Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

thehappyprince posted:

joshua struggled with parker and takam. i wouldn’t write usyk off tbh

Yeah out of Joshua, Wilder and fury I'd give usyk the best chance against Joshua. Though he should be a solid underdog in all of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
I wouldn't rule out anyone who can actually move and punch against any of this crop of heavyweights, except for huge height disparities. None of these big guys have showed great chin or ability to withstand sustained, well target assault. I don't know if Usyk is the one to do it, but I think the possibilities are way open.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004

Skip My Posts posted:

He’s right lol

I'm sorry me saying a thing is bad is a personal assault on you.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

There are early, yet vague reports that Stevenson has woken up from coma, but the right side of his body is paralyzed. His family has been quiet still while the situation becomes more clear, but I would expect a more official update in the coming day.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

also lol at the dude who has spent most of his posts in this thread talking about one fight he really hates

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Gozinbulx posted:

I'm sorry me saying a thing is bad is a personal assault on you.

if you are either unable or unwilling to articulate your thoughts on boxing and intend to spend your time here simply being a tedious contrarian can you please just go away?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

There are early, yet vague reports that Stevenson has woken up from coma, but the right side of his body is paralyzed. His family has been quiet still while the situation becomes more clear, but I would expect a more official update in the coming day.

i hope he has woken up and i hope his brain is ok (relatively)

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
The only motherfuckers making this thread about my opinion is you loving babies lmao, I made 2 posts about it.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Gozinbulx posted:

The only motherfuckers making this thread about my opinion is you loving babies lmao, I made 2 posts about it.

nobody is saying or insinuating this. we are just asking you to use your words and discuss boxing like an adult person capable of such a feat or to gently caress off.

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
ive just picked up the sport this year and have been training for just 6 months but still have no clue about the professional scene, are there any good sources you guys can recommend for me to educate myself?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Gozinbulx posted:

we're laughing at you

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004

swimsuit posted:

ive just picked up the sport this year and have been training for just 6 months but still have no clue about the professional scene, are there any good sources you guys can recommend for me to educate myself?

To watch fights? YouTube and daily motion have a bunch. To get a grip on who's who I'd suggest just trawling the top 10 lists at boxrec.com, the most complete record of professional boxing there is.

There's a good site called AllTheBestFights.com that posts new fights as they happen and even gives a star rating for if it's really worth your time to watch. They gave Wilder Fury 4 stars lol but generally anything 3 or above is worth watching.

I'd say watch full fights instead of highlights and clip reels, boxing is very much about what happens in between the exciting bits as much as the action itself.

Anything in particular you want to know more about?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

swimsuit posted:

The 3rd post of the OP is good.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3807856&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post468841963

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

also lol at the dude who has spent most of his posts in this thread talking about one fight he really hates

I've never seen anyone troll the Boxing subforum thread before.

The very last super-relevant fight of 2018 happens this Saturday in Whyte/Chisora. I hope Chisora wins to spoil the potential Joshua/Whyte rematch planned for April.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
I don't know about relevance but Frampton v Warrington is prolly gonna be a scorcher m8 don't miss it.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
I always knew Amir Khan was a complete poo poo, but this kind of proves it.

https://www.boxingscene.com/amir-khan-if-brook-real-man-he-admit-hes-gay--134744

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004

willie_dee posted:

https://www.boxingscene.com/amir-khan-if-brook-real-man-he-admit-hes-gay--134744

Was gonna post this. What a loving shithead. I hope he never fights again, glass jawed moron.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
If he’s gay he should admit it. Nothin wrong with it. Be who you are. Same goes for you Willie

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

Skip My Posts posted:

If he’s gay he should admit it. Nothin wrong with it. Be who you are. Same goes for you Willie

No, others’ sexuality is nobodies business.

Khan really is a scumbag. I expect an apology but his career has been riddled with questionable statements, not to mention questionable strategic decisions inside the ring. Ultimately he’s just not a smart person. I look forward to seeing him get knocked out, whoever he fights next.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Khan really is a scumbag. I expect an apology but his career has been riddled with questionable statements, not to mention questionable strategic decisions inside the ring. Ultimately he’s just not a smart person. I look forward to seeing him get knocked out, whoever he fights next.

Khan is a dick head day to day as well, very few people have ever had a nice time with him. I think a lot of girls have abusive text messages from him when they have dared turn him down, and the fan interaction stories are horrific. He is also running out of money quite quickly apparently so needs to make money fast to keep up with a lifestyle that has over taken him apparently.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

willie_dee posted:

why the gently caress are comments enabled on this

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

willie_dee posted:

agree that khan is a turd for this, but this is weird coming from the guy that spent years insisting gsp is gay

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

LobsterMobster posted:

agree that khan is a turd for this, but this is weird coming from the guy that spent years insisting gsp is gay

weird that he's projecting that onto fighters

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

LobsterMobster posted:

That was an ill thought out gimmick that did not work as well as my initial one.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Fighter of the year: Usyk (by miles)

Fight of the year: Canelo-GGG II

Round of the year: Alex Saucedo-Lenny Zappavigna Round 4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5LDEIDMsSI

Prospect of the year: Teofimo Lopez

KO of the year: Naoya Inoue KO 1 Juan Carlos Payano
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsvverU6Fvs

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Dec 21, 2018

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Most cathartic knock down?

https://twitter.com/ryansongalia/status/984637072534396929

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

That was in april mate

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Of the year. I've seen it before

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I do love Bandido, that fight also made the Danny Garcia knockout of Salka much more pleasing as well.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I think i'm going to watch chisora whyte 2 this evening

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I think i'm going to watch chisora whyte 2 this evening

is it PPV or on regular tv?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Jose posted:

is it PPV or on regular tv?

it's on acestream OP

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
Lol if you're only watching one of the British cards.

Gozinbulx fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Dec 22, 2018

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

it's on acestream OP

got a link i'd ask for a pm but you don't have plat

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

nice rig

has anyone made as much money for as little work as michael buffer? he's a hero

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

well this was fast

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Jose posted:

got a link i'd ask for a pm but you don't have plat

1ce704f5b4eb8804d1ff9aba1d5f4ca93941745d

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

no joy but i found a stream. cheers though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Jose posted:

no joy but i found a stream. cheers though

pretty far behind, quinlan's only just gone down

3 1st round stoppages from buatsi