Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

DoktorLoken posted:

You can shoot a lever action ridiculously fast with skill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsexKLYtCkI

:stwoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Stupid question: Where the gently caress did the expression "gat" come from?

I recall hearing it in gangster talk in movies or a show, or a rap song or something from my childhood, but google tells me it's either a term for gun under the prohibition period, or short from "gatling gun".

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Peep the MG3 at 6:17

We were talking about this a while back, and this is the perfect example for the difference in rate of fire between the MG3 and MG42. There's still a distinguishable dakkadakkadakka with the former, while the latter is just BRRRRRAAAAPPPP

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Capn Beeb posted:

gently caress this is such a cool video and gun

I had some weird future-guns compendium hard copy in the early 2000s that essentially masturbated over cool or unique gun/weapon concepts that either never happened, or faded away into obscurity, like the HK G11, that FLASH shoulder-mounted incendiary rocket launcher, recoil-less rifle mass-flechette rounds, and other stuff.

The WA2000 was in there because it was the first (or only?) rifle specifically designed from the ground up for long distance marksmanship, as opposed to being a regular rifle platform adapted to those purposes. It sounded cool as hell, and I realized I'd never actually seen it in action until this video.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Also, first BBQ of the season yesterday evening. Treated my Koreans to some Kjottbullar and spicy turkey hamburgers. The after party was special because I had never run into one of those Amazon Echo things. poo poo was cool and creepy at the same time. They had the thing wired into their entire apartment electronics.

Best part was that I could yell "ALEXA, PLAY FORTUNATE SON" over my Koreans, and their music choices were overridden every time because Alexa is racist and doesn't listen to Asians.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

That is not the correct way to hold a Penis.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

The Rat posted:

This is the story of a canyon.

And a rifle.

And madness

And since we were discussing things to repel bears with on this very page. Army-dependent friend of mine got mauled to within millimeters of his life by a brown bear in Alaska on Saturday, made the local news.

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/2017/06/25/two-injured-in-separate-brown-bear-attacks-in-southcentral-alaska-saturday/

His carotid artery was visible :stare:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

The Rat posted:

Thanks, glad you like them. Definitely wasn't easy, especially doing both of those hikes in the same day. Today the fronts of my thighs feel massively sore, but strangely enough not the squatting muscles. Guess the downhill wore me out more than the uphill, which is surprising.

You hike a shitton, so I'm surprised it surprises you. Slowing yourself and keeping your footing while going downhill has always resulted in more sore muscles the day after for me than most other things, not counting dumb military marches.

/edit

In hiking-related news, I might not make it up to Humphrey's peak at all, unless I get a job and get to stay here.
I've had two and a half loving years to get my rear end up there, and every time I planned, or tried, either surgeries or cases of tendonitis hosed my poo poo up. :mad:

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jun 27, 2017

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I shot one at a police "explorers" program in Alabama like 20 years ago or something and it was a shitton of fun. We also abseiled off of their SWAT training tower and did a whole bunch of other fun stuff.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Mad Dragon posted:

CAR is shooting with your pistol held close to your body, or something dumb like that. The scanning your peripheral poo poo was probably started by Magpul.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfcvIYQ4ZwA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTr8xvkUWp4

I googled the same thing, and it led me to dudes training Keanu Reeves for John Wick 2. Specifically, this one dude showing him posture/positions that look super awkward, and then launching into a tirade about the Mossad's Kidon teams, both mispronouncing the word "kidon", and claiming it means "assassin" instead of "dagger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY9TJigpcyo

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Cannot legally buy ammo, will trade "favors" for hiking and plunking.

Oh, also cannot hike at the moment, so will trade more favors for getting carried around, since I understand Rat has some experience doing that :downs:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

M_Gargantua posted:

Oh. So it's a sarcastic thing?

I asked the same thing the first time he posted a video of it, but yeah, I guess you just don't realize it if you've never watched king of the hill.

And the tactikilts...:cripes:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I keep worrying about employment in the US, when I should just spawn a bunch of dumb start-ups and make bank off of idiots that buy my poo poo because I call my company VETERAN OWNED

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Naked Bear posted:

Imagine being assigned to this steaming piece of poo poo. :stonk: These things probably killed more Italians than Americans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFJI04ifSoM

e: I though it was bad when he was describing how the fixed magazine works, but holy poo poo, it gets so much worse.

Anything that takes longer to change than the barrel of an MG42 should not legally be entitled to the designation "quick barrel change".

Also, dear Americans, why are there civilians amongst your populace owning and operating Pak38s and Flak 36s?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bGczFQIOc

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

M_Gargantua posted:

I wonder if you have to pay an NFA tax stamp for each round or if that's only if the round has explosives.

Technically artillery isn't illegal anywhere in the US, even California, but lol trying to get the California DOJ to give you the permit.

This is so loving usa.txt

/edit:

I mean, big gently caress-off guns own and all, but still :lol:

/edit:

^^^^ Does that also apply to indirect-fire artillery, like proper howitzers and such?

