Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

a.lo posted:

should i watch raw?

nah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

schweens posted:

Check the scoreboard. Rumble Winners

Just because you won doesn't mean you're not a loser! Team Whatever Team I Am On Next Year will get you next year!

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Raw is in a super weird place now and I legit have no idea what they are gonna do going into Mania so a lot of potentially interesting things could happen.

But it's still Raw so they'll probably be bad.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/GuyInGreenWWE/status/825929565948243968

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

haha what?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Awesome!

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

explain to me for sure whats happening here because if it's what I think it is...

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

explain to me for sure whats happening here because if it's what I think it is...

Since the ramp was like a mile loving long they had a guy with a cart drive the bigger guys closer to the ring so they didn't get blown up/take forever just getting there

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

StarkRavingMad posted:

Since the ramp was like a mile loving long they had a guy with a cart drive the bigger guys closer to the ring so they didn't get blown up/take forever just getting there

Pretty sure Big E just said "I'm riding that poo poo!"

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

This avatar moves just slightly and it freaks me the gently caress out!

Banjo
Jun 7, 2006

The greatest world champion of all time...

AND HIS NAME IS JOHN CENA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Welcome back buddy :swoon:

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Tye Dillinger though. Fucken love that guy. So happy for him to have got that moment. Place marked hard.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

that was probably one of the best wwe shows i've ever gone to.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Hahahaha Orton/Cena got massively poo poo on the last time they tried to do it. Please tell me Cena loses in the Elimination Chamber.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Styles/Orton could be fun since I don't think we've gotten that, Wyatt/Orton has some weird storyline possibilities and would be a chance to finally push Wyatt into the main event picture, when he proves he doesn't need his followers to get the job done, but they're probably gonna want to play it insanely safe and go Cena/Orton with traditional face/heel stuff going on. You could do Ambrose/Orton, that's the only other clear face/heel way to do it.

I do wonder who Styles will feud with if he's not in a title match though. I suppose the natural pairing is Ambrose if he's free, to blow off all the stuff they've been doing all year long.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Yeah, they'll probably stick with it just because every year for the past several years they've played it really safe so they can get numbers from casual/lapsed/non-fans looking to see a spectacle. Aside from the fans pretty much forcing their hands at WM30, they always go with predictable safe bets. So, Cena and whatever Attitude names they still have.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Jiro posted:

Dude compared to the Roman themed rumbles of the last couple of years this is a great rumble.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Im feeling good about that being a free welcome back month from the network because holy gently caress the idea of having paid for that show

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

NowonSA posted:

Styles/Orton could be fun since I don't think we've gotten that, Wyatt/Orton has some weird storyline possibilities and would be a chance to finally push Wyatt into the main event picture, when he proves he doesn't need his followers to get the job done, but they're probably gonna want to play it insanely safe and go Cena/Orton with traditional face/heel stuff going on. You could do Ambrose/Orton, that's the only other clear face/heel way to do it.

I do wonder who Styles will feud with if he's not in a title match though. I suppose the natural pairing is Ambrose if he's free, to blow off all the stuff they've been doing all year long.

When it came to the final 3 I was really excited, Bray was finally getting his proper main event push, time for the Wyatt family to be a.....

Nope, nevermind, Orton.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Banjo posted:

The greatest world champion of all time...

AND HIS NAME IS JOHN CENA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cena had the match of the night and no one's upset that he won. You need to say you like Reigns or Orton to get forum heat now.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Cubone posted:

The 30 spot was kept a mystery all the way until the end, and it could have been any number of potential surprises including call-ups or returns, but instead it was Roman.
And Undertaker needed an angle going into Wrestlemania, and it could have been any number of wrestlers who could put on a clinic with Taker, like, if not motyc then at least something worthwhile for what might be his last match, but instead it was Roman.

