Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Post
  • Reply
Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!




Freak: +1 | Danger: 0 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions:

My eyes are scanning the darkness for any signs of movement, and when both of them burst out of the darkness, I'm ready, yelling, "Manitou, I got your back!" Sparrow can probably deal with the fish man... thing just fine, but that T-Rex is huge! And, ok, fossilized T-Rex? That's gonna make for an awesome story.

Maybe even an album cover!

While the T-Rex is lumbering forward, I take a quick look up and figure that the cave's not too unstable for this and sling my guitar from over my shoulder. I give it a few experimental strums to make sure I'm not going to bury all of us, then I let loose a sonic blast that cause stalactites to rain down on the Fossilized T-Rex, forcing it towards the ground (and Manitou). Still playing, I yell, "All yours!"

<Capfalcon> Unleash stalactites
<Capfalcon> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Capfalcon, 12+1 = 13
<Capfalcon> ho ho ho
<Capfalcon> Potential is for chumps.

Reshaping environment to make T-Rex vulnerable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +3 | Sup: 0 | Mun: +1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions:

"Don't worry, I got this! Probably!" Tundra exclaims, before jumping forward, holding her wand high!

The wand glows brightly, and upon contact with the T-Rex, Tundra... boops it.

... Really?

Well, as ridiculous as that looked, the giant T-Rex is rapidly being frozen over, so it must have worked!




quote:

15:33 Yamifenrir Tundra freezes a giant skeletal T-Rex! ... Maybe?
15:33 Yamifenrir !r 2d6+3 (using the Beacon move to replace Danger with Savior)
15:33 Krysmbot Yamifenrir, 6+3 = 9
Taking away the T-Rex's ability to move!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

It grew from the seeaugh-
what did you do?





Fre: -1 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Angry

..."Whoa." That makes... no sense at all. To exist. "Uh. Bombshell? I think you can forget what I said about worrying about caving this place in..."

This.

Is.

So.

Cool!

I can't focus on the incredibly awesome skeleton-T-rex though, because that fishman thing is speeding right Sparrow like a proper final fantasy dragoon! "Watch out Sparrow!" I push her to the side, not having time to waste being gentle, and whip my sword out of it's sheath upwards in a silver arc, perfectly timed to block the thing's plunging lance! The impact of the two weapons rings out across the cavern, creating just enough of an impact shockwave to make my hair blow out awesomely. "Ha!" Man, I must look SO COOL. I can't stay angry like this. "Nice try, if you want to get to my teammates, you'll have to come through me, All American Girl!"

[18:40:18] <GodFish> defend Sparrow
[18:40:35] <Yamifenrir> editted in my roll + some fluff for it, godfish
[18:40:52] <GodFish> !r 2d6+3
[18:41:01] <Krysmbot> GodFish, 9+3 = 12
Protecting Sparrow, clearing Angry

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: +3 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +1 | Mun: -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Underground Battle

I'm still in the middle of my latest pity-party when Makki looms over me all of a sudden, holding my hand and asking me what's wrong - and reminding me what happens when I get too angry. Yeah, blowing up half the group doesn't seem like an ideal plan, so I can't fault her for stepping in. Especially since like... she's doing it since she's still my friend. Even after I avoided her since I got... changed. She got it worse than I did, and I've been too busy obsessing about my minor poo poo to help her deal with hers at all.

Between her words and draining some of the energy away, I actually visibly relax. "Thanks," I start, drat certain to be quiet enough the others can't hear us, looking up at my friend - way up, she's sorta super tall now. "Thanks a bunch. That helped. I'll be OK. Just... can we talk later?" If I have to talk to someone, it might as well be her - there's stuff I can talk to her about that I don't want All American Girl or any of the others knowing. "I'll-"

Taking +1 Potential

A silence falls and everything sorta stops, what I was about to say to her included, yet the tension ramps right on up - ohhh, I can already tell what time it is, and I can't wait. It's confirmed when the Fishguy looking dude leaps down towards Sparrow (meh), and a Giant Skeletal T-Rex shows up and seems to be going for Makki... which, let's be clear, is about the coolest thing ever. The T-Rex, not who it's going for, don't be stupid. The point is, I don't have to feel bad about hitting it, since it's not alive!

Everyone leaps into action, Showstopper and Tundra unleashing music and magic (though I'd argue music IS magic, his technique is definitely just cool tech to match her icy spell), while All American Girl rushes to Sparrow's aid... gently caress it, normally I'd help her out, but it'd also mean helping Sparrow out, and a Giant Skeletal T-Rex is about the most metal thing I've ever heard of. I'm literally grinning just looking at it! I mean, being mostly-invulnerable is a big part of that too, don't get me wrong. But here it is, a giant chance to let out my anger in a nominally constructive way! Well... deconstruction, anyways. Pinned by stalactites and increasingly frozen in place, that thing's not going anywhere. Starting to walk forward slowly, rolling my arm real quick to get a stretch in, staring up at the fossil to gauge how much force to put into what I'm about to do... yeah, I gotta admit, being on this team might not be SO bad.

"Back up Tundra!" I call real quick, not wanting her to get caught in what I'm going to do, and then... I leap right at it. Turns out with insane super strength I can jump very far, very quickly, and yeah, another trick I have? That whole Red Engine thing I'm sorta cursed with. Speaking of that, I've gathered up quite a bit of Its energy into my fist, and suddenly this thing's got an angry and busty super-science experiment streaking both a mass of hair and an ominous red blur behind her practically flying right at it. And it can't move. Which is pretty perfect for me, since I'm said experiment.

The second it's head is within range, it's time for the easiest two part combo ever. First I punch it, like so - the smashing noise reverberating across the room, bone shards flying everywhere, the thing's toughness and weight matching off against the strength of the blow I just inflicted and finding themselves rather lacking - and then as it flies back, I hit it with all the energy I've got stored up in my fist, an engulfing red wave blasting it dead-center to damage it further. I've never gotten to use a dinosaur as a punching bag before, but yeah, turns out it's AWESOME.