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Jul 30, 2017

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I don't know, even if I had gently caress-you money and could afford the most modern and recent rail gun model in the world, I'd spent all my cash on a Schwerer Gustav or poo poo like that.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Scratch that, I'd get a loving Karl Geraet

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Dead Reckoning posted:

That's a drat shame, because I would love to see the coverage of a trial where a bunch of burglars got smoked by a dude with night vision and a $4,000 SBR, and the deposition where expert witnesses are being called to testify about WH40k arcana and aesthetics.

"Your honor, the nails were singing."

- "Government stipulates to a plea of singing nails, your honor"

- " Case dismissed"

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

If only Argel Tal had been OJ's defense lawyer.

Could have saved the US justice system some ridicule.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Now I can't stop thinking of a sitcom about renegade law firm Gal Vorbak Legal and Argel Tal, attorney at law, in a business suit, fused helmet, horns and all.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

You walk in on Argel Tal in a court house's bathroom, seemingly giving himself a pep talk in the mirror before the closing arguments, and he suddenly turns to you, yelling "CAN RAUM AND I HAVE A loving MINUTE OF PRIVACY OVER HERE? JEEEZ!"

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Yo, gun duders, what's the gun depicted on that memorial that got corrected? Supposedly, it's a Stg 44, but that's not any Stg 44 I've ever seen.

/edit:

Ah, gently caress me, I didn't read the 'exploded diagram'

Still, :lol:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Yeah that's definitely an STG44.

Yeah, I thought the raised portion in the front was referenced, completely overread the 'exploded diagram' and then didn't even look any further.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

ElMaligno posted:

what do you want to meet up and spacedock for a bit?

space docking

When a man shits into a womans vagina.

Brian squatted over her, lined it up, and began space docking.

#space#docking#man#shits#in#womans#vagina

by GarethLJ April 03, 2006

Uh...:yikes:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

The Rat posted:

MARMOT

Afterwards I was so hungry that I ate at Arby's.

THERE IS NO GUN

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

So, bump-stocks and other poo poo that facilitates high rates of fire while not technically being "automatic", Im assuming?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Your mileage is gonna vary massively on which country you're going to be in. If it's Germany, there'll be hoops to jump through, but you've got a ton of options between .22, 9mm, .45, .357, or poo poo in the long rifle range like .223 Remington and .308 winchester, just off a brief glance.

It'll be a different ballgame in terms of poo poo you can own and take home from a range, but if it's shooting you want to do, knock yourself out

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

My favorite part is the "ready to write" after a full day of coke, weed, and booze

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

The gently caress is all that? Could you explain for a layman that only recognizes the purpose of like 60% of the Anbauteile there?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

vent hot air right into my boi pussy

edit: I'm the jorts and lovely tattoo

If that's a dude...

...that's a pretty hot dude.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Is that some random slot canyon, or Antelope canyon up there? Asking because the pic is close after horseshoe bend, and I've been around page a million times, but I'm surprised you didn't get poo poo for bringing a gun.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

The Rat posted:

I put on my human face and

This is the type of post I'd expect to see in GiP as a non Gipper.

It's only 3:45am and this already made my day. :lol:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

The Rat posted:

It's an AK, so. . . not especially. 4" groups at 100m is about the best I can hope for. Still need to get out and rezero it since it has a new handguard/brake.

My silly nostalgia M4 should be completed next week too.

You got some work in progress pics?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHYC4ekzg60

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I can see how that'd help with weight displacement too.

I remember the late 80s, early 90s all too well. Fanny packs are simply not an option. Unless you're german.

Actually, I'll have you know that

Welp. Nevermind.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

The Rat posted:

Oh yeah it's definitely normal, but also eye-opening when you haven't had that altitude in a while.

Speaking of sucking, I did :medicore: on most of the 3-gun stages yesterday, but did all right on this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1idRG_makY

Is the goal on that last swingy-bit to get it to one 180° rotation, or score some fixed number of hits? Pretty cool either way.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

The Rat posted:

Welp here it is with the Magpul kit on it.

I can't wrap my head around how you're supposed to place your hand/finger(?) around that little thingamajig underneath on the front part. Does your whole hand go in front of it, or do you you thread the thing between your hand or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Came across this video in the 40K thread, because apparently we're now building real-life bolters, but what blew my mind in this is the legal jibberjabber this guy runs off at the beginning of it.

"It's a :airquote:firearm:airquote:, not an SBS/PDR/SBA/whateverthefuck, so it's a "no tax-stamp", and because it's under 10lbs, it's not a destructive device. But you definitely can't shoulder it, because that's illegal, so you need to run hotter rounds.

See here? You can :airquote:cheek-weld:airquote: it, which is definitely not shouldering, or you could fire it from the hip, but no shouldering, no siree."

What in the gently caress is going on legally with this thing/dude?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7krlrcGtms

/edit:

That gentlemen has a couple of 88s too many in his name for my taste