Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Kurtofan posted:

Can people summarize who was on what side in the first injustice and what happened in general, story wise.

This is honestly more detailed than most can probably remember from 4 years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I can't play MvC. It's way too fast and there's way too much poo poo happening at any second, so I'm glad Injustice plays at a speed I can comprehend and participate in

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Jimmy Hats posted:

Why the heck would they pay to have the actress come and voice a TV show skin when nobody watches the TV show?

They likely would pay her normal VA wage, and it's promotion for the show. They did the same thing for Arrow in Injustice 1

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I could deal with 1 less Batman character

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

FunkMonkey posted:

My favorite thing about Arkham Knight was two things: dragging the batmobile up the side of buildings via grappling hook in the most hilariously overwrought example of an enforced gameplay mechanic, and the fact that anyone even basically familiar with the source material knew exactly who the Arkham Knight was from the moment of his introduction and having to endure a whole game's worth of conceited "who could this mystery man POSSIBLY BE?!" right up to the very end. Wasn't the mystery of his identity one of the big marketing points leading up to the game's release?

Anyway, agreeing that having the Joker return in any way would feel like a cop out.

The best part was that they were talking about a person the games had never talked about before and then you're supposed to be surprised that's who was under the helmet.

The actual idea wasn't awful, but the execution was. Between that and the Batmobile poo poo, it really bummed me out. I loved that franchise.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
At least the Season Pass gave you a LOT of stuff and it wasn't bad.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Technowolf posted:

Is it bad of me that I want Talion (from Shadow of Mordor/War) as a guest character?

I mean it'd be as much of a lovely mismatch as Scorpion was in Injustice 1 so whatevs

Bonus points if you put him in the season pass and keep your most popular characters separate like last time too

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Doomsday was my main in the first game. It looks like Grodd will be my jam this time.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Remember really early in the game's life someone won a tournament spamming Deathstroke guns?

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

AndyElusive posted:

While I'm at it, can I just mention how every hero going "Haaaaa!" or "Rrrrraawwwwrrr!" before their super is kind of dumb?
When did that poo poo start happening in NRS games? MK vs DCU? At least Catwoman goes "Meeeeowwrrr!"

Lol they have been grunting since MK1

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Gavok posted:

The MKX comic prequel wasn't the best thing, but it did build up Kotal Kahn as this supreme badass antihero with a tragic edge that the game never truly jibed with. Though I did like how some of the endings flipped the script and made it seem like Kotal would become the new protagonist by having him defend Outworld against an invading Raiden via Mortal Kombat.

Hamill even reprised the role in Justice League Unlimited, giving us one of the show's best scenes.

"Hey, after you finish your drink, turn yourself in."

"Got me again, Flash!"

He also plays the OG Trickster in the new live action Flash

Hail Mr. Satan! fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Apr 10, 2017

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I really hope Darkseid is good. Goro was a bit of a disappointment but I got a lot of hate messages winning with him calling it pay2win lol

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Well it's not a true comics related thread until we have a nerd argument like this.

(PS it's definitely Jon, followed by Hal. No one even knows Kyle outside of comics readers)

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Space Fish posted:

AND THEN Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz come along and I want them to have skins any presence at all in Injustice 2 so much because they are the best.

Jessica Cruz is going to be in the mobile game, so id assume she'll be a premium skin in the console version

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
The entire "competitive" fighting game scene is the absolute worst thing

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

You can thank the competitive fighting scene for the last few NRS games being worth a drat.

Nah

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Competitive fighting game scene is actually fine, I just get annoyed that they insist on taking the cool aspects of fighting games and stripping them out for their stuff.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Evil Canadian posted:

cheev list out

https://www.trueachievements.com/n27694/injustice-2-achievement-list-revealed

No shocker Joker confirmed. Rumour of story mode branching paths confirmed as well.

Without knowing the hidden trophies, seems like an easy enough plat.

It really makes me happy there isn't a "get 1000 points in KOTH" trophy because that was pure hell in MKX where the entire player base was zero-pointing dickholes

My vote for goon group name is "Goon tube"

Hail Mr. Satan! fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Apr 25, 2017

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Le Joker oh ho ho ho!

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Green Arrow looking pretty much the same as last time is super disappointing.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I kinda want to main Flash even though it's not traditionally my type of character, just because that Reverse Flash skin is so rad

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I could see Martian Manhunter coming back, as he's in the Supergirl TV show and was a member in the Justice League cartoon

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Is Firestorm in the comics the same two dudes as in the TV show or are they just going with the TV version since it's the most well known?

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

TwoPair posted:

Oh, I thought it was because they used Rusch in season 1 and had him say that he was getting out of town.

I don't think they ever used the Rusch guy. The first few apearances in Flash, it was Robbie, but then the actor bailed.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
He wasn't fired. They gave him his own show on the network. He's Steven Amell's brother.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Saint Freak posted:

It's Jason Blood and he can't call Etrigan.

More like Phoenix WRONG bitch

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I hope the lady on the far right is Vixen, I feel like Netherealm could make a great moveset with her. If it's not her I imagine Morgan Le Fay, Circe or Grail the Darksied daughter

Vixen could be great, and I could see it happening with her being in the CW shows

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Anyone who played in the beta, what did you think about Atrocitus? I love Dex-Starr but do you think the actual character is decent?

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
They did this with the MKX android app too. It's like they leave money on the table for people itching for something a few says before release

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Joker taking up a character slot is still super disappointing. There are several characters I'd rather see return from the first game than him.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

KOMI posted:

My first time digitally preording in a long while (PS4) - will there be a pre-load at some point before Monday night? The first Injustice I believe was over 40 GB.

It's 5/14 for the preload. If you go to your purchases tab in your library there's an option in there to automatically preload

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

AndyElusive posted:

I'm down for story spoilers because Ed Boon seems the PC unworthy of same day release.

I mean after the last couple WB PC ports I wouldn't buy the thing on that platform anyhow

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

MrJacobs posted:

Mortal Kombat XL, Just Cause 3, and Shadows of Mordor had great ports.

Didn't the last MKX DLC pack never even come out on Steam?

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I know premium skins don't get gear aesthetics, but can you use shaders on them, or are they completely locked into that one look and those colors?

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

ImpAtom posted:

The premium skins themselves count as a shader I believe.

Ahhhhhboooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
If they make a Bizarro premiere skin, or even better make Bizarro a DLC character, all will be forgiven and I will main him forever

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

McSpanky posted:

The coolest thing anyone's done with Cyborg in literal decades is making an evil clone of him that looks like the Terminator hate-hosed the Nvidia logo.

I don't know why DC is pushing Cyborg so hard.

Oh wait yes I do. They have very few interesting people of color in their books

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

DLC Inc posted:

sorry brah, need that lighting power spot for Raiden lol. 2 MK reps, letz do dis

it's cute people think it's only going to be two. They are going to do the MKX route of half the DLC characters being "guests"

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
It'll be Sub Zero, Raiden, Fujin, and Sareena

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Really though, Bizarro and Booster Gold are my two biggest DLC wants but I doubt we will get either :/

• Locked thread