Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

CS is epic with 300 ping because it's like in the movies where the bullets have travel time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The other thing that's really cool is shooting someone with a pistol near a wall because it's like the scene in The Derparted when Leo dies.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i once grouped up with a friend who was in europe and we did a world tour of cs matchmaking and its still one of the best nights gaming ive ever had

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

[drunkenly with 300 ping] everyone listen to this epic plan, theres no way it can fail

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

trying to jack off posted:

[drunkenly with 300 ping] everyone listen to this epic plan, theres no way it can fail

Lmao

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

who remembers counter strike on the original xbox

BipolarAurora
Jan 1, 2013

[pistol that dont reg shots at 200+ ping]
every time i go into a halo ce server i swear to god :argh:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HppIgbYamzw

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

me when the shottie's a bonus weapon in tdm

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
My Mag 7 Face

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Wormskull posted:

CS is epic with 300 ping because it's like in the movies where the bullets have travel time.

check out modern warfare its all 128 player instant respawn servers and completely full of iraqi and pakistani teens you can rack up like 40+ killstreaks so easy lol

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

hahaha so good

Speaking of CSGO, have they added any new maps, etc? I played a few hundred hours ages ago, but I haven't played it in at least a year now (Mostly just been playing R6: Siege, if anything)

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

no one wants new maps in counter strike

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

no one wants new maps in counter strike

Eh, I dunno. I get that there is just one set of really tight maps that everyone (myself included) loves, but a bit of variety is still good, if the map(s) design is good. Wasn't there a semi-decent/not-complete-dog-poo poo map released a while back - cache maybe? I can't remember any of the new map names now.

EDIT: Also, what's up with everyone having new icons on SA instead of the default premium 'nade? (I knew there were some that were given to people like the pill one, but that was ages ago)

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Feb 2, 2017

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Major Isoor posted:

Eh, I dunno. I get that there is just one set of really tight maps that everyone (myself included) loves, but a bit of variety is still good, if the map(s) design is good. Wasn't there a semi-decent/not-complete-dog-poo poo map released a while back - cache maybe? I can't remember any of the new map names now.

EDIT: Also, what's up with everyone having new icons on SA instead of the default premium 'nade? (I knew there were some that were given to people like the pill one, but that was ages ago)

cache is in active rotation and it was used in competition source 7 years ago. cs players fear change

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

when i bother to fix my pc ill play cs with any australian imp zone posters and completely dominate even though i havent used a mouse to aim in an fps since like september

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

We should get all 6 IZ posters together and do a night of action half life

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

cs players fear change
unless they're on pro teams, then they switch players out whenever they feel like it

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

When I last played this 2 years ago they had a bunch of new call of duty-looking maps on this Operation Cloudworld or whatever thing where you did missions, and you paid for the thing to be able to use the maps, and now you have to download the maps from the steam workshop.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Wormskull posted:

The other thing that's really cool is shooting someone with a pistol near a wall because it's like the scene in Burn After Reading when Brad dies.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

*begins to heavily consider actually fixing my pc instead of talking about it*

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm hopefully going to be up and running by next Tuesday or Wednesday. It's time to game

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

It's amazing how bad I am at PC shooters but CS looks kinda cool. I'm permanently contarded from years of call of duty on the ps3

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

A cool drat horse posted:

It's amazing how bad I am at PC shooters but CS looks kinda cool. I'm permanently contarded from years of call of duty on the ps3

just buy a p90 every round, someone will die to it eventually

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

the original mod, or the update in the HL2 engine?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A cool drat horse posted:

CS is probably not as good aim reliant as Quake or something. Anyway you'll eventually end up playing people who suck too so nbd

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lmao Larry got a name change too

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
anyway, i would love to play AHL again. i'm sure i'm dogshit at it, since i haven't played an FPS competitively in over a year.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I would think whichever is easier to get working. I dont think ive ever played the HL2 engine version.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

I would think whichever is easier to get working. I dont think ive ever played the HL2 engine version.

i played it once, and it seemed fairly similar, but didn't have the same maps. the hondo maps are one of the best parts of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

THe 5 Step Process for a Fuckawesome Saturday Night

Step 1) Install Half-Life
Step 2) Download Action Half-Life:DC RC2 from http://actionfiles.net/zenwebs/ActionHalf-Life/files.htm and install to the Half Life Directory
Step 3) Restart Steam
Step 4) Purchase a 6 pack of your favorite IPA
Step 5) Join the Workaholics!!! The Rape Van server that plays Hammertime on loop

Lets do this Pimps.

• Locked thread