<Rauri> Bombshell Directly Engage
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 7+3 = 10
Resisting any counterattack and impressing, surprising, or frightening the opposition. Was super tempted to use In A China Shop to damage the place too, but decided against it~

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

...Can I feel your muscles?



Fre: +0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions:

"Wah!" Before I could even process what happened, All-American Girl pushes me out of the way of the skeletal fish-man thing. That was... sloppy. I can't believe I let my guard down like that, "T-thanks!" I sheath out of my own sword, and take a quick moment to survey the battlefield. Okay, there's this fish knight and then there's a... giant... skeletal... T-Rex....

....That's...that's...that's....HOLY WOW! THAT'S SOOOO AWESOME! Oh my God! I can't wait to tell mom about this! We got to fight an actual dinosaur! A skeleton dinosaur! That's like, two cool things put together to make the coolest thing in the world!

Ahhh, focus, Sparrow! Don't get distracted by the the T-rex no matter how goshdarn cool it is, focus on the enemy in front of you! It looks like everybody else has the T-rex handled, leaving All-American Girl and I to handle the fish knight. I stand beside her, sword drawn at the ready. Okay, now I just need to look for an opening, find a way to take this thing down fast.

"So, All-American Girl, how do you feel about sushi?" Wow Sparrow, is that really your idea of team banter? Ugghhh, that was soooo lame.

quote:

<Hugzilla> Sparrow! Assess the situation!
<Hugzilla> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, 7+1 = 8

how could we best end this quickly?
what here is in the greatest danger?

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Death, but with a gun





Freak +3 | Danger +1 | Savior +1 | Superior -1 | Mundane -1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Angry

Something about the fish was making Manitou's bark crawl, but she couldn't discern what it was yet. But what she did know was that fish men were not native to this planet by any stretch of the word and this fish man was making every single planty fibre of her being flare up. It just wasn't natural she felt herself growing red hot all the while.

Busy noises behind her told her that the T-Rex was being handled by her comrades, but she didn't want to leave the fish unmolested. She growled, and crouched onto all fours.

"I see you." Her hands distended, teeth elongated, a muzzle was formed and in one bounding leap the Manitou pounced

21:49 TheNabster Manitou sees that the Dinosaur is getting handled, and so will punch the fish
21:49 TheNabster Danger +1
21:49 TheNabster !r 2d6+1
21:50 Krysmbot TheNabster, 6+1 = 7

Marking Angry to take an additional option

>Resist/Avoid their blows
>Create an opportunity for your allies


How teeth made from plant matter could be sharp is beyond Manitou's knowing, but she chomped down on the Fishman's spear arm all the same, bearing down with her full weight and strength to prevent him from moving.

[i]"MRPHMPH
Manitou yelled through a teeth full of bone and armour. Claws scratched where she could but this thing had no real flesh to rend in any sence of the word. She had it's attention though.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



It's A Thrilling Underground Fight Scene, Part 2!

Manitou, All-American Girl, Sparrow

Between All-American Girl's expert block and Manitou chomping down on the strange creature's weapon arm, Sparrow has all the time she needs to figure out the situation. Yet, even as her eyes play over the fish knight's odd form, she begins to notice angry red cracks slowly spreading through the walls. Isn't that the same color as Bombshell's energy...?

Sparrow's Assess posted:

How could we best end this quickly? You seem to have the fish knight off-balance and out of its element. As long as you can keep it from retreating into the strange liquid to recover and strike from a hidden position, you should have no trouble wrapping this up and helping the others finish off that incredibly awesome skeletal T-Rex.

Fish Knight ability discovered!

What here is in the greatest danger? The cavern itself. Whatever Bombshell was trying to do earlier seems to have spread into the walls. As the fighting continues, there's a real risk that it could ignite and cause some sort of cave-in. You're not an expert on the finer points of planar dynamics or strange power-sources, but you don't imagine that would be a great thing for anyone involved.

Structural Integrity Tracker unlocked!

Current Structural Integrity: 3/4

After a few moments struggling with Manitou, the fish knight rips free. The spear and arm dangle limply in Makki's mouth as the creature darts backward. Is that fear in its eyes?

Skeletal Fish-Man marks Afraid

Before any of you can react, it flips backwards and dives into the green pool. Nothing more than a few ripples mark its passage.

What do you do?

Bombshell, Showstopper, Tundra

The rain of stalactites batters the back of the massive dinosaur and sends it crashing down to the ground. Nearly simultaneously, Tundra and Bombshell leap into action to deliver a light tap or punishing strikes respectively. Even as the T-Rex begins to ice over where Tundra bopped it with her wand and grind to a halt, the whip-like tail spins around and sends her flying into a nearby column of rock. As she slams in, perhaps Sparrow notices the web of angry red cracks spreading further along the walls. Perhaps not.

Tundra Takes A Powerful Blow and the Skeletal T-Rex marks Angry.

Current Structural Integrity:
2/4

Of course, between spinning and slowing down, the dinosaur leaves itself in a perfect position for Bombshell to do some serious damage. The ice cracks and shatters under the force of her strikes and the energy of the Red Engine rages through its bones. Soon enough the only ice remaining is cementing it to the floor. It looks like it's in pretty bad shape, but is it really going to be that easy?

Skeletal T-Rex marks Angry.

What do you do?

Enemy Status Update!


