Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«77 »
nut
Jul 30, 2019

I am going to do a write today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

take the moon
Feb 12, 2011

nut posted:

I am going to do a write today

gently caress yea

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Gonna start this lovely book I was supposed to have finished by next month

PiCroft
Jun 10, 2010

I'm sorry, did I break all your shit? I didn't know it was yours

General Battuta posted:

Gonna start this lovely book I was supposed to have finished by next month

take the moon posted:

also if if I ever punked anyone for not writing w/ the pathetic excuse of they have a job im sorry lol. I have not written a word each day I've worked. Lit. Get home and pass out

if anyone has any Advice on writing Fiction on days u just feel like sleeping off after work plz post up

I use an app for this just because I like to keep track of the time I spend and see for myself how much time I'm actually setting aside, but I give myself a goal of 1 hour per day. This is just me, but 1 hour actually sounds like it's too little and I feel guilty for it, but when I actually sit down and work for a solid hour with no distractions, I actually make progress. I also almost always find that when the hour is up, I'm usually in the zone and don't want to stop.

Find a slot of time ideal for you, wether it's morning or evening and give yourself a timeslot. It doesn't have to be an hour, it could be 10 minutes, but when that time hits, do it. If you can't think of anything or the words don't come, that's okay, because thinking of what to write and mulling over ideas counts as far as I'm concerned. As someone trying to write a murder mystery VN, thinking on the topic, coming up with ideas for twists, motives, red herrings etc. are all things that don't go on paper (unless I'm taking notes of promising ideas) but it still counts as working on it, in my eyes.

take the moon
Feb 12, 2011

e: deleted lol it wasnt that bad tho who cares

take the moon fucked around with this message at 14:41 on May 28, 2020

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.

Grimey Drawer

edit: deleted too

SimonChris fucked around with this message at 15:09 on May 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Blowout
Feb 13, 2006

rock
ice
storm
abyss

It makes no attempt to sound human. It is atoms and stars.

If you have a short story you're shopping around and want the chance to win a full critique from an extremely accomplished, widely-published, award-winning writer and editor, come see my post in the Thunderdome thread, where you could win it for a $10 donation.

«77 »