Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gavok posted:

Since the game and comic have been good about keeping the continuity smooth, here are some of the more notable dead characters in the Injustice universe. In other words, guys you shouldn't expect to see outside of alt skins:

- Beast Boy
- Kid Flash
- Kalibak
- Captain Atom
- Kyle Rayner
- Despero
- John Stewart
- Guy Gardner
- Ganthet
- Phantom Stranger
- Huntress
- Kilowog
- Parasite
- Heatwave
- Weather Wizard

Bizarro died too, but he was just a failed clone of Superman, so there's no reason we couldn't just get another one.

The Huntress/Batwomanl thing in the Injustice comic always bugged the living hell out of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MinibarMatchman posted:

His previously deleted tweets were of Green Arrow so that's who I'm betting for.

None of those dead characters are anything special to me although I would prefer Kyle Raynor over Hal Jordan, and was holding out hope that Beast Boy would appear.

The only dead character I really need back is Shazam. Really need those spinning atomic drops and sick thunderbolt combos.

He wrote Green Arrow a bunch in the first Injustice comic.

MinibarMatchman posted:

His previously deleted tweets were of Green Arrow so that's who I'm betting for.

None of those dead characters are anything special to me although I would prefer Kyle Raynor over Hal Jordan, and was holding out hope that Beast Boy would appear.

The only dead character I really need back is Shazam. Really need those spinning atomic drops and sick thunderbolt combos.

Shazam might not be back but Mary Marvel or CM3 both seem possible.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MinibarMatchman posted:

whew thank god the thread title is now validated. Swamp Thing looks like he'll be replacing Martian Manhunter on the "green shapeshifter" front, seems like a really cool character. Like the Noob Saibot poo poo he can do, he kind of reminds me of Glacius too? Slow plodding pace, teleports and shapeshifting.

All I need now is a surprise Etrigan the Demon.

Oh poo poo. Etrigan would be a fantastic choice for this kind of game.

Give him snarky-rear end rhyming intros for each character.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FunkMonkey posted:

As happy as I am Swamp Thing is in this one, in the comic didn't he end up trapped in hell? I wonder if they'll explain that.

I kind of hope the guy who wrote those amazing profiles explaining the characters comes back for the new characters in this one

Considering the people available pulling someone out of Hell is pretty drat easy.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gavok posted:

I'm your huckleberry.

Oh hey, you did profiles for Injustice too? Can you link to that?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gavok posted:

This will be the second fighting game to have Cheetah as a playable character.

Booster Gold is still at zero.

What? Booster Gold's been playable in plenty of games. Why, he was playable in Injustice with both green AND yellow variations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I dont know posted:

But isn't Green Arrow dead in this universe? Not that death has ever meant much for comic media, but it would be weird if they use it as a basis to drop characters inconsistently.

Green Arrow and Black Canary both exist in a place outside of time per Injustice canon so he could be an alt-dimension Green Arrow just not the mainline one.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Man, Sinestro must be loving pissed. Hal Jordan murdered a bunch of people, joined his worst enemy, actively turned against the Green Lantern Corp and the Guardians were just like 'lol nah you can come back ain't no big deal.'

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Scholastic advertising bloody T rated games is weird

Back when I was a kid they had stuff about Mortal Kombat.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

AndyElusive posted:

She couldn't think of a symbol to wear on her chest, so she just used a big hole?

I'm surprised NRS didn't opt for Power Girl first and make Super Girl her DLC in that case. She seems right up their ally.

Supergirl currently has a somewhat popular TV show which is basically the key.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jimmy Hats posted:

The show that got cancelled and then bailed out by a 3rd string network lol.

It was ultra terrible as soon as martian manhunter showed up

That doesn't particularly matter, especially when a game has been in development for a while.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jimmy Hats posted:

Why the heck would they pay to have the actress come and voice a TV show skin when nobody watches the TV show?

Because cross-brand synergy and likely when the game started development the show was either brand new (and thus getting a positive reception) or not even out yet.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Babe Magnet posted:

not to stop you or anything but are all of these just gonna be copy/pastes from your blog

Gavok's writeups are cool, but way to be a dick.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Booster Gold seems like such an obvious choice. You'd basically get Johnny Cage with laser blasts.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I'm against Plastic Man in this game on the grounds that he's too awesome to work in a 2D fghting game to work faithfully, espicially if they want to stay true to the Injustice annual comic.

I don't understand the appeal of Starfire being in the game besides character and Titans representation. I can't think what she can bring to the battlefield but Netherealm has proven to have more imagination than me. They made Leatherface fit in a Mortal Kombat game

She is a hot supermodel space alien who shoots laser blasts and wears a battle bikini. That's basically all you need to understand.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

fadam posted:

Cold seems neat but I really hate playing characters with fireballs that hit high.

Up high! Down low? Too slow. :colbert:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dQBLAWslLk&t=217s

I miss Wally West (even though the JLU version was just reskinned Peter Parker at times)

The comic version was just reskinned Peter Parker at times too so that's fine.

Right down to both of them losing their marriages in magic bullshit.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wait, what happened to Injustice Tim?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FunkMonkey posted:

He got Superman'd along with the surviving Titans.

Be nice to take a break from Harley for awhile comic book. Just saying.

Huh, poo poo, I never realized. I guess that got kind of glossed over because "Superman murdered Batman's teenage sidekick" really feels like it should get more attention. I guess such is the fate of Tim Drake, The Bonus Robin.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

fadam posted:

Check out the Injustice 2 subreddit sometime lmao. Less people cumming onto their host's mattresses and more autistic rage about Red Hood (not too dissimilar from BSS tbh) and writing 60 page posts about how they would implement Klarion the Witch Boy as a character.

