Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

those are some inspired animations i'll give 'em that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

it should be liu kang so they can make a black lantern alt to do the zombie liu kang thing yet again

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Fenn the Fool! posted:

I really would have thought that the two botanical-ecoterrorists and the two feline-females would have been alternate costumes of the same moveset, just like Flash/Zoom, Supergirl/Powergirl, and Hal/John were confirmed to be. We don't see a ton of gameplay in those trailers, but if they are clones NRS is working pretty hard to hide it. We'll have to wait and see how the two ice-guys and the two crazed-villains-who-employ-hallucinogenic-gas shake out.

hey if capcom can make half a dozen characters with just 'fireball/dragon punch/tornado kick' play differently

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

That Bane is fuckin' awful. He looks like some sort of futuristic sports player.

instead of venom the tube injects monster energy drink directly into his skull

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

knew i should've gone with my gut and said Mountain Dew Game Fuel

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

McSpanky posted:

Wow, Aquaman looks like a total chode this time around. Hope there's a sweet Jason Momoa skin available down the line.

pretty sure that's just a generic atlantean, like how there are generic criminals and generic gorillas

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

dr fate looks cool but man that's an underwhelming super

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

fadam posted:

MvC rules because some of the stuff the heroes do is completely out of character (why is Magneto so fast??) but it doesn't matter because it feels awesome to watch and play. The game is bright and colorful, everyone can zip around the screen with super jumps and air dashes, everyone has custom voice lines for each other, and the specials/supers are all very flashy. The characters in MvC feel like superheroes, the characters in IJ feel like MK characters, and as a life long DC fan that is a real bummer. Superman deserves better.

nrs is a good fit for modern cape comics and i don't mean that as a compliment for either side

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Technowolf posted:

Isn't this the same comic where Superboy Prime punches reality until it shatters?

that's the reference being made yes

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Gavok posted:

If Joker's in the game, I hope they never explain it. Have people wonder about it, throw out some theories and some hints, but never give a concrete idea of how he's there.

turns out injustice 1 joker was actually jerome or whoever the hell that was on gotham

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

the rights would probably be a nightmare to manage given the companies involved but a power ranger would be a rad guest character

if they made it tommy there'd be like half a dozen different outfits to make into gear visuals

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

The implication was that The Butcher was created by Abel's murder IIRC.

is vandal savage still abel after all those reboots

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

AndyElusive posted:

Ya there more I read about him the more I like him. If Batman can have his entire rogues gallery show up, GL can have a few of his join in too.

injustice 3 should just be nrs' take on a lantern war where everyone in dc gets a ring, give every character 3 different ring choices that operate like mkx variations or grooves

black lantern and white lantern shenanigans would even give them an excuse to bring back characters who died in ij1 or the comic

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Wanderer posted:

I think I'd have been happier if Raiden had been a skin for Black Lightning, especially with how bad Raiden's outfit is.

raiden's outfit being bad is why it's good he's the main, it means you can hopefully cobble up something better from gear drops

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

hey so premium skins can't drop from boxes, right? thinking about dropping my first 6k crystals on bizzaro

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

I haven't checked if any of my poo poo got erased or not, haven't booted up the game in last 2 weeks but the system did autodownload both patches.

fwiw it looked like my gear got deleted with the last patch but I hosed with another page for a minute (the motherbox tab i think)then went back and everything was there

so don't immediately freak if your stuff looks gone

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

lightning cage is an alt ability, lame

e: he's got gear that changes the color of his lightning effects, that's cute

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Senerio posted:

So besides Pennywise, who are gonna be the movie characters in the game?

jason momoa

no not an aquaman alt, i mean actual jason momoa

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Babe Magnet posted:

looking forward to the pack 3 guest character Talion & Celebrimbor

would unironically rule

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Kelp Plankton posted:

The YouTube video description is really explicit about this pack containing 3 characters, the TMNT are all one character. I'm sure you'll swap between them as the character trait, gating 3 entire movesets behind gear would make no sense. Plus conceptually the hook here is clearly that they fight as a team

i'm not all that into the turtles as a franchise but drat if that doesn't sound like a real interesting character to play as

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

hup posted:

I hate that this game references Countdown multiple times, because it is arguably the worst DC publication ever

what references are there? my mind thankfully remembers next to nothing about countdown

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i knew we wouldn't get full on cartoon starfire but it would've been nice to at least get a starfire that was more fun to play

bigger disappointment than getting two mk characters imo

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i bounced off her pretty fast once i got her to 20

admittedly she was the first character i tried out so maybe i'd like her more now that i'm more comfortable with the game

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

yeah the most i see happening is some more premium skins

please do more premium skins ed

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

PureRok posted:

I'm just not into counter characters, and it looked like quite a few of her moves were based around countering. I'm too bad at reading my opponents to play them.

since those trailers usually show off the gear moves too it's possible some of those were variations on the one counter move she has by default

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Coolness Averted posted:

Are any of the goon guilds active enough to kick folks so new player can get in (on ps4)?
Also what are some good characters to try for someone who hasn't been into fighters for over a decade, and clearly now has old man reflexes? Hellboy has worked for me pretty well so far, and so has Ollie and oddly enough Black Canary.
I mean seriously, I used to be great at KoF games, and now I can barely finish the tutorials for how to combo.

don't feel too bad about this; netherrealm games can be kinda hard to adjust to at first if you're used to other fighting games, especially when it comes to combo timing

• Locked thread