Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Nikki watching Asuka walk out with the belt is definitely leading to Nikki/Asuka at Takeover:Orlando.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
THIS IS GLORIOUS

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Venomous posted:

That was quite possibly Shinsuke's best match in the WWE so far. Holy gently caress that was amazing and I am very, very happy with that result.

No chance. Nakamura v Zayn was way better.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

remusclaw posted:

It would be a big loving risk, and due to how conservative WWE is, it will never happen, but one day I would love to see a hot debut at the Rumble that ends with a complete surprise win by the new guy.

The problem is that a lot of the casual fans aren't going to recognize anyone who isn't already a regular on Raw or Smackdown, which means that you've got a maximum of 60 minutes to get the guy over enough that the crowd buys the win and will pop for it. You'd need a guy whose offence is interesting and different, who looks like he could realistically pick up 7 or 8 eliminations, and who can go an hour without spending half of that time having a Roman-esque nap on the floor. Joe and Hero could do it, and maybe Omega, but I don't know who else could.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

remusclaw posted:

AJ could have done it last year, but they weren't sold on AJ yet, as seen with his "Pitbull" run up until they understood what they had. That I think is the biggest obstacle, debuting a guy, in the Rumble, who already has Vince and co sold on him.

Maybe, though I'm not 100% sure. AJ's offence is based around speed and agility, which are much more difficult things to incorporate into a Rumble than strength and power. Plus AJ being on the small side means it's harder to make his eliminations look good.

• Locked thread