Skeletal Fish-Man?
Abilities:
-A Fish in Water: When submerged in the strange liquid, the fish knight is impossible to see. If you don't get it out soon it's going to be able to strike where you least expect it. You're pretty sure you won't be able to block a jump like that again.
Conditions: Afraid


Fossilized T-Rex
Abilities:
-Welcome... to Jurassic Park!: This thing is just too darn big for one of you to tackle! You can't Directly Engage it without someone either creating an opportunity (through an Unleash or Engage) or assisting your Engage attempt with a point of team.
-???
Conditions: Angry, Angry

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

It grew from the seeaugh-
what did you do?





Fre: -1 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Angry

"It's good! But I don't like it with crab. Your thinking Sashimi though, that's when it has fish." I think. To prove the point, I shift my grip on my trusty heirloom katana and prepare for a slice while the thing is busy fighting with Manitou, but just then it breaks free, diving back into the water with just ripples behind it. But... Ripples are as good as target to a master sharpshooter like me! "How about /fried/ fish? Any fans here?" Switching over to my gun, I hastily slot in a fresh set of bullets and fire at the ripples - and slightly ahead of them, hoping to correctly lead the target. It shouldn't matter too much though, these are my taser bullets!

[23:49:45] <GodFish> directly engage fishman - hopefully
[23:49:47] <GodFish> !r 2d6-1
[23:49:49] <Krysmbot> GodFish, 7-1 = 6
rip
My first potential!
With that team, using this to take away its cover of the water

GodFish fucked around with this message at Mar 13, 2017 around 23:47

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

...Can I feel your muscles?



Fre: +0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions:

Oh, no. This is bad. This is really bad. "Everyone! Be careful! Bombshell's red energy is spreading inside the walls, and if we're not careful, we might set off an explosion! We need to finish this fight, fast!"

I focus my attention back to the fish knight, or at least the ripples it's leaving in the water. My eyes follow the ripples closely. All-American Girl might not be hitting the fish knight with her bullets, but it looks like she's not giving it much of a chance to run away and hide, either. "Over there!" I point to the metal fin sticking out of the water, and as soon as I do, the fish knight leaps out for another strike, except this time, I'm ready for it. "To answer your question, All-American Girl," my katana crackles with electrical energy as I concentrate all my power into it, "I'm a big fan," I thrust my sword forward, and as I do, a stream of electricity shoots out from the blade, hitting the fish knight mid-leap.

quote:

<HugzillaPhone> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> HugzillaPhone, 8 = 8

Choosing to resist or avoid their blows. Also using a point of Team to turn AAG's direct engage roll into a 7!

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +3 | Sup: 0 | Mun: +1
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions:


Tundra slams against the cave wall, but... she doesn't seem to have noticed much at all, instead focused on what the fish-man is doing.

"Oh, I got an idea! I'll freeze a portion of the river! That way, it can't hide and woaaaaah!" Tundra announces... before promptly slipping on the wet flood and sliding away.


quote:

14:35 Yamifenrir Tundra attempts to freeze the river!
14:35 Yamifenrir !r 2d6
14:35 Krysmbot Yamifenrir, 2 = 2
14:35 Yamifenrir good job, Tundra
14:35 Yamifenrir good job


quote:

17:51 Tricky also, yami, don't forget to take your powerful blow
17:51 Yamifenrir oh
17:51 Yamifenrir whoops
17:52 Yamifenrir also
17:52 Yamifenrir that t-rex
17:52 Yamifenrir is DOUBLE ANGRY
17:52 Yamifenrir I just wanna point that out
17:52 Tricky it is
17:52 Tricky extra angry!
17:52 Yamifenrir !r 2d6
17:52 Krysmbot Yamifenrir, 4 = 4
17:52 Yamifenrir Take a powerful blow. Forgot but eh

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Mar 13, 2017 around 16:53

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!




Freak: +1 | Danger: 0 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions:

Yes, this is so badass! Even the lame banter between Sparrow and All American can't ruin this for me.

When Bombshell leaps clear after whaling on the dino, I follow up on her with a few chords to charge up my guitar's sonic blast before running up to slam my guitar in the dino's face!

<Capfalcon_work> dogpile on the dino
<Capfalcon_work> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> Capfalcon_work, 6 = 6

Ooof. Well, potentially getting potential.

If someone feeds me a point of teamwork, I'll create an opportunity as part of my direct engagement

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: +3 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +1 | Mun: -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Underground Battle

I'm honestly not sure if I want to hit Sparrow or this T-Rex more right now. Like... yeah, let's be VERY specific about whose fault that energy thing is, right? In front of the whole team? And quipping with All-American Girl the whole time, it just now occurring to me that the pair (ugh, the two of them) both use swords, is not exactly reducing my anger. If I wasn't about against a literal Giant Skeletal T-Rex, I'd be having WORDS with her. And by that I wish I meant fists.

Whatever, I literally have bigger concerns than her right now. Namely, said Giant Skeletal T-Rex, which I'm not yet sick of thinking and I doubt I ever will be. Showstopper's landed a pretty solid hit, and Tundra's... ice-skating around or something, I can never tell what's up with her. Yeah, let's help Showstopper here.

"Nice work dude!" I let Showstopper know as I charge in, right hand glowing red. Not slowing whatsoever, his sonic waves stop the glorified fossil from defending itself, setting me up for a strike. "Now stand clear and watch this..." Knocked up some by his attack, the monster is perfectly positioned for me to literally charge right through one of its ribs, slamming my energy-packed fist directly into its spinal column, channeling the destructive force I'm cursed with all throughout it even as its rocked by the force from my punch. Lets see just well it handles a second Bombshell double-strike, because I'm thinking it'd rather not have taken that particular hit...

<Rauri> Bombshell Directly Engage
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 7+3 = 10
Resist counterattack, intimidate / surprise / impress them. Also spending a point of Team to boost Showstopper's roll to a 7.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Death, but with a gun





Freak +3 | Danger +1 | Savior +1 | Superior -1 | Mundane -1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Angry

As the rest of her teammates handled either threat, Manitou turned her attention to the crumbling cavern around her. It doesn't matter if they win if the cave dropped on top of them at the same time.

