Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

!Klams posted:

Are these the tutorials? Are they hard?

I actually thought he had done the multiverses with everybody but yeah the tutorials are tedious so it still applies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Mom with a blog posted:

Are any of the PS4 Goon guilds active? I just picked this up last night and I'd be down to get my rear end whooped by everyone else, assuming people still play this.

If you apply to Goon Squad I should be able to pick you up some time over the weekend.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Black Griffon posted:

loving finally

you're missing 10

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Pff call me when they have all the DLC

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

KungFu Grip posted:

you're missing 10

What now?

also call me when there's a DLC-deal

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Black Griffon posted:

What now?

I'm with you. I've done all the character tutorials too but have yet to buy the DLC.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Black Griffon posted:

What now?

yeah its called the kombat pack

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!
I'm not sure who's in charge of the xbawks guild but I just applied. I usually max out my guild points daily

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I picked up the game again after a while and loving Enchantress what a cool character.

That said, I’ve forgotten how to grind gear, what’s the best way?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Empress Brosephine posted:

I picked up the game again after a while and loving Enchantress what a cool character.

That said, I’ve forgotten how to grind gear, what’s the best way?

just go for the multiverses that ensure gold or higher boxes. otherwise you constantly get mother boxes from literally all the multiverse planets. hell I have like 100 bronze boxes I haven't even opened, poo poo's insane

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
drat I used to have that amount. I still wish we could just buy gear especially with so many characters makes it hard to get just the correct stuff

Gorgo Primus
Mar 29, 2009

We shall forge the most progressive republic ever known to man!
Is the PC guild still a thing? I applied the other day and haven't seen anything back.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The Grr v Foreverking match at Frosty Faustings just now was incredible.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/955844725579374592

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Would that it were real

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ruh roh.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Ed Boon turtles when?!?!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Fighter Pack 4: Scooby Doo, Rudy, and Goro

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I just submitted my app to the PC guild if anyone's still paying attention. What's the quickest way to level up characters to 20 with the AI, the endless battle royale in the multiverse battle simulator?

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Hoping the turts have the same free gear transformations as Hellboy. Probably second week of February, right?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

hup posted:

Hoping the turts have the same free gear transformations as Hellboy. Probably second week of February, right?

Boon's been pretty silent about it as of late but it's a safe bet to say they'll be here by mid-Feb. Can't imagine it would take longer but the next Watchtower stream should be coming soon.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

INJUSTICE 2 DLC CHARACTER BIBLE, Or: "Dear God I've spent so much loving money on this poo poo, was it even worth it!?"

RED HOOD
After being requested by every degenerate DC fan on the face of the earth, Jason Todd was pulled back from death and inserted into this laugh-in. Sure, he's angsty as gently caress, but wouldn't you be if you got murdered by the Joker and were forcibly resurrected by way of a ghoulpool and/or continuity-shattering punches? Jason's got a full arsenal of goodies to throw at you, whether it's akimbo guns from the air or throwing stars from below. He's great with both antiairs and aerial assaults, and can quickly close the gap or retreat with his dives. However, Red Hood relies on meter to truly unlock his potential. If you love getting up close, then his gunkata power will give you even more combo potential to screw around with.

PICK RED HOOD IF YOU LOVE: stylish counters, blank red mirror masks, hoodies, being the shittiest Robin, daddy issues, Fei Long, Equilibrium, Revolver Ocelot, stunt work, depending on a dialed number to save your life

STARFIRE
Koriand'r, space princess extraordinaire, is a flying flaming goddess that you either know from Teen Titans, or her skimpy costumes. Striking a pleasant compromise between innocent spacefarer and sex symbol in this appearance, Starfire poses as an interesting character equipped with projectile violence and a small but fierce assortment of combos. Boasting not only a Firestorm-esque airstrike and a combo grab, Starfire relies on her space laser setups which have the ability to be detonated. She's also got a slight variant on Supergirl's laser vision as her power, which is a slightly weaker but faster-charging beam that can even be comboed into. If you were into Supergirl but wanted to exchange physical combat for more lasershows, Starfire is a sound pick who is fun to play and easier to learn.

PICK STARFIRE IF YOU LOVE: Star Trek aliens, neon green poo poo, cartoons, DBZ beams, L'oreal conditioner, flaming split ends, touching grebnaks

SUB-ZERO
The obligatory Mortal Kombat guest character, Sub-Zero is a real son of a bitch. Possessing incredible strength + speed, crazy combos, and the ability to freeze you in multiple ways, Bi-han is a loving bastard who has the ability to run circles around the lesser-prepared members of the cast. Besides the Ice Klone ability being able to control the field, Sub-Zero can lock you out with either his ranged attacks or that goddamn slide. He's possibly even more annoying than Scorpion was in the old game, but with the new evasive rolls and other tactical changes to characters, it's not impossible to melt him. Minimize your mistakes and pray for a Fatality.

