Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I want the new Steyr Aug A3 M1 is there any reason aside from the price that one would not want to buy it, specifically that I can buy two decent AR's for the same price?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

BigDave posted:

Cosplay as the blond terrorist from Die Hard.

Can i have it modded to look like the halo MA5C individual combat weapon? Asking for a friend....

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

all my friends at the gun club are gonna be jealous at my room clearing capabilities.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I find some sweet FN Five sevens on armslist for like $600-800 and I keep having my dreams dashed because they're scammers... :(

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I wanted an FN Five Seven so I ended up buying one V :) V

Should be here Tuesday

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

gonna total out around $935 with all the FFL stuff/shipping.

Nice and hot piss fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Nov 11, 2017

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

battlestar galactic is stupid you nerds

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

an FN 15 SBR may be my next purchase... But I wish I could get my hands on an FN SCAR

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Mad Dragon posted:

All the :siren:CIVILIAN-LEGAL:siren: 5.7 rounds are kind of lovely.

*ballistics gel triggering has intensified*

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

:gizz: will suck dick for 5.7x28 PM me :gizz:

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Gunchat has turned into photo chat and it's very good

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

That's a good dog, and not pork, just remember that after you finish your book..

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

congrats on getting your vas deferens snipped!

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

if it's PNW territory i'd be down.

I sleep nude and since I don't have a body pillow that's travel side I will need a replacement...

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

LingcodKilla posted:

If it’s in the PNW I’d join up. Prolly chase some tail.

Trout tail.

I'm all for some fishing, however it seems like Oregon fish and wildlife did some weird things this year due to numbers and whatnot, and they banned fishing in a few areas during the season. Granted we're talking something later in the year but if fishing is a big part of the trip it might dictate where the actual hiking/camping takes place.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

LingcodKilla posted:

Meh. I’m all for just meeting people and chilling. Can’t smoke the devils lettuce but I don’t really care if others do as long you dont try to rope me into a discussion about the curvature of your hands man. Like wow.

we can be the sober crew and talk about things like ducks and look for bigfoot

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I've always wanted an AK like that, who makes it?

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

God, I watch things like falling plates and speed shooting and it really makes me want to get into that sport.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I've been doing a lot more exploring of central oregon this summer, and this was the first time I decided to whip out my phone and share my bounties.

Green Lakes trail, a roughly ~5 mile hike up about 1500 feet to a lake at 6800 feet of elevation in the Deschutes national forest. We apparently went on a slow day, with only 10-15 cars parked on the road before the trailhead turn off. Apparently it's not uncommon to have 70-80 cars just parked along the highway for people to get to the trail.

Central Oregon is the best

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I might be quitting my job come July. I'm pondering doing the oregon portion of the PCT.

Anyone have any good stroller recommendations?

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Sweet

Will post thread soon

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Grip it and rip it posted:

Remember to calculate your nugget burn rate and map out chicken joint locations along the trail where you can resupply.

All joking aside I'm hoping this comes to fruition. Oregon has some amazing places to get away for a while, and the most hiking I've done has been eastern oregon. So it'll be a nice change of pace

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Hotel Kpro posted:

Remember to read the something awful classic thread by muerte, where he abandons a stroller after one day and gives up in Golden Gate Park two days later, the place he started in. He was trying to go to Florida. If you can do everything he doesn't do you'll be in good shape

I dunno, he seemed confident in his posts

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Outdoors thread! I seek ye input.

As of now, this August I am planning on hiking the Oregon section of the PCT. I think it would be cool to semi-routinely post some endeavors of my 455+ mile trek across this neat-o state here in the outdoors thread, but also didn't want to just inundate said thread with a bunch of my postings.

The questions I'm proposing:

-Do you all even want to hear about such endeavors, the lead up to it, during, and my post hiking rants about how much I hate eating chili-mac 7 days in a row
-Would it be cool to post my endeavors in this thread or should I look at another forum to post my adventures? Or, if it's actually something people are wanting to see, should I just make a new thread about some idiot veteran and his girlfriend hiking?
-Which stroller would you recommend for such an endeavor?

As of now my exercising consists of utilizing a shake weight and doing 15 air squats for each 1 minute of triceps blasting shake weight endeavor. I was a cub scout which gives me high end knowledge about wilderness survival and I was a Cavalry Scout in the National Guard so my combat skills, navigation skills and h2h bear combat is equivalent to that of a delta operator.

Either way I figure it might be cool to show a bit of what I'm planning on doing; and our collective group of people have taken to the outdoors quite well. I'd love to share my experience with you all, but obviously want to see what everyone's perception is before I find myself posting whenever I can a bunch of pictures and fun/not so much fun times on this amazing adventure I want to partake in.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Alright, fair points made by all. I may just do some routine text updates as cell phone service is apparently "decent" on the PCT in oregon, but probably will make uploading difficult.

If anything, at the end I'll make a big ol' post with some cool pictures at the end about all my endeavors.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

The hike itinerary is posted for the Oregon section of the PCT. 32 days, two rest days and averaging between 15-21 miles a day. Got myself a good pack, sleeping bag and between the lady and I, $850 worth of Mary Janes organic dried food.

I'm stoked beyond belief to do this trip.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

PookBear posted:

Can anyone recommend a good two person tent for hiking? what brands should I look at?

REI makes great two person camping tents. We took ours for the 35 days of hiking the PCT last summer and it's held up incredibly well, also to add that it's like 6-8 years old and had stood up well.

However, I think we are going to buy either a Mountain Hardwear or big agnes tent here soon. Tents have gotten even lighter so we could, in theory buy us a 3 person tent with rain fly and it would be the same weight as our current REI one...

Hekk posted:

REI has some backpacking specific tents. I took mine along the PCT in Oregon and it worked great.

Which sections of the PCT were you on? Curious if we passed each other (granted you were hiking in July of last year)

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I am absolutely not one to take good photos, until the universe decided to give me the opportunity. This was in Dunton Colorado, just south of Telluride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Icon Of Sin posted:

Not showing up for me on Awful App, and idk how to fix non-Imgur links :(

*mods feel free to delete for double posting*

It's a pretty picture, just scaled it down to where I can throw it on as an attachment

Only registered members can see post attachments!