Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evang
Nov 1, 2000

No Beezer, no Mellanby, but it's still Year of the Rat!
Was poking around for the first time in ages and happy to find this thread for sweet science fans. Lomachenko fights Jason Sosa this Saturday; doesn't sound like much on paper but Sosa is a decent test while VL works his way up to 135. Mikey Garcia already said he's willing to delay a move to 140 to wait for VL to come up, which would be a real cracker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evang
Nov 1, 2000

balancedbias posted:

*Sigh* Guess I'm gonna be the one to say that I doubt Crawford stays at 140 long enough for that fight to happen.

I'll go cry myself to sleep now.

Bud is on his way to 147 before Loma gets anywhere near him. They're just too different in size to realistically match up, although it's fun to think and talk about.

So VL looked unworldy and made a solid B fighter(Sosa) appear like he had no business being inside the building, let alone the ring. Let's see if he can do that against someone with heavier fists and better skills.

Also after the SituAsian pointed out it out, I hadn't given Linares enough respect at 135, who will be a drat stern test for Garcia. Logic dictates the winner of that eventual scrap will be waiting to see if VL walks down the crowd at 130 and moves up for a potential PPV co-liner of some sort. Rest of this year (and 2018) seems like it's got plenty of action waiting....

Evang
Nov 1, 2000

ozymandius1024 posted:

You mean like Nicholas Walters?

So that was one. Sosa isn't and wasn't on Walters' level. It might be that there's nobody at 130 who can do that, don't know yet.

Evang
Nov 1, 2000

Berchelt and Miura agreed to fight this summer, probably at Stubhub Center or the Forum. Loma getting the winner would be pretty ok, yeah?