PICK SUB-ZERO IF YOU LOVE: Mortal Kombat, Ed Boon, showing up Captain Cold, slipping on wet kitchen floors, continuity errors, snazzy capes, picturing a giant ice hammer smashing your face, forever

BLACK MANTA
You'd think a character who is known as "Aquaman's nemesis" would be lame as gently caress, but with the cultural revisionism happening around Aquaman now, it's no surprise that the Manta is now a cool and deadly assassin. Wearing a comically large helmet and a rad jetpack, Black Manta is a brigade of special moves numbering a grappling hook, a dashing attack, a laser beam, smart bombs, and a "puddleport" not unlike Glacius. Manta is basically a Blackwater (no pun intended) fighting force of one, fully capable of stringing into almost all of his specials from basic combos. For evasion or mindfuckery, his ability gives him some lift from his jetpack, which can allow some fun smartbomb spam. An absolute terminator in terms of options to utilize, Black Manta is worth playing solely for his ability to keep opponents guessing what's next.

PICK BLACK MANTA IF YOU LOVE: grilling fish, The Shape Of Water, big bulbous UFO masks, saltwater taffy, daddy issues, playing with knives, the best postmatch animation in the game, junior jetpacks for men

BLACK LIGHTNING
I'm not sure why Black Lightning's moveset is based on Raiden, or why Raiden is the default costume for him--but some mysteries are just destined to be so. In any case, the southside sensation borrows quite a bit from Raiden's wheelhouse, mainly MKX--but it works since this gives him a variety of teleports, diving tackles, and command grabs for ground and air. His power soups up an already good assortment of combos, letting him teleport and crossup people with extra shocking damage. Not all of his neutral combos are great, but with enough practice his ability will chew through opponents and you'll be able to panicport like a pro. RIP in peace, Static.

PICK BLACK LIGHTNING IF YOU LOVE: telling the devs "gently caress you," playing as Raiden but not really, karate chop takedowns, HELPING THE SOUTH SIDE, E.Honda, bleepbloop teleports, getting lit, aviator goggles, roundhouse kicks

HELLBOY
A weird but welcome guest character, Hellboy is Mignola art made flesh and comes with a moveset mainly consisting of "punching and guns." Although a simple man with simple pleasures, Hellboy has a sick air game that can cancel out to gently caress with people, as well as a really great projectile, a backhanded pimpslap, and a whole lot of "grabbing and smashing" commands. Faster than he looks and hitting just as hard, Hellboy is a great beginner character since he can answer most problems while doling them out well. His prayer ability grants him a random buff, ranging from damage increase to super armor. He ain't the flashiest or the fastest of the lot, but when the chips are down, bet on Anung Un Rama.

PICK HELLBOY IF YOU LOVE: occult poo poo, big fun leaps, cancelling said big fun leaps, pistole slinging, oversized fists, smashing poo poo into the ground, trenchcoats, rosaries, flicking cig butts at people

ATOM
The Atom is kind of like DC's Ant-Man, but only in the most basic sense. Going far beyond the shrink and growth dichotomy, Atom is a certified genius who can craft up advanced concoctions, manipulate matter itself, and gain even more strength through his molecular changes. Long story short, Atom is ridiculous and possibly one of the most fun characters in the game. Shrinking down and zipping through fools is funny as gently caress, as is pushing your fun Toys 'R Us toolbelt and suspending yourself in air, or dropping Floam along the ground so it staples somebody to the floor. Atom is a hodgepodge of traps, escapes, and mindfuckery, topped off with an ability that shrinks his hitbox while escalating his mobility radically. As you play him, it's quite clear that Atom was the result of many late-night benders and drunken suggestions from a dev team that wanted pure chaos. Engaging the opposition with a consistently glowing smile and an array of weird science, Atom is unlike anyone else in the cast and is well worth experiencing firsthand.

PICK ATOM IF YOU LIKE: quantum mechanics, macrophelia, microphelia, test tube slinging, PhDs finally going to good use, Power Rangers outfits, laughing in the face of danger, vore, the feel of your ears popping on an airplane, utility belts

ENCHANTRESS
A turnover from a questionable movie appearance, Enchantress is half-Japanese ghost, half female demonologist. While Scarecrow's battles are happening in your mind, Enchantress wages a war upon herself with every second, fighting against a strange entity. Luckily, you'll have full mastery of her spellsword, telekinesis, and summons. Enchantress has a lot of utility when it comes to doing things like freezing opponents mid-combo or even leeching life and adding it to herself, and her demon summon can be a shield or a weapon depending on the situation. More bizarre is her curse move, which imbues random maladies on your enemy. Certainly fated for better things than a David Ayer trainwreck, Enchantress is a strange but likeable character if you're into simple ranged traps but like a magician who has great combos.

