Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
I'm about to lose my semi-final matchup after being undefeated since June 4th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

yearly reminder h2h is bad

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
In other news Miggy Cabs has two herniated discs in his back.

That explains a lot.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Abel Wingnut posted:

yearly reminder h2h is bad

I gave up on my team backsliding into the playoffs when football started. I'm about to take out the wire-to-wire #1 ranked player to get to the finals for the third straight year

Counterpoint: H2H is good.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I like h2h over roto, even when it bites me like this season.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
edit wrong thread, again

Doltos fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Sep 24, 2017

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Pandanaut posted:

That explains a lot.

Ugh, I traded Carrasco for him in May when it appeared as if his power would come back. He became unrosterable in the second half. One of the worst trades I have ever made.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
In 1st with very little time left in a Yahoo roto league, pretty pleased because I took forever to get back into 1st because of injuries

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pandanaut posted:

That explains a lot.

I think he's been on my bench for the last month

Also good god did I get shithoused in the semis

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pandanaut posted:

That explains a lot.

Sweet, glad Brad Ausmus kept running him out there.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Ausmus is the Dusty Baker for hitters.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I tentatively think I'm going to win my BIG MONEY ($1500!) league for the 2nd time in 3 years. God bless H2H points, god's preferred fantasy system.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

jabro posted:

Ausmus is the Dusty Baker for hitters.

The best part is that Cabrera "might return" this season. UHHH WHAT.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
I eked out the slightest of wins in the semi-finals of the goon league yesterday, winning the tiebreaker and only getting the tie during the final game last night. Go me. Even if I don't win the finals I still get :10bux:

e: The guy I'm facing in the finals has Judge and Trout, I have... Justin Upton and Jose Altuve as my two best hitters.

mentholmoose fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Sep 25, 2017

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe
29 point lead heading into the final week with $1k for 1st. Already won the 1st half 1st place payout as well.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

lol pomeranz just ruined some weeks

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
H2h in the finale is so stupid. Moreso with the final week being the final mlb season when good players are getting rested for the postseason and pitchers are skipping starts to line up for playoff rotations. Sale pitches today, does he start Sunday or should I drop him and pick up another starter for more strikeouts and potential win? Rapidly changing your team in the final to cheese out extra starts is stupid.

Also I assume Yadi and Turner are dead and will basically be rested till the end of season. All this after blowing out my opponent 10-0 and crushing every category in the semi finals.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Good Dog posted:

H2h in the finale is so stupid. Moreso with the final week being the final mlb season when good players are getting rested for the postseason and pitchers are skipping starts to line up for playoff rotations. Sale pitches today, does he start Sunday or should I drop him and pick up another starter for more strikeouts and potential win? Rapidly changing your team in the final to cheese out extra starts is stupid.

Also I assume Yadi and Turner are dead and will basically be rested till the end of season. All this after blowing out my opponent 10-0 and crushing every category in the semi finals.

I'm also in the Sale boat and will be shocked if he pitches on Sunday, even though he's lined up to. The only way I see him pitching is if they haven't locked up the division yet, which is unlikely.

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe
I am figuring he will throw 50-60 pitches to keep him on regular turn for the start of the division series

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I cannot wait for this season to end. It's been a nightmare. Sat Correa and McCutchen tonight: 11 RBIS. ELEVEN.

I did poo poo like this all season :(

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea lining up pitching is the only thing i hate about h2h playoffs. I seriously doubt Max goes again so i may need another arm but only have one transaction left and have Olsen and possibly Betts done :/

I want to win my loser bracket and get my money back :(

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I should really consider moving the playoffs back a week but in a 12 team league it lines up too perfectly to have the finals on the last week :(

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

My points league is insanely close and coming down to the last 5 days. 3 of us are within 10 points of each other (and we've scored 5400 points).

I think I'm the only one that realizes that you can exceed the innings limit on the day that you surpass it though. So I'm going to get as low as I can by Saturday and load up on Sunday's starters. Should I feel bad if this is how I win? It's not breaking any rules, but it feels a little wrong.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I think that's foul play, but I guess reasonable people may disagree. The same issue exists on ESPN for leagues with start limits, if you are under on Sunday you can start as many guys as you want. Our commissioner always reverts the starts that go after the limit is reached.

