Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

OP says you're not sure who is showing AJ vs Klitschko, so just to clarify on one count: Sky definitely have the PPV rights over here in the UK. They've been promoting the PPV since the day it was announced every time boxing is mentioned, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I remember watching Mundine vs Shane Mosley live and I wish I couldn't.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

:lol: at the ref counting. He was having a kip, pal.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Monday Bandele posted:

Probably because most posters are grim northern Englishmen. Same reason why MMA threads are written in an internet sperglord style.

I've never made a thread but al av thi know that it'd be written in an internet sperglord - unfunny version style.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Someone made a good post on imgur, shocking I know, about Lomachenko vs Walters

http://imgur.com/gallery/LPkuo

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Jose posted:

Is this fight really big enough to be ppv instead of just on sky sports

Sky have been putting some real stinkers on PPV recently, particularly recent Joshua can crushes, not too surprising that Haye Bellew is there even if the fight's not especially that interesting of a contest or meaningful.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I know I just said that about Sky putting stinkers on PPV above, but I can't see them putting Brook on PPV either.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Something else will pop up if they find the money probably. Khan will get an hang nail, Pacquiao will realise there are gay people in the country the fight would be in and refuse to go, something else.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Was browsing YouTube earlier and an official HQ upload of Canelo vs Khan popped up. (Unable to say if this is geolocked anywhere, isn't in England)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPtux9fl_mg

roughly 25:00 for the kill shot.
Still a beauty.

e:
I'm pretty sure that if you asked Sky Sports or the BBC for a all time top 10 heavyweight list, it'd take all their strength to not put Anthony Joshua on it at the moment.

e2: noticed my time suggestion is after the punch.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Mar 28, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The time stamp I said earlier for Canelo Khan was after the fact so I've fixed it

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If beating Klitschko is climbing Everest, beating Klitschko in 2017 is like taking an helicopter ride up the first 70% of the mountain. It'd still be pretty drat impressive if you did it, but it's not what it could have been.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He's still a big name and even if his reflexes are gone and he's utter shite now, he's not going to lose his boxing mind. He's still a decent scalp for that alone, even if he's just definitely not going to be the best Klitschko he could possibly ever be.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Lionel Richie posted:

Reflexes? It's Wladimir Klitschko mate not Pernell Whitaker. The Fury fight was identical to every fight he's fought for the past 10 years, it just didn't work against someone a bit bigger and with a better gameplan than the puddings he'd got used to walking over. Incidentally I think he's got great odds for this.

Just because he's always been a big slow dude doesn't mean he doesn't rely on reflex.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Lionel Richie posted:

Just because he lost one doesn't mean he's "utter shite" all of a sudden either. If Joshua wins it's legit.

Even if signifies an hypothetical.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Glad it delivered after a solid half year of hyping up. Good poo poo.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Same eye as before with Brook, right?
He's going to be real worried about that in future if so.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ah right.

Thinking about it, having the other one break too might be a bigger mental setback than having the same one go again. Either way, I'd probably consider retirement if I were him, unless a big money fight against Amir Khan can be made. He doesn't have anything to prove, imo.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Jose posted:

I'd love to see him knock out khan

:same:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Joshua vs Klitschko 2 is happening, it seems.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's being made on the condition that the winner fights the mandatory challenger (there's a special exemption for Wlad in play according to Sky Sports News) so Fury is in a queue until they get another exemption or the winner drops the belt to fight him.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The Ninth Layer posted:

This is an actual image made by someone at boxingscene. You could have done much worse.

:lol:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The SituAsian posted:

Fun fact: Before becoming a pro boxer Jeff Horn was a teacher.

Not so fun fact: He is laying on the school analogies way too thick. Hope Pacquiao can ring his bell :rimshot:

https://www.badlefthook.com/2017/6/29/15893264/horn-irked-by-pacquiaos-texting-during-press-conference

He's probably going to tell him to go sit in the corner between rounds and Pacman will be all "yeah, i know???"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Tyson Fury should open a restaurant

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

they call that fighting in the next weight up, iirc

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

thought his shirt was fred flintstone cosplay for a moment

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think GGG will put a stamp on it and hit Canelo so hard that Amir Khan gets knocked out again.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41330470

Glad they banned this Floyd Mayweather ad before anyone got to see it a month ago

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I know nothing about Takam.

Does he have a realistic chance of beating Joshua? Outside of one punch ending it that is, knockouts are big boys after all.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

No chance in hell of Eddie Hearn putting his golden goose in danger.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

willie_dee posted:

He put Tony Bellew in against a very dangerous heavy weight in David Haye, and it was an amazing fight.

I said golden goose not spray painted pigeon

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I mean, you can't fault the message but why's he sound like he's 89

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bellew vs Haye 2 is off because Haye gave himself a boo boo training on the stairs

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bellew wants to fight Tyson Fury and Hearn says they're talking to make it happen.

That size difference will be obscene.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ozymandius1024 posted:

Lomachenko/Rigondeaux is next weekend on ESPN.

oh poo poo forgot about this

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This conor benn fight on sky sports hd mix right now is pretty good, taking a battering at the moment.

e: yeah a very nice 6 rounder. think benn's getting a hometown decision though.

e2: yep, three points to benn, it was two knockdowns each, two knockdowns in round 1 against benn and two knockdowns in two rounds for the french man i don't know his name. really bad decision, shame really.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Dec 13, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He's going to tear his tricep pulling his wheelie-bin to the kerb.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

All of those are blocked in the UK.

:negative:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ZenMate is all the way over like 2 button presses away.

I like good boxing but I like laziness more.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Who gives a poo poo about any fight of Amir Khan's that isn't against Kell Brook which is maybe a 3/10 on the interest scale in the year 2018.

The SituAsian posted:

Well that's one way to announce a fight

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bei_dKjFf-z/

Especially when this beastly rematch gets announced at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Jose posted:

i thought i read someone posting that groves would win on points and now i can't find it :psyduck:

just pop the shoulder back in and stop using that arm imo though

I didn't post because I had no idea this fight was happening until Thursday this week and it's easy to say this now the fights happened but as soon as I saw that the fight was happening, I thought Groves would win on points pretty comfortably. Seemed obvious to me.