Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Well while I was high on my sleep medication last night, I bought source crystals to level up Blue Beetle and one other character (can't remember who now) to Level 20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

pubic works project posted:

Well while I was high on my sleep medication last night, I bought source crystals to level up Blue Beetle and one other character (can't remember who now) to Level 20.

Injustice 2: Got high on sleep meds and bought source crystals

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvHzkiuxh8k&t=119s

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs
I cannot imagine a bigger waste of source crystals

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/InjusticeGame/status/883309644201861120

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

I am gonna play Sub-Zero!!!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Mattavist posted:

I am gonna play Sub-Zero!!!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Wake me up when they port BRC to Injustice 2 where he belongs.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Wake me up when they port Rudy to Injustice 2 where he belongs.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Technowolf posted:

Wake me up when they port Rudy to Injustice 2 where he belongs.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
At least the guy interviewing him while he talked about Sub Zero like his favorite waifu was Ravi from iZombie

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Sub-Zero is going to be top tier poo poo. Tom Brady must be stoked at these batshit tools they gave him; Captain Cold rip in peace. Some of those custom moves are nuts, too.

Nice Ermac colors for Sub-Zero. I have to say they did a terrific job with all these cool costume pieces for him.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

Sub-Zero is going to be top tier poo poo. Tom Brady must be stoked at these batshit tools they gave him; Captain Cold rip in peace. Some of those custom moves are nuts, too.

Nice Ermac colors for Sub-Zero. I have to say they did a terrific job with all these cool costume pieces for him.

Is there a way to make Subby look like Noob Saibot? I wanna combine that with all his Klone moves.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Technowolf posted:

Is there a way to make Subby look like Noob Saibot? I wanna combine that with all his Klone moves.

it wouldn't surprise me if he gets a Noob color swap. He had an Ermac one with the classic ninja MK1 outfit as a loadout on stream

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Don't have enough room on the OP and was too dumb to reserve another one so I'm putting this moronic poo poo here for now and will put a link in the OP to it. Please forgive me as I forgot Wonder Woman and will put her in after I'm done watching Spideyman tonight.
__

INJUSTICE 2 BASE CHARACTER BIBLE, Or: "Which Superhuman Psychopath Is Right For You???"

AQUAMAN
Contrary to popular(?) belief, not only is Aquaman a stalwart, stoic warlord with perfectly feathered hair, he's also a very strong character to pick up if you love to poke people to death and endlessly meld your combos into a stabby Hundred Hand Slap. Aquaman is E.Honda with a projectile shield, a great zoner punish, a standard trident projectile, and plenty of quick juggles and scoop-ups to gently caress over your friends. Wait, I guess he's not like E. Honda at all. Don't let his rather plain demeanor fool you, though--Aquaman has been toned down a bit from his last excursion, but he's still worth playing and can deal with most scenarios quite nicely.

PICK AQUAMAN IF YOU LOVE: tentacle hentai, Deep Blue Sea, wet and wild vacations, sweet crustacean armor, fighting barefoot, annoying everyone by chipping them to death with that loving trident move

ATROCITUS
Atrocitus is a new kid on the block, and fairly new to comics in general; he's a Red Lantern born from rage and loves to YELL AT YOU ABOUT HOW YOU AREN'T USING YOUR ANGER CORRECTLY. Did you dig Goro's punchrush in MKX but were left disappointed at his other qualities? Atrocitus is a rushdown rear end in a top hat whose offense centers around punching ALL the time, vomiting DoT all over the place, and summoning a hellish kitty to assist you with various abilities. Atrocitus is basically the midboss character that somehow made it onto the base roster and is viable to kick just about everyone's rear end when he gets going.

