Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Is that Martian Manhunter bottom left as well? Maaaaaan, John Constantine would be amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Like, how is swamp thing not utter poo poo? Sorry, that's really hyperbolic, what I mean is, 'on paper' what's his bag? It seems to me like he's slow and cumbersome, and normally in a Solomon Grundy / Zangief type that is made up for with strong command grabs, but with swamp thing he has one grab that's like, mediocre and has insanely sorry reach and no way to get in, and another grab that I've ever yet to see land, what's the deal with the vine grab? His special talent just seems like whatever it does (I cannot tell at all from the tool tips) could literally be "the opponent loses if they walk on it" and it would be weak?

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
I'm really struggling to find a main. Doctor fate is my fave character, but I'm not very inspired by his move set, in that he seems to purely be a zoner. Anyone got any videos of him (or Darkseid) that would make me excited to play him?

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
I want them to add Chemo, and his super is just him saying "oop" and exploding the planet

!Klams fucked around with this message at 17:19 on May 29, 2017

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

!Klams posted:

I want them to add Chemo, and his super is just him saying "oop" and exploding the planet

Actually I change my vote to "Egg Fu". DC's answer to M.O.D.O.K.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Just joined the dark empire, left stairs related comment! Now what do I do to help out goonbudz?

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

WarEternal posted:

As a person who's decent at the game, this is still something that's annoying to me. The majority of specials all have different timings in which you have to actually burn meter

It feels like there's a TON of stuff in this game that you just have to learn, I'm not sure if it's to add depth for the sake of it or what, but like, not all stages have transitions and there's no way to know. There are two ways people interact and it's not always obvious which it will be. SOME interactions can be meter burned for armor, but who knows which.

It's like there's a whole ton of trial and error put in because... Reasons? I actually quite like it, but I mostly play single player.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Empress Brosephine posted:

Is it me or is Scarecrow also hitting comically weak

Is his character ability that good that it needs you to rev it up for that long? I assumed it would be either auto damage or big damage, but it doesn't really seem to be all that special? What am I missing about it?

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
So as doctor fate in single player, black adam backs me into the corner. If I hold away, he tries to attack me, but there is literally nothing I can do that punished him? Anything I do, he will block and get a combo off on me, even though to me it looks like I should be able to punish him as he's just whiffed something? Even throws, he techs and then immediately combos me, even though I'm holding away? Is doctor fate just that slow that even my 1 is beaten by any special move or button that black adam has? Even if the computer is reading my inputs, how is it retrospectively giving itself armor?

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

DLC Inc posted:

usually the Ankh Blast is enough to give you breathing room, or the combo that puts Fate from the top of the screen down to stomp his head

Sorry, my question isn't how do I win, it's do I really have zero neutral footsies game here?

As in, it seems I have literally nothing that gets a hit in first against black adam just doing a combo at the first opportunity? Is that just the multiverse cheating, or is it really that bad?

Also, what's the deal with the doctor fate combo where instead of stomping from above he puts some harmless blue sigils around?

!Klams fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jun 4, 2017

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Norns posted:

I just spam omega beams and punish jumpins

my man!

I keep thinking Darkseids stomp is a throw, and getting punished accordingly. I have no idea why.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Funky Valentine posted:

Uh.

...who's up for the Atom?

I saw that, and immediately went and spent a million pounds on the season pass. I am all loving kinds of up for that.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
So what's the deal with this guild superman boss, how do we fight it together? I'm on for the next couple of hours, but I never see any other guild people doing stuff, I think maybe because I'm uk?

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
loving hell, I'm fighting against a wonder woman boss with armor, and she just keeps whipping. It seems to be an in techable throw for her that makes me literally teleport away from where I am on the screen to instead be in its path? I've been hit by it numerous times while in mid air above/ behind her?! This is super loving obnoxious.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Sadly I think both Boston Brand and Martian manhunter seem like better fits to that image than Constantine. Even Red tornado would fit better. One on the left looks a lot like either doctor midnite or hour man?!

Although thinking about it, putting hourman in a fighting game would be really hard, and really boring? Like he'd have to have a scarecrow type intro where he takes the miraclo but then what's his character ppeer? He sees an hour into the future where you've gone out to the shops?

!Klams fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Jun 6, 2017

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

I've been maining Grodd myself. I like him a lot but he has trouble getting in range against zoners with ranged attacks with multiple hits like Deadshot.

Can't you just do the armored trample run thing? I've only used him in the tutorial, but it specifically show cases using that against multiple ranged attacks?

Things I've found with Darkseid: you can cancel j3 immediately into stomp. 22, 1232 is pretty cool. Anyone got any more sauce?

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Hmm, 29 silver boxes, one epic. Then one epic in a diamond box. Sake.

Oh wow, then sold most of the stuff I opened to buy two gold boxes, both one rare each. Certainly feels like loot drops are lower now.

!Klams fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Jun 6, 2017

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Seriously feels like there's some kind of cap on epics because at first I was getting them all over, and now it's super loving exciting to see one because they're so rare! I'm unemployed at the moment and basically haven't done anything else since I last posted.

Also! Did a guild fight against joker, that was really fun! I suck though, some dude with super girl totally schooled me, it was great!

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Am I right in thinking that the computer 'cheats'? Like I know people have said it input reads, but, is it actually doing stuff like, "if user pushes square, do one of these things that beat it, if they push triangle, do one of these things that beat it instead" etc etc, such that sometimes it's literally impossible?

It's kind of annoying if it is, and it feels like it is.

