Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Guys, it looks like the Carnik Con youtube channel has been taken down. Fortunately its videos are archived for posterity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84WcNJNkU0Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

DoktorLoken posted:

FYI Brownells has 1,000 rounds of Federal 9mm on sale for $135 after rebate (add a cheap item to get to $200 and use code H7L)

Link? I couldn't find it

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I just ordered a threaded barrel and compensator for a Glock 34 that I don't have yet. But since I just got the [required state ID for the state I live in], I will be purchasing said Glock 34 soon.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
My dumb state won’t allow me to get my Glock 34 out of gun jail until 30 days from getting my new license have passed. So I just get to sit and pout for a few more weeks while I fondle the drop-in trigger, threaded barrel and comp I got. Oh well!

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Brownells messed up and instead of sending me 1k 9mm rounds, sent a stock for a 10/22. GG Brownells!

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Me, a person with a government job who’s good at financial management: “well, I’m staring down a potential Gov shutdown. What’s the best course of action here?

Buy a suppressor!

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Ayyyyyyy

I've added a Zev trigger, Silencerco threaded barrel w/ comp, and will install Vogel fiber optic sights soon

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Gaston Glock is a saint

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
TFR pointed out that SGAmmo has 9mm for really cheap, including S&B and Blazer for $180/1000
https://www.sgammo.com/catalog/pistol-ammo-sale/9mm-luger-ammo

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Well, I’ve signed up for my first match - a steel challenge meet at Quantico. I’m as slow as molasses and not very accurate, but I’m gonna show up and do as well as I can.

How long do these things typically last?

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

The Rat posted:

The more matches you shoot, the more you'll get used to the timer pressure. As far as improving speed and accuracy, regular dry fire and good technique makes the biggest difference.

You'll never show up to a match and have a massive improvement out of nowhere, but if you stick with it, read some good books and dry fire, you'll see solid incremental improvement.

For books I really like those by Brian Enos and Ben Stoeger.

I got Stoeger's "Practical Pistol" book and it's been extremely helpful. While I'm still getting some very fundamental things down (consistent trigger press, presentation and sight alignment, etc) this book has really given me a framework for developing a practice regimen.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Did my first shooting meet yesterday. I was the only one who was new, but everyone was very encouraging and helpful. Though all the help in the world couldn't prevent me from doing terribly. Definitely need to keep practicing!

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
~~hello boys~~

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
r/gundeals is back

This is not an April Fool’s post.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
The obvious choice is either an EOTech or one of those giant red dot tubes that they used to put on old school open guns

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

UNF

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Got some new .500 loads off of Gunbroker and they're very pleasant to shoot. 300gr JHP rounds doing only about 1350fps
In other news, my reloading setup came in (Dillon 550) and I'm deffo ready to start cranking rounds out. I fully expect to become a fat old man in six months.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

DoktorLoken posted:

lol "only" 300gr bullet doing .357mag velocities. :stare:

I really want a .44mag revolver of some sort.

Well, I mean the alternative is 350-450gr rounds doing 1500+ FPS and lol at that

Then you have the weirdos who shoot giant 700gr rounds at those velocities. It’s a minor miracle that people don’t break their wrists with those.

It just kills people, occasionally
https://www.google.com/amp/s/bearingarms.com/bob-o/2013/11/07/negligent-suicide-with-a-500-smith-wesson-revolver/amp/

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

It's okay. I didn't like my wrists, anyway

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
This is a chunk of polymer-coated lead that fills up every millimeter of the cylinder. A comparable size of rebar would actually be lighter

I will shoot it this weekend. Pray for me.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

The Rat posted:

:stare: That's even heavier than any of the bullets I have for ~*~MY BARRETT~*~

Well, it's moving about half as fast as your Barrett rounds.

BUT THEN it's also going through a FOUR INCH barrel.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Had a round blow up on me today

Fortunately it just blew out the mag release and hurt my hand a little. No blood drawn, barrel and frame were fine, so I should be good as soon as I get a replacement mag release.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
They were my reloads :(

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Naked Bear posted:

Take yourself to small claims court over the cost of the mag release. Don't represent yourself as either the claimant or defendant, though, because then the court might not take you seriously.

Unfortunately as a free man on the land, the court does not have jurisdiction over me. I can only be tried by the One Law Over All, natural law.

Now, if the court wants to try my incorporated person, DEATHY MCDEATH (esq), then they are free to as long as they enter into rejoiner with me and pay my attorney fees.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
:bigtran:

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
:stare:

An original 1874 Gatling gun
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/771029939

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

The Rat posted:

gently caress that, go all the way and go G17L with a G26 chop job :getin:

edit: whoa, somebody went and did it

this is an affront to god

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Just got the call that my tax stamp came in :getin:

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Nice and hot piss posted:

God, I watch things like falling plates and speed shooting and it really makes me want to get into that sport.

It's worth it. Steel Challenge is probably the easiest and most cost-effective to get in. There's no movement involved, you can shoot rimfire, and the rules are very simple to understand: shoot five steel plates as fast as you can! Lowest time wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

The Rat posted:

Made another attempt for a Dream lake dawn alpenglow shot this morning. Got to the lake about 20 minutes before dawn and was very happy to find that the moon wasn't all the way down yet.

Unfortunately the snow/wind haze around the peaks kept the alpenglow from hitting full force. Was still a fun time though!

That’s beautiful