PICK ATROCITUS IF YOU LOVE: punch rushing 24/7, vomiting blood, looking like cosmic Satan, enjoying asking people "U MAD?", locking down your enemies with torrents of 666 blood, Iron Maiden album covers, cat fetish poo poo

BANE
Much like George Gordon Lord Byron, Bane is mad, bad, and dangerous with pro wrestling moves. Nobody is better than Bane when it comes to getting in and breaking bones, as he is the undisputed grappler of the game. Boasting perhaps the biggest base potential damage, Bane gets even sexier (like Lord Byron) when he burns his Venom gauge to gain super armor and damage boosts. A snappy dresser, a hit with the ladies, and an accomplished breaker of billionaire playboy philanthropists, Bane has it all in the realm of close range combat.

PICK BANE IF YOU LOVE: fake ringsports, lucha libre, command grabs for breakfast lunch and dinner, hardcore drugs, BREAKING THE BAT, Cholula hot sauce, Juggernaut fanfics, BDSM freaks, super armor

BATMAN
Batman is the quintessential Ryu of Injustice: he has easy-to-learn combos, basic yet always deployable specials, and answers to most of the roster's movesets. Batman, as IN REAL LIFE, is nothing if not a safe pick for his counters, overhead attacks, ability to float like a cute bird in the air, and a reliable zippyline to close distances quick. There's really no better way to learn the game than with Bruce Wayne, unless you have a crippling cat fetish.

PICK BATMAN IF YOU LOVE: tragic backstories, sweet Deus Ex armor, chanting "I'm Batman" to your loved ones, never giving up hope, MARTHA, using slide moves to the point where it becomes a crutch, grappling hooks, Tim Burton, shotokans, drones

BRANIAC
I don't know a single person who plays Braniac. Hell, I don't even play Braniac and my loot for him is on Overflow constantly because I don't give a poo poo. Braniac is ponderous when he isn't using his dash attack, though some of his combo enders are pretty brutal. He's just a loving weird character who looks like a nerd next to the might of Darkseid, as though NRS suddenly quit making him midway and worked on the New God instead. On top of everything, his drone ability gets cancelled if you get hit. Nice one, braniac. Still, he's the closest we're gonna get to Doctor Octopus--especially with his tentacle cling jump across the stage--and the range of his moves is nothing to sneeze at. If you want to be a hero to millions at EVO then you can start by getting gud with Braniac.

PICK BRANIAC IF YOU LOVE: getting swirlied by Darkseid, tentacle hentai, green accountants, Reanimator, being an overweight Spiderman, the delicious meshing of cerebellum and metal by candlelight

BLACK CANARY
Black Canary is a brawler who might best be compared to Cammy from Street Fighter, if Cammy had specials that could be juked backwards and forwards. Canary has a handful of space-controlling specials that can be directed in several ways, alongside the eternally useful Canary Cry that pretty much crumples your opponent from anywhere. Canary has powerful counters for mid and low attacks to lock down aggressive characters, while also utilizing evasive handsprings, an overhead super, and the aforementioned Canary Cry to shake down annoying zoners. She's probably one of the tougher characters to learn due to not having any inherent zoning moves like Aquaman/Atrocitus' tracking poo poo or Kryptonian eyebeam/Deadshot bullet pressure, but with high risk comes great reward.

PICK BLACK CANARY IF YOU LOVE: leather mommas, chokers, Tizoc, Geese Howard, fishnets, internal hemorrhaging due to sonic waves, Harley Davidson, Taxi Driver, get-out-of-jail-free cards, breakdancing

BLACK ADAM
The Khandaq Crusher returns and is stronger than ever before. One of the most powerful and pissed-off characters in DC history, Black Adam is a war machine in every sense of the term. His zoning is intense, his combos are punishing as gently caress, and his divekick mobility is an excellent tool to pull out of nowhere. Adam is likely the strongest, meanest character in the game, as mastering him will lead to pumping out damage on command and ripping a new rear end in a top hat in just about anyone who is playing carelessly. Everyday is practical magic for Black Adam, and your opponents are the helpless audience to this David Copperfield poo poo.

