Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flynt
Dec 30, 2006
Triggerhappy and gunshy
This is the 6th and final season of Grimm! There are only 13 episodes this season and the season started January 6, 2017.

This rest of the intro is copied from last season's thread OP written by Stabbey_the_Clown. I've made some changes but I'll try to fix the links and update as time allows.

Grimm is a fantasy/horror police procedural, which has took the premise: “What if the classic fairy tales are based on real creatures living in human society” and expanded it into a fairly well-grounded mythology spanning centuries.

One day, Portland detective Nick Burkhardt (David Giuntoli) started seeing visions of humans changing into strange creatures. His (dying) aunt, Marie Kessler, told him that he is one of a long line of hunters known as “Grimms” who can see the true forms. Aunt Marie left Nick her trailer of weapons, equipment, and a library on many creatures, which Nick uses to solve Wesen-related crimes.

The Brothers Grimm were not just collectors of stories and folklore, but profilers of the Wesen (pronounced VES-sen), a variety of creatures that have been living and passing as humans. Many Wesen have extra abilities, such as super-human strength or resilience which can make them dangerous. Others are generally harmless, content to live ordinary lives among humans. Ordinary humans can’t see Wesen – unless the Wesen want to be seen.

Nick Burkhardt (David Giuntoli)

“Decapitare… I think I like that.”

Nick is the titular Grimm – a veteran detective, who awakened to his Grimm powers in the pilot episode. He’s struggled with balancing behaving as a normal cop with his ancestral reputation, which was more like decapitate first, ask questions later.

Hank Griffin (Russell Hornsby)

“Hearing the truth isn’t the problem. It’s seeing and not being able to explain that pushes you over the edge.”

Hank is Nick’s partner on the police force. He’s been married multiple times, and has a rather laid-back personality. He’s gotten pretty good at helping Nick with the Grimm side of things.

Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell)

“To take on a Lausenschlange and a Klaustreich at the same time? That takes some really large – well , figuratively in her case – cajones.”

Monroe (a Blutbad) was the first Wesen that Nick talked to after getting his powers, and provides Nick with help and assistance with various Weasen-related cases. They grew to be close friends. Through one of Nick’s cases, he met Rosalee, and they were married in the season 3 finale.

That proved to have a downside however, as the local Portland chapter of the Wesen KKK captured Monroe, planning to torture and execute him for his marriage outside his Wesen type. The gane all banded together to save him, but he still experienced some PTSD from the experience.

Capt. Sean Renard (Sasha Roiz)

“Well I am Royal, and I can be a bastard.”

Renard survived his shooting at the hands of a Verrat FBI agent thanks to the last-minute intervention of his Hexenbiest mother Elizabeth Lascelles (Louise Lombard). The technique she did saved his life, but because he had flatlined for a whole five seconds, that allowed the spirit of Jack the Ripper to possess him. Yes, really. It didn’t do much until near the end of the season, after which it killed a few Wesen prostitutes. Nick and company tricked the spirit into thinking Renard had died… again, and now Renard is himself again.

Sgt. Drew Wu (Reggie Lee)

“…and normally I’d make a joke about diapers, but frankly: not in the mood.”

Sergeant Drew Wu is a colleague of Nick and Hank, and typically serves as the officer-on-scene who tells Nick and Hank what they’re about to find. Wu is first on the scenes of often gruesome crimes, and he uses snark and sarcasm to describe them. He was finally brought into the loop in Season 4 and has become another solid member of the team.

Rosalee Calvert (Bree Turner)

“...we both hate this. And if you can’t build a relationship on hate…”

Rosalee is a Fuchsbau who runs a tea and spice shop, and acts as a Wesen apothecary. She was married to Monroe at the end of Season 3.

Adelind Schade (Claire Coffee)

“Figure [out how you can help me]. Because one day I’ll stop crying.”

UGGGHHH.

Adalind is a Hexenbiest lawyer. Well, the lawyer part hasn’t come up since about the third episode of Season 1.

