Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fadam
Apr 23, 2008

It sucks that Canary looks exactly like Sonya but at least her face isn't all hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Bane looks like the robot from Killer Bitchstink

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What's Blue Beetle's trait?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

There's an hour long set between SonicFox's Canary and Slayer's Superman on Youtube but it's commentated by two britsh guys instead of having the stream dialogue :(

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Swamp Thing looks bad rear end. Thank god he's not just a reskin of Poison Ivy.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

AndyElusive posted:

Not surprised to see NRS sticking to their guns in making Superman the best character in the game twice in a row.

It's too bad cool new interesting characters like Swampthang and Black Canary are going to probably just end up being *ok* but chances are you'll still just end up fighting Superman online every second or third match.

The best NRS player in the universe thinks Canary is the best character in the beta and Superman was only the best character in IJ1 a for like one patch I thought?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

My money's on Poison Ivy.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I kind of wish they used Ivy's look from the latest All-star Batman. That poo poo was ill.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Ah man, Cyborg isn't the reveal we were supposed to get today is he?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Evil Canadian posted:

Lol of course he was, why would you think differently.

But look on the brightside, with the rule of twos(two super-people, two bats(batman and robin), two plant people, two cat people and such) we now have two arm-transformy techno black people!

I just hope the rule of two holds for Grodd so we can get detective chimp in the game.

I'm not bummed that Cyborg is in the game, I'm bummed that he was the reveal. I swear they already announced him but it was probably just mobile poo poo.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I've been enjoying the new Red Hood book so Jason Todd would be rad. Dr. Fate could be cool too.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Dr. Fate looks cool. If that triple shot hits crouchers I'm all in.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is the only video of Firestorm this 45 minute piece of poo poo with the wrestlers?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Yardbomb posted:

What? That video is a whopping 12 minutes.

I just loaded it up on my computer to watch it and you're right. Not sure what happened there.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Wow, Firestorm is so underwhelming.

Honestly, that's a pretty big problem with this game in general. They have this roster filled with fantastic characters with crazy powers but the game is just UE models lumbering around throwing janky NRS animations at each other.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

MvC rules because some of the stuff the heroes do is completely out of character (why is Magneto so fast??) but it doesn't matter because it feels awesome to watch and play. The game is bright and colorful, everyone can zip around the screen with super jumps and air dashes, everyone has custom voice lines for each other, and the specials/supers are all very flashy. The characters in MvC feel like superheroes, the characters in IJ feel like MK characters, and as a life long DC fan that is a real bummer. Superman deserves better.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Brother Entropy posted:

nrs is a good fit for modern cape comics and i don't mean that as a compliment for either side

IMO most cape comics (DC especially) are better now than they have been in a long time, friend.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Gavok posted:

Injustice Batman threatens to take a trip to Earth One if their Superman ever steps out of line.

To what? Get owned over and over until another Earth's Superman comes to bail him out again?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLJW-0Qrjvk Robin looks cool. Command runs are always fun to play around with and his ex-DP leading to a full combo is going to piss a lot of people off lmao. It's also cool seeing people literally melt down over it being Damien instead of any of the other kids.

EDIT: Dr. Fate looks cool too. It sucks that his dash isn't actually a tp though :(

fadam fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Mar 23, 2017

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I'm excited for this game but goddamn is it ugly. They've been through like nine different revisions and upgrades and Supergirl's face still looks like poo poo.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Red Hood would be bad rear end because this game needs more characters with their faces completely covered.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Saint Walker is probably in the top 3 of comic characters invented in the past twenty years imo, and that page of him leading the charge of the Blue Lanterns is probably among my favorite pages of all time.

EDIT: I don't think he'd be a particularly good fit for the Injustice series though.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

LeSquide posted:

"Get Vivisected" probably isn't great material for a finisher.

What are the lantern books out at the moment? I finished out the last Sinestro run and liked it well enough, but the last time I was trying to keep track of the Corps it was the Lost Army stuff which fell kinda flat for me.

Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps and Green Lanterns. Green Lanterns is basically a buddy cop story (Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz) that's more earth focused than HL+GLC which is more cosmic. Both are very good. Green Lanterns started out pretty weak but it's one of my favorite comics now.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is there a link to a recording of the walkthroughs?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Cold seems neat but I really hate playing characters with fireballs that hit high.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What's the time stamp on the Mr. Freeze reskin in that new video? I can't find it.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Oh, I didn't realize it was that hidden. Thanks!

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

poo poo, I forgot the Watchtower was today. Any VoDs?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I like the animation on the drone thing Cyborg summons.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Are there going to be default gear sets for each character? Some of these new gear moves seem rad but I can't see them ever being used in tournaments if they have to be manually equipped etc.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Ivy trailer.

https://twitter.com/InjusticeGame/status/853971314373042180

Her little plant friend looks neat, but it's probably a gear upgrade :(.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Evil Canadian posted:

I hope yoshi summon is core moveset and not gear.

It might just be movie magic but I'm pretty sure that's the case. Her costume when her stand is out is identical to the rest of the trailer. I haven't bothered to go back and check the other trailers to see if that's the case for other characters with gear moves, though. Some dude on Reddit who was right about some other poo poo in the past is also saying it's her trait.

If NRS is smart they'll make it really easy to swap to the new moves in tournament mode, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Some of them (the Captain Cold platforms) are too cool to be locked behind a dumb microtransaction vector for normies.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Evil Canadian posted:

Bonus moves will not be tournament legal across the board as they are tied to gear. I know they are aiming for a gear-on side tourney at Evo but that would be an exception.

Yeah, but isn't there specifically a tournament mode that disables everything? Seems like it wouldn't be too hard to put the option of picking the new moves in there, similar to how you pick styles or whatever in MKX.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Evil Canadian posted:

I don't know about a tournament mode for offline specifically, but bonus moves and gear are specifically banned in Ranked online play and the devs themselves obviously don't want the bonus moves used for serious play.

Ah poo poo, I didn't know that. I thought it was the opt-out system like in the beta.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I hope Injustice 2 discussion is just as rife with obnoxious items v.s no items arguments as Smash Brother is.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

MinibarMatchman posted:

I doubt any fighting game could ever approach the zenith of psychosis that inhabits the smash bros community

Check out the Injustice 2 subreddit sometime lmao. Less people cumming onto their host's mattresses and more autistic rage about Red Hood (not too dissimilar from BSS tbh) and writing 60 page posts about how they would implement Klarion the Witch Boy as a character.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

... Klarion the Witch Boy would own though?

Just like the plot of Injustice, sometimes people do the wrong things for the right reasons.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I will be genuinely surprised if we don't get a Watchmen character as DLC.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

The entire "competitive" fighting game scene is the absolute worst thing

Nah it's great.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

You know what else is red sometimes hoods.

4/28 get ready fellas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I haven't listened to it yet but here's those two British MK guys talking about a build of Injustass they played.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY4jZEm2W3g&t=3408s

• Locked thread