Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

PinheadSlim posted:

There were a lot of music episodes in the early seasons now that I think about it.

Hank goes to the guitar store so much the guy there knows him and his guitar

I feel like that isnt that he shops there so often that they know eachother well, just Arlen is a small town so Hank knows everyone who runs the places he goes to. Like how he knew all of the guys who also ended up working at the megalomart when their stores got run out of business

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

I'm goin' trout of business, Hank :(

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I need a gif of them singing into dales listening device to keep him awake.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

dolphinbomb posted:

"Nice weekend, Bill?"
"BOTH OF EM!"

This was the hardest I laughed out of the entire series. He's just so proud.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Are you kidding, I'm telling everybody energy

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

JustAnimeDubbed.TV

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I just watched the one where Hank wants Kahn to put up a privacy hedge, and the cold opening of Kahn stripping at Hank is probably the hardest I've laughed at this show.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

the episode titled "Transfascism" is not as bad as the title indicates. tho the central premise is iffy, the way it all plays out is pretty entertaining.
trans as in transfats, btw

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

Hey! It’s Todd!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Todd working as Meaglomart greeter

Bobby: "Hey Todd!

Todd: "I'm on break."

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Hihohe posted:

I need a gif of them singing into dales listening device to keep him awake.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

namlosh posted:

Hey! It’s Todd!

Look at that precious face

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

Another Bill posted:

Look at that precious face

And then 10 seconds later

“Todd… wh-what are you doing??”

So disappointed

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

PinheadSlim posted:

The basket episode in the later seasons really comes out of left field for me. I love that Hanks a natural at it and I love the depressed Vietnam vet basket-weaver, but Dales obsession with baskets is as quickly abandoned as it was conceived. Weird.

That episode taught me that underwater basket weaving was a real craft and not a joke about useless college courses. I had always pictured people gearing up in wetsuits.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Thank you so much

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

I miss Hank's being into music in the earlier seasons. It was a little detail that helped make him more relatable and less like a caricature of a mild autist.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

That made me think of a new season pitch: Hank gets a diagnosis of autism by a millennial doctor and refuses to believe it.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Drink-Mix Man posted:

That made me think of a new season pitch: Hank gets a diagnosis of autism by a millennial doctor and refuses to believe it.

That got'dang doctor I had to see because my usual guy wasn't in said I'm an autist Peggy *shudders* an autist.

Then his usual doctor would confirm it before the commercial break and he'd learn that it's okay. Not sure it would be a good episode but it would probably write itself and in character.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Bobby treats him very compassionately and is accepting, asking how best he can accommodate his dad, infuriating Hank further

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Code Jockey posted:

Bobby treats him very compassionately and is accepting, asking how best he can accommodate his dad, infuriating Hank further

"Dad, is there anything I can do to make our social interactions easier for you?"

"Got dangit, boy, stop asking!"

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

hank hill is an inductee to the propane hall of flame

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Mr. Fix It posted:

the episode titled "Transfascism" is not as bad as the title indicates. tho the central premise is iffy, the way it all plays out is pretty entertaining.
trans as in transfats, btw

Isn't this an American Dad episode

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
"You're Laotian, ain't you Mister Khan?"

I love that Cotton was the least, "all Asians are the same" of everyone upon meeting the Khans.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Isn't this an American Dad episode

They both did one. I wouldn't be surprised if other shows of the era also had a trans fats episode.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

I dread getting to know 202x hank

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
202X Hank was definitely one of the doofuses standing gingerly behind the velvet rope in a Capitol clearly overrun by terrorists.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Hank has too much blind respect for the system to have stormed the Capitol.

Maybe would have been there due to a comedic set of circumstances though.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Aka saving Bill from himself

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea the KotH episode in that is 100% 'Dale unironically goes to the rally, Bill probably tags along in uniform or something else stupid just to feel accepted, Hank gets mixed up in all of it trying to keep them from doing federal prison time'.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
also the b plot is Peggy getting super into baking the Q drops and having her complete nonsense get validated

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

It's nuts to think Hank Hill would be a hardcore Trumpster after a simple handshake made him lose faith in George Bush

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I picture another Harmoniholics but replace Dale's rant with something about Trump being a lizard person. Q being almost mainstream doesn't seem like a conspiracy he could be onboard for.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Maybe not Q stuff but I do see an episode where everyone in the neighborhood has to try to convince Dale to get the Covid vaccine. In the end what convinces him that he might be wrong is that the only person who agrees with him is Bill.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

sexpig by night posted:

yea the KotH episode in that is 100% 'Dale unironically goes to the rally, Bill probably tags along in uniform or something else stupid just to feel accepted, Hank gets mixed up in all of it trying to keep them from doing federal prison time'.

I can see Bill going because some woman he's dating is an insane Q person

Dale I think would consider Q people amateurs and idiots, I could see Redcorn getting sucked in maybe

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

It'd be Joseph.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Yeah if you can't imagine Joseph going through a cringy anonymous/4chan phase then what the hell can you imagine

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Bill would go balls deep into capitol riot because he feels like everyone is his friend

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
dale would be there to prove that Q is a reptilian plot to divide the country in preparation for their cyborg invasion

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

The way they kill Cotton is so silly. After all of the wars he's been through and losing his legs he ends up dying by grilling himself on a table at a benihana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I like to believe he would have survived if not to spite Peggy