PICK BLACK ADAM IF YOU LOVE: winning tournaments, Riddle of the loving Sphinx, balding Italian men, corny lightning bolt singlets, customizing your gay wizard orbs, blowing up pyramids, Raiden

BLUE BEETLE
No, not Ted Kord--he was shot in the loving head by Maxwell Lord. This is a new Blue Beetle powered by space symbiote Scarab tech, so he's more Starman (the John Carpenter one) than cat burglar. Blue Beetle is a mixed bag, possessing a weird jumble of rushdown attacks, ground and air projectiles, a dedicated hover command, and a trait that exchanges his energy shot for better damage. General opinion is that his damage is a little on the low side, but it's still early to say if Beetle needs buffing or if we have to unlock his TRUE POTENTIAL.

PICK BLUE BEETLE IF YOU LOVE: an adventure, super sentai characters, bug ovipositor poo poo, flying around like a dipshit, mi abuela, tu casa, arroz y burritos, the color azul, mule kicks, working hard for your wins

CATWOMAN
The purrfect character is back, now with even more fun custom moves and lycra leggings. Catwoman was cool in the first game, but with the new evasion options and even speedier walk speed, she is now drop dead sexy. With quick-as-gently caress combo links and a neato stance that can convert into several moves, Catwoman also has a quick ditch autocombo as a trait for even scrubs to enjoy. She even has a Matrix dodge to gently caress with fireball dudes. Quick enough to deal with zoners but scappy enough to hang with the big mens, Catwoman is the leather goddess we deserve.

PICK CATWOMAN IF YOU LOVE: cat fetish poo poo, leather fetish poo poo, Michelle Pfeiffer, Wolverine, dominatrix whips, "mature" ladies, pouncing after lasers, Carrie-Ann Moss

CAPTAIN COLD
It's a big bad world out there, and sometimes you just don't have the loving time to memorize long combo strings or big bonanza chain grabs. When in doubt, turn to Leonard Snart, aka the Invincible Captain Cold. A sarcastic fuckwit who DESIGNED THIS GUN HIMSELF, the good captain is designed around traps, the amazing ice wall move, and fiddling with your weapon so you can ask if SOMEONE CALLED THE ICE CREAM MAN. Captain Cold is not the fanciest or even the most dangerous at times, but he can unleash a torrent of ice pellets, icicle drops, protective walls, and slow fields to help PUT THE OPPOSITION ON ICE. Cold isn't the best zoner or even the best at getting in, but who cares when you're THIS COOL?

PICK CAPTAIN COLD IF YOU LOVE: Stupid puns, THE ICE WALL, WHAT KILLT THEE DINASAWS? THE ICE AGE HEAUGH HEAUGH, full screen freezes, a giant fucken ice block smashing into someone from above, the best arcade ending in the game

CHEETAH
If Catwoman was somehow too slow for you and lacked chain grab shenanigans, why not pick up the even crazier cat lady? While Catwoman has a long-range whip game and a funny little stance startup, Cheetah is centered around air dives and making your opponent's life hell with vicious grabs and aerial attacks. She's a lot tougher to learn than Catwoman in my opinion, but has some of the most sickening combo potential in the game and is frightening when she gets in. If you want to look as scary as you feel, Cheetah is your cat woman.

PICK CHEETAH IF YOU LOVE: cat fetish poo poo, Spider-Man, Solomon Grundy but a sexier version I can kiss, emasculation, getting cucked by a leopard lady, having the worst gear in the game

CYBORG
Cyborg is now a founding member of the Justice League due to the Green Lantern movie sucking poo poo. As a result, Cyborg gets to be in all these games, but I continue to ask "why wasn't the superior techie black guy, Mr. Terrific, put on instead?" Alas, we're stuck with Cyborg. Thankfully, he now has some actual combos and his worthless trait was replaced with an explosive Roomba. However, there's nothing Cyborg does that is factually better than anyone else in terms of zoning, spacing out poo poo, or locking things down. Just set Cyborg to AI and forget about him.