Claire Coffee is apparently the producer’s most favoritest person ever, and so the goddamn show continues to make basically every single main plot thread revolve around her. She’s a good actor, granted, but the problem is that Adalind is so loving stupid it hurts.

Also, she’s a serial rapist. She bewitched and raped Hank in Season 1 to try and get leverage on Nick. That cost her her Hexenbiest powers, thus creating the plot tumors that infested Season 2.

In Season 2, the curse which she put onto Renard and Juliette started to drive Renard mad with lust for Juliette, and she used Renard’s altered state of mind to satiate her desire for him (Rape number 2.) That ended up creating a baby, which was the cause of the Season 3 AND Season 4 plot tumors.

In Season 3, her baby was the ping-pong ball which served as the focal point of several groups interested in finding it. In order to get it back from the Royals who she thought had the baby (they didn’t), they ordered her to get rid of Nick, which she did by surprise, surprise, raping him while disguised as Juliette.

That robbed Nick of his Grimm powers for a whopping 8 episodes or so, but also created the “Juliette becomes a Hexenbiest somehow” plot tumor, which resulted in Juliette going insane and then getting killed.

Teresa “Trubel” Rubel (Jacqueline Toboni)

“I like the queen [chess piece]. She saved my life once. … I jammed her into a Coyotal’s neck when he attacked. We were playing chess at the Mildord State Mental Hospital. They were not happy with me for that.”

Teresa Rubel (who goes by the nickname “Trubel”) is a young Grimm who had no one around to tell her that she was a Grimm. Ever since she started seeing Wesen, she thought she was going crazy. When Nick and Monroe discovered her in Portland, she was grateful to learn that she was not insane.

Nick took her under her wing and started teaching her about the Wesen world. Trubel is rash and reckless, but has good instincts, and recognizes when she’s made mistakes.

Bud Wurstner (Danny Bruno)

“I want to save those kids just as much as the rest of you. I’m just not exactly wishing that we might encounter the most hideous beast no one’s ever seen.”

Bud is an Appliance repairman. He’s a friend to Nick and Monroe, and occasionally helps them out with Nick’s cases.

Juliette Silverton (Bitsie Tulloch)

“[Our life] has been screwed up by what you are. I don’t think I can take it anymore.”

DEAD.

Okay, fine. As some kind of really stupid side-effect which happened from the ritual needed to restore Nick’s Grimm powers, Juliette transformed into a Hexenbiest because uh, - HEY LOOK OVER THERE! A BUTTERFLY!! But not just ANY Hexenbiest, but a super-ultra-powerful special snowflake Hexenbiest which is super awesome and could beat Adalind in a fight easily. She seemed to adapt okay at first despite the terrible shock.

But then when she revealed what happened to Nick, and he wasn’t willing to immediately kiss her corpse-face, she snapped and went all evil, going increasingly out of control. That culminated in conspiring with the royals to get Adalind’s first baby back from Nick’s mother. That resulted in Nick’s mother getting killed. Off-screen. She eventually came back to face Nick. Nick couldn’t bring himself to kill her, but Juliette attacked him anyway, and Trubel killed Juliette.

Links
NBC.com - Grimm
Wikipedia – Grimm
Grimm Wikipedia – List of Wesen
Grimm Wiki
Season 5 thread

flynt fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jan 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I raged quit this show at the beginning of season five. I glanced at the wiki and feel like I've made the right decision.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

So Juliette may not be dead, or that seemed to be something they were hinting at in the first couple episodes of this season with Eve acting not as :geno: as she normally is but they probably won't do anything with it. Why? Because now apparently Nick and Adalind are ~in love~.