Also, where would I look for a good doctor fate guide? I'm kind of ok with him, but still don't reeeaally know when to use which combo and barely know any combos beyond the target ones.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

exquisite tea posted:

I find that you can usually open up the AI by just spamming your fastest attack over and over. Eventually something will break in their logic and they'll take a hit trying to do something else besides sit there and block.

...? If I spam light, you can guarantee if it's blocked that you're going to eat a lengthy combo, and as far as my testing goes there is literally no way to stop it? It's actually that black and white, get blocked = eat combo, that's what I'm asking about really? Maybe it's because doctor fate has a target combo that's like 112, so it has a bigger... Frames... More negative on block...? Are these words?

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

exquisite tea posted:

I joined Dark Empire last week but it seems like I'm like one of two people actually doing the towers, haha.

Oh, haha, I think I'm the other person, and I'm doing them super sporadically.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
So like, I'm unemployed and haven't really done much else since this game came out but multiverse, and like, I haven't even managed to get a full epics on my main yet. The idea of getting a full set with set bonuses just seems so hopelessly ridiculous that its actually made stop playing the game, like it's taking the piss out of me for playing.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

They seem to be running events regularly that give a full epic set for a character. I've gotten full sets for Wonder Woman, Poison Ivy, and Atrocitus that way and Supergirl is up right now.

I've seen 2 Wonderwoman and 3 Supergirl ones, Atrocitus and Poison Ivy, but nothing yet for Dr. F. I never sold any epics, I'm nowhere near a set for anyone.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

McCloud posted:

Ugh.

I paid for a DC game and I expect DC characters, damnit!

I actually feel this. If you're going to have a cameo character, I feel like it shouldn't be part of the official release roster.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Been playing since day one, never had an epic belt drop for doctor fate in all my games. Today, finally, was a doctor fate world, with a guaranteed epic belt, and some other doctor fate epics! Finally! ...3 of the same belt. You wait hours for a bus...

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
I must say, I'm not really a fan of this whole "character added to the game and visible in character customization screen but not playable and no info on release date" thing.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

I don't really stay up to date on game developments, I just sometimes read this thread, so the only indication I get of new characters is from in the game itself.

Having a pop-up say "Red hood is here!" And having his model load in the customize character screen, but not have him release was sort of annoying, because for a bit I thought my game was broken, not letting me play him, but actually he just want actually "here" yet. At some point, he WAS here, but my game was broken, and I couldn't choose him. Only there was no way to tell (except reading about it here) that either of these situations was the case.

The other day sub zero appeared on my customize character screen, hence my post. He disappeared again though, so I thought I'd better check this thread to see if that meant he had been released and my game broke again. Thanks for the update!

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
I had a meaningfull interaction between sub zero and captain cold, but it wasn't especially memorable.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
When they put in black manta, are they going to change the atlantis scene transition? I bet they loving don't, and you have black manta hitting black manta out into the sea where he is attacked by black manta.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
I really like this game, I really do, but, I don't really feel like I'm playing any more, but like I'm just going through the motions? I guess its because I don't play it competitively so I'll never actually progress. Starfire came out, and within a couple of hours I've done everything with her that I'm ever going to do. I guess I have to stop doing multiverse and start playing against real hombre's.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Isn't cyrax coming at some point? Or did he just post a clip of cyrax for shits?

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Holy loving YES!!!! gently caress me, that's insane! HAHA, wow, I thought I gave no fucks, but an Anung un Rama reveal is loving hype

His super move had better be some cataclysmic cosmic horror shitshow and not just him hitting them.

!Klams fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Aug 23, 2017

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Norns posted:

Why do people hate Raiden?

It's just that, if you want to play as Raiden, I can think of five games off the top of my head where you can do that, but none where you can play as Sand?

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
We had that Cyrax teaser a while back, he's actually my fave MK character, but I'd still rather have a DC character I don't like.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Aphrodite posted:

Mike Mignola didn't like Del Toro's movies anyway.

The Del Toro movies are very much 'not Hellboy'. Like, a whole thing in the comics I really like is that he goes to some remote countryside cottage in Scotland and knocks on the door and they're like "Oh you must be detective Hellboy, please come in, my babies being weird". And not "OH MY GOD YOU ARE DIFFERENT". It's never really addressed at all that any of the BPRD are different from society, and the comic is much the better for it. The X-Men already did the whole social commentary thing, and the 'outsiders who are persecuted despite trying to save us even though they look different' just isn't interesting to me at all. At all. And it seems like such a small thing, but it completely changes the entire tone of the thing such that its not the same.

It's like if in Lord of The Rings they had guns instead of bows and arrows. Like, the story is the same, and they perform the same function, but it just isn't the same world.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
I feel ashamed that I only just noticed that in the Hellboy reveal he emerges from darkness. Like how he is in every single panel of the comic.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammeeee. That is a severe disappointment. I wouldn't have known that was supposed to by Cyrax.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

DatonKallandor posted:

The square cage? Yeah that thing screams gear move.

It looked to me like it might be a meter burn version of the one Raiden does that spans left to right?

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
poo poo for a minute there I thought they'd done a double reveal and it was Hourman in the clash. I've always thought he would be absolutely impossible to put in a fighting game because like, what, he takes a Miraclo pill at the start of the fight, and then, I guess he's just kind of fast, strong and tough... and that's it. His movelist is basically the same as Batman, minus the gadgets. Oh I guess he can get a glimpse into the future, an hour from now. Like LONG after the fight has ended, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Haven't really played since starfire came out, when's Hellboy?

• Locked thread