"Gonna have to carry that weight." She said, as she dug her feet into the ground, growing thicker, more trunk like legs as she extended herself upwards. Doing the same to her arms she reached out her roots deep into the bedrock above, and below.

21:41 TheNabster Aight
21:42 TheNabster Manitou, Form of SUPPORTING PILLER. (Unleash powers +3)
21:42 TheNabster !r 2d6+3
21:42 Krysmbot TheNabster, 6+3 = 9

Can't think of an appropriate condition to mark here, so I will make it temporary/unstable


Manitou wheezed lightly under the weight, it was a lot heavier then she thought, but she'd hold on as long as she needed to keep this cavern from collapsing, her limbs creaked under the strain.

"I've got this... This isn't anything." She said looking all the world like it is in fact something and this is hard work.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



It's A Thrilling Underground Fight Scene, Part 3!

Tundra

Well, kid, I've got some good news and some bad news. I'll start with the good. The weird liquid is enough like water that you did indeed ice it all up! That fish-thing is in some trouble now. But, uh, here's the bad news. You know how you slipped away? Yeah, you kinda ended up on the wrong side of the ice. You're gonna need some help to get out of this one and soon. This stuff is doing all sorts of weird stuff to your magic and you're pretty sure it's going to do worse to you once that's gone.

Tundra is in a pickle! She's going to need someone to Defend or Unleash to get her out of the green, now-frozen goo.

In addition, the goo is eating at her magic! Exhaust one ability from the suite until the end of the session.


Assuming someone gets you out, what do you do?

All-American Girl, Sparrow

Those taser bullets do the trick! The fish-thing is forced out of the water and right into the path of Sparrow's lightning bolt! Whatever Tundra did seemed to have frozen all of the green stuff, at least for the moment, so despite trying to retreat back to safety it is forced to charge your twin blades. The strength of its onslaught, even down an arm, is enough to sneak through your defenses and land a powerful claw across AAG's chest.

All-American Girl Takes a Powerful Blow and the Fish-Knight marks Insecure.

That said, it was most certainly strength borne of desperation. You two quickly dispatch it. What kind of sick line do you two cap its defeat with, anyways? And, uh, where did Tundra go?

Fish-Knight is out of conditions to mark and is defeated!

What do you do?

Bombshell, Showstopper

You know, Showstopper, there's a reason people don't usually try to hit dinosaurs with guitars. Admittedly it's mostly because they can't, but it seems like you made it angry! It grabs you in its teeth and shakes you around a bit before tossing you to the side. At least you distracted it enough for Bombshell to hit it with the good stuff.

Showstopper Takes a Powerful Blow and the Skeletal T-Rex marks Angry.

Bombshell hammers it again and this time it seems like it's done. The energy coursing through her fist shoots throughout the bones and they crack and explode under the onslaught. Yet, even as the fragments shoot outwards, they are pulled back in by some unknown force and begin to spin rapidly. One particularly large chunk, you think it might be most of the skull, slams into the central pillar and explodes into dust. That's... that's not good. Is the cavern shaking?

Skeletal T-Rex is out of conditions and reveals the hidden ability: Bonenado!

Current Structural Integrity: 1/4


Though it isn't clear that it was ever very intelligent, it seems to have realized that messing with Bombshell is a bad idea. That thing is heading straight for Manitou and she looks a little too busy to defend herself! How do you stop a tornado, anyways?

What do you do?

Manitou

It is, indeed, very much a thing. While your efforts are keeping the cavern up for the moment, you're pretty sure that this place is about ready to come down. You have the advantage of not mixing it up with a giant, skeletal T-Rex or an assumedly evil fish-thing, so what do you see that is going to be vital to surviving this situation? Do you think you can detach from the roots that are spreading in the cavern if you need to?

Manitou's efforts boost the stability of the cavern!

Current Structural Integrity: 2/4


What do you do?

Enemy Status Update!


Skeletal Fish-Man? Rendered into Undead Sushi


Fossilized T-Rex Vaguely Dinosaur-Shaped Bone Tornado
Abilities:
-A Tornado is Coming: While it seems to have lost all coherent thought, such as it was, and is clearly on its last legs, you're really going to need to dig deep to lock this one down. How do you fight a tornado? You can't just punch it... can you?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

It grew from the seeaugh-
what did you do?





Fre: -1 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: None

[13:50:40] <GodFish> Take a Powerful Blow All American Girl
[13:50:53] <GodFish> !r 2d6
[13:50:55] <Krysmbot> GodFish, 2 = 2
[13:51:03] <GodFish> yesssss
potential get


The fishman's final attack is enough for him to push through and get in one last claw at me - only for it to run into my blade inches from my chest. "-ha-" The strike was powerful enough that my hand shaking slightly as it holds him back, and I'm even bracing the blade against him with my gun in my other hand, but I've stopped it. "You're a big fish in a small pond!" Adjusting the angle of my revolver slightly, I pull the trigger, firing my 6th taser round into it's chest. He forgot to count if I'd shot five or six times.

Breathing heavily, I start to put my sword away when I see the dinosaur split into a tornado of bones. That's... not good. And Tundra's trapped in the frozen goo water. We could probably really use her ice magic to stop this bonenado! "Heads up Tundra!" Crap, this angle is terrible, I'm going to hit her like this! "Sparrow, toss me up!" Waiting for her to get her hands into position, I reload my gun, then run forward, stepping onto her hands and leaping upwards, into the air. I'm not the best at acrobatics or anything, but a good high jump is good enough for this! Midair, I sight down at the ice freezing Tundra into place and fire off six shots, each one piercing into the ice around her in a rough circle, sending a spiderweb of cracks splintering through the ice around her and breaking her free. "Stop the Tornado Tundra!" I yell after my bullets as I fall back towards the ground.

