Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«90 »
MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

https://twitter.com/Nacion_ESPN/sta...942714554630144

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 19, 2007

I hope that dude is getting some big workers comp.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

Cigar Aficionado posted:

I can't get much info on the African guy at all, including his height. He may be 5'7 though, which is no good against the 6'1, fast and athletic Andrade. The guy is undefeated and seems to have big power, so he may be a live dog, but he's fought nobody outside of Africa, taking the fight on very short notice, and is basically a total enigma. I don't like his chances unless he's some sort of Ricardo Mayorga dark-horse.

So the sketchy African website I read that said Kautondokwa was 5'7 was wrong, according to the weigh in today, the African is 6'2, maybe even 6'3 - he's taller than Andrade, who's usually the taller fighter if all of his fights. This combined with Kautondokwa's power makes this an intriguing fight to me now. Kautondokwa has a legit puncher's chance if he's anywhere close to a world class fighter (still remains to be seen).

MMM Whatchya Say
Aug 10, 2011

This doesn't taste like anything you've licked before

Andrade is exactly the type of guy who would basically beat himself against some completely unknown fighter, if you're the betting type, this could be a fun one to drop for 7/1 odds

MMM Whatchya Say fucked around with this message at Oct 19, 2018 around 23:49

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

PLEASE WORK OUT

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Andrade is exactly the type of guy who would basically beat himself against some completely unknown fighter, if you're the betting type, this could be a fun one to drop for 7/1 odds

Andrade losing to a (more or less) random African fighter would be kinda depressing for me. He's been one of the top prospects all the way back since he was beating Danny Jacobs in the amateur and became a two time national Golden Gloves champion. Despite all of the political poo poo which he's self-inflicted or has happened to him if he can't get this strap when literally everything has gone his way before the fight would be a huge disappointment-to me, someone who really wants this sport to take off in America-to see perhaps the best of that generation of American amateurs of the last decade fail so spectacularly.

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at Oct 20, 2018 around 00:42

MMM Whatchya Say
Aug 10, 2011

Conversely, imagine how great it would be to see some unknown Namibian guy who was probably fighting on hardwood for peanuts like 2 years ago get a fluke chance at a world level fight and then, despite coming in as a late replacement opponent, excel in his first chance at greatness. Seriously, Walter Kautondokwa said in an interview that he thinks god himself set this fight up so he could succeed. He thinks this chance is so good its divine will and it's a late notice fight on another guy's home turf that everybody thinks he'll lose. Kautondokwa can, more or less, secure himself a legacy with one punch here and if you don't think that'd be amazing I'm sure why you're into boxing.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

With this guy and Indongo I think there must be a Namibian Frank Warren out there that's tight with the WBO

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Nap Ghost

Did Katie Taylor not make the broadcast or did I miss it?

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

PLEASE WORK OUT

The face I made my MMM Whatchya Say questioned my boxing fandom

Can't question Tevin Farmer though. The time seems right for the Gervonta Davis fight.

MMM Whatchya Say
Aug 10, 2011

look, this sport is grounded in unknown guys coming from overseas and knocking out hometown favourites, okay

MMM Whatchya Say
Aug 10, 2011

I would have also been fine with him winning by DQ when Andrade late hit him

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Nap Ghost

This fight is loving bad

MMM Whatchya Say
Aug 10, 2011

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

This fight is loving bad

The Murata fight, by contrast, was very good.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Nap Ghost

Andrede looks like rear end. Dominate 4? rounds, lazily cruise control the rest cool good look

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Nap Ghost

I'm only watching in the hopes andrede gets ko'd but I guess that's probably true of everyone watching

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

So Kautondokwa is obviously not world class, but Andrade was boring as hell in their fight, which isn't going to help him any. At least he has the WBO strap now, but he's basically cemented himself now as an Erislandy Lara-style high risk/little reward type of fight for anyone. Don't see him getting a fight with either Canelo or GGG anytime soon.

MMM Whatchya Say
Aug 10, 2011

He’s with DAZN and has the only middleweight belt Canelo doesn’t have, I think there’s a good chance he gets Canelo eventually, provides he holds onto the belt.

In the mean time I imagine Saunders is going to try challenging him.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

He’s with DAZN and has the only middleweight belt Canelo doesn’t have, I think there’s a good chance he gets Canelo eventually, provides he holds onto the belt.

In the mean time I imagine Saunders is going to try challenging him.

Maybe at some point, but I envision Canelo’s 2019 involving fights with David Lemieux and then a third GGG fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMM Whatchya Say
Aug 10, 2011

If Andrade fights Saunders and the winner of Jacobs-Derevyanchenko in the mean time that would sufficiently build the fight between Canelo and whoever ends up with the belt at the end of all that

«90 »