Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Nice and hot piss posted:

I might be quitting my job come July. I'm pondering doing the oregon portion of the PCT.

Anyone have any good stroller recommendations?

Remember to calculate your nugget burn rate and map out chicken joint locations along the trail where you can resupply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Nice and hot piss posted:

All joking aside I'm hoping this comes to fruition. Oregon has some amazing places to get away for a while, and the most hiking I've done has been eastern oregon. So it'll be a nice change of pace

I spent 3 months in the Gorge scenic area hiking before starting my new job. It was definitely one of the most pleasant and beautiful stretches of daily hiking in my life.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

The Rat posted:

Made another attempt for a Dream lake dawn alpenglow shot this morning. Got to the lake about 20 minutes before dawn and was very happy to find that the moon wasn't all the way down yet.

Unfortunately the snow/wind haze around the peaks kept the alpenglow from hitting full force. Was still a fun time though!

That looks pretty chilly, you bring any specialized gear?

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

PookBear posted:

Anyone know anything about oboz boots? They fit me really well just curious about durability or other problems. I hate shopping for boots as I'm very picky, so I'm thinking about getting the waterproof version and the vented, non wp version

https://www.rei.com/product/857508/oboz-bridger-mid-bdry-hiking-boots-mens

I got some Oboz boots a couple years back and they're still going strong. They're probably the most comfortable / best hiking boots I've ever owned.