Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Not surprised to see NRS sticking to their guns in making Superman the best character in the game twice in a row.

It's too bad cool new interesting characters like Swampthang and Black Canary are going to probably just end up being *ok* but chances are you'll still just end up fighting Superman online every second or third match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

fadam posted:

The best NRS player in the universe thinks Canary is the best character in the beta and Superman was only the best character in IJ1 a for like one patch I thought?

I honestly don't remember you might be totally right. I just recall Supes still being considered top tier after his nerfs even if he wasn't winning premier tournaments.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Aw I was looking forward to some kind of Poison Ivy vs Swamp Thing pre-battle banter in that video. What the poo poo, NRS.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Giants are so scary, you guys.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

When's Constantine

Injustice 3: Injustatine

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

If NRS doesn't include the Joker in the opening roster, they'll probably wind up throwing him in as a DLC.

Get ready for a slew of "Joker? I thought you died!" "News of my demise is greatly exaggerated! HahaHA!" type opening dialogs.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Bane looks kind of awful, same with Cold. You can tell the design team had to make their base appearance pretty bland thanks to the "every battle defines you" schtick.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Maaaan. Firestorm looks so uninspired, even with all the fake hype generated by the rasslers..

I think they hit their design peak with Swamp Thang.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Babe Magnet posted:

Best part of Injustice comics was Plastic Man showing up and talking poo poo about Supes to his face and everyone in the room was well aware that they couldn't do anything about it because Plastic Man is terrifyingly unstoppable.

How is Plastic Man NOT a character in Injustice 2 yet?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

She couldn't think of a symbol to wear on her chest, so she just used a big hole?

I'm surprised NRS didn't opt for Power Girl first and make Super Girl her DLC in that case. She seems right up their ally.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I would argue Grodd's is pretty boring, too.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Then the Ubermensch decides he's just gonna perform heat vision brain surgery on Shazman.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOjy6uOOwZ4

warning: this dude has the particular brand of nerd voice that is just aggressively boring.

Oh my god, I stumbled on this dudes videos while falling through the YouTube hole one night and I'm like, why do I finding these videos so atrociously hard to stay awake during? He's talking about cool comic book poo poo and it's his fuckin voice that robs me of all interest in paying attention.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

My uncle who works at Nintendo tells me his friend who works at NRS told him that Joker is going to be DLC, just you wait and see.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Totally digging Captain Cold. He's exceeding my expectations which were pretty low after seeing him briefly in an earlier trailer for the story. Even his voice is perfect for a smarmy dude with a freeze gun and his fighting style looks fun.

Somehow Bane still looks boring.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I like how Swamp Thang is hanging out in the Yukon or whatever and how Batman is a walking rave.

Why's Scarecrow so scared for, isn't he literally a Fear Lantern in that image? Or is he just being sarcastic or something? Either way this should be his alt skin.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Mar 31, 2017

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

In recent years overexposure to fear toxin has made Scarecrow unable to feel fear at anything non-Batman related

the yellow ring gave him that back

That's actually pretty loving awesome.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I've actually been meaning to read Blackest Night, for a really long time.

But first, shouldn't I read Sinestro Corps War? See, I don't really know where to start when it comes to Green Lantern.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

I don't get it

It's an april fools joke that will generate so much internet faux hype for the wonder twins that NRS will make it DLC and release it alongside the Joker.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Imagine Wonder Twins where one character is a grizzly bear and the other character is Rain from MK9

I'm imagining him as literally rain from MK9 just falling from the sky all match while Grodd or Aquaman or whatever fights his sister the grizzly bear.

Lurdiak posted:

The most amazing thing about all of Johns' Green Lantern epic is that brief period where Hal didn't have a Green Lantern ring and was basically a sadsack unemployed loser, and then Sinestro showed up to make fun of him.

There's a spectacular moment where Hal manages to gently caress up so badly during a date with his long-standing love interest Carol Ferris that she angrily peels out of the restaurant's parking lot, prompting Hal to yell "Carol, wait! YOU DROVE ME HERE!"

That sounds awesome because of how closely it mimics my actual life at the moment.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

They should put Larfleeze in this game also

Ya there more I read about him the more I like him. If Batman can have his entire rogues gallery show up, GL can have a few of his join in too.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I don't hate her ultra.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

Clash dialogue is unique like pre fight banter now

There's definitely some repeat lines. They seem to be squeezed in if the context at least works though.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Captain Colds ice platforms look rad as hell. Sucks that it's an ability locked behind an equipment upgrade though.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Evil Canadian posted:

Wait did they actually say that, I only skimmed through the vod since I missed it live. Grodd is my most anticipated new character.

Yup, they announced it when they were answering Reddit questions.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Unlucky7 posted:

Holy poo poo, apparently someone in NRS agreed with me that Flash's super in the first game was terrible (You take the most memorable part of JLU and make it BORING!?), because the new one makes up for it and then some.

You thought that The Flash going "Rrrrrrrrrrrrahhh!" Then running around the world and across water to land a speedster uppercut was terrible? It was mediocre at worst.

While I'm at it, can I just mention how every hero going "Haaaaa!" or "Rrrrraawwwwrrr!" before their super is kind of dumb?

When did that poo poo start happening in NRS games? MK vs DCU? At least Catwoman goes "Meeeeowwrrr!"

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I mean before doing their cinematic supers.

Pretty sure it started because of MKvDCU fatalities heroic brutalities:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uHORoxXq3E&t=3s

RRAAAAWWWRRRRRRRRAAAGHH

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ya I'll concede that it would have been an awesome loving super if they had cribbed from that scene a lot more because that ruled.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Speaking of Deadshot, has there been a Watchtower showcase of him already?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Haaaaaaa!!! *Super*

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

That's right, Ed. That is Brainiac.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

How is making a no-gear mode where the characters are designed in a somewhat balanced manner pandering to a minority group/niche audience?

Gear is meant to allow for broken poo poo and casual play without NRS needing to worry about patching the game because of it months down the road.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Technowolf posted:

Is it wrong of me to want either a guest character or premiere skin from the recent Star Trek/GL crossover stuff?

OST Kirk axe-handle strikes and haymaker punches all day.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

For all its faults the story for MKvsDCU was fun in a Saturday morning stupid way, the story for MK9 blew that out of the water. The story for Injustice was great and the story for MK10 was a step up from that.

If my calculations are correct, the story for Injustice 2 will... destroy the entire planet.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I have a feeling Injustice 2 will be unbalanced from the get go because, ya know, Superman.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Wow, I've been out of the loop for a week or so and there's so much out from the game now. I'm surprised there isn't footage of Joker gameplay yet.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

All the Super moves for each character but Brainiac and Joker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECUxAzSw2GQ

Lol @ Catwoman's super being done in that bar. There's a background patron who's just engulfed in flames from the bike explosion.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

AndyElusive posted:

Wow, I've been out of the loop for a week or so and there's so much out from the game now. I'm surprised there isn't footage of Joker gameplay yet.

Literally 24 hours after I said this gameplay footage of Joker appears.

FunkMonkey posted:

Based on his tone however, I can totally see that fight announcer being a blase dude thinking the whole fight was completely gauche and beneath him.

"Victoire de Flash...." *takes long, apathetic drag from a cigarette.*

This needs to be the first mod to be available if this ever gets a PC release.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

Flash giving Clark a giant "Pssssshaw" will always be among the greatest dunks in comic bookdom.

Hahaha holy poo poo. Served.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Lavender Lantern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Oh poo poo I went from not expecting much out of Darkseid to absolutely loving him.

That's going to drive pre-orders through the roof. Also he's probably going to be broken as hell.

• Locked thread