Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slaine
Feb 26, 2001
Benavidez's right hand is so accurate, but it's not enough. Crawford is landing 3-4 power punches before he finally counters with 1 or 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Benavidez has grabbed at his rear end like twenty times in this fight, and it's weirding me out. He just reaches back, yanks the shorts up a little and then goes back to work. Just tell your corner to fix your pants already

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Benavidez took 6 off or something, needs to get more output in

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Lol at ward giving Rd 6 a 10-10

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Slaine posted:

Benavidez's right hand is so accurate, but it's not enough. Crawford is landing 3-4 power punches before he finally counters with 1 or 2.

Crawford was having serious issues passing both the jab and straight right in 1-5

Those punches are still there but Benavidez isn't taking them any more

Looks like a mental break / confidence loss to me, corner needs to get him pissed off again

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Benavidez doing more short tugging and head shaking than punching

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

Benavidez doing more short tugging and head shaking than punching

Yeah

He's way off the path

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Hoping one of these dropped guards ends up a ko :pray:

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

If Benavidez gets kod it'll be getting swarmed on the ropes

He drops his hands to draw punches so he can land his body hooks, he's very savvy about it and does it in every fight

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer
gently caress ANDRE WARD

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Crawford is being tyrannical with his lead foot positioning, it's practically glued to the outside edge of Benavidez lead for the last two rounds and this one

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

raton posted:

If Benavidez gets kod it'll be getting swarmed on the ropes

He drops his hands to draw punches so he can land his body hooks, he's very savvy about it and does it in every fight

Yeah, still not entirely without risks though

That ropes poo poo was dumb

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Being 100% focused on single counter shots is not a good way to win rounds against pound for pound contenders

Benavidez needed way more output, got swarmed down

It's a shame, otherwise this was a very competitive fight

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

Yeah, still not entirely without risks though

That ropes poo poo was dumb

He does that in a lot of his fights too, he's atrocious when backed into the ropes, just looks to land his big body hook to get out of it, no movement or any other output once there

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Didn't think the knockout was going to come for a while there.

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer
OH poo poo, GOOD SHOT FROM CRAWFORD

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

That was a pretty drat good fight right there.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Good uppercut obv, very creative to pull that out in 12 after basically not using it the whole fight

Stoppage was early but he was getting swarmed on the ropes so probably the whole rest of the round would have looked like that anyway

Slaine
Feb 26, 2001

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

The boxing gods were listening. Seconds after him shaking his head yet again.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Nice finish

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

a good fight

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Enos Cabell posted:

That was a pretty drat good fight right there.

I think Crawford had a lot of challenges to overcome there, Benavidez did much better than expected but could have made this very close if he had found more output and was more insistent with just keeping the jab and straight right in Crawford's face

Crawford has a lot of monsters ahead of him to work through in this division

Spence

Garcia

Those are gonna be loving monster fights if they happen

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

So take me back, back to better days
Cause this time between is wasting me away
Bud finished the show. Didn't think he was. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

raton posted:

I think Crawford had a lot of challenges to overcome there, Benavidez did much better than expected but could have made this very close if he had found more output and was more insistent with just keeping the jab and straight right in Crawford's face

Crawford has a lot of monsters ahead of him to work through in this division

Spence

Garcia

Those are gonna be loving monster fights if they happen

Spence is a TGB (previously Goossen-Tutor) fighter and given that Andre Ward (who was G-T all through this career) is now allied with TR/ESPN I think that match will happen sooner rather than later.

Which is a good thing.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
That's going to be a vicious fight, Spence is a lot stronger and an ace fighter but his mind isn't an iron fortress like Crawford's is

I don't know if Crawford is going to be able to try at belts across four divisions given his age and how much there is to go through in this division. It's a shame because if you cross that line you're an undeniable all time champ

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Also I always like the fighter commentator the best by a mile, but even among those I think Ward does a great job. He's also way less partial than most of the guys doing the same thing from the same background.