... Klarion the Witch Boy would own though?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

In order to assure that everyone is unhappy it will be Red Hood but will actually be the old school cape-and-a-dome-helm Red Hood who is voiced by Mark Hamill but whose identity will be a closely guarded secret, though his fighting style of throwing cards, acid flowers and booby traps may seem oddly familiar...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

It isn't super noticeable but last boss Superman was definitely more powerful than regular Superman.

Really, in what ways? just pure stats or did he actually have different move gimmicks?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Huh. So barring some characters just not having any cheevos that would leave Joker as the only character we haven't seen yet?

I guess they could be under Secret Achievements.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I was going to go "Man, are they seriously giving Jason Todd a stupid glowing power-up suit" and then I remember that is literally the gimmick of Injustice 2 so that's actually kind of funny.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MinibarMatchman posted:

there's standard Arcade with character specific arcade endings, and Story Mode which may or may not have multiple paths

The multiple paths are confirmed via the achievements.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wanderer posted:

So who are all those characters who got their heads blown off in this week's comic?

Mostly Z-tier Batman villains like Killer Moth, Clock King, etc. None of them are particularly noteworthy except for the fact they are Z-Tier Batman villains and those some people love them for being such.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FunkMonkey posted:

I beg your pardon, Clock King was a Z-Tier Green Arrow villain. Harumph.

You know more people know him from B:TAS than anything else.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

I think Spawn in there is my favorite part. It's just stupid enough that it's obviously fake, but a dumb person could definitely buy it.

To be fair it isn't like it'd be the first fighting game that Spawn showed up in!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MinibarMatchman posted:

this is almost as embarrassingly obvious as when Rocksteady adamantly told people "Arkham Knight is ABSOLUTELY A NEW CHARACTER" even though everyone and their mother knew it was Jason Todd.

it's def a hallucination thing done by Scarecrow.

Considering all the magical bullshit floating around he could also be somehow magically animated or whatever.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I forget, did the Injustice comic ever address the Kents after the end of the first year?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

fadam posted:

What's this I'm reading about Black Adam having two traits?

Edit: Oh, lame it's a gear thing. He can get Shazam's trait through gear. Another cool thing that's never going to get played with 😣

If the rumors are accurate about Shazam being a premium skin for Black Adam maybe he'll begin with that trait by default instead.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

C. Everett Koop posted:

So my guess for the story:

1a: Supergirl comes to Earth, wonders why her cousin is in jail, frees him.
1b: Grodd's crew gets up to some poo poo, Batman's crew has to stop him.
2: Superman runs wild over everyone, Batman and crew put him back in jail after Supergirl realizes her cousin is a dick now.
3: Brainiac invades, Batman and Supergirl have to re-free Superman and ~*~*w0rK t0g3tH3r**~! in order to beat him.
4: Superman kills Batman and Supergirl, reclaims Earth, and says he's going to take over the other Earth from Injustice 1 because that's how the Justice Lords storyline kinda went.

Just based off trailers and some of the character dialog, plus how comics/games generally work.

The dialogue makes it sound a lot more like Supergirl puts Superman back in prison at the end and is possibly the 'canonical' one to beat Braniac, giving them a somewhat happy ending where there is a new non-poo poo Kryptonian around.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Does Superman have a posses?

At minimum he appears to have Robin, all of their dialogue is about them working together.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jimmy Hats posted:

He's on my list of dudes who might die but there also aren't any green lanterns left to replace him so ?? i dunno ??

Sounds like it's Alan Scott's time to shine.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

How about handsome Lobo?

He dead.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

fadam posted:

I hope we get some New Gods. They're very underrepresented for how cool they are, they're like the opposite of The Inhumans.

Orion would own pretty hard actually, yeah. As would Barda.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Crowetron posted:

Red Hood's the only one I don't like, because we already have a Gun Man and an angsty Robin. Starfire could be a fun zoner and Sub-Zero owns.

We also already have man who creates ice stuff too though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jimmy Hats posted:

Was that Robin murdering Lex Luthor near the beginning?

Anyways this game looks dope as hell and there seems to be a tonne of single player content. I'm sure just leveling a bunch of characters to 20 would keep a lot of people busy for a while!

Also I never asked this but does the game have a block button or is it still down or back to block?

Not Lex Luthor, just a random bald guy.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

Supergirl but with two huge differences

A stupid outfit and a cat.

Supergirl had a cat! In fact Power Girl's cat is (retroactively) a reference to that.

She also had a lot of very stupid outfits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

LLJKSiLk posted:

The only thing that bothers me (comic book logic hurrr) is that every character on the roster has a reason to be there justified by the comics except for Joker. Was Joker really that popular of a character in the last game?

Shazam is dead, Sinestro is obviously gone because Green Lantern has a back story that explains the return of the corps, Green Arrow/Black Canary/Dr. Fate are there via comics,

I want to say Joker did something to Scarecrow leading up to the last Injustice, but we get Robert Englund voicing him so I'm happy.

Why waste a slot on Joker?

Despite how often people say they're sick of him The Joker is by far the most popular supervillain in existence.

Also the Scarecrow in Injustice 2 is apparently not Jonathan Crane, the pre-fight dialogue has characters saying stuff like "Who is that beneath the mask?" Crane was killed off by the Joker early in Injustice.

• Locked thread