PICK CYBORG IF YOU LOVE: being a lame gently caress, Grid, BOOYAH, Roombas, vaccuum blasts, the best clash success animation in the game, boring intro dialogue, emasculation

DOCTOR FATE
The good doctor and his goofy Spartan hat have finally arrived, and he's quite a cool character. Dr. Fate is a twist between typical zoner/trapper and deceptive fighter, as he has both the tools to keep people out, as well as the weapons to push them farther and juggle them away. Fate has a healing field that can explode, crosses that can attach to people and blow up, a giant fuckoff glyph attack, and two different flavors of projectiles to keep jumping/ducking characters guessing. His combos look great and are great fun to pull out, too. If you're looking for a "mage" character who encapsulates what it feels like to do war with magic, put down the loving wand and take up the helm of Fate.

PICK DOCTOR FATE IF YOU LOVE: Dr. Strange, war magi, Egyptian imagery, magic orbs, table tennis, being absolutely fabulous, BALLS OF BALZAC, SONS OF SHAKAR

DARKSEID
Short description: Darkseid simply IS. Long description: Darkseid is a loving pimp who can zone out peeps or flip the switch on them with a teleport into a grab, a curb stomp, or even more eyebeam tricks. Darkseid hits hard, takes punches with grace, and has one of the best supers in the game. He can approach comers from almost any angle and hit them hard every time. While his speed may be liability, it's worth the price of admission just to tell the chicks at the bar "Yeah, I main Darkseid." Everybody wants to be Darkseid. Don't you want to be Darkseid, too?

PICK DARKSEID IF YOU LOVE: picking the boss character of a King of Fighters fighting game, Omega beams for days, craggy ugly archgods, teleporting, stomping, drawing shapes with a laser pointer, bullying people, making shitposts

DEADSHOT
Deadshot replaces Deathstroke as the primary "gently caress you eat poo poo" zoning character of Injustice. Equipped with possibly the fastest projectile in the game, Deadshot can and will make life hell for everyone who forgets how to duck/dash or roll between shots. Deadshot can fire from several angles, do continuous fire, and even punish ducking combatants with his rifle. If that wasn't enough, he can switch ammo to concussive (for pushing) and fire/poison (for DoT). He is a complete rear end in a top hat who can also pull out fairly good combos with a flippy knee, too, so stuff him early and often if you want him to choke.

PICK DEADSHOT IF YOU LOVE: making people hate this game, Duck Dynasty, Terminator masks, Big Willy Style, circus performers, shitposting, making scrubs miserable, Jacqui Briggs, Deathstroke, world peace

FIRESTORM
Imagine if you put a character in the game who is actually a fusion of two people and can control poo poo on a nuclear level, with the power to meld molecular matter on a whim. Now imagine if that character turned out to be a really boring version of Cinder from KI. Firestorm is a a zoner I suppose, and has a really quick fireball, a burst move to keep rushers out, and a Cinder dashing charge that can go forever. He also has an airdash, which is something the other Prime Zoners don't have...so that's a thing, too? Firestorm doesn't have the flashiest or the best combos in the game, but he does have an additional comeback mechanic with his ability pumping his roids up and granting life regen. He's nothing if not a stable zoning pick, though when the fight becomes an up close affair, you may have some difficulty.

PICK FIRESTORM IF YOU LOVE: multiple personalities, stovepipe hats, Ghost Rider, motorcycle equipment, dashing across the night sky like a beautiful star

FLASH
The Flash is back to claim his "quickest man ever" status in Injustice, now mIproved with some new combos like the Rollercoaster and special moves like the rapid-fire punches and baby kicks. Thanks to his new tools, Flash can create combos a bit easier, and that's nice, right!? Honestly we're all playing as Reverse Flash anyway but I won't stop you from picking regular Flash--both of them can get in and roll their fists over faces, or close the gap quickly with the Running Man stance slides and his Slow Time ability. Personally I've never seen a pro Flash player but maybe that's because Flash is so fast he's already won every tournament and we don't even know it. Use his new Lightning Fists move in conjunction with ground pounds, and watch the stage light up.

