Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This is loving terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

why is this honestly still a thing. why does everybody use the american national anthem as a singing exercise

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

free eh eh eh he he he eh he eh eh he eeeeeeee

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

thehappyprince posted:

if manny can’t stop broner here there’s zero worth in a floyd rematch

[customary call to ban national anthems at boxing events]

Nobody's stopped Broner yet so it'd be a good accomplishment for Manny if he does pull it off.

On the other hand if Broner does stop Manny imagine how huge and how dumb Mayweather-Broner will be.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Eye of the Tiger gets me hyped up every time. WAR MANNY

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Hi this is my second boxing fight ever please excuse the incoming hot takes thnx

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

thehappyprince posted:

ban national anthems at boxing events

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Shadow225 posted:

Hi this is my second boxing fight ever please excuse the incoming hot takes thnx

This is boxing, all the takes are hot here.

Feel free to join us on discord
https://discord.gg/9J7XVG

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

yeah baby yeah come on

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Well if there was any doubt as to who the crowd was supporting, it's definitely Manny lol

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

The Ninth Layer posted:

Well if there was any doubt as to who the crowd was supporting, it's definitely Manny lol

weird when broner is one of boxing’s biggest draws apparently

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

thehappyprince posted:

weird when broner is one of boxing’s biggest draws apparently

i like watching broner because he's a pretty despicable person but unlike other hateable stars has the decency to lose brutally occasionally.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
also broner does not look small in there.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

5-1 Manny so far.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

floyd’s eyes lighting up with dollar signs right now

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

Marching Powder posted:

also broner does not look small in there.

Pacquiao is a tiny welterweight.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

thehappyprince posted:

Heck, this one's not over yet and I'm already thinking about how this Manny would do against Floyd.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Pacquiao is a tiny welterweight.

correct

thehappyprince posted:

yeah another manny fight with manny looking this impotent would be the bests risk / reward move now that japan has run out of tiny teenage virgins to sacrifice

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'll say this, it'd be a very different fight if Broner could counter worth a drat.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

manny just does not have power any more

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

why am i watching this trash fight

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

lol i forgot that there are people paying $75 for this. hahahaha

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

manny’s feet are so much slower nowadays. i feel like this is the big difference

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
did broner just say "i won a round right?"

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

holy poo poo those punch stats. broner landing on average like ~3 punches a round. foh

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

This was an embarrassing performance for Broner. The biggest fight of his life, and he didn't show up for it.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

dunno how 2 judges found 4 rounds from broner tbh but what you gonna do

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

"they ain't gonna cheat me today" gently caress off, broner.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol terrible scores

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'm really curious to discover which three or four rounds the judges awarded to Broner. Like I gave him the fourth out of pity and maybe could see him winning the sixth.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

This was an embarrassing performance for Broner. The biggest fight of his life, and he didn't show up for it.

Broner sucks rear end

Floyd wannabe without the talent

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

it's the self-awareness of everyone involved that makes me really appreciate boxing as a sport.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

whenever people talk about "fights that ruin careers" everyone thinks of poo poo like Meldrick Taylor vs JCC Sr, but honestly Broner vs Maidana was bigger than that. AB came in as the next big American thing, the new Floyd with more personality to boot...and got run straight out of the ring by Chino. you can see he's never recovered.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

For that we will always owe Maidana a debt of gratitude. Imagine how obnoxious Broner would be with any real degree of success backing him up.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Broner loopy and hugging the bottom rope while “ABOUT BILLIONS” is in obnoxiously large gold letters on his belt line is a favorite memory of mine

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

sportsgenius86 posted:

Broner loopy and hugging the bottom rope while “ABOUT BILLIONS” is in obnoxiously large gold letters on his belt line is a favorite memory of mine

i would just like to point out to every prize fighter on the planet earth the importance of a personality. broner sucks rear end, has lost repeatedly and looked really bad doing it including being outworked by a 90 year old man 3:1. he is a multiple felon and woman beater who is also occasionally suicidal. and he will STILL be booked for high profile fights because he has a personality.

take a loving improv class or something down the community college

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
:eyepop:

https://twitter.com/chr1s22_/status/1086884518227673088

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

Broner sucks rear end

Floyd wannabe without the talent

I liked when someone called him "dollar store Mayweather" once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
Broner needs to go back to 140 immediately and stay there, but he won’t because he’s a loving idiot. The good news is this means we’ll get to watch him catch a few more beatings.