Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
So I'm stuck in Amazon limbo too. Hopefully getting my poo poo tomorrow, but I have to know. Is Sinestro one of GL's premium skins?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Any cool Xbone Guilds I can join?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

So do I still need source crystals to unlock premier skins like Reverse Flash even if I bought the Ultimate Edition? Amazon only sent me a download code for Darkseid.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

DLC Inc posted:

you should have gotten a code inside the box that unlocks the DLC/Skins

yeah I think we already even took down the boss, Goon Lantern group is def focused on Multiverse stuff right now

UGH! I'm a big loving dumbass...!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

HebrewMagic posted:

Check the op friend! Goonrilla Grodd is always open.

Done! User name is Seantimus Prime!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

HebrewMagic posted:

Just had to Wade through a heap of applications to Goonrilla Grodd, make sure you're using the proper nomenclature to alert me to goonhood

Is "Sup goons?!?!?!" the proper nomenclature? I might have been high on ambien last night when I was playing.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

I really enjoy using my Jay Garrick premier skin. :D

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Empress Brosephine posted:

Does anyone actually use more than one loadout

Only reason I do is for the premier skins. I have three Flash loadouts: Barry, Thawne, and Jay. :)

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Kalli posted:

I got a hammer and sickle Superman emblem so I doubt i'll be taking that off ever.

I'm so loving jealous.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

I've been super busy with work and family stuff so I haven't been on in a few days. When are the first DLC characters supposed to hit? I'm stoked if I get to play as the Atom!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Definitely not me. Reverse Flash forever!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Guild Multiverse Boss Deadshot can gently caress off. Just spams his bullet shot over and over. I can't close in on him.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

This game is such bullshit sometimes. Whoever thought of putting in modifiers like the laser blast with those stupid "Land 8 light attacks" objectives can get hosed.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Okay they seriously have made these Multiverse bosses too hard. Not only am I against a hard rear end Dr. Fate but he just happens to get Temp Armor. How is that even fair? I can't even get the armor off before he smashes half of my first bar.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Grem posted:

Run away and use the assists?

I tried that. He just comes wading through everything and unloads on me. Finally beat him, but that world was loving bullshit.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Space Fish posted:

So uh, how did you beat him? Cause now I'm stuck on this BS boss fight and keep getting stuck.
The trouble with Fate isn't that he's simply high level, but his stats are ridiculous. His finger-point ping alone does significant damage on block, to say nothing of if I get caught off guard in the four-hit version. There are ways through fireballs, but then he has the temp armor that lets him counter whatever you do up close. The assists would be helpful to chip away at that armor, except Constantine's circle and Brainiac's charge tend to not hit Fate at all. Also, both Brainiac assist inputs are unreliable, he doesn't come out fast enough nor do enough damage.

As it is, my best 3 characters and strategies are:
Green Lantern - trade projectiles, can do combos up close, interrupt with command grab
Wonder Woman - shield projectile (not far/fast enough to trade though), good combos, Hestia trait makes for good lasso combosHe'
Supergirl - eye beams trade well, traveling uppercut interrupts well and helps close distance on Fate, just can't get enough damage in

I'm losing my first health bar just breaking the temp armor each match while Dr. Fucko chips me into oblivion. What'd you do?

Edit: I should add that my characters are all in the upper teen levels. Typing this while watching AI Wonder Woman whup Fate's rear end compared to my play level. She's coordinating the assists and punishing everything really well. Booyah!

I got extremely lucky. When the match starts, I immediately back up to avoid him charging in and whupping my rear end. I'll use Constantine's move to hit him and then immediately Brainiac's if he tries to move in. He'd get me with about 5 hits and then I used Flash's fists of fury to knock out the Temp Armor. After that, I was constantly moving and jump kicking him, followed by a couple of medium hits and Lightning Charge. He just wouldn't block my jump kicks. It was still a close call.

Edit: I'll add to this by saying that I am very, very, VERY mediocre when it comes to fighting games. But I still think this is the best one ever and I love it.

pubic works project fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jun 11, 2017

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Okay I tried using the AI loadouts and I absolutely love them. I'll be using them more and more while I read.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Funky Valentine posted:

"Correct gear" = "most awesome-looking gear"

In Batman's case that's undeniably the Animated Series helmet he gets.

After playing with such cool skins as Reverse Flash and Jay Garrick, I wish every character had one classic skin that wasn't affected by gear. Some of the head gear I get for the Flash looks really stupid.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

"I WILL BREEEEEAAAAKKKKKK HIM!!!!!"

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

DLC Inc posted:

Red Hood is downloadable for ultimate edition/fighter pack people through the PS Store. You have to go through the Injustice 2 page and navigate to the "add-ons" field, you'll see Red Hood there as a Free download. Stupid but that's how it was in MKX too.