PICK FLASH IF YOU LOVE: Pepsi, Mountain Dew: Code Red, Monster Energy, shadowboxing, track meets, chickens, running headfirst into things with your arms out like a Naruto, slamming into brick walls, Bawls, ADD, ADHD, Adderall

LE JOKER
LE JOKER has returned despite getting killed in the Injustice universe. How has he returned!? IT'S A SECRET TO EVERYBODY. People remember Joker as one of the poo poo-tier characters of the last game, but in addition to getting a French makeover, he now has a meter-burn armored crowbar charge, a joy buzzer parry, faster moves+combos, and a revised ability that can be activated anytime. Joker is now faster and stronger and handsomer, brandishing even more silly coats and razors than ever before. Joker doesn't really have a clear niche since he can attack from afar or up close, but he is now at least a viable pick for once. Le Joker; qu'est-ce que c'est?

PICK JOKER IF YOU LOVE: Hot Topic, jokes, laughing, toe knives, flopping, verified torture, putting a smile on that puss, charging and screaming at people without regard for safety, Ted Bundy, le petit mort, Mark. E. Smith

GORILLA GRODD
Not to be outdone by Overwatch, Ed Boon injected his own Harambe tribute into this game with Gorilla Grodd. A psychic gorilla, Grodd not only has big fun leaps and Bane-like charges, but an ability that lets him strum air guitar and telekinetically gently caress up the opposition. Although almost too sexual for the ESRB, Grodd squeaks by due to the insistence from censorship groups that he at least wears greaves. Grodd is not known as a strong pick right now, but I'm just gonna blame Lieberman and Clinton for that. Grodd's strengths lie within burning meter to stomp people quick and keep abusing your psionic attacks, so if you want a beefy brawler that also has monkey jumps and mind melds, this ape is your best best for that "niche."

PICK GRODD IF YOU LOVE: monkeys, apes, Charlton Heston, memes, telling your little brother to "stop hitting yourself," needless gorilla nudity, sensitive men who still know how to get dirty or do your taxes, shiny iron gauntlets, Akira

GREEN LANTERN
Hal Jordan loving sucked in the first game because his combos, movements, and specials were janky and bad. The OG Lantern returns with much smoother movements and a cooler moveset, which now adds beams, exploding traps, a low sweep bowling ball, and a sweet wakeup "gently caress off" wall that helps a lot when trapped. Back is the sidestep opener to 1 or 2 of his well-known combos, as well as the Green Lantern's Might that is prerequisite to learn how to avoid if you hate Lantern. Add in a much faster dash and Green Lantern is a great choice even for beginners due to easy buttons and a very easy command grab that can be abused early on.

PICK GREEN LANTERN IF YOU LOVE: jewelry, domino masks, moving any mountain, doing DBZ poo poo, Gundam mech supers, taking bizarre oaths, John Stewart, multiple personality disorders, the full color spectrum, fridging, ragging on the color yellow, psychokinetic attacks

GREEN ARROW
Somehow, a guy using a bow and arrow has kept up with a billionaire vigilante with daddy issues, a superpowered extraterrestrial, and a dude who can create jade constructs out of nothingness all these years. You'd surmise Green Arrow is some kind of zoner asswipe, but that's not really true--he excels in close quarters as well, owning a solid keepaway game with great anti-airs and airborne tricks. His trait is using a variety of trick arrows, from the powerful shock bolts to the ever-useful freezing arrow to the new, badass boxing glove arrow. He's an odd duck, but one that is worth learning if only for his surprising versatility.

PICK GREEN ARROW IF YOU LOVE: Cabela's, Dick's Sporting Goods, Robin Hood, William Tell Overture, gimmicky clown gear, Tumblr, interdimensional sex, domino masks, Sub-Zero's slide, fidget spinners, dad rock, twirly mustaches

HARLEY QUINN
Free of Le Joker's influence, Harley returns with a less grating performance from resident wailer Tara Strong and a more solid repertoire. With a huge movepool and even better buttons, Harely's capped off with the best ability in the game: DOG ASSIST. She's just plain fun to play as and comes cosplay-ready with some of the more garish outfits in the game, and might even rival Batman as a viable beginner choice at the start. Never has playing a character with a PhD been more fun---unless you own Guilty Gear and main Faust.

