Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

honestly if you're a bernie supporter and turned coat for trump instead of not voting (understandable) or voting for retard stein or gary fucknuts you're about as smart as the people being made fun of in twitter screenshots here

I consider Bernie people who voted Trump to be the stupidest of all because at least Trump voters believed his priorities aligned with theirs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

honestly if you're a bernie supporter and turned coat for trump instead of not voting (understandable) or voting for retard stein or gary fucknuts you're about as smart as the people being made fun of in twitter screenshots here

going from bernard sanders to gary fucknuts is almost as incomprehensible as sanders -> trump imo

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Squizzle posted:

ok not to reverse course on the "its cool to mock them" thing but

thinking tgeyre objectively dumber than you is super dangerous. people can be rational but thats an accident of ouur :krad: brains and not even a lil bit our default way of engaging the world. we're social and emotional and something that appeals to our biases will bull right through our logic circuits w/o slowing down

we all have a bunch of situations where we're rock dumb and we should be laffin at the dumb poo poo w/o judging the person dumb as a whole

Tho bigotry is always dumb, and should be aggressively shamed

in conusion laffs are a complex thing full of contradictions

there is a kind of rabid fever that talented populists tap into that short circuits logic, and some of what we're seeing posted itt is the fever of the campaign has broken and they realize they got carried away and things went too far. it's important that we acknowledge and understand this phenomenon in order to more effectively counter it in the future and keep the rhetoric grounded

however there is still no getting around the crushing stupidity of voting for the guy who explicitly promised to gently caress you over, and then getting pissed at him for loving you over. traditionally, radical populists run into trouble with their base if they don't keep their campaign promises

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

there is a kind of rabid fever that talented populists tap into that short circuits logic, and some of what we're seeing posted itt is the fever of the campaign has broken and they realize they got carried away and things went too far. it's important that we acknowledge and understand this phenomenon in order to more effectively counter it in the future and keep the rhetoric grounded

however there is still no getting around the crushing stupidity of voting for the guy who explicitly promised to gently caress you over, and then getting pissed at him for loving you over. traditionally, radical populists run into trouble with their base if they don't keep their campaign promises

ultimatly he relied on the "common knowledge" that politicians never keep their promises. Since nobody actually listened to what he said they assumed he'd do what they wanted (HES JUSt SAYING HELL GET RID OF THE HEALTH INSURANCE I RELY ON) and now the dread truth is starting to hit.

Best thing to do is to point and laugh until they realize it (big if in a lot of cases), then show them how they can get active.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
"Democrats took Trump literally but not seriously. Republicans took Trump seriously but not literally."

-Whoever said that

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

They didn't think trump wouldn't do what he said, they thought trump would do what he said but find a way to gently caress only "certain" people over

Doctor Discomfort
Jan 4, 2015

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Whoa whoa whoa there. Let me explain myself! At the time I voted I was pretty sure we'd be hearing people bitch about President Hillary for the next 4-8 years. But I live in a state that has the totally sane and reasonable system of representative democracy that gives 11 electoral votes to the republican that gets 1.5 million votes and none to the democrat that got 1 million votes. So it really doesn't matter that I voted for Jill Stein just so I could vote against both Trump and Hillary. But mostly I did it so I can totally own someone who tries to use the whole "you're just too sexist and afraid to vote for a woman" thing when I tell them I didn't vote for Clinton. My goal is to get someone flustered enough to say something like "not voting for Hillary is a form of rape."

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Doctor Discomfort posted:

Whoa whoa whoa there. Let me explain myself! At the time I voted I was pretty sure we'd be hearing people bitch about President Hillary for the next 4-8 years. But I live in a state that has the totally sane and reasonable system of representative democracy that gives 11 electoral votes to the republican that gets 1.5 million votes and none to the democrat that got 1 million votes. So it really doesn't matter that I voted for Jill Stein just so I could vote against both Trump and Hillary. But mostly I did it so I can totally own someone who tries to use the whole "you're just too sexist and afraid to vote for a woman" when I tell them I didn't vote for Clinton. My goal is to get someone flustered enough to say something like "not voting for Hillary is a form of rape."
that sentence parsed poorly but my intent of the post was that if you voted for gary fuckernuts or jill downs you are still smarter than bernie primary voters who turned coat for trump.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

also, gary stole a couple million votes away from trump so his existing on the ballot was still sort of a net positive however small it was

