Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

MinibarMatchman posted:

That kind of makes sense but after Swamp Thing do we really need 2 tall naked slime monster things. Would be a waste considering what a bang-up job his design was like in Arkham Knight.

Was Scarecrow ever good in a straight up fight? I think he only has fear gas going for him. Doesn't even have "shoots gud" abilities that seem standard to most batman villains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I am not sure if the world is ready for Sexy Scarecrow.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Walked right into that one.

AndyElusive posted:

Giants are so scary, you guys.

I would think that Swolecrow would be appropriate for a raging demon tribute.

Like, spray fear gas, fade to black, UNSPEAKABLE SOUNDS OF VIOLENCE AND HORROR, Scarecrow reappears cackling over fallen opponent.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

MinibarMatchman posted:

am I going crazy or is the wrong loving character saying the last line? seems like plastic man should be saying the quote about twirling a mustache???

It is Plastic Man as Sinestro

EDIT: Look at the costume symbol too

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Holy poo poo, apparently someone in NRS agreed with me that Flash's super in the first game was terrible (You take the most memorable part of JLU and make it BORING!?), because the new one makes up for it and then some.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

AndyElusive posted:

You thought that The Flash going "Rrrrrrrrrrrrahhh!" Then running around the world and across water to land a speedster uppercut was terrible? It was mediocre at worst.

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. It was a terrible version of a much better scene.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=gIn9IaUUeco

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
The Injustice 2 comic is a very serious story. Here, Doctor Fate gets shot in the head, repeatedly.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Kelp Plankton posted:

Fred Flintstone for DLC actually

Unironically pulling for the new Mightor from Future Quest.

Also, Future Quest is good, ya'll

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Does Damian know that Superman sent Zsasz to kill Alfred? I would imagine t finding that out would cause him to come after Superman...

That would be loving awesome actually. Superman vs some who is Batman levels of capable but with the willingness to kill (i am ignoring Superman v Batman)

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Who is Rudy?

Also, this thread has weird nicknames for DC characters.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Oh right, I get it now. I thought it was a another bizarre nickname that some posters are giving to the characters (B-Money? Really?)

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I got my copy at a my local Street Date breaking store, (If you are in SoCal, and near Long Beach or LA, look up Gameplay), and it is pretty great so far. One thing I like (Forgive me if this was in the last game, I forget if it was) is that all the characters have tutorial challenges that take you through a few special moves and combo strings. It is not nearly as comprehensive as Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator tutorials, but they do help with where to start on a character, and they reward a silver loot box for each set.

Apparently, the box says that it has PS Pro Enhancements. I do not quite see them, but then, 4K gaming is kind of a snake oil right now (Take it from me, a sucker who fell for it).

On the other hand, it has HDR, which IS a great enhancement!

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

McSpanky posted:

I know right, I just want one exchange where he says it first so the other person can be like "what did you just say Mr. My Parents Are Deeeaaaaaad?"

If there is something like that, it would probably be Damien doing it. He is such a poo poo in every scene he is in to the point where it is hilarious.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I just completed the story mode.

Netherrealm, you absolute FUCKERS.

Fair warning about the final chapter, to those who want it (No story details, but some structure details): there are two alternate final chapters, and the one you don't choose is locked until you complete ALL the story mode fights, meaning the alternate fights in the double character chapters you did not do

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

fadam posted:

Just beat story mode:

Injustice Superman is a dick and I'm not a fan but lmao that last chapter where he takes the alpha and beats the poo poo out of everyone was very cathartic. I almost don't want to to the Batman ending because there's no way its anywhere near as good and probably ends with Superman back in cell or something lame like that.

Yeah, I will say that the Batman ending is kind boilerplate while the Superman ending is brilliant in how hosed up it is and provides a better setup if they ever make a third game.

Also, is it just me or is there a giant Damian sized hole in the story? It felt like Damian was supposed to be more important, judging from the intro flashbacks, and at least build up to a conclusion the story between him and Batman, but all he does is just 'Be a huge dick' and jobbing in the story fights.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Norns posted:

I just have an irrational hatred of his lovely character.

Poison Ivy dunks on him hard, so you have that to look forward to.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Kelp Plankton posted:

Do you gain character XP for Story Mode like in other modes and it just isn't showing it? Or no XP?

You do get character xp

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

FunkMonkey posted:

It only fleetingly comes up. The whole Arkham thing was significantly retconned.

Edit: Is there a lobby/exhibition system in this game? I haven't really done the online yet so I'm not knowledgeable.

I still do not get the entire point of that scene, other than characterizing Damian as That Teenager Who Thinks Batman is Lame Because "He Should Just Kill The Bad Guys, Man".

Which I guess works in a Superboy Prime way, but they don't do anything with him.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

sicarius posted:

Awesome. I hoped it worked that way, but was afraid that jumping might not count because... games sometimes make bad choices. Thanks!

EDIT: I think it's been asked before but I missed the answer : I'm not missing a way to open multiple boxes am I? I just have to sit here for 15 minutes holding/tapping X over and over.

At the very least, watch the Superman ending.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Just kinda? No she's a total douche in this universe. And this is coming from a giant Wonder Woman geek. I have posters a poo poo ton of comics - the whole box set of the WW tv series, a signed trade from Lynda Carter when I was in Chicago and saw her sing at Market Days, etc...

The thing about Injustice is that Superman's downfall is less from his decision to kill Joker and more a complete failure of his own support system. Batman is kind of a real crappy friend (And I wish this got a bit more play), and Wonder Woman is literally the devil on his shoulder enabling his worst impulses.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Am I the only one who is dissapointed that there is no Super Friends banter between WW and Darkseid, because all of his plots revolved around him trying to make her his bride.

I do not remember much of the Superfriends episodes where Darkseid was the main villain, except for this episode where Superman was thought to be dead. Of course he wasn't and it was a pretty good episode from what I remember, but it was a weirdly somber episode for that series.

Meridian posted:

What was Batman supposed to do, other than what he did? The whole point in Injustice 1 was that he couldn't be talked down. Proves true in 2 when after the immediate threat is over he does the same stuff all over again.

The problem is that Batman a paranoid jerk who is unable to do anything without at least 2 different contingency plans to get what he wants which get inevitably exposed and makes things worse, rather than just simply trusting his friends and hoping for the best.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 05:32 on May 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Today in "Why nerds need to get wedgies again"...

Much like Wonder Woman hurr hurr

• Locked thread