PICK HARLEY QUINN IF YOU LOVE: SuicideGirls, goth chicks, Brooklyn accents, baseball bats, novelty mallets, hyenas, wielding guns akimbo, provocative outfits, clown fetish poo poo, My Little Pony

POISON IVY
Speaking of Faust, Poison Ivy is one of the weirdest characters in Injustice 2. She reminds me of Zato-1 with her trademark drill move and creature summon, yet owns a bizarre "stance" reminiscent of Axl Low that leads to other standing moves. Ivy also has a defensive armor special, a command grab, and a ground trap. She is a hodgepodge of ideas, and for that alone it's worth learning all her goofy ballet combos and mechanics. She has the tools to play as a long range artillery or embrace the lifestyle of a lettuce lady trap-and-smack. If you're like David Byrne and want to stop making sense with your character choice, pick up Dr. Isley and try to figure out what works for you.

PICK POISON IVY IF YOU LOVE: vegans in skimpy outfits, Audrey II, Alien, Toxic by Britney Spears, chlorophyll, General Shermans, fair trade products, a sense of malaise and masochism for the human race, putting up anti-Monsanto posters, Guilty Gear, Eddie Brock

ROBIN
The angstiest of the Robins makes his debut, bringing a League of Shadows playstyle with him. Wielding a katana, Robin has great reach on his normals and has an abundance of deceptive triggers on his birdarang ability to control space. Boasting probably one of the faster anti-airs and a somewhat homing dive kick off the ground, Damian is great at loving with you and linking together multiple easy combos with the sword. He's even closer to being a ninja than Batman at this juncture, so if you've ever wanted to go Hayabusa with authentic Hanzo steel and smokebombs, this brat is your best bet.

PICK ROBIN IF YOU LOVE: Kehtanuhs, being better at your dad at something, throwing fidget spinners, hoodies, domino masks, parkour, flippy poo poo, Deathstroke, jumping loving forever

SCARECROW
Jonathan Crane AKA Scarecrow wins the Best Gimmick of the Year simply because his monstrous form is the result of being sprayed with fear gas at the start of every match. This effectively means every match with Scarecrow is happening inside your head, which is some Freudian poo poo for sure. Due to being unbridled by physics or logic, Scarecrow is now a John Carpenter villain with gaseous energy powers and a hookscythe that has the longest physical attack range in the game. Not only can you do some Chang poo poo by swinging it around, but you'll be utilizing some Jason poo poo with your "fear" meter, which grows as you use more gas specials--ending with a screenwide stun if you fill the meter. Scarecrow is a fun guy for all ages due to his long range and his encouraging style to keep up a flurry of attacks; if you love to be rewarded for constantly pushing buttons and unleashing specials, Dr. Crane might be your poo poo.

PICK SCARECROW IF YOU LOVE: the best overhead jumping attack since Luthor's axe in the first game, Robert Englund, seasonal Halloween shops, Goosebumps books, inhaling nitrous oxide, paper bag costumes, Scorpion, sleep deprivation, Freudian and possibly Jungian poo poo, Roadhog

SWAMP THING
A lump of lovable goo and waste, Swamp Thing relies on maximum clonage and some weird-rear end command grabs to maximize his damage. I can't loving time his vine throw for the life of me, but his Green Thumb throw chain is the closest you're gonna get to fellow swampliver Solomon Grundy. Swamp Thing is slow as all gently caress--maybe the most ponderous character ingame--but he has some unique Ermac-level poo poo with his mixups from below or behind the opponent, provided you can correctly remember the combinations. He is far down the list of accessible dudes by a longshot, so by all means prepare for some unorthodox gameplay strategies if you reach for him. Swamp Thing has the tools to fight up close with his grabs and treebranch gently caress-off moves, as well as deal with zoning by way of his doppelgangers--but whether you'll be skilled enough to succeed with Swamp Thing's pace is up for debate.

