Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jose Berrios is pitching right now in relief which absolutely fucks me on fantasy baseball because I was counting on him starting tomorrow. Thanks, Paul Molitor :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Rand alPaul posted:

Jose Berrios is pitching right now in relief which absolutely fucks me on fantasy baseball because I was counting on him starting tomorrow. Thanks, Paul Molitor :(

What stats do you need? Because he's in line for the win!

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gobias Ind. posted:

What stats do you need? Because he's in line for the win!

He's sitting on my bench today or else I'd be pumped. I need QS and K's in the one league I'm pretty close to winning.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Sale is going to start tomorrow if the division is on the line. Go Yankees, go Astros.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
I think I had 1 starter go 5 or more innings this week, Kluber. I might actually lose head to head strikeouts for literally the first week this season. Wins? Forget about it most starters only went 4 innings.

There are like 4 categories that will come down to tomorrow and we are tied 5-5 right now. Welp

Edit: getting to watch my Angels give up a million hits in person to Haniger, Seager and Cruz against my fantasy team sucks extra hard.

Good Dog fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Oct 1, 2017

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
Best of luck to everyone, myself included, locked into a last day championship match.

I was looking at some very early 2018 rankings. Charlie Blackmon, despite being the top player in my league, is shaping up to be a late first rounder.

One player I really like is Trea Turner. He's looking to be a first rounder, which I get because he's the only premier base stealer who isn't a liability in other spots.

Speaking of - this seems nuts to me - but Dee Gordon as a second rounder? I get he can win a category on his own and is in a great situation. But in the top 20 players off the board? 2B looks to be quite top heavywith him, Altuve, Rizzo and Jose Ramirez.

E: Also Dozier, Murphy and Schoop.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
well let's just see if a guy or two is sitting today so I can swap them o---

oh im gonna lose okay

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah everyone is benched today because none of the games matter. Judge, Sanchez, Correa. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUck.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I went hard after the 5th place in my league this week, and my team couldn't even do that for me. Again, I was in first place for the majority of the second half of the year, and then my team just went south in the final week and playoffs. My offense consists of Goldschmidt, Stanton, Rendon, and Turner, and I still couldn't win most offense categories.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry
Only ahead by 2 strikeouts on the week and guy I'm up against has a starter today and I don't, so welp unless all my relievers play.

Dee Gordon is valuable for SBs and Runs, alot of his value is tied up in Stanton behind him because he doesn't do much else. He has so few RBIs its amazing. Every other leadoff hitter has more than him.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
After leading my entire league in R and HR with a .282 average and 1.032 OPS, my team has hit .214 since Thursday with 1 HR and I've lost my championship after going from 9th on June 1st to the #1 seed

I've had more sub-.225 batting days in the semis and finals than I've had in the entire regular season since the all star break

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry
I'm winning 5-4-1 by a single point of batting average. 73/258 as a team to his 73/259.

Holy gently caress this final round is close.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Well I just lost one of my championships by .001 in AVG.

looking good for the other 2 though.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Won my espn H2H points league after losing the championship round by a dinger last year. Final scores gonna finish something like 640-420.

I dominated this year and it was glorious.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Clapping Larry
I dominated all year in my h2h league, tons of 10-0 weeks, mostly got by on my pitching. This week in the finals I was 4-0-1 on offense and 1-4 on pitching. Just barely held on at the end there.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

So finished with a 1st place, two 2nd places, a 3rd place and a 5th place finish. I'll take it. Lost my 2 other championships by .001 AVG and 1 rbi.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
Won my dynasty lite league this year. First time I've won in a few years. Last year I lost in the title game with what I think was a better team. Things just worked out. The guy I was most worried about I beat 10-0-2 in the semis. If I had played him this week I think he would have swept me 12-0.

Even though it was a 10-1-1 win, all of the categories were too close for comfort. I was getting crushed early on by a combination of Altuve, Judge and JD Martinez. Not fun going against those guys.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

I talked my league into a 20 week regular season so our playoffs don't get screwed over by benched players next year.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pandanaut posted:

The guy I was most worried about I beat 10-0-2 in the semis. If I had played him this week I think he would have swept me 12-0.

I think both of us would have whooped your rear end lol. I wasn't managing my lineup at all and left a ton of pitching on the bench. That's baseball! :v:

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

IcePhoenix posted:

I think both of us would have whooped your rear end lol. I wasn't managing my lineup at all and left a ton of pitching on the bench. That's baseball! :v:

Don't matter if you don't make it there first. Every playoff matchup was a complete blowout for some reason.

(Virtual) Flags fly forever. :dukedog:

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

My points league is insanely close and coming down to the last 5 days. 3 of us are within 10 points of each other (and we've scored 5400 points).

I think I'm the only one that realizes that you can exceed the innings limit on the day that you surpass it though. So I'm going to get as low as I can by Saturday and load up on Sunday's starters. Should I feel bad if this is how I win? It's not breaking any rules, but it feels a little wrong.

Update: I elected to go the honourable route. But then one of the other guys loaded up 6 starters on Saturday despite him having 5 innings left to use. In reaction I grabbed McHugh and Bridwell on Friday (having Anibal Sanchez and Chris Sale already slated to start on Sunday in my lineup). First thing Saturday morning he dropped all those guys and picked up every remaining starter for Sunday, so I was left with those 4 guys. When Boston won I grabbed Hector Velazquez to start for Sale.

Most of the guys he picked up for Saturday were duds, so I was down 33 points going into Sunday.

The results:

:bubblewoop:

e: I'm an idiot and can't seem to display the image

Gobias Ind. fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Oct 2, 2017

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Right click the image and pick "copy image location" or whatever your browser's equivalent is, then paste that.

Also gently caress I hate how bloated the new forums look is.

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001
Lost 4-5 to the Trout/Judge owner. Needed 1 RBI for a 4-4 win or 1 save for the 5-5. Next year.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

Right click the image and pick "copy image location" or whatever your browser's equivalent is, then paste that.

Also gently caress I hate how bloated the new forums look is.

Thanks!

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
HGH and Centaur Paintings had another successful season of bad team names. I just paypal'ed out money to the winners.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Rand alPaul posted:

HGH and Centaur Paintings had another successful season of bad team names. I just paypal'ed out money to the winners.

Thanks, and cheers for a hard fought 3rd place matchup. Your team was good too except for some untimely injuries.

Still proud of going 15-4-2 even if I didn't win the playoffs :)

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Rand alPaul posted:

Thanks again for running that. I was able to squeak by Pussy Boss in the semis, then lost by a single strikeout and win in the finale. Shoulda streamed more!

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Pussy Boss posted:

Thanks, and cheers for a hard fought 3rd place matchup. Your team was good too except for some untimely injuries.

Still proud of going 15-4-2 even if I didn't win the playoffs :)

Your team was fantastic I thought it was going to roll over everyone in the playoffs but alas..playoff baseball. I'm still kicking myself for drafting Yelich over Stanton. It will haunt me all winter.

coronaball posted:

Thanks again for running that. I was able to squeak by Pussy Boss in the semis, then lost by a single strikeout and win in the finale. Shoulda streamed more!

Haha were you the guy that started 7+ guys on the last day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I didn't draft Stanton in any leagues and I thought folks were nuts for picking him as high as they did.

Welp.

• Locked thread