Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«75 »
Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

That version of Pacquiao vs a comebacking Keith Thurman (WBA Super Champ) would be an interesting fight. Thurman would still win, but Pacquiao wouldn't get embarrassed like he would against Terence Crawford or Errol Spence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMM Whatchya Say
Aug 10, 2011

This doesn't taste like anything you've licked before

Would rather seem him against Khan (competitive fight with money still in it) or Lomachenko (interesting crossroads fight)

STONE COLD 64
Oct 20, 2006

austin 3:16 says shut up. shut hte fuck up. where is my beer. i need hel

no chance that ggg/canelo actually happens again right

MMM Whatchya Say
Aug 10, 2011

STONE COLD 64 posted:

no chance that ggg/canelo actually happens again right

It's scheduled and they've sold tickets, so I would say it's pretty possible

STONE COLD 64
Oct 20, 2006

austin 3:16 says shut up. shut hte fuck up. where is my beer. i need hel

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

It's scheduled and they've sold tickets, so I would say it's pretty possible

yeah, but boxing

MMM Whatchya Say
Aug 10, 2011

It is boxing, but money is a tremendous wheel greaser and this is the biggest money fight in boxing right now. It was actually pretty surprising the may rematch was called off even with the drug tests and there's increased pressure this time round. Both sides fought hard for the fight in the negotiations and the fans want it, so something tremendously hosed would have to happen to scrap this fight.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Would rather seem him against Khan (competitive fight with money still in it) or Lomachenko (interesting crossroads fight)

Khan would be another interesting fight, though there's a chance that Khan is still so fast that he just dominates a 40 year old Pacquiao. Khan is such a glass cannon and such a stupid fighter though that I'd have to imagine Pacquiao would have a puncher's chance for the entirety of the fight.

I don't want to see a Lomachenko fight. Pacquiao would get embarrassed, and it would mean Loma would have to go up to at least 144-145 pounds, which could gently caress with his ability to get back down to 135 and still be the same fighter he was.

MMM Whatchya Say
Aug 10, 2011

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Khan would be another interesting fight, though there's a chance that Khan is still so fast that he just dominates a 40 year old Pacquiao. Khan is such a glass cannon and such a stupid fighter though that I'd have to imagine Pacquiao would have a puncher's chance for the entirety of the fight.

I don't want to see a Lomachenko fight. Pacquiao would get embarrassed, and it would mean Loma would have to go up to at least 144-145 pounds, which could gently caress with his ability to get back down to 135 and still be the same fighter he was.

I guess we have different impressions of how good Pac still is. Khan is faster, but Pacquiao's still got pretty fast hands and Khan comes in and out in straight lines. If Danny Garcia can time Khan, Pacquiao will be able to as well.

I also think Lomachenko wins that fight. I see it happening at 140 or or a slightly lower catchweight, Pac barely walks around at welterweight and he's said a few times he can still cut to 140 without too much trouble. After watching Linares knock Lomachenko down and watching Manny take (a shot version of) Matthysse apart, I have better hopes for this fight though. It's a dangerous fight for Lomachenko as the smaller man, especially coming off of a shoulder surgery. Like, the same Manny that's putting guys like Bradley and Vargas on their asses is going to hurt Lomachenko if he lands, and Manny still throws enough punches in a round that I don't think it's a nostalgia laden fantasy to imagine him doing so. But I think Loma has more tools to adjust with at this stage of his career and should win. But it's a neat passing of the torch opportunity.

I might be massively overrating Manny's abilities after seeing one fight against a guy who was arguably never that good, but I think a Pacquiao that's not fighting bigger guys still does pretty well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

PLEASE WORK OUT

To the surprise of no one Joshua-Povetkin has finally been confirmed

https://twitter.com/EddieHearn/stat...4479728640?s=19

«75 »