I hope someone catches me!

[14:18:04] <GodFish> defend tundra
[14:18:08] <GodFish> !r 2d6+2
[14:18:08] <Krysmbot> GodFish, 11+2 = 13
Adding a team, taking influence, which I have, so raising Tundra's Superior, lowering Mundane

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +3 | Sup: +1 | Mun: 0
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions:


Tundra gasps for air after she gets back on land. "Okaaaaay this might sound stupid but DON'T GO INTO THAT WATER IT'S REALLY BAD!" she yells out.

Confusedly looking at AAG, she finally notices the tornado. "Oh! Okay. TUNDRA SAVES THE DAAAAAAY!" she yells out, jumping forward and glowing bright blue, a solid WALL of frost shoots out from her (Into every direction), creating a roughly tornado shaped pillar as well as freezing the walls, the water, and... well, her teammates.

"... Oops! Sorry!" she apologizes.

... before breaking the ice. Magically shattering the one encasing her teammates, she apologizes once more. As she does, suddenly, with a bright light, her magical girl form dissipates, leaving her as boring old Carol.

"... oh dear..."


quote:

22:39 Yamifenrir Tundra attempts to save the day!
22:39 Yamifenrir (Unleash)
22:39 Yamifenrir !r 2d6
22:39 Krysmbot Yamifenrir, 12 = 12
Exhausting divine armor.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Mar 19, 2017 around 22:09

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!




Freak: +1 | Danger: 0 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions:

Thankfully, I manage to prop the T-Rex's jaws open with my guitar, so I don't get torn apart. However, I can't avoid getting tossed end over end through the air, and I yell as I go flying through an arc through the air.

"FUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuucccccCCCCCCCKKK."

*THUMP*

I land, knocking the wind out of me as I slide along the slick ground. Then, I try to jump up to get back into the fight, but I have to double over wheezing. Leaning on my guitar, I half yell, half choke, "I'm coming! Just... give me a second." I bend over panting, trying to regain my breath. While I'm taking a breath, I look up at the boneado, looking for a core or something else that might make it vulnerable.

<Capfalcon> Take a powerful blow
<Capfalcon> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> Capfalcon, 8 = 8
Give ground to the Bonenado

<Capfalcon> Assess the situation
<Capfalcon> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Capfalcon, 2+2 = 4
<Capfalcon> womp

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: +3 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +1 | Mun: -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Underground Battle

There's a LOT going on. Main point is the Fishguy's toast - as is the T-Rex, and now it's a T-Rexnado... which, yeah sure OK, that's a thing that's happening now. Showstopper took a smack but he's in OK shape, Manitou's doing what I should be and holding this place up, Sparrow is... moving on, Tundra's froze herself or something, and now All American Girl's freed her and AHHHH she's falling! She can't fly, doesn't she know that?!

Breaking free of the ice Tundra just trapped me in and ignoring everything else, I take a few steps forward on the icy platform below, and then /leap/ to save the patriotic girl, timing things right and catching her in my arms. Hadn't ever hugged her before - I've wanted to - and now she's pressed up against me, protectively wrapped in my embrace since we still have airtime, so that's a thing too. "I gotcha All American Girl!" Don't freak out Holly, play this cool. Try and ignore how cute she is and just focus on what you're doing. No cheesy lines, say something cool. "That was some fancy shooting~" gently caress I AM SO BAD AT THIS.

Glancing into her eyes for just a second before we land, the impact of touching down doesn't exactly effect me at all - I can probably survive a bomb being dropped directly on top of me, I can definitely absorb some pathetic kinetic energy from a jump like that. I can't help but look - literally the most painful thing about today has been watching Sparrow flirt with her, how well they've gotten along, how much I wish she liked my that much - and, I dunno, I just wish I knew how to get her to feel the same way about me that I do about her... hell, even a tiny fraction of that. If I can just tell how she actually feels about me now, that'll make things way easier!

That second probably lasts about ten seconds too long though, and I awkwardly put All American Girl down when I realize what I've done. "Erm, you're safe now. Nice work on that Fish Guy, or whatever..." I'm basically invincible, I can ignore our fight for a bit and be fine, provided I don't die of embarrassment anyways.

<Rauri> Pierce All American Girl's All American Mask
<Rauri> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 9-1 = 8
How could I get your character to like Bombshell more?

Rauri fucked around with this message at Mar 20, 2017 around 07:33

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

It grew from the seeaugh-
what did you do?





Fre: -1 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: None

Oh, I'm not falling anymore.

...because I just got frozen by Tundra. Well, at least I won't have as far to fall, but ahhhhhh there I go again! I really can't move myself to get a decent landing now, before I might have been able to use my momentum for "ooofff!" I let out a breath of air and look up to see my savior, Bombshell, holding me tight to her as we fall back to the ground. "Thanks Bombshell!" I can barely even feel the impact as she lands, man, it must be nice to have powers like that. Imagine all the awesome things I could do if I was super strong along with being super talented!

We stare into each others eyes for awhile, and I'm about to say she can put me down, since she's still holding me tight to her, when she does. It was kind of nice, but I'm not a fragile baby either! "Thanks Bombshell." I repeat myself, slapping her on the back with a friendly smile, to patch over the slightly awkward moment I think both of us were feeling. "Good work on the dino-thing. Man, that was cool." I mime punching the air a couple times, looking up at the frozen bonenado that is the remains of it.

"so cool."

How to make All American Girl to like Bombshell - tell her how you feel! Ask her on a date! Compliment and flatter her!

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

...Can I feel your muscles?



Fre: +0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions:

"Phew." I put my sword back into it's sheath now that the fight's over, and take a quick look around the battlefield. Tundra's safe, that's good. I wish she didn't freeze us accidentally like that, but she did stop the bone... tornado... thing. Showstopper looks a little winded, but he'll be fine. All-American Girl is... being held... by Bombshell.