PICK SWAMP THING IF YOU LOVE: creamed spinach, ants on a log, imaginary friends, bioterrorism, being a hulking monster with a heart of gold, nasty yet tender plantman lovin', vegan fetish poo poo, command grabs, Noob Saibot

SUPERGIRL
One of the new poster children for Injustice 2, Kara Zor-El arrives on Earth too late to stop her insane cousin from loving up the planet. Bad for this metaverse, but good for you--Supergirl is a jack of all trades. Easy combos, a teleporting punch, freeze breath, heat vision walk, a Shouryuken---it's a veritable list of anything goes here. Although not as overpowering as characters like Darkseid, Atrocitus, Black Adam, or Aquaman, Supergirl is a good pickup for starting out and can get out of trouble with the air dash and teleport, especially when cornered.

PICK SUPERGIRL IF YOU LOVE: Superman but want to kiss him, Cyclops, miniskirts, Ermac, Mortal Kombat, sweet shufflekicks, Power Girl, purity and justice, the kind of hero you could bring home to mom, staring at things so hard they melt

SUPERMAN
An insane rear end in a top hat and famed tyrant, Clark "Kal-El" Kent is still a fuckwad and still a powerful option. With all the laser sweeps and dashing fists you can handle, Superman can still roid up and make you wish you never picked Green Arrow with the best of them, though luckily the new evasive options and balances in the game mean you can deal with him with a bit more ease. He still hits hard and plays harder, though faster characters who have a good read on his startups can smack him around when he slips up. There's not much else to say about Superman that hasn't already been said, but just remember that you can recreate the Red Son attire complete with hammer and sickle emblem, and it owns.

PICK SUPERMAN IF YOU LOVE: being the best at everything, punching below your weight, trickle-down economics, totalitarianism, savior complexes, spitcurls, crippling family traumas, hating clowns, murdering your best friends, lobotomies

WONDER WOMAN
Wonder Woman has taken the world by storm as of recently, but unfortunately the Injustice 2 version of her is a complete and utter rear end in a top hat who is partially responsible for sending the whole world to hell by way of supporting an insane regime. So, not that different from irl soldier of war Gal Gadot. Wonder Woman trades in her stance from the first game for a decently mixed bag of sword, shield, and lasso gameplay, being extremely apt at controlling the playfield with excellent range and quick rushdown. Her power picks from a roulette wheel of buffs, strengthening anything from lasso, reflection, shield, or aerial prowess. The CPU Wonder Woman loving spams the lasso grab like there's no tomorrow so take note of that when you face her in the Multiverse, because it sucks hard.

PICK WONDER WOMAN IF YOU LOVE: Corsets, tiaras, evil stepsisters, totally enabling the terrible behavior of your spouse, rushdowns, that sick grab Vice does in King of Fighters, box office blockbusters, Greek cosplay, playing the lotto with your power buffs

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jan 30, 2018

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

A good post.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
That post is amazing (seems you might've forgotten Wonder Woman, though)! Please do this for the DLC characters!

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

J comes after G and H in the alphabet.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
That Brainiac post is making me want to take up the character.

My current main is Grodd, so not like I have a lot to lose!

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

FYI, the comic is dealing with ted kord right now.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Beefstew posted:

That post is amazing (seems you might've forgotten Wonder Woman, though)! Please do this for the DLC characters!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

quote:

Cyborg is now a founding member of the Justice League due to the Green Lantern movie sucking poo poo.
gently caress that actually is the reason Cyborg's getting a really desperate push to A-lister, isn't it?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Funky Valentine posted:

gently caress that actually is the reason Cyborg's getting a really desperate push to A-lister, isn't it?

I thought it was because they wanted to use Hal Jordan as the main GL and they needed a black dude in the League and Martian Manhunter doesn't count?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

I thought it was because they wanted to use Hal Jordan as the main GL and they needed a black dude in the League and Martian Manhunter doesn't count?

