Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«73 »
Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

duckin 4 cover lol. u don't get to see the good fight b*tch

errol is definitely one of those guys who's is too risky to fight for the money you get for fighting him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mike-
Jul 9, 2004

Phillipians 1:21

Garcia and Thurman will avoid Spence, but porter will immediately take that fight. You canít include him with the others

MMM Whatchya Say
Aug 10, 2011

This doesn't taste like anything you've licked before

Thurman beats him

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

PLEASE WORK OUT

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Thurman beats him

I guess I could see a scenario where Spence just wasn't ready and Thurman outfoxes him but as of now I cant see Spence-Thurman as a whitewash for Spence. Spence has the physical advantages (height, reach adn likely weight on fight night), a greater amateur pedigree, I believe more power and a superb body attack. Keeping in mind Luis Collazo once hurt Thurman to the body badly I think he would get taken out within 6 rounds.

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at Jun 19, 2018 around 02:51

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Thurman beats him

Don't see it. Thurman's 5'7 and gives up 3" in reach to Spence. He's an average sized welterweight with average power at the world class level. He won close decisions over Danny Garcia and Shawn Porter, good fighters but not special fighters, and he's been inactive and injured lately. Who knows if he can even get all the way back, but even if he does he gives up basically every advantage to Spence, besides experience, which would be a wash anyway by the time they got in the ring together.

Spence has the size (5'10, 6'0 reach), as well as the power and skills to easily move up to junior middleweight, maybe even middleweight at some point, depending on how truly good he is. He knocked out Kell Brook (a guy who beat Shawn Porter fairly handily), who I'd say is bigger and better than anyone Thurman's beaten. Thurman would need the fight of his life to even eke out a decision against Spence.

MMM Whatchya Say
Aug 10, 2011

This doesn't taste like anything you've licked before

TBH I don't really think Thurman beats Spence, I'm just like Thurman and am sick of seeing people poo poo on him online since his activity stopped and thought it would be fun to post "Thurman beats him" with no explanation.

Spence is the truth, and while I think people underestimate Thurman, Spence is clearly the best guy in the division.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

PLEASE WORK OUT

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

TBH I don't really think Thurman beats Spence, I'm just like Thurman and am sick of seeing people poo poo on him online since his activity stopped and thought it would be fun to post "Thurman beats him" with no explanation.

Spence is the truth, and while I think people underestimate Thurman, Spence is clearly the best guy in the division.

I feel like hes kind of earned that enmity. I cant hate on how hes performed in the ring (he seems to fight down to his competition but his fights against Garcia and Porter were strong wins) and I'm not going so far to that he faked injuries but he really went from being a guy who would call anyone out for any fight to demanding multiple "get back" fights before facing another top opponent.

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Bud Crawford might have something to say about that next year.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

I think Crawford beats everyone not named Spence at 147. Spence/Crawford is obviously the marquee match-up in the division. Thurman is a good fighter, but his inactivity - won't have fought in a year and a half by the time he does fight - means he has a lot of catching up to do.

It will be interesting to see who he takes as his return fight. Ideally it would be against someone like Jesse Vargas, but that's probably expecting too much.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

duckin 4 cover lol. u don't get to see the good fight b*tch

where do you think josh kelly's ceiling is?

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

I think he's not quick or powerful enough to pull off his bootleg Roy Jones impression at world level

The other Josh who's fighting Postol this weekend looks more like the real deal

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

PLEASE WORK OUT

Dejan Zlaticanin got stopped by an opponent against whom he was favored 100 to 1

https://twitter.com/ryansongalia/st...8708361219?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

Marching Powder posted:

where do you think josh kelly's ceiling is?

A GQ or Esquire magazine feature?

Haven't seen too much of him to be honest, and it's probably too early to say. I'd want to see him in against a legit top 10 level opponent before passing any real judgement though. I will say that he's definitely not Spence/Crawford level, so it's tough to see him being anything more than a paper world titlist at best while those two are around, and for that matter he's probably not on the Thurman/Garcia/Porter level either.

«73 »