Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Dangerous Person posted:

Women's match was my favorite match of the night. It set up Asuka vs Nikki very nicely and their inevitable Takeover match will own

I was underwhelmed with the show in general, but the way they set it up so that we now want to see Asuka vs Nikki is great. I thought they were going that direction with Nikki pinning one of the Aussies, but this worked too. I thought the main event was overbooked and while I liked the tag match, it was nowhere near any of the Revival matches that have been just blowing the roof off the past few takeovers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Why haven't they arbitrarily made Murphy the new Meat for Peyton and Billie?

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Asuka is going to maintain her streak for at least 40 more days. As they said on the show itself that would mean she is then the longest reigning NXT-Women chanpion ahead of Paige and with Paige giving the WWE the middle finger and knowing how petty the company is that seems more than likely.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

CVE posted:

Asuka is going to maintain her streak for at least 40 more days. As they said on the show itself that would mean she is then the longest reigning NXT-Women chanpion ahead of Paige and with Paige giving the WWE the middle finger and knowing how petty the company is that seems more than likely.

This doesn't hurt so much as Asuka is objectively better than Paige, whereas Nikki Bella was worse in every way to AJ Lee/over half the active female roster.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

CVE posted:

Paige's record is weird because he reign is two lengths: one for calendar days between her winning at a tv taping and being stripped of the title, and the official WWE count that uses the day her title win aired on Hulu.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?
With AOP winning the titles, I look forward to the inevitable hoss-off with Heavy Machinery.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Joe should get promoted to the main roster starting with the Rumble. Naka should be held off until the Raw after mania.

A lot more fans know who Joe is then Naka. Naka needs a smark crowd for his debut.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The Grey posted:

Joe should get promoted to the main roster starting with the Rumble. Naka should be held off until the Raw after mania.

A lot more fans know who Joe is then Naka. Naka needs a smark crowd for his debut.

Rumble/Mania/Summerslam and their various other weekend events all have smark crowds these days

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I don't see why casual fans would be any more familiar with Samoa Joe than Shinsuke Nakamura anyway?

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Baron Corbyn posted:

I don't see why casual fans would be any more familiar with Samoa Joe than Shinsuke Nakamura anyway?

Samoa Joe was in RoH for years and was in TNA until real recently. I guess if those were your entry points into the fandom, he'd be a more familiar face.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Regulation Size posted:

Samoa Joe was in RoH for years and was in TNA until real recently. I guess if those were your entry points into the fandom, he'd be a more familiar face.

I don't think I'd consider someone who watches ROH to be a casual fan. TNA maybe but even still. Most casual fans are people who watch WWE exclusively, and are more likely to know Joe from NXT tbh.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I'm just getting around to watching takeover and I really liked Almas vs Roddy. I'd like to see them have a few more matches. When they just started clubbing and hitting each other hard in as enjoying it a lot.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

remusclaw posted:

AJ could have done it last year, but they weren't sold on AJ yet, as seen with his "Pitbull" run up until they understood what they had. That I think is the biggest obstacle, debuting a guy, in the Rumble, who already has Vince and co sold on him.

Maybe, though I'm not 100% sure. AJ's offence is based around speed and agility, which are much more difficult things to incorporate into a Rumble than strength and power. Plus AJ being on the small side means it's harder to make his eliminations look good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Don't Do a google of "aj styles performing good eliminations" unless you want to see all my mspaints of the toilet club

• Locked thread