Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
this is the thread for predicting/counting down until donald trump's inevitable impeachment.

feel free to place some light hearted (non-monetary) bets, toxx yourself, or just use the thread to take a load off and remind yourself that something will eventually have to give. it's become quite evident after only a week and change that there's no way a man with so many (powerful) enemies, who is so incompetent and unlikable and irresponsible to the core, could possibly remain in office for an entire four year term

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
i was super young during the last one, i hope to find out the actual definition of "is"

Centrist Dad
Nov 13, 2007

When I see your posting
College Slice
6 months for the GOP to stop pretending that he is a Republican so that they have to defend him all the timd

6 more months for the Democrats to find the sack to start the impeachment process

12 more months until the midterm elections

6 more months as a fudge factor

I say the impeachment will come to a vote in 30 months, in the summer of 2019

Centrist Dad fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jan 29, 2017

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
2% of his term is already nearly over, done and dusted.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i meant to include my personal prediction in the op sorry: i think it will coalesce right around the midterm elections so let's say nov 2018

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Hardawn posted:

i was super young during the last one, i hope to find out the actual definition of "is"

being persecuted for committing a felony w/ a blowjob

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

thathonkey posted:

there's no way a man with so many (powerful) enemies, who is so incompetent and unlikable and irresponsible to the core, could possibly win the nomination win the election make it four years

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
anyone who didnt think it was possible that he could win the election doesnt know the american people :911:

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Trump is going to get a second term

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
this should be the crying thread because he's not getting impeached

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Kainser posted:

so when do you think he will be impeached

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Kainser posted:

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Trump strikes me as the kinda guy who'd run for a third term "as a joke"

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Mike Pence will be POTUS then. With that and a few Supreme Court appointments we'll start defenestrating homosexuals.

(Wow autocorrect didn't mangle "defenestration".)

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I don't think it is certain he will be impeached.

I can see any of these things happening:

Impeachment
Death in office due to legitimate causes
Same, but illegitimate, ie: assassination
Losing in 2020
Rigging the 2020 election by disenfranchising millions of voters
Refusing to leave office by 2024 and doing some other hosed up illegal poo poo to stay

I guess those last two are reasons he'd stay.

So I'll go with impeachment. This year. He's gonna go so far overboard that congress just can't ignore it. I mean so far out there that even the far right wing constituents are screaming at their representatives.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i was gonna put "or otherwise removed from power" but i didnt want the mods to think i was insinuating anything.

please use this thread to make predictions about when trump will no longer be in office. i guess "hurrrr the end of his 2nd term :bravo:" or "never" are acceptable answers. no arguing or other things about trump there are plenty of other threads for that.

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

Kainser posted:

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
He's going to have a heart attack while yelling at a mexican envoy like a white trash Valentinian

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Two Trump Terms!

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

thathonkey posted:

anyone who didnt think it was possible that he could win the election doesnt know the american people :911:

He overcame so many crippling gaffes, blunders, and other career-enders on his path to becoming POTUS we'd be fools to underestimate him ever again

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Is this before or after the national guard opens fires on protestors, because that's probably going to happen next week

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Well, there is no way in hell he will legitimately win a second term.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
can we workshop analogies?

"like a steel can of yellow corn, tossed into slowly flowing lava"

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

someone start a sweepstake

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.

Kainser posted:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Trump's impeachment is the democrat version of a Republican prepper fantasy.

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.
Wishful thinking

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

He overcame so many crippling gaffes, blunders, and other career-enders on his path to becoming POTUS we'd be fools to underestimate him ever again

Lol

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

The Management posted:

Is this before or after the national guard opens fires on protestors, because that's probably going to happen next week

probably after that sadly

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I don't think he's gonna get impeached.

But if he keeps it up, replaced in a humiliating loss in 2020.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

Well, there is no way in hell he will legitimately win a second term.

True. There won't even be an election.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
millions of peaches, peaches for me

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I expect the left will time it for around midterms, with 2018 being a litmus test on support for Trump or not. The left being the left will end up losing every Senate seat and House seat and go extinct by 2020. There will then be a Civil War but only among DLC centrist/Blue Dog Democrats and the Bernie wing; like a literal Civil War in blue states.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I think he'll crash out of the presidency in a gigantic huff within 2 years, as the opposition to him gets its act together and he discovers that even presidents can't just do whatever they want, whenever they want. Either that, or he'll die in office. I don't believe for a moment that he'll last the full term.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If only being a bad president were a crime. :smith:

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
Trump, Let's Start The Purge! !!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Oyak posted:

6 months for the GOP to stop pretending that he is a Republican so that they have to defend him all the timd

6 more months for the Democrats to find the sack to start the impeachment process

12 more months until the midterm elections

6 more months as a fudge factor

I say the impeachment will come to a vote in 30 months, in the summer of 2019

i think i found a problem with your timeline

dads_work_files
May 14, 2008

important_document.avi

He will be deposed in a bloodless Juggalo coup

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

dads_work_files posted:

He will be deposed in a bloodless Juggalo coup