Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

MinibarMatchman posted:

Azrael would be a neat addition as DLC but I feel that we area already at critical mass in terms of Batman characters

He'd be a fine "premium costume" if that was the concern. Honestly, I just want to be able to play as Azrael in any capacity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

The Fool posted:

Shouldn't his ring be glowing, not the finger next to his ring?

Oh my god, that's loving great. Good catch.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

Evil Canadian posted:

Catwoman: some sort of cat pun
Swamp thing: I am from the swamp what are you talking about
Catwoman: This kitten has claws!

I am going to be genuinely disappointed now if Swamp Thing doesn't say "I am from the swamp what are you talking about" in one of the clash dialogues now. I sincerely want him to have a character that he interacts with in nothing but confused and concerned tones.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

MinibarMatchman posted:

if that's a premier skin I hope they poo poo on Rocksteady even more by having voicelines say "it's obviously you Jason you're not fooling anyone"

I genuinely enjoyed the hell out of Arkham Knight, and I'd still love for this to happen. I haven't met a single person who didn't call that reveal.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

MinibarMatchman posted:

Random character select icon should just be Clayface, and then he transforms into a random character.

This is too good of an idea to ever actually happen.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

Yardbomb posted:

Would legit love something this dumb and out of nothing, though even better if it was Boreale or Diomedes or one of the others with real thick speech issues.

STEADY YOURSELF BRUTHAS, YOU HAVE CAPTAIN DIOMEDES.

He's a Chaplain now. Time has also been much less kind to him than Gabriel. Diomedes has a straight up skull-head now.

Which would work perfectly.

Reminder that Raiden was in an Unreal.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

Part of the reason I was bummed when I saw Cyborg was back with the Regime was having him on the "bad dudes" means he's even less likely to be the outgoing guy I recognize him as. I want to see Cyborg be a smartass with a heart of gold, not a cold, calculating rear end in a top hat.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

Applying to PS4 crews as Sdewts.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

whomupclicklike posted:

Hot take: Harley is the most fun character to play as

She could cancel from nearly anything I tried into just about anything I wanted during the brief time they give you to use her in Story. I definitely want to spend more time with her.

Got a message last night saying I had hit my guild point cap for the day. Neat.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

Yo Goon Lanterns,

We got 30 some hours to run kind of a lot of guild multiverse poo poo. I believe in you.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I've done most of the guild multiverse missions multiple times and never encountered any of the bullshit you guys are mentioning. Which probably means that when I do encounter it, it'll be an unending onslaught of bullshit.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

HebrewMagic posted:

The other day I came into my guild and the banner was changed entirely. Is that something promoted members can do?

Are you in Goon Lantern Corps? I changed the background from a blue circle to a green ribbon a few days ago. Symmetry and poo poo.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

Fenn the Fool! posted:

Do you actually want to play against the lovely input-reading AI?

Yes.

One of the fastest ways I improve is when I'm forced to adapt. I've learned what buttons to press when I want to get a supermove to land consistently (Square Square Triangle works pretty well with Batman and Doctor Fate). I have begun to notice when I fall into the same old poo poo, and have spent the time in training mode memorizing alternative combos that I can use when I need to start mixing things up. If the AI is ever able to shut me down, I have a response that gets me back in there.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

Jmcrofts posted:

Bane is good.

I think swamp thing and captain cold are bad. Scarecrow seems bad but looks like people have been finding some strong tech with his trait in the last few days.

Swamp Thing gets hosed over with his trait imo. It's an alright idea (Prevent the enemy from jumping or dashing) but you summon it wherever you are already standing. You'd have to be really lucky with throws to get that work out for you.

I got an ability for him that changes it to be a teleport that goes underground, and I don't think I'll ever unequip it.

Other than that, he seems pretty decent. His combos are a lot of 2s and 3s rather than 1s and 2s, which is jarring coming from Batman. I've yet to figure out a great way to combo into his Supermove, either, which is unfortunate.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

nunsexmonkrock posted:

What is it with batman players that think they can win with only using the same move? They don't win against me, seriously it was like 5 batman's in a row.

Because we're dumb, and it works more often than it doesn't.

My new favorite BnB has become 123, b23. It's the punch and juggle, then keeps them airborne with the batarang uppercut, and finally you put down an explosive and hit them low with it. I imagine you can do 132, 223, db1 as well, but I haven't tried yet.

Sdoots fucked around with this message at 20:15 on May 26, 2017

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

!Klams posted:

I'm really struggling to find a main. Doctor fate is my fave character, but I'm not very inspired by his move set, in that he seems to purely be a zoner. Anyone got any videos of him (or Darkseid) that would make me excited to play him?

20 Fate here.

I forget the notation, but on ps4 I like using these:

Triangle square square x
Square square x
Square square triangle

All of them are easy to remember and put the other player either in a juggle state or knocked back.

If you want another juggle, he has something that uses back-square, something I can't recall rn, and a branch between either down x or up x. Both give different results. I haven't used Fate in a few days so I cannot recall which, but one does a teleport from above straight down kick, and the other launches for juggle.

It's important to get comfortable using the behind version of the healing spell. I rarely find myself wanting to push forward while in a situation where gaining health is a goal, for obvious reasons. At the same time, don't fall into the habit of only casting it behind. You want to be able to adapt, and the traited version is going to do more for you in front than behind.

Already summoned Ankhs will alter when you activate the trait. This is the only spell you can alter miduse. You cannot pop a healing bubble and then trait it to a damage when the enemy is in it.

Traited fireballs hurt a whole loving lot.

Traited slower orb things hurt a whole loving lot.

Basically, you are going to be annoying at distance untraited. Traited, you become a huge rear end in a top hat.

I like to use the abilities that make the bubbles "pop" for instant application of heal/damage rather than DoT, and the one that grants all three ankhs with one summon but sacrifices the big one if all three hit.

Sorry for the lack of details, I will try to remember to edit this later after jumping on in a few.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I played as Swamp Thing for 5 hours straight so I could finish that multiverse before it expired. It gave me Wonder Woman as the last fight.

I would like to apologize for my comment about being okay with bullshit AI.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

Sefal posted:

Played someone online who's name was MirrorMatch. We then proceeded to have mirror matches.

This is maybe my favorite post in the thread.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

Goon Lantern report!

Sorry for not being on in a while. I'll hop on this evening and max out my guild contribution to make up for it, y'all. Been busy with other games and real life stuff.

I've been trying out Bane lately, and he's pretty rad. If you guys haven't already, try using characters that you maybe aren't too keen on. I've been surprised at who I find myself liking.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I hope they do a multiverse event where you can play as him like they did with Darkseid

They did this for MKX. Every time a DLC character came out, a new Living Tower came out with them that had 9 fights, 3 with each variant. It was a really great way to let people try out the fighters.

Naturally, we don't have variants this time around, but I imagine they'll give us around 5 or 6 fights at least.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

Yeah, I was running Guild Multiverse all the drat time (Goon Lanterns) but for the past few weeks it's just been absolute poo poo. Two bosses, one is Deadshot, high clear count requirements across the board, it's like they want people to drop off this.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Honestly Guild Multiverses have been steaming piles of poo poo 90% of the time since release, I don't know why I keep going back in to do them

I said it earlier in the thread, but it really does feel like they actively want people to stop playing.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I main Sub in every MK I play and this honestly just makes me wish he had these moves in MKX. Goddamn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

fadam posted:

Check this out: It'd be even better if they didn't break the game and were available in good modes and didn't require a ton of RNG to acquire.

The Variant system in MKX was cool because it let them do this kind of thing without making any of it illegal in tournament settings, imo

• Locked thread