Frankly if your rules have an innings cap, I'm not sure it's not against the rules even if your platform doesn't automatically enforce it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Innings limit is hard because if you're like 19 under and start three guys that all go 7+ innings (and maybe get an inning or two from closers) it's not really your fault for picking good pitchers and I don't like the idea for punishing people in that case (which is why it probably allows you to go over the limit on the day you do).

But if you blow way past it intentionally then that's different. I'm about as rules lawyer-y as it gets and even I wouldn't do that.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
starts limit is much preferable to innings limit in my opinion.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Popero posted:

I think that's foul play, but I guess reasonable people may disagree. The same issue exists on ESPN for leagues with start limits, if you are under on Sunday you can start as many guys as you want. Our commissioner always reverts the starts that go after the limit is reached.

Frankly if your rules have an innings cap, I'm not sure it's not against the rules even if your platform doesn't automatically enforce it.

IcePhoenix posted:

Innings limit is hard because if you're like 19 under and start three guys that all go 7+ innings (and maybe get an inning or two from closers) it's not really your fault for picking good pitchers and I don't like the idea for punishing people in that case (which is why it probably allows you to go over the limit on the day you do).

But if you blow way past it intentionally then that's different. I'm about as rules lawyer-y as it gets and even I wouldn't do that.

bewbies posted:

starts limit is much preferable to innings limit in my opinion.

Yeahhh, I agree with all of this. I guess the solution is to just try and get as close as possible to the limit, with a few extra incidental innings being fine.

I shouldn't have asked. Now I feel worse about it, won't do it, and will lose as a result :v:

e: Unless I see one of the other guys doing it, in which case gently caress it

Gobias Ind. fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Sep 27, 2017

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
I did it in a yahoo pro league, since I didn't care about anyone in there. In your case I would've talked about it before the year started and tried to get a rule against it.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
I'm a big crybaby about people doing things unfairly, and even I'd anticipate dropping everyone to fill up every roster slot with a starter on the last day.

Just don't go messing it up and going just over the day before.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
My stupid roto league plays all the way through this lovely week (with rosters that lock on monday morning) and I just remembered how mad I got the other day when some team with no hope of getting in the money picked up Blake Snell for his two starts this week. Then he throws 1 inning and gives up four runs. Life is good.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Honestly the season should just end the first week of August and have the playoffs be the next three weeks, give or take a week.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
The ESPN app keeps giving me roster alerts about a team whose season is entirely over and I can't even adjust anymore.

Thanks, ESPN.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

IcePhoenix posted:

I should really consider moving the playoffs back a week but in a 12 team league it lines up too perfectly to have the finals on the last week :(

Yeah it just works out perfectly but still sucks.

I had a 15-4-1 record against the guy I'm playing in the finals and he has maxed out his 7 roster moves every time. He also created the league and knows the most about fantasy whereas I just drafted well and mostly set-and-forget my lineup. He's currently winning 5-3-2 but I should pass him in ERA and WHIP once the minimum starts is hit.

Playoff fantasy baseball is just as bullshit as real playoff baseball.

I'd rather the playoffs be top 4 advance and have the finals be a 2 week thing like the allstar break is instead of top 6 with a bye for 1/2.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Inspector_666 posted:

The ESPN app keeps giving me roster alerts about a team whose season is entirely over and I can't even adjust anymore.

Thanks, ESPN.

S A M E

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Hmm, my teams all seem to have poo poo themselves in the finals. I'm proud they've both made the finals but way to blow it on the big stage :smith:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

mentholmoose posted:

Hmm, my teams all seem to have poo poo themselves in the finals. I'm proud they've both made the finals but way to blow it on the big stage :smith:

Sale/Quintana/Paxton doin work for me to blow everything out of the water for my title

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
You guys down in the dumps about the fact that you chose head to head over roto? No matter! Let's all laugh together at some horseshit rankings.

https://www.faketeams.com/2017/9/29/16385310/2018-fantasy-baseball-top-250-rankings-standard-5x5-leagues

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Moneyball posted:

You guys down in the dumps about the fact that you chose head to head over roto? No matter!

To be fair if I had chosen roto with the team I had in the goon money league I probably wouldn't have won any money at all, instead of the second place prize that I'm going to get.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I'm angrier about the dumbass presentation than the ranks themselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Gary Sanchez should be in the 20s somewhere, and he probably will be ranked there by spring training.

• Locked thread