Oh. That's... Oh. I... I, uh, should go check on her. Yes. To make sure she's alright after the fight. I can check with the rest of the team later. Yes.

"Jess- All-American Girl!" I call out to her, "That... was amazing! You looked SO cool shooting your gun in mid-air like that! And oh my gosh, the way we worked together to take down that fish knight was AMAZING! That was-" I clear my throat, and quickly compose myself, so I sound less like a gushing fangirl, "I mean, that was well done! You and I make an excellent team, don't you think? The fish knight never had a chance against our twin blades. When this over, would you, perhaps, like to spar with me? I'm always looking to improve myself with the blade, and I think you would be an excellent partner!" Yes. Only sparring. Nothing else. I'm not using this as an excuse to spend more time with her.

quote:

8:19 AM <HugzillaPhone> Sparrow supports All American Girl!
8:20 AM <Krysmbot> HugzillaPhone, 9+3 = 12

Oh, I was so wrapped up in my talk with AAG, I almost forgot about Bombshell, "Ah, uh. Nice work taking down the skeletal t-rex, Bombshell," I say, a little less enthusiastically. I always had trouble talking to her. She's always giving me these nasty looks, and I don't know why. I wonder what I've done to make her so upset at me?

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Death, but with a gun





Freak +3 | Danger +1 | Savior +1 | Superior -1 | Mundane -1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Angry

Dangling from the pillar of her own creation, Manitou breaths a sigh of relief. Hopefully that should be most of the excitement over, with no further interference from any horrible monsters what so ever, and certainly no more attacks.

With a complicated process that could best be described as, 'pulling herself out of herself' the Pumpkin head of Manitou detaches itself from the now solidifying pillar of wood with a Pop and bounces off the ground next to her friends. It wasn't the most graceful landing as she rolled to a stop muttering under her breath as she did.

"We should be pretty close to the source of all this strangeness i think." Tendrils from the exposed base of her Pumpkin head rapidly sprouted as she regrew her body, righting herself and standing up gingerly on new legs. "I'll just take in this air a bit, and we can keep going. Unless you wanna stop for a bit... I can do that too."

18:27 TheNabster Manitou looks for MAGIC GUBBINS. +3 Freak
18:27 TheNabster !r 2d6+3
18:27 Krysmbot TheNabster, 9+3 = 12
18:27 TheNabster Ye

We continue on our quest for WEIRD STUFF


After a few moments in which she stared into space and into the vast cosmos of luminous fungus above them, Manitou turns away from the group. "Shoooould be over there? I think? This place is confusing me."

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: +3 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +1 | Mun: -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Underground Battle

I... I don't understand. Does All American Girl actually like me or something? Why? But like, she has to! She just pantomimed my moves, talking about how amazing they are, and... she even thinks I'm cool and not a freak - she's totally too honest to lead me on or lie about something like that - and maybe she doesn't like Sparrow as much as I thought she did?

Suddenly, Sparrow interjects, swooping down out of nowhere to steal my moment from me, because of COURSE she does. I have NO idea what I did to make her hate me so much, but I have had it up to loving here with her. I swear, I literally have to restrain myself, eyes going from blue to that unnatural red-pink the very instant I figure out what she's up to. Ughhhh. "Yeah, thanks, no big deal. Wasn't having a conversation or anything." Giving one last look at All American Girl, I stomp off, not willing to actually hit Sparrow over this, but not sure I won't if I stick around.

Ah poo poo, it's sorta obvious as I walk away that Showstopper's a little worse for wear, probably my fault. "Sorry about abandoning you dude," I mention, though given that I sound PISSED and my eyes are glowing with energy / rage, how convincing I am might be suspect. "You alright?"

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

It grew from the seeaugh-
what did you do?





Fre: -1 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +2
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: None

I'll mark potential~

"Thanks Sparrow!" I grin back at her as I turn to face her properly - rather pleased to be getting such positive feedback from two of my new team members so far. And it's pretty obvious now, she does like me, it wasn't just a slip of the tongue~ Even more pleased with myself, I'm happy to return the favor. "Yeah, that team up went great, and I'd love to practice with you - but you'll need to use your magic if you want to stand a chance~" I stick out my tongue briefly, quite enjoying myself. It's not just empty bluster either, she was good, but I definitely was doing better during that fight. Which I'm glad of. I can't let someone who can also use magic surpass me in skill. "But seriously, where did..."

Oh, yikes, Bombshell doesn't look happy! She's stomped off, but... I lean in towards Sparrow, lowering my voice. "sooooo, what's the deal between you two?" You know, maybe we should just go look at whatever Manitou's found. "Tell me later - What's that Manitou?" I shuffle over towards her, looking around in the direction she's facing.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



A Thrilling Underground Post-Fight Breather!

Well, that was exciting! With some minor complications along the way, you've destroyed the opposition and, if Manitou is right, have a pretty good idea of where all this weirdness is coming from. How do you feel about your first big victory under Sparrow's regime? What do you think is causing all of that undead weirdness, anyways? Lichthos? Someone something else?

With the threat of imminent collapse contained by the Manitou's roots and Tundra's icy explosion, the cavern seems a safe enough spot to rest and take a breather after that excitement. How do you spend the downtime before you get back to investigating?

I'll try and get a mini-prompt up tomorrow for anyone who forgoes celebrations to check out Manitou's lead.

All-American Girl

For not being popular (or trusted?) enough to be the leader, you're pretty popular with the team! Bombshell and Sparrow seem like they're butting heads over getting to spend time around you. How do you feel about all that? Are you going to stir things up more or try to keep the peace? What's the score with Showstopper, anyways? Still mad over his terrible betrayal?

What do you do?