Rape makes the world go round in this show. Also Trubel is gone...again so that sucks

Khorne
May 1, 2002
This season was doing so well and then we have a monster of the week episode. :(

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

at least it was an interesting monster, I liked the idea of a pre-cog as a wesen

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

Khorne posted:

This season was doing so well and then we have a monster of the week episode. :(

Agree wholeheartedly. Felt like a season 1 rejected script.
I was hoping they would embrace the final season and go balls to the wall crazy

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I enjoyed Renard taking a shot at getting his omnipotent daughter to just kill Nick for him, and just kind of shrugging it off when she didn't take the bait.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Well, that was an hour of pointless poo poo.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

tessiebee posted:

Anything to do with the popsicle stick has always been pointless poo poo because the writers don't know.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

tessiebee posted:

Come on, she bit his head clean off.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
you have like 9 episodes left.

why the hell are you stuck in procedurals again?

the b, c, and d plots are way more interesting and nicks feeling like he's in the way.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib

spookygonk posted:

Come on, she bit his head clean off.

Yes, killed by a larger lady who turned into a hippo wesen.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

shades of eternity posted:

the b, c, and d plots are way more interesting and nicks feeling like he's in the way.
The clear ending is wonder child puts all vessen and grimm in a snow globe and just smiles. It ties up everything!

flynt
Dec 30, 2006
Triggerhappy and gunshy

tessiebee posted:

Yes, killed by a larger lady who turned into a hippo wesen.

Yeahhh.....Having her be a hippo wessen was something. And how could the cicada wessen be a famous pioneer if he's only above ground one day every seven years?

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Khorne posted:

The clear ending is wonder child puts all vessen and grimm in a snow globe and just smiles. It ties up everything!

and it returns to Los Angeles with Angel saying to Wesley, and Cordellia saying. "I'm glad that's all wrapped up." :p

flynt
Dec 30, 2006
Triggerhappy and gunshy
Tonight's episode: Breakfast in Bed

Prairie Bus
Sep 22, 2006

Did the red guy at the end of tonight's episode make sense to anyone? I don't know if we've forgotten a wesen or if that was just more of the same anarchic nonsense as the head biting hippo.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Wow finally a SA thread to ride this train off the rails with!

This season will all be worth it if Adalind explodes, is set on fire, then explodes again otherwise it's a bust

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Prairie Bus posted:

Did the red guy at the end of tonight's episode make sense to anyone?

This guy?

Look what he was listed as in the end credits:

Prairie Bus
Sep 22, 2006

spookygonk posted:

This guy?

Look what he was listed as in the end credits:

That is perfect, thanks. I wasn't paying enough attention to his name. Grimm is so goddamn stupid, and the writers seem to have accepted that in all the best ways.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

yeah but accepting that means we have to keep enduring Adalind :smith:

Khorne
May 1, 2002
I kinda like Adalind. When she isn't being written to be hollow and vulnerable for some reason when she was kind of a badass at first?

Also, hank in the mirror in this last episode was the funniest thing this show has ever done probably.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Adalind is better this season but ultimately the situation that lead to her being here is so loving stupid and terrible most people can't let it go I think.

I mean she hosed Juliet over so.. loving.. hard. Raped her fiance, drove her mad, got her to murder Nick's mom and destroy his family heirlooms, get personality wiped.. and everyone just kind of forgave that. gently caress that.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Khorne posted:

Also, hank in the mirror in this last episode was the funniest thing this show has ever done probably.
That was glorious. He's such a natural.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
This was fun fluff. Pointless but enjoyable, and it gave Hank a chance to shine which I loved! But yeah, happy birthday Munroe, I'm just bringing along my ex evil rapist baby momma AND my ex evil murder spy ex vet girlfriend. It'll be fiiiiiiiine

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Hah, OK, the dream was a lot of fun. Munroe was hilarious. And Trubel flashbacks own bones.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Leshens are awesome and I've been hoping the show would do something with one or a similar creature for ages.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Capn Beeb posted:

Leshens are awesome and I've been hoping the show would do something with one or a similar creature for ages.

It's almost kind of sad nobody's watching this season. If I had to sum it up it'd be "Who knew all it'd take to make the show go back to being the kind of fun it used to be is getting canceled?"