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Whoa whoa whoa there. Let me explain myself! At the time I voted I was pretty sure we'd be hearing people bitch about President Hillary for the next 4-8 years. But I live in a state that has the totally sane and reasonable system of representative democracy that gives 11 electoral votes to the republican that gets 1.5 million votes and none to the democrat that got 1 million votes. So it really doesn't matter that I voted for Jill Stein just so I could vote against both Trump and Hillary. But mostly I did it so I can totally own someone who tries to use the whole "you're just too sexist and afraid to vote for a woman" thing when I tell them I didn't vote for Clinton. My goal is to get someone flustered enough to say something like "not voting for Hillary is a form of rape."

do u spend a lot of your time on trying to epically own imaginary bogeymen

Doctor Discomfort
Jan 4, 2015

RottenK posted:

do u spend a lot of your time on trying to epically own imaginary bogeymen

I spent the last few hours trying to come up with a witty reply that would put you in your place. Does that answer your question JERK

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 250 days!

breaklaw posted:

"Democrats took Trump literally but not seriously. Republicans took Trump seriously but not literally."

-Whoever said that

Peter Thiel

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

Slamhound posted:

Anyone who voted for Trump deserves to die in howling agony. They also deserve to be mercilessly mocked as they do so. Anyone who sympathizes with them deserves the same.

You cannot "educate" these subhumans because education is not something imposed by an outside force; you have to be an active participant in your education. Trying to "educate" a Trump supporter is like trying to calm down a violent abuser; it only makes them more violent and abusive.

gently caress every last one of them and anyone who loves them.

source you're d&d quotes

Toasticle
Jul 18, 2003

Hay guys, out this Rape

I understand the idea but the DNC can't get their head out of their rear end enough to get enough democrats to vote, no way they are even paying attention to protest votes. But the way Trump's ego couldn't handle losing by 3 million he'd have a loving epic meltdown if it was by 10 million.

In a non lovely world that would maybe get people to agree the EC is loving broken but it just seems to gently caress over democrats so still won't happen.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lmao

Well the good news is that thanks to liberals and protesters and Dems she will see her mom again probably

Hopefully she takes that lesson to heart and notices who is fighting for her and who is saying her mom is a terrorist

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I honestly don't think any of these stories are real. No one ever admits they're wrong, they justify why their current situation (no health care, loved one stuck in Iran) is actually cool and great and maybe my husband should travel less for work and it's not like I needed that heart transplant anyway.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

FALSE FLAG

People are dumb as poo poo, I have no doubt these are real, it's why they're quoted with year old pro-Trump tweets

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Deified Data posted:

I honestly don't think any of these stories are real. No one ever admits they're wrong, they justify why their current situation (no health care, loved one stuck in Iran) is actually cool and great and maybe my husband should travel less for work and it's not like I needed that heart transplant anyway.

the one I just posted is def real. Account made in 2015, is currently reblogging a ton of tweets about how everything is hosed up.

edit: some of them are fake, but I'm seeing more that are completely legit.

Crocoswine has issued a correction as of 04:43 on Jan 31, 2017

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

how is clinton not precisely as "retarded" as stein? she went on a speaking tour to encourage the wealthy to invest in fracking and she thinks encryption is magical.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Epic High Five posted:

Hopefully she takes that lesson to heart and notices who is fighting for her and who is saying her mom is a terrorist

lol nope, she'll take exactly the opposite lesson, everything worked out in the end so she was right to vote trump after all

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

stephenfry posted:

how is clinton not precisely as "retarded" as stein? she went on a speaking tour to encourage the wealthy to invest in fracking and she thinks encryption is magical.
it parses poorly, i meant if you did something like "abstain" "jill" "gary" you are not as stupid as a fairweather bernie supporter who turned coat for trump

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

stephenfry posted:

not to get off topic, but ill just leave this here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2suVx9cDKw

