Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Mike-o posted:

gently caress man i don't even know i gotta go lookup CT laws

Look up MA while you're at it? Wife finally got off the anti-gun wagon and it's time to get a decent rifle or shotgun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Actually looked up MA laws. Shotgun looks like the optimal choice. Means I get to go sport shooting a bit more often.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Mike-o posted:

Just stick with the standard stuff, 5.56, 9mm, .22. Usually if you look you can find stuff in bulk that's cheap plinker ammo.

Sorry I haven't gotten around to looking up CT and MA laws, trying to do job search stuff but I'll have something for you guys tomorrow. But man we got a lot more dudes in here that like guns than I realized so hopefully someone finds the answers for you before my slow rear end does.

I already dug into MA stuff on my own. Found a decent breakdown here: [URL] https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Massachusetts [/URL]

Like I said, mag restrictions + awb rules here make it look like a rifle is probably not worthwhile. Plus I need to go get MA firearms licensed since apparently my MN firearms cert doesn't transfer.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

these are the goddamn best part of this thread.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Just got accosted by some real bad opinions at my Father's day brunch. Glock better than a 1911 get out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Midjack posted:

Don't mention it in TFR; I mentioned a fault in the Sig thread and got accused of making it up. Apparently Sig cannot fail, it can only be failed.

Counter suggestion: mention it in TFR and watch the "well actually...."s roll in.