Tundra

Wow, that's got to be new. Have you ever run into something that's tried to eat your magic like that before? Any stories from the legacy of anything like that? More pertinently, did the team know you as plain-jane Carol? Are you worried about running into anything else like that while you're stuck in your civilian form?

What do you do?

Showstopper

Typical. You fight an incredibly awesome skeletal t-rex/tornado thing with some face-melting riffs and all the rest of the team cares about is fighting over All-American Girl. How do you feel about that? Do you think she's still mad about that whole leader thing? What do you say to Bombshell? And, as always, what's your latest plot to get the respect from the team you obviously deserve?

What do you do?

Bombshell

Can you even believe Sparrow? Wow. She's relentless. Putting that aside for a moment, how do you feel about the fight? You may have almost dropped the roof on everyone, sure, you're still like 90% of why the team made it through that fight so easily. Alright, alright, back to relationship drama. It seems like AAG thinks you're pretty awesome. How are you going to handle that?

What do you do?

Sparrow

Way to go, player! AAG seems like she's picking up what you're throwing down, even if you did try to run it back last time. What's the plan on that? Are you worried that Bombshell seems to get a little antsy whenever you even talk to AAG? What did you think about the team's performance? Any tweaks for next time? What's the plan from here? You are the leader, after all!

What do you do?

Manitou

Typical, right? It seems like you're the only one keeping things from spiraling out of control. How's it feel being the responsible one? Did you ever think that would be how the team would shake out? Who do you think is the second-most responsible? What does it feel like when you regrow your body like that, anyways?

What do you do?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!




Freak: +1 | Danger: 0 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions:

Yeah, it's a bit disappointing to hear everyone fawning over All American. Don't get me wrong. I'm sure whatever she did was cool and all, but what's a guy gotta do to get noticed around here?

As if to answer my question, Bombshell storms over and... apologizes? Sounding skeptical, I say, "For what? You ain't my babysitter or anything." I finally find my feet and stand all the way up. Shrugging, I add, "I got cocky, and I got sent on a trip. It happens. Something to learn for next time"

Ok, yeah, I'm a little annoyed that she ran off to catch All American while I was still trying to pick myself up from getting tossed, but how pathetic would it be to say that out loud? And we won. No point in bitching about it now.

Pushing that thought aside, I grin, continuing, "And come on. That was badass. We fought Sue! Or at least someone in her family tree! And we were awesome! I set 'em up perfect for you, and you went in and smashed it to bits. You're really awesome..." My grin fades as I actually get a good look at Bombshell. Yikes. I quickly amend my statement, "And pissed. Awesome and pissed about something, huh?" I glance back at All American and Sparrow. Since she came storming over here, I figure it has something to do with them. I snort and then say, "Well, I'm in the doghouse with them too, so you're in good company. All American's pissed with me because I didn't vote for her, and Fearless Leader thinks I'm a screw up." Nothing like some good ol' fashioned venting to feel better about things!

<Capfalcon_work> comfort bombshell
<Capfalcon_work> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Capfalcon_work, 9+1 = 10


Now, I'll admit that I might be taking that whole tracker situation from earlier a little personally (and exaggerating even that to make Bombshell feel better), but I know All American is still mad at me. She's not the leader, and now Sparrow has a win under the belt to point to. Outside of actually losing, the fight couldn't have gone worse from her perspective. Of course, short of active sabotage, I'm not really sure what I could have done to make her happier about the outcome.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at Mar 24, 2017 around 12:32

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

...Can I feel your muscles?



Fre: +0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions:

Adding a Team to the pool!

I grin back at AAG, "Oh, I'm plenty capable without my 'magic,' I assure you~" My smile quickly fades when Bombshell storms off, and AAG asks me her question, "It's... it's complicated."

"Alright, everybody," I address the team, "Let's rest up for now. We'll continue to follow Manitou's lead when we're all ready to go."

The team did well. Very well, and they didn't even need me. Some "leader" I turned out to be. A leader is supposed to inspire confidence, and lead their team into battle, but I've done none of those things. All I've done so far is embarrass myself multiple times, awkwardly banter with AAG, and shoot lightning at a fish knight. Everybody else handled themselves well enough without me.

If mother was here, she'd be telling me I need to be more confident in myself, but I don't exactly have her overflowing confidence. I'm constantly second-guessing myself, and I'm never sure if I'm making the right decision or not. The tension between Bombshell and I isn't exactly helping any, either.

Speaking of Bombshell, AAG was asking me about her, so I should at least tell her. I wait until she's done speaking with Manitou before I pull her aside, away from the rest of the group, "The thing between me and Bombshell is..." I look at Bombshell, and then back at AAG, and sigh, "...I think she hates me, and I don't know why. She's always so... angry when I'm around," especially now, I don't think I've ever seen her so angry, "It's like everything I say makes her mad. I keep wondering about what I could have possibly done to make her hate me so much, but I can't think of anything. I want to talk to her, but I'm afraid she won't listen to anything I have to say."

I sigh again, and run a hand through my hair, "...Jessica, can I be honest with you? I'm... not honestly sure if I'm cut out to be a leader. There's so much pressure involved, and this whole thing with Bombshell... isn't helping. I try to be strong, but the truth is, I'm scared. Scared that all I'll really do is let you all down. What kind of "leader" am I if I don't even have any confidence in myself?" I turn my head away from AAG, and look at the cavern ahead of us, "...Sorry, I didn't mean to dump all my troubles onto you. I think I just needed somebody to talk to, and I just... I just felt like..." my cheeks start to redden a little, "I could talk to you about this."

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

It grew from the seeaugh-
what did you do?





