decision.

Moses is set to switch to the Eels next season.

Do the Tigers dig their heels in and make him play out the rest of the season? Or do they let him join the Eels immediately because there’s no point having a player at your club who doesn’t want to be there?

The decision is NOT about money.

If it was then the local junior would be staying at Concord.

The Eels have convinced Moses the best thing for his football development is to link with a strong pack of forwards with dynamic edge backrowers.

Beau Scott makes a drat good body guard. So too Manu Mau.

Given the basket case the Tigers have been for the past 18 months, can you blame him?

It’s a live hand grenade for new coach Ivan Cleary and CEO Justin Pascoe.

If Moses is granted the release he’s asking for, it could mean the local junior lines up against the Tigers in the Easter Monday blockbuster at ANZ Stadium in round seven.

From a Parramatta Eels point of view, it’s a huge coup.

They’re guaranteed to get Moses for next year and beyond but if they can lure him west for the rest of this season then they’re a genuine chance of competing for the premiership.

If it happens this season, look for Moses to play halfback and Corey Norman to return to playing five-eighth.

Clint Gutherson is so versatile he can play anywhere in the Eels backline.

THE NRL player transfer market is about to explode with big-name players trading clubs.

Wests Tigers coach Jason Taylor’s sacking and Cooper Cronk’s shock announcement about leaving the Storm have triggered a domino effect that could have implications for so many clubs.

For starters, the Wests Tigers look like they’re only going to retain one of the four favourite son local juniors who’ve created so many headlines over the last six months.

Ben Ikin, Nathan Ryan and Ben Glover are joined by Storm football manager Frank Ponissi to discuss the bombshell Cooper Cronk news and what it means for the club.

You can also subscribe via iTunes or for Android users, listen on the iPP Podcast Player app.

Halfback Luke Brooks has agreed to a two-year deal worth $1.5 million.

That’s currently in a 10-day cooling off period.

Given the basket case that is the Tigers front office, there is no guarantee Brooks won’t change his mind.

Captain Aaron Woods appears set to accept a huge offer to join Des Hasler at Canterbury on a four-year deal, with the Bulldogs also making a play for James Tedesco.

The smoky for Tedesco’s services is the Sydney Roosters, who up until now have said they won’t be chasing the NSW Origin fullback due to a falling-out between chairman Nick Politis and Tedesco’s agent, Isaac Moses.

Tedesco enjoys a strong rapport with Roosters legend Anthony Minichiello. Over the course of the last fortnight, the Tricolours have become a serious player.

What powerful Roosters chairman Politis wants, he normally gets.

Forget all the speculation over the course of the last six months, the Tigers only formally tabled all four players their latest official offers last Friday.

Woods has been offered a four-year deal while Tedesco’s deal is for the same term worth $4.5 million.

It’s a two-year deal with a two-year option in Tedesco’s favour.

With the Tigers trio looking more like leaving than staying at Concord, the move will trigger a flurry of other activity.

It will mean Ivan Cleary has a huge cheque book to enter the open market.

Cooper Cronk’s departure from Melbourne will free up close to $1 million, while Billy Slater’s future could also mean the Storm are cashed-up with as much as $2 million.

Dragons pair Josh Dugan and Gareth Widdop are guaranteed to attract plenty of interest depending on where the other cards fall.

If the Tigers lose Tedesco and Moses, do they make a play? The latest moves have sent phones buzzing all over the NRL.

Just once it would be nice for a contract to mean something. Same as it always was.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Still plenty of time to gently caress it up.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Expected thing did not occur.

Confused. Yet strangely satisfied.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

Some quality referee work in the last ten there. Offside markers? Not a problem. High tackle? Never heard of her.

Why is it players can get done for match fixing, but never the refs?

</salty>

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

I think they had no other choice but setting a deadline. It was clear that the players were going to let this fart around for the rest of time and this would gently caress over the club trying to negotiate for the other off contract good players. By forcing the issue at least we have a chance to get some decent talent (although we'll still gently caress that up).

It may also suit all the clubs interests not to bid up and over inflate player contracts.

Imagine if Teddy had say a 1.3million offer on the table, he wants to stretch it out to maximize his cash, and Easts are making nice noises because only they have the moola at the moment. So instead of being used as a bargaining chip, the Tigers say "gently caress you" and withdrawal the offer. Easts have their man, but they can then say "Oh yeah well we said 1.3 million but stuff happened here have 800K" Teddy is forced onto the deal, or heads to another club for a few K more, but essentially he's lost half a million a season. And he will be pissed and scream blue murder.

And every day from now on clubs will use the story of how teddy hosed himself out of half a million to get players to sign.

I've been in the corporate world too long.

Jono C posted:

I'm really getting sick of this poo poo.

Agreed. He really is a loving grub.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Jono C posted:

Grubbiness aside, I'd rather have Reynolds instead of Moses. He's probably a lot cheaper too.

3mil over 4. So a bit cheaper yes.

Feel the grub.

Abalone Malone posted:

depends what his bookie says

Excellent.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Roosters cap problem solved.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Cook Islands vs PNG has been pretty good.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Eh the F3 has its moments.

Id like him at the tigers to mentor brooks and enhance the grub.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Good to see Moses is still a turnstyle.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

God loving drat it

My work trip this week to Melbourne has been cut a day short as my co-worker has a family medical thing to get to and the rebooked flight home is at 8:10pm Wednesday.

Oh well hopefully when I take my phone out of flight mode I'll be overwhelmed by dozens of cheering messages on my Facebook wall

Sack the oval office.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Why is foran out?

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
We don't need no stinking penalty tries.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

Peak Warriors, this.

Set your watch by it.

And yeah Knights by 20 I reckon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
You know its been really quiet on the drama front maybe they are starting to get it. ..

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/manly-suspected-of-salary-cap-breaches-as-scandal-engulfs-nrl-20170705-gx565b.html

quote:

Manly suspected of salary cap breaches as scandal engulfs NRL

Oh good. Was worried there for a minute.

MiniSune fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Jul 5, 2017

• Locked thread