Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«86 »
The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

PLEASE WORK OUT

AJ with the GGG tribute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

AJ didn't even shave or get a haircut, he's going soft

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Frankston posted:

AJ didn't even shave or get a haircut, he's going soft

And hes been caught a couple of times already, uh oh.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

AJ is looking real bad here....

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

Povetkin is winning; AJ fighting a very dumb fight here.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Povetkin is winning; AJ fighting a very dumb fight here.

I got AJ up 3 to 2?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Kinda weird theyíre only showing povetkinís corner between rounds

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

Povetkin is done

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

drat AJ

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage

Grimey Drawer

OH poo poo

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Phwoar

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Sorry I missed what was apparently a good start, but I came on during the 6th and saw something memorable in the 7th.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

I had Povetkin up 4-2 (same as Dan Rafaelís card) at the time of the stoppage. Good that AJ got the stoppage for the heavyweight divisionís sake, but he looked very vulnerable here.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Thank goodness.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

PLEASE WORK OUT

Obviously AJ was troubled I don't think it was a total whitewash like I'm seeing on the reddit thread. Povetkin looked really gassed after 5 and-hindsight I know-I feel like you could've seen this coming after Joshua put in really good work in the 6th.

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

AJ fought like the plan was to let him gas and then pounce, which isnít a bad plan tbh

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

AJ fought like the plan was to let him gas and then pounce, which isnít a bad plan tbh

Well yea, but its risky as hell what with that heavy weight power that barely missed, if not landed a couple of times, particularly in that first round. Scary stuff.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Fun fight to watch

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

shame Povetkin isn't a few years younger, he's a stylistic nightmare for both Joshua and Wilder (as in, he can actually box)

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

That was fun to watch. First time I've seen Joshua look scared in the ring. Good mental strength to pull it back together. Sky sports commentary was fine but so repetitive. They must have called Povetkin a 'threat' at least 20,000 times.

balancedbias
May 1, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

Watching the GGG-Canelo rematch replay...you guys are awesome, but really it was a close fight. Golovkin had some dominant late rounds, but it's not like they were 10-8. The stylistic mixup causes too much dissonance. Why is GGG the persistent jabber? Why is Alvarez the forward fighter? Since when does the fighter landing more body punches get gassed late? The only obvious missed call was ANYONE that gave round 12 to Canelo. That's the one bullshit point I have. Overall 7-5 GGG but nah, I can't say it's a robbery. The ebb and flow reminded me of Hopkins-Taylor and Holmes-Spinks. There is no consensus on scoring.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

It's only not a robbery if you ignore the context of the first fight, the events leading up to the second fight, Canelo's whole career and the economics of boxing. GGG got hustled out of his belts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

you donít have to have a bunch of 10-8s for it to be the wrong decision. golovkin won more rounds so shouldíve won is what it boils down to

«86 »