Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2-tiiZz6pk&t=146s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

how did you get this picture of me: lenore

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I still love the episode where Dale is paranoid about people stealing his mower, and he finds John Redcorn using it to slip into Nancy's bedroom. Even has the shotgun aimed at him, and then tells him to stop messing about on his mower, and get inside and heal his wife.

Redcorn's reply to Nancy: He's starting to take some of the fun out of this.

Though few episodes will ever be greater than the one with Dale's dad coming back into town. Dale is super suspicious because his dad is private, refers to a partner, says he has a horrible secret...HE MUST BE A GOVERNMENT SPY AGENT.

Nope, he's gay. And Dale has no problems with gay people, because John Redcorn is gay and he's known him for years!

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

how am I just realizing that Bill is voiced by Milton from office space

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

hawowanlawow posted:

How do you not know that Bill and Milton are both played by one of the all time great character actors Stephen Root?!

He's also Buck

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

The only way I can ever sing Taking Care of Business again will forever be like Bill

https://youtu.be/9bfv-oDVYi8

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Dale's dad, Bug

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

hawowanlawow posted:

Stephen Root does a ton of VA work for animated shows Once you start hearing it it's crazy in how many different series he shows up.

Fishstick fucked around with this message at 23:47 on May 25, 2020

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Fishstick posted:

Stephen Root does a ton of VA work for animated shows Once you start hearing it it's crazy in how many different series he shows up.

He seems to always play blustery southern folk, but it fits so well. He played the judge in Idiocracy, Judge Hector 'The Hangman' BMW.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

he's really good in boardwalk empire

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Stephen Root is one of the greatest American character actors ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhrnMbhMgmw

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm watching Justified for the first time and Stephen Root has a regular role as a judge.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
He's in Man in the High Castle too.

You can always hear the Bill in his voice in any role whenever his character starts panicking or whining.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

His judge is basically if Buck went into law rather than propane.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
He was the radio station owner in "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?" too - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZtgZ5fHOuU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'm watching Justified for the first time and Stephen Root has a regular role as a judge.

An rear end in a top hat judge

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

He also played a Klingon ship captain in the Reunification two-parter of Star Trek: TNG. You wouldn't recognize him unless you knew to look for him. Even after seeing his name in the credits, I wasn't sure if it was him or not.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

gently caress! I just watched that episode a couple weeks ago and had no idea.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

Extra Large Marge posted:

He was the radio station owner in "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?" too - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZtgZ5fHOuU
If Buck owned a radio station...

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Hes in literally everything which is set in the south or features a southern-accented minor character. If you write a 5 minute screenplay for a student film at Ole Miss Stephen Root will just materialize out of nowhere and start performing lines.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Bill's delivery of "I'm sooooo sorry Bobby" after the wishbone part loving slays me.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Stephen Root is one of the greatest American character actors ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhrnMbhMgmw

Jimmy James is my favorite sitcom character of all time the only one above Frasier Crane and that's saying a lot for me.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

stephen root also plays "immortan joe" in mad max

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Hes in literally everything which is set in the south or features a southern-accented minor character. If you write a 5 minute screenplay for a student film at Ole Miss Stephen Root will just materialize out of nowhere and start performing lines.
Stephen Root, Tim Blake Nelson, and John Goodman are the holy trinity.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Anyone can do the standard southern accents.Stephen Root is good because he can pull off the subtle southern accent along with a host of niche southern accents.

I'm pretty sure he was Little Gideon's dad in Gravity Falls.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

He plays a blind guy in Get Out, too!
And yeah, once I put together that he was Buck and Bill, I can’t stop noticing him in all the one-time/not main cast voices he does too.

E:

“Daikloktos” posted:

Dale's dad, Bug

:eyepop:

Bibliotechno Music fucked around with this message at 23:52 on May 26, 2020

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
And he's from Florida!

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Rewatched the “Bobby sees Luanne naked” episode, and I think this is one of our first glimpses at creepy Joseph before the voice actor change. I know kids going through puberty act like little psychos, but I kinda think Joseph grows up to be a Kevin Havens type or something.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Everyone needs to watch Barry. Stephen Root is in that, as Barry's friend or handler, however you want to call him, Fuches. He's so good in it. Everyone is great in that show.

Also,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBdl7NvsRh4

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I laugh at Tony Danza

Fun center! Fun center! FUN CENTEEEERRRR!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Usually the only people who talk to me are aging gay men who have lowered their standards.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Usually the only people who talk to me are aging gay men who have lowered their standards.

Unironically this.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

"This is Tony Danza; you have 8 minutes left."

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

When Hank walks into the kitchen and finds Laoma cleaning without explanation, the way he changes his stride and leans over to whisper to peggy is almost as good as AbeSimpson.gif.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That's exactly what Chuck wants you to do. First one to touch those machines will be electrocuted, and while the rest of you are staring at a charred and twisted Bill, Mangione will strike!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

This show really has the best guest celebrities, 2nd place is closer to 50th than them.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Alright, we're all stuck at home anyways. Let's do this,PYF guest stars:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4l4TVsADdo

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Tony Danza one is pretty great mostly because they got him just to record him saying:

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

God bless Brad Pitt for giving us this line

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
Love shookers? forget #6, you’re now serving nonsense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

We were married briefly in the '80s. Part of me still loves him.

Lisa Kudrow is phenomenal in this ep, I had no idea it was her until recently.