PICK ENCHANTRESS IF YOU LOVE: F.E.A.R., Ju-on, The Grudge, the Gemini sign, white women named "June Moone," The United States of Tamara, zookeeper Necromancers, Ermac

RUDY
The ventriloquist dummy from the classic pinball game "Funhouse," Rudy is once again voiced by Ed Boon and is ready to GET HIMSELF A HOT DOG. Boasting a smaller hitbox than most of the other cast members, Rudy easily ducks under most fireballs and can get in close for his patended jawbreaker command grabs and headbutts. No slouch at long range, Rudy can also spit out pinballs from afar, or "play with the clock" and slow down time with a telekinetic spell. Most dangerous of all is his ability to "go play on the steps" when it's "getting late," as he gets stronger the longer the match goes on for. His ability, Multiball, rains down pinballs in an arc not unlike Dhalsim from SFV. A terrifying and worthwhile character, Rudy is primed to tilt his opposition into the gutter.

PICK RUDY IF YOU LOVE: delusion, Midway classics, Lyman Sheets Jr, Rick Stetta, Goosebumps, Coney Island treats, straightjackets, fake leaks

THE TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES
TBA LATER.

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jan 30, 2018

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Nice round up. Also :laffo: is Starfire's name really a loving cooking spice? I've said it before but goddamn DC sucks in the naming department

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Hexenritter posted:

Nice round up. Also :laffo: is Starfire's name really a loving cooking spice? I've said it before but goddamn DC sucks in the naming department

Yeah, it's Koriand'r but she goes by Kory Anders on Earth.

DC has some really bad alt-identities. My favorite was always Martian Manhunter being known as "J'onn J'onnz" and then making his human name "John Jones" lol

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

That one cracked me the gently caress up when I first heard it

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Hexenritter posted:

Her sister Blackfire is a queen named Komand’r.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

codenameFANGIO posted:

Her sister Blackfire is a queen named Komand’r.

:downs:

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
You hosed up, Rudy is actually the one from the Sean Astin movie

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

You hosed up, Rudy is actually the one from the Sean Astin movie

I can't ever see him in anything without going "oh no master Frodo" or "po-tay-to. Boil em mash em stick em in a stew" in a Samwise accent

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Hexenritter posted:

I can't ever see him in anything without going "oh no master Frodo" or "po-tay-to. Boil em mash em stick em in a stew" in a Samwise accent

"I swear i weren't droppin no eaves mister Gandalf. But i won't be droppin no combos either!"

SAMWISE GAMGEE! FIGHTER PACK 4

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/958781751337390080

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can’t wait

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/959101280504426496

lol Black Manta just like "ah, gently caress"

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/959101280504426496

lol Black Manta just like "ah, gently caress"

"I'm about to get hit with a skateboard wielded by a giant, mutant turtle. What even is my life?"

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

DLC Inc posted:

BLACK LIGHTNING
I'm not sure why Black Lightning's moveset is based on Raiden, or why Raiden is the default costume for him--but some mysteries are just destined to be so. In any case, the southside sensation borrows quite a bit from Raiden's wheelhouse, mainly MKX--but it works since this gives him a variety of teleports, diving tackles, and command grabs for ground and air. His power soups up an already good assortment of combos, letting him teleport and crossup people with extra shocking damage. Not all of his neutral combos are great, but with enough practice his ability will chew through opponents and you'll be able to panicport like a pro. RIP in peace, Static.

PICK BLACK LIGHTNING IF YOU LOVE: telling the devs "gently caress you," playing as Raiden but not really, karate chop takedowns, HELPING THE SOUTH SIDE, E.Honda, bleepbloop teleports, getting lit, aviator goggles, roundhouse kicks

MY MAN

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/959453201165635586

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

"I swear i weren't droppin no eaves mister Gandalf. But i won't be droppin no combos either!"

SAMWISE GAMGEE! FIGHTER PACK 4

This needs more love.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

That loving iCarly guy is still at it

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

That loving iCarly guy is still at it

NRS fans are legit insane. Throughout MKX the amount of tweets en masse about "PLS PUT SAREENA IN" was mental

cool but crude:

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/959540140560601088

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Mmmm that's some good clipping on that weapon handle.

• Locked thread