Red Hood seems pretty balanced, very fun for a "guns and knives" guy. Wish he was the primary guns guy over Deadshot, who is not only unimaginative but also unfun as gently caress to play as or against. Jason's gunplay at least centers around stuff with recovery so he can't really spam gunshots, but stll has a great escape and a fun if not unsafe rekka stance.

Is he just available to Ultimate Edition PS owners currently? Or can XBone owners get him too?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

The Fool posted:

NRS said last week that xbone won't be getting any updates due to lack of players.

:saddowns:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

DLC Inc posted:

come to think of it, it is kind of overkill that we have two Robins in the game and they're both psychopaths. We would have been better off giving the lion's share of Jason's moveset to Deadshot, which balances him and makes him more fun, while also freeing up a space for the real best Jason: Jason Blood, aka Etrigan.

I'm holding out hope that Etrigan will get released in a DLC pack.

Has NRS said that's it on DLC characters after all the 9 get released?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

ConfusedUs posted:

It's gonna be Scorpion

Noob Saibot imo

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Okay so I had no problems getting Red Hood yesterday and the DLC silhouettes were visible. Now today Red Hood and the silhouettes are gone. However, I went into Red Hood's Multiverse event and was able to play as him when I used the random selection option. What should I do to fix this?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

I'm really bored at work and I didn't get to play that much last night. So I've been thinking about the game at work today and trying to think of the characters I'd love to see the most after these three DLC packs are released. That is, if NRS does more. Here's my list:

Etrigan
Booster Gold
Ted Kord (Blue Beetle premier skin)
John Constantine (Felix Faust premier skin)
Martian Manhunter
Hawkman
Captain Marvel (Black Adam premier skin)
Red Tornado
Sinestro (Green Lantern premier skin)
Deathstroke
Bizarro (an actual Superman premier skin, not just a costume color change)
Doctor Light (with female Dr. Light and The Ray premier skins)
Mongul (with a Solomon Grundy premier skin)

Like if they plan on waiting another 4 years to do IJ3 if they even do it, I just want as many DLC characters as possible. Blow this motherfucker up!

Also I was thinking of plots for IJ3. They could just change directions and make it the Justice League of Earth-Prime vs. the Crime Syndicate. I think they'd be fun as hell.

Okay, enough of my ramblings.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Carebearz posted:

I don't think we need Sinestro, just make it to where Hal Jordan's different corp shaders changed his emblem

Yeah he'd be at the tail end of my wish list since he was in the first game, but my list was just a train of thought typed out.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Kurtofan posted:

got the bundle, but still can't download red hood?

One Xbone you actually have to install it in the store. If he doesn't show up, you'll have to do the trick listed above or on the last page.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Soonmot posted:

Bring in the d listers. I want king shark, condiment king, detective chimp.

King Shark would be cool. I want a Monsieur Mallah premier skin for Grodd.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

If Batman's super didn't involve the Batplane, Catman would be an awesome skin for him.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Oh poo poo I just realized they got the same voice actor as John Stewart in JLU for his premier skin!!!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

codenameFANGIO posted:

Aquaman is actually really good and I don't know why because he's fuckin Aquaman.

Excuse me sir, but Aquaman is a drat king, has a trident and is really cool.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

It's been a decades-long running joke that Aquaman sucks and pretty much everyone acknowledges it, except in Injustice 2 he's inexplicably good and a top tier pick.

He's been great in the 90s with the Peter David run. The water hand series was bad, but I've loved the New 52 and current run.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

fadam posted:

The biggest bummer about SZ and Raiden is that there are plenty of Ice and Lightning themed comicbook characters that would have been way cooler to have in the game.

Amen, brother.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

DLC Inc posted:

Judge Dredd probably is a no-go do to rights/too many loving gunboys in the game but Hellboy is probably the coolest guest comic character they could do outside of some kind of Watchmen cameo (hopefully Nite Owl because I do not need Rorschach in this game)

They could do a Nite Owl premier skin for Batman. Either that or Owl Man (which I totally want to happen)

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

DLC Inc posted:

Owl Man is definitely up there with Shazam, Bizarro/Hank Hemshaw, and possibly Grundy (Bane?) for best premier skins to add. I have no idea if there will even be more premier skins going forward, though.

Definitely feelin' you on the Captain Marvel and Bizarro premier skins. I'd also love a Ted Kord Blue Beetle premier skin.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Funky Valentine posted:

I will take the lovely Wonder Twin to fulfill the niche of "ice person".

How about Icicle II instead?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

I would have liked Fire and Ice personally.

Hell, Fire was even in that awful Powerless show

Ooooo I forgot about those two!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Let me tell you. There's nothing quite like sitting back and reading, while your AIs do work in The Multiverse.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Yeah I hate the new AI XP rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Okay I can get over the AI grinding, but it's bullshit that I'm punished for having a level 11 Batman and not getting regular XP when I need to fight level 5s.

• Locked thread