Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Be the change you want see in the world

Nice and hot piss posted:

I might be quitting my job come July. I'm pondering doing the oregon portion of the PCT.

Anyone have any good stroller recommendations?

Remember to calculate your nugget burn rate and map out chicken joint locations along the trail where you can resupply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice and hot piss
Jan 31, 2004

Grip it and rip it posted:

Remember to calculate your nugget burn rate and map out chicken joint locations along the trail where you can resupply.

All joking aside I'm hoping this comes to fruition. Oregon has some amazing places to get away for a while, and the most hiking I've done has been eastern oregon. So it'll be a nice change of pace

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

The Rat posted:

Work called a day off today due to excess cold. So I bundled up and tried to get up to Dream lake for a nice sunrise shot.

Unfortunately, wind and snow at the lake itself was such that visibility was <200m. So I took this one as I was coming back down the trail instead.

This reminds me desperately of 49 Degrees, north of Spokane. It is a place I desperately want to get back to. Love the shot.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

All joking aside I'm hoping this comes to fruition. Oregon has some amazing places to get away for a while, and the most hiking I've done has been eastern oregon. So it'll be a nice change of pace

I spent 3 months in the Gorge scenic area hiking before starting my new job. It was definitely one of the most pleasant and beautiful stretches of daily hiking in my life.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 23, 2011

owls don't go to school

Dinosaur Gum

I might be quitting my job come July. I'm pondering doing the oregon portion of the PCT.

Anyone have any good stroller recommendations?

Remember to read the something awful classic thread by muerte, where he abandons a stroller after one day and gives up in Golden Gate Park two days later, the place he started in. He was trying to go to Florida. If you can do everything he doesn't do you'll be in good shape

Nice and hot piss
Jan 31, 2004

Hotel Kpro posted:

Remember to read the something awful classic thread by muerte, where he abandons a stroller after one day and gives up in Golden Gate Park two days later, the place he started in. He was trying to go to Florida. If you can do everything he doesn't do you'll be in good shape

I dunno, he seemed confident in his posts

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Saturday I went up to Granite Mountain via Cool Canyon out on the western edge of Anza Borrego Desert State Park, seeing as it'll probably be my last desert hike for the season since babby is coming very soon.

I knew Santa Ana's were blowing in, but wasn't expecting 50-60mph gusts for the stretch that went ~4,500ft to the peak at 5,650ft

Overall it was a fun hike, as once you get out of the canyon there's no real trail and it's just making your way up the ridges with some scrambling along the way.

https://i.imgur.com/Xq1IF5J.mp4

This was at 4,600ft

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

That looks like it was a fun time, apart from the wind. What sort of camera are you using?

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Camera's on a Samsung Galaxy A51 5G

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Made another attempt for a Dream lake dawn alpenglow shot this morning. Got to the lake about 20 minutes before dawn and was very happy to find that the moon wasn't all the way down yet.

Unfortunately the snow/wind haze around the peaks kept the alpenglow from hitting full force. Was still a fun time though!

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

I sexually identify as a fat tinder girl,

Yeah lemme just clean my pannus first.

These candles smell amazing btw

The Rat posted:

Made another attempt for a Dream lake dawn alpenglow shot this morning. Got to the lake about 20 minutes before dawn and was very happy to find that the moon wasn't all the way down yet.

Unfortunately the snow/wind haze around the peaks kept the alpenglow from hitting full force. Was still a fun time though!

Thatís beautiful

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

The Rat posted:

That looks pretty chilly, you bring any specialized gear?

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Grip it and rip it posted:

That looks pretty chilly, you bring any specialized gear?

Apart from my camera and tripod, just cold weather clothing and the usual crap in my backpack (Waldo, first aid kit, emergency beacon, clif bars, etc.)

It was pretty chilly, somewhere between 0-10 degrees. By the time I left around 7:30AM, I was shivering until I started moving again. Spent quite a bit of time proned out behind my tripod and camera and not moving a whole lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's going to die.

Anyone know anything about oboz boots? They fit me really well just curious about durability or other problems. I hate shopping for boots as I'm very picky, so I'm thinking about getting the waterproof version and the vented, non wp version

https://www.rei.com/product/857508/oboz-bridger-mid-bdry-hiking-boots-mens