"But instead it was Roman" could be the subtitle to Raw.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
This should have played instead of Roman's theme when he came out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1o3koTLWM

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013
Can someone link me to the post where the results were spoiled early? Thanks

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

magnum_valentino posted:

Can someone link me to the post where the results were spoiled early? Thanks

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3783828&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=30#post468756932
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3783828&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=30#post468758127

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013
Ta

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
It was just a boring rumble. Too many midcarders with no chance, the big names came in too briefly and then were gone, no good surprises (how hard would it be to debute Nakamura or Joe here?) and a boring winner with a bonus terrible #30 entrant. Just boring.

Also I can't believe they only did a Goldberg/Undertaker staredown, at least let them throw a few of those soupbones around.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
"How hard would it to be to debut a guy who almost had his leg ripped off last night"

has it really come to this

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Best Royal Rumble PPV in the last 10 years.

Much like a few years ago when Daniel Bryan wasn't in it, many people decide a match is bad because the idea they had didn't happen.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The Rumble itself was excellently booked, presuming you're locked into the specific list of participants and Orton winning. Joe coming out at #30 would've killed any pop Orton would get from the win, whereas Roman's whole presentation there seemed intended to draw max heat from the crowd. He comes out in lieu of any surprise the crowd was hoping for, he dumps Taker, Jericho and Bray, all of whom are smark favourites, and the first of which is designed to get him booed, and then Orton RKO's him in an 'outta nowhere' spot to get a pop before winning.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

Ice To Meet You posted:

Best Royal Rumble PPV in the last 10 years.

Much like a few years ago when Daniel Bryan wasn't in it, many people decide a match is bad because the idea they had didn't happen.

See Bigass Moth's post above. It was poo poo. It didn't even have any good surprises. That's part of the reason people love Rumbles. How could they gently caress that up?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
The rumble was boring as gently caress. This "Heh, smarks hate it cause it didn't have their preferred plan!" poo poo is eye roll worthy.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Wazzu posted:

When it came to the final 3 I was really excited, Bray was finally getting his proper main event push, time for the Wyatt family to be a.....

Nope, nevermind, Orton.

He'll be fighting Randy at WM though.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

some guy on the bus posted:

See Bigass Moth's post above. It was poo poo. It didn't even have any good surprises. That's part of the reason people love Rumbles. How could they gently caress that up?

What surprise would have made this a better rumble? Joe or Nakamura coming out and losing? Bringing back a C-list gimmick from a million years ago like Godfather or Boogeyman? Jerry Lawler leaving the announce table to enter the rumble?

I agree that surprises are lots of fun and can turn a good rumble into a great rumble, but if any one thing was this rumble's undoing, a lack of surprise entrants was not it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The rumble match was a lot of fun, even without any surprises, up until the last five or so minutes. Had they gone in almost literally any other direction it would have been one of my top three rumbles probably.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

Karmine posted:

What surprise would have made this a better rumble? Joe or Nakamura coming out and losing? Bringing back a C-list gimmick from a million years ago like Godfather or Boogeyman? Jerry Lawler leaving the announce table to enter the rumble?

Yeah, any of that would have made it better. Even Road Dogg coming back out. Anything people weren't expecting.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Well I'm sorry they didn't give you what you were looking for I guess.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

some guy on the bus posted:

Yeah, any of that would have made it better. Even Road Dogg coming back out. Anything people weren't expecting.

I mean, I wasn't expecting Roman Reigns at #30...

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Karmine posted:

I agree that surprises are lots of fun and can turn a good rumble into a great rumble, but if any one thing was this rumble's undoing, a lack of surprise entrants was not it.

The thing is there are SO MANY guys under contract but we spent too many spots on midcarders going nowhere.

IMO every year there should be one old guy who makes a surprise appearance to try to win, like they've done in the past with Nash, DDP, Mr. Perfect, etc. Nothing like that this year unless you count Goldberg or Undertaker, but they were advertised. If Undertaker had been unadvertised and entered as a surprise it would be a whole different story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Things that would have made the Rumble better. Not announcing 3 of their big draws so they could fill the Alamo Dome. Bringing out a guy who had a knee ripped off in the ME of the night before. Road Dogg. Samoan Joe.

:psypop:

• Locked thread