Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

david carmichael posted:

So is ward gonna fight again or what? Is he gonna fight krusher, or anyone, or just sorta hang out for awhile again

I thought he and kovalev were supposed to rematch this summer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Speaking of Andre Ward, the Kovalev rematch is allegedly set for June 17th.

In other light heavyweight news Badou Jack might fight Nathan Cleverly

That's cool but I hope they don't try to put the rematch on PPV.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Lionel Richie posted:

I suppose Kovalev was always the intriguing part of the first fight, and now he's lost some of that air of invincibility. Ward is just Ward, as boringly excellent as Floyd without any of the star power.

I thought they were fighting in July. It will be a good fight but shouldn't be on ppv. I'd be shocked if it does over 125k buys.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

CommonShore posted:

I wonder if the May-Mac is somehow responsible for the parade of good bookings. Maybe freak show inspired shamed boxers and promoters to stop loving around and make the good fights so that the freak shows don't have a chance to steal the spotlight.

e. fixed.

Maybe boxers and promoters have finally figured out they should put on fights that people want to see if they're ever going to get Americans to care about boxing again.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Assuming Joshua wins there’s no other fight to make but Joshua vs. wilder.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
The rematch was never going to happen after Canelo popped. Sending him in the ring with GGG without his special sauce is like sending a lamb to slaughter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
The bronze bomber is going to wreck fury then aj