I hope the two broadcaster guys Showtime has doing the Dick and Harry routine get choked to death with a strap

Lampley is good, Kellerman gets fixated on stupid poo poo all the time but is okay, Lederer hates black guys but he doesn't score like he does so who cares, Roy Jones is a little stupid and can be a real bootlicker for the favorite, George Foreman kicks back as much as he can but does good when he can be bothered.

raton fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Oct 14, 2018

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Fighters are really hit and or miss as commentators and even the good ones usually need a broadcaster to play off of properly. I hope Kellerman goes to ESPN or whatever and also chills out a bit. He was imo the best commentator in the game like 3 years ago but it seems like recently he's been weirder about a lot of stuff. He's still my personal favourite commentator though and I'll definitely miss the HBO team.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
The broadcasters need a broadcaster to play off of too othewise we got some kinda poo poo lets play

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

also they need to never again act like it's a baseball game with a score everyone can see and interview a cornerman during a fight

"so it looked like the other guy took the last round handily, what's your thoughts on that?"

"I dunno what fight you were looking at, our guy is in control here."

that was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

raton posted:

The broadcasters need a broadcaster to play off of too othewise we got some kinda poo poo lets play

Sure, I just mean that broadcasters generally know how to control the pace of the commentary. I think Roy Jones Jr, Andre Ward and Paulie in the booth together would struggle, even though they are all decent to excellent commentators in their own right.

I actually want to hear that commentary team now that I've imagined it some maybe I am wrong.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
I just wish Tim Bradley would stop yelling

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Also when Krigel said that "no father in recent memory has sired two champions" did he really forget about Jermell/Jermall Charlo, Vitali/Wladimir Klitschko, Rafael/Juan Manuel Marquez, Robert/Mikey Garcia and a few others I'm sure I am forgetting. They seriously got rid of Teddy Atlas for this joker.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Sure, I just mean that broadcasters generally know how to control the pace of the commentary. I think Roy Jones Jr, Andre Ward and Paulie in the booth together would struggle, even though they are all decent to excellent commentators in their own right.

I actually want to hear that commentary team now that I've imagined it some maybe I am wrong.

I think the formula of one color commentator, one blow by blow guy, and one actual fighter works for a reason but really it's just background noise until the actual figter says something worth hearing.

It'd be interesting to see like a panel format with three fighters and one commentator there just to keep the chatter going but the product would be a lot more uneven for sure.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Canelo is officially in Da Zone starting with the Rocky Fielding fight. Huge coup for Eddie and Days Inn.

https://www.boxingscene.com/dazn-stream-canelo-fielding-card-future-canelo-fights--132806

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

The SituAsian posted:

Canelo is officially in Da Zone starting with the Rocky Fielding fight. Huge coup for Eddie and Days Inn.

https://www.boxingscene.com/dazn-stream-canelo-fielding-card-future-canelo-fights--132806

Sounds like it's more than a 1 fight deal, which means that (for now) Dazn has the two biggest box office draws by far, Canelo and Joshua, under their umbrella. Huge coup indeed.

They also have Usyk and the WBSS tournaments, which is nice. They just need a real broadcast team and they'll really be set.

madey
Sep 17, 2007

I saved the Olympics singlehandedly
Looks like Golden Boy and DAZN may have bypassed Eddie on this one.

Might be a bit worrying for matchroom as their american cards do not offer that much at the moment and may be considered a dead weight to the brand. Great deal for fans though as far as I can tell, WBSS, Matchroom uk/usa, and goldenboy for $10 a month. I think I pay about £30 a month for sky+BT to get similar (plus ppvs!).

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

madey posted:

Looks like Golden Boy and DAZN may have bypassed Eddie on this one.

Might be a bit worrying for matchroom as their american cards do not offer that much at the moment and may be considered a dead weight to the brand. Great deal for fans though as far as I can tell, WBSS, Matchroom uk/usa, and goldenboy for $10 a month. I think I pay about £30 a month for sky+BT to get similar (plus ppvs!).

True enough as Golden Boy's deal-which will pay Canelo a whopping guaranteed $365 million for 11 fights over 5 years is with Da Zone directly. Matchroom definitely will benefit too since it puts more subscribers on the platform and gives Danny Jacobs and Demetrius Andrade chances at Canelo without having to switch networks.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/25003974/canelo-alvarez-signs-5-year-11-fight-deal-worth-365-million-dazn

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Change thread title to "In with the Boo-Boo" if Andrade wins this weekend imo

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Pacquiao alleged to fight Broner in the second or third saturday of January, which is pretty funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
So that "more than 1 fight" deal for Canelo is actually a 5 year, 11 fight deal worth at least $365 million dollars. Goddamn.