Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

pressedbunny posted:

Roode could have worked the leg throughout the match and you'd have the same finish without the downtime. I'm really tired of people landing awkwardly and the match stopping for a doctor to dick around being a part of every other major match.

That doesn't protect Nakamura.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Glad a young up and comer like Bobby Roode finally has the WWE developmental championship

bartok
May 10, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

When the best part of a Takeover was a Monday night RAW segment you're in trouble :geno:

#DIY vs. AoP was a Raw segment?

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
They managed to have Nakamura lose and still make him look powerful. I'm alright with it

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
No Shinsuke tomorrow, rematch next Takeover. Book it.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

C ORIOUS

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

surf rock posted:

Get Nakamura the gently caress out of NXT and put him on top of the Raw main event scene. If he's not the Universal belt holder, put him on Smackdown as the new member of the Fashion Police.

shinsuke nakamura, king of fashion police would elevate tyler breeze to where he deserves to be

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

That was quite possibly Shinsuke's best match in the WWE so far. Holy gently caress that was amazing and I am very, very happy with that result.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

G ORIOUS

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Legit question: Is this the biggest crowd Roode has ever competed in front of? Or did some of the TNA England shows beat it?

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

way to blow the loving shot guy with the L

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

bradzilla posted:

I doubt Nakamura's main roster debut is tomorrow night, sorry guys

Yeah no way in hell.

That said Takeover was good.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
GORIOUS

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Great finish to an allright match.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Better than any of the joe matches tbh

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Venomous posted:

That was quite possibly Shinsuke's best match in the WWE so far. Holy gently caress that was amazing and I am very, very happy with that result.
lol i don't think it's even in the top 3 but it was still very good

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

thelazyblank posted:

Yeah, this is probably the best way to get the belt off of Nakamura and it's good and cool.

I wish they could do the same with Asuka.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Shinsuke debuting the RAW after wrestlemania it seems.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

That finish was so close to being great. Fake doctor check was too much and they killed the pacing.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Venomous posted:

His debut blew that out of the water.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Sigma posted:

Glad a young up and comer like Bobby Roode finally has the WWE developmental championship

Yeah, let the new kids in like Shinsuke Nakamura and Samoa Joe

what a dumbass comment.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Looking to the future Roode's a good heel champion to have an actual developmental face beat.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

MotU posted:

how many nxt main events are gonna have doctors coming down just start giving them their own entrances

MotU posted:

just give them cesaros stinger

I laughed really hard at this btw

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Venomous posted:

No chance. Nakamura v Zayn was way better.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Sigma posted:

Yeah cause there's a long tradition of homegrown WWE guys holding the NXT title, lmao

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

pressedbunny posted:

Roode could have worked the leg throughout the match and you'd have the same finish without the downtime. I'm really tired of people landing awkwardly and the match stopping for a doctor to dick around being a part of every other major match.

I like the freak injury part. But they probably could have done it without a doctor.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Legit question: Is this the biggest crowd Roode has ever competed in front of? Or did some of the TNA England shows beat it?
2011 Dome Show

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Regulation Size posted:

I wish they could do the same with Asuka.

my theory is that Asuka maintains her winning streak until someone accidentally lets it slip that there's a main roster, and she promptly throws the title at regal and runs off to kick new asses

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I'd want Shinsuke to have a Rumble appearance but have it be a one off until an actual call up later

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

thelazyblank posted:

I like the freak injury part. But they probably could have done it without a doctor.

I laughed when they said they had some of the finest medical personnel in the world checking on Shinsuke, and it was just some PT

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

dromal phrenia posted:

my theory is that Asuka maintains her winning streak until someone accidentally lets it slip that there's a main roster, and she promptly throws the title at regal and runs off to kick new asses

Asuka: Wait, I'm not on TV? :stare:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Dangerous Person posted:

I'd want Shinsuke to have a Rumble appearance but have it be a one off until an actual call up later

having a guy randomly appear in a rumble as a debut

and then have them lose

weakens their debut significantly

see: KENTA

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
Probably the worst Takeover but still better than any Raw ppv since the brand split.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

According to Wikipedia, the Freeman Coliseum has a capacity of 11,700, which is lower than both the Brooklyn and Toronto attendance, so it isn't even the biggest crowd he's competed in front of in NXT.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Lid posted:

having a guy randomly appear in a rumble as a debut

and then have them lose

weakens their debut significantly

see: KENTA

Yeah, true

I just want to see as much cool people in the Rumble tomorrow

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Sigma posted:

I'll be glad when WWE runs out of old near 40 year old wrestlers who are past their prime to sign and starts using the younger late 20s Indy talent that they have, this excludes Chris Hero since he is still awesome and great in ring.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh wow, I had no idea TNA did a thing with New Japan for the Wrestle Kingdom shows for awhile.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Joe and Tye should be the debuts tomorrow. Tye's ceiling is Zach Ryder, but a debut at 10 and knocking a guy out will be enough.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Jerusalem posted:

Oh wow, I had no idea TNA did a thing with New Japan for the Wrestle Kingdom shows for awhile.

IIRC TNA and NJPW used to have a working relationship until they hosed up Okada

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Benne posted:

IIRC TNA and NJPW used to have a working relationship until they hosed up Okada

I think having the Dudleys drop the IWGP titles without getting NJPW's permission was part of it too.

• Locked thread