That's always been my interpretation. DC was looking around for a black guy to push as a really prominent and important character in the DC universe and one of the DC bigwigs is known to be a huge Hal Jordan fan, so they settled on Cyborg.

Kali11324
Dec 8, 2004

This space intentionally left blank
I sent an application to the first guild listed in the OP.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Cythereal posted:

That's always been my interpretation. DC was looking around for a black guy to push as a really prominent and important character in the DC universe and one of the DC bigwigs is known to be a huge Hal Jordan fan, so they settled on Cyborg.

I was just going to suggest a different black character they could have used, but Jesus Christ DC's selection of major black characters who aren't reboots of originally-white superheroes is depressingly slim.

It's basically just Cyborg, Vixen, Black Lightning and Static.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Blast Fantasto posted:

I was just going to suggest a different black character they could have used, but Jesus Christ DC's selection of major black characters who aren't reboots of originally-white superheroes is depressingly slim.

It's basically just Cyborg, Vixen, Black Lightning and Static.

I would have been happy with either Vixen or Black Lightning since they've been Leaguers before. Cyborg is a Titan. I'm also pissed that he supplanted MM.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
Gimme Static or gimme death.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I was away visiting family and so only just now to go watch that Subzero stream and I could not be more happy. He's a lame defensive character and that archetype is getting pretty rare these days.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Cythereal posted:

Is more that Cyborg is also a favorite of Geoff Johns.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Funky Valentine posted:

yes and no. he's had a push in recent years as a focal Justice League member in the comics, so that combined with "green lantern needs more time to come back to the cinema" the decision came quite easily. He's the most powerful well-known guy they could have put in since Manhunter might be too outlandish for the movies right now.

Mattavist posted:

J comes after G and H in the alphabet.

Alphabetized lists mean nothing to a character who is both anarchy personified AND French.

I'll add DLC characters and Wonder Woman to that post later on and/or make another one and also put that in the OP.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

I would have been happy with either Vixen or Black Lightning since they've been Leaguers before. Cyborg is a Titan. I'm also pissed that he supplanted MM.

isn't vixen a cheetah skin? i had her show up in an anomaly

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Soonmot posted:

isn't vixen a cheetah skin? i had her show up in an anomaly

They mean Vixen as a founder member of the league in the comics instead of Cyborg. Vixen is indeed a premium skin for Cheetah on the game proper.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

That Brainiac post is making me want to take up the character.

My current main is Grodd, so not like I have a lot to lose!

It's funny because Braniac is actually quite neat even if he doesn't have a lot of crazy combos. I don't know if we'll ever see a competitive Braniac get far since he's not fast enough to deal with high-level play, but Grodd has had some great matches here and there. He and Poison Ivy are kind of dark horse picks that crop up now and again which owns because they're both weird as gently caress and fun to watch.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Is more that Cyborg is also a favorite of Geoff Johns.

Also Johns hates MM for some stupid reason.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Mirror Master would be a great addition

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Lmao I meant Martian Manhunter, but Mirror Master would be fun as hell.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

DLC Inc posted:

It's funny because Braniac is actually quite neat even if he doesn't have a lot of crazy combos. I don't know if we'll ever see a competitive Braniac get far since he's not fast enough to deal with high-level play, but Grodd has had some great matches here and there. He and Poison Ivy are kind of dark horse picks that crop up now and again which owns because they're both weird as gently caress and fun to watch.

I saw a great Brainiac on some tournament stream before Red Hood launch, ages ago. It was hilarious and wonderful - the commentators made a big point out of Brainiac being very stick friendly vs most other characters being best on a pad. Maybe that's why there's so few of them?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Mirror Master would be a great addition

All the Rogues for Injustice 3. Mirror Master, Captain Boomerang, Mark Hamill as Le Tricksteur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I have been thinking about whether to get a stick to play Ivy. It's not like there are circle motions but b+2 d+2, dbf+1 is tricky to execute​ and I wonder if a stick might make it easier.

Also thanks to OP I have listened to Toxic more this week than in the past five years

• Locked thread