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

it parses poorly, i meant if you did something like "abstain" "jill" "gary" you are not as stupid as a fairweather bernie supporter who turned coat for trump

it was the presence of the words "retard stein" and the absence of the words h"honestly if you're a bernie supporter or just someone who doesn't like the idea of grandma pinochet..." that got me all ornery

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

not to get off topic, but ill just leave this here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2suVx9cDKw

@lhfang: Hillary Clinton Touted Her Record of Spreading Fracking in Secret, Paid Speeches posted:

Starting early in her tenure as Secretary of State, Clinton traveled the globe encouraging foreign countries to adopt fracking technology. Clinton has both publicly and privately explained that she views fracking, under the right circumstances, as the most environmentally sound method of transitioning away from other fossil fuels such as oil and coal. She has also said that fracking can make the U.S. and other nations energy independent, a foreign policy goal that may weaken gas exporting countries such as Russia.

But in private, Clinton also asserted that there is a conspiracy of Russian-funded groups attempting to suppress fracking development. During a speech to a group in Canada called tinePublic, Clinton claimed that there are “phony environmental groups” that are “funded by the Russians to stand against” fracking.

agreed, friend. this isn't a worthwhile tangent

Boner Pill Connoisseur
Apr 23, 2002

I took the blue pill.

too much concern trolling chatter, get with the posting of tweets chop chop

I need delicious schadenfreude of hillbilly chuds with preexisting conditions or newly shattered families to slate my dead black heart

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

pfizerman posted:

too much concern trolling chatter, get with the posting of tweets chop chop

I need delicious schadenfreude of hillbilly chuds with preexisting conditions or newly shattered families to slate my dead black heart

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Business Gorillas posted:

going from bernard sanders to gary fucknuts is almost as incomprehensible as sanders -> trump imo

Gary fucknuts supported amnesty at least

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

lol, just lol

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

lol at people not realizing that taking known liar Trump and making him a politician creates a double negative where he tells the truth bigly

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I'm a Bernie turncoat that voted for Jill in the general because I'd rather vote for a retard than an rear end in a top hat

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

call to action posted:

I'm a Bernie turncoat that voted for Jill in the general because I'd rather vote for a retard than an rear end in a top hat

stein is pro-assad so you voted for both lol

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Yossarian-22 posted:

Gary fucknuts supported amnesty at least

gary impressed me by somehow finding a less coherent stance on global warming than the shameless con-man who says it's a chinese hoax

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Fallen Hamprince posted:

stein is pro-assad so you voted for both lol

i wrote in assad himself

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

using the secret shape changing arts i learned personally from assad i took the forms of dozens of chinese nationals and cast fraudulent votes in the names of dead conservative republicans, in chicago and california

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

the perfect crime

sick brunch kills
Nov 18, 2016

Brunch DJ goin' hard as fuck

This avatar brought to you by the Lowtax Needs a New Spine Fund
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rbdcOMWyhCE

I posted this in the trump thread but it moves too goddamn fast. This thread is probably a better fit anyway lol

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

"I didn't think leopards would eat MY face" cries woman who voted for the leopards eating people's faces party

Boner Pill Connoisseur
Apr 23, 2002

I took the blue pill.

how can you be so dumb to think that a pussygrabbing 80s businessman running with a dead eyed converted catholic would be good for your reproductive health

quote:

Melody Forbes is a human resources professional living in Phoenix

oh sorry i retract my statement

Lochness_Hamster
Sep 27, 2007
The More i read of these, the more iam reminded of all the WOKE 8 year olds that appeared after the election

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

PleasingFungus posted:

This is an idiotic reaction to a phenomenon of mass ignorance. You should be reaching out to these people and trying to educate them as a basis for forming a real mass politics. They obviously didn't decide they don't want healthcare, or else they wouldn't express the fear that they're gonna lose it. They thought Trump was going to replace the ACA with a better healthcare system, which is what he actually said. They didn't think he'd try to wipe it all out in one fell swoop without an alternative plan. That makes them idiotic rubes, not maliciously self-destructive psychopaths. This has always been a country of rubes and con men, and you can't blame people for their gross ignorance when the system is built up to keep them that way.

All you're doing here is demonstrating why people can still have so much contempt for Liberals, even in spite of Trump voters. You're no less petty or spiteful, and your politics are garbage.
dont care these people deserve death