They definitely feel like they're going out on their A game, because really everything they've done this season feels like it's really tonally consistent with earlier seasons and not the PURE loving poo poo that things devolved into for a while. Hell it probably wouldn't be the last season if it kept this up. I don't know if the deadline took pressure off people or what, but everyone really feels "on" in a way they haven't for a few years. Also the cases have been pretty fun too, another thing that was trash for a while.

This show may have had one of the sharpest drops in quality I've ever seen but it's nice to see them going out with their head held high.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Capn Beeb posted:

All I could think was "I am Groot" mixed with Swamp Thing.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Blazing Ownager posted:

It's almost kind of sad nobody's watching this season. If I had to sum it up it'd be "Who knew all it'd take to make the show go back to being the kind of fun it used to be is getting canceled?"

They definitely feel like they're going out on their A game, because really everything they've done this season feels like it's really tonally consistent with earlier seasons and not the PURE loving poo poo that things devolved into for a while. Hell it probably wouldn't be the last season if it kept this up. I don't know if the deadline took pressure off people or what, but everyone really feels "on" in a way they haven't for a few years. Also the cases have been pretty fun too, another thing that was trash for a while.

This show may have had one of the sharpest drops in quality I've ever seen but it's nice to see them going out with their head held high.

I think it's a situation where they had their endgame in mind (the key/stick plot), but not much of an idea of what to do to kill time before they kicked it off. Hence the idling storylines and the complete abandonment of the key plot for seasons at a time. Once they got the "final season" notice, they could confidently move into their endgame, which I agree has been about as good as the show ever was.

In short, I think they probably had 3-4 seasons worth of story that they had to stretch across 6 seasons of TV.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Well that was a difficult episode this week, mainly because my Mum is in advanced stages of vascular dementia (though I don't think she's on a killing spree with it).

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Surprisingly touching episode. Would have loved it in any season but this one. Still so done with Adalind/Nick and not entirely sure what the deal with Eve/Juliette is anymore. Bye bye badass hello whimpers.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

kinda liking the dark fantasy german world they made, but man why is it they finally figure out what they should have done long beforehand.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

shades of eternity posted:

kinda liking the dark fantasy german world they made, but man why is it they finally figure out what they should have done long beforehand.
Yeah. That's the annoying part. The good part is it's happening.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Mar 19, 2017

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I almost feel bad for the show given nobody's watching it anymore. They really did gently caress up royal (and gently caress up the royals, for that matter) but honestly the they're at least going out on a high note, even if it is ripping off The Terminator.

Good choice of actor to play the final main villain too. He was really solid in Jessica Jones and if you're going to rip off the Terminator, having someone who can pull off said rip off is a good thing; he's doing it.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Mar 25, 2017

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Blazing Ownager posted:

Good choice of actor to play the final main villain too. He was really solid in Jessica Jones and if you're going to rip off the Terminator, having someone who can pull off said rip off is a good thing; he's doing it.
Ah, that's where I remember him from.

Good job with Hank and Wu that Nick's stick (or possibly the staff) can resurrect them afterwards? If it was only Wu that had died I would have thought that was it for the character, but Hank as well? Gotta be nope.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

spookygonk posted:

Ah, that's where I remember him from.

Good job with Hank and Wu that Nick's stick (or possibly the staff) can resurrect them afterwards? If it was only Wu that had died I would have thought that was it for the character, but Hank as well? Gotta be nope.

I see a time travel trick coming soon. That reeked of the same mechanic where the hero sees all their friends die, then goes back in time to try and correct it.

flynt
Dec 30, 2006
Triggerhappy and gunshy
I'm thinking the 13 episode season is helping a lot. I usually like the monster of the week stuff but most of the time the long running storylines just draaaaagged on. I'm thinking the half season length forced them to cut all the extraneous poo poo.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Lol at the complete trashing of the Nick - Juliette relationship. In conversation no less!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

tessiebee posted:

Lol at the complete trashing of the Nick - Juliette relationship. In conversation no less!

Good riddance. It was the dullest relationship ever commited to film.

Also there's gotta be at least an 80% chance she's dying next episode. I'll go 95% on Renard BTW.

• Locked thread