Fre: -1 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +2
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: None

Oh, okay, break time I guess. I don't really mind. Moving over to the side with Sparrow I listen intently, glancing over at Bombshell occasionally. "huh... you didn't do anything to her?" There must have been something, Bombshell seems... kind of sensitive, but generally friendly with everyone else? Or at least not hostile. Definitely awkward. That said... Now she's telling me how she doesn't think she's cut out to be the leader? Well! "You did fine!" That's a lie, she didn't do badly, but she didn't really do anything either. "You know..." I'm a little hesitant, this feels a little awkward to say after that heartfelt speech, "you don't have to be the leader if you don't want to." There's someone who wants to be the leader right here, in front of you, talking to you.

[20:22:00] <GodFish> provoke sparrow
[20:22:03] <GodFish> !r 2d6+1
[20:22:04] <Krysmbot> GodFish, 5+1 = 6
I have influence! Its a 7
Mark potential if you give leadership to All American Girl/put it up to a vote, etc


I feel like... this is my chance, I with a push I might be able to get her to give up on it, but that's... too mean. If she doesn't want to, I'm not going to complain about her giving up, but I can't bring myself to try and actively crush her self esteem. And she's looking so down, I unhelpfully try to cheer her up a little. "But, if you're going to stick with it, just keep trying, right? You'll learn! I mean, I can't use magic, or punch through walls or... do... plant magic stuff... all I can do is shoot really well and swordfight, and it wasn't like I could do either of those when I started out either. I just trained and trained and practiced and trained some more until I was good enough to fight with superpowered people. And you wouldn't say I don't belong here now ...would you?" That last bit came out a little more anxiously than I meant....

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, ask them to confirm or deny that you should be here. If they confirm it, mark potential and give them Influence over you. If they deny it, mark Angry and shift 1 Label up and 1 Label down, your choice.

GodFish fucked around with this message at Mar 28, 2017 around 04:03

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +3 | Sup: +1 | Mun: 0
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions:


Carol kind of awkwardly stands at the sideline of the conversation. Speaking up, she sounds awfully... tired.

"Uhm... sorry to interrupt... but I kind of have a bit of a problem." she sheepishly announced. "Between that attack just now and the weird water sucking out of most of my power... I'm... kind of lacking the magical part of magical girls right now. ... Sorry."

After Sparrow announces her worries, Tundra tries to refute them. "I... I think you did a good job!"


quote:

19:38 Yamifenrir Tundra tries to support Sparrow!
19:38 Yamifenrir !r 2d6
19:38 Krysmbot Yamifenrir, 5 = 5
19:38 Yamifenrir welp
19:38 Yamifenrir forgot to check for influence, but... yeaaaah

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Mar 28, 2017 around 18:02

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

...Can I feel your muscles?



Fre: +0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions:

"...Keep trying, huh?" I think over what she said, "...You're right. I don't have to be the leader, but I think... I think I should keep trying, for a little while longer."

Rejecting the provoke. Sorry AAG!

"And All-American Girl," I give her a small smile, "It's true you don't have magic, or super strength, but you have the one thing that counts the most when it comes to being a hero," I point to her chest, "You have heart, and lots of it. You work hard, you try hard, and you never give up, and that is what's most important. If anything, I should learn to be more like you," I chuckle.

"So yes, I'd say you belong here, just as much as anyone else, and I'm glad I could have someone like you by my side."

Confirming that AAG belongs here. She gets to mark potential, and since I already have influence, I'm shifting her savior up, and freak down.

"Oh!" Oh gosh, I've been so wrapped up in my own thoughts that I've almost forgotten about Carol! "Thank you, Tundra. And hey, don't worry about it, alright? All that matters is that you're alright, and I'm sure your powers will come back to you eventually," I reassure her, "And besides, you really saved the day there! If it wasn't for your magic, I'm not sure how else we could've taken down the boneado!"

quote:

<Hugzilla> Sparrow comforts Tundra! (+1 for influence)
<Hugzilla> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, 12+2 = 14

Adding another Team if Tundra opens up.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

It grew from the seeaugh-
what did you do?





Fre: -2 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +3 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +2
Potential: 5/5 | Conditions: None

I won't lie and say I'm not disappointed, but... I'm also glad I didn't just talk-crush her self-esteem or something like that. So I greet her decision with a slightly conflicted smile. "Yeah, give it another try, and if you don't like doing it, you can make me Leader." I nudge her side with my elbow, trying to play it off like a joke. I'm super serious though. Easy not to dwell on that though when she tells me I do belong and she's happy to have me here - I'd meant it more as a rhetorical question, kind of, but I'm very happy she decided to give it a serious answer. "Aw, thanks Sparrow!" I give her a squeeze, beaming, and then turn to look at Tundra or... Carol... as well. "Yeah, you were great Tundra, but... does that mean your power is connected to your dress then?" I thought it was just something she wore, like my costume. Or, well really everyone's costume.

Leaving Sparrow and Tundra to discuss the situation, I move over towards Manitou whose off on her own for the moment. "That was amazing, back there, with the tree, and the head stuff and-" Trying to gesture out her head falling off the tree and regrowing a body... does not work at all, as it turns out, so after basically flailing my hands around wildly for a second I just give up and look slightly embarrassed. "-you know. It looked cool. Does it feel weird? Oh, uh, feel free to tell me to shut up or something if you don't want to talk about it." Might be kind of a touchy subject now that I think about it. Awkward.

When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, tell them how they're awesome and add a Team to the pool. If they tell you how you're awesome in return, add another Team to the pool.

+1 Team so far!

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: +3 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +1 | Mun: -1
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Underground Aftermath

Showstopper actually doesn't seem scared of me... no, more than that, he said that he thinks I'm awesome - that what we did is awesome, and he describes it in detail. It's, I'm almost confused actually. Both him and All American Girl actually seem to like having me around, and not just because of the whole 'living weapon' thing. Well, mostly that, but they don't seem to mind me. I have to admit he's right about the fight being fun too, since 'I fought a Dinosaur Skeleton and Punched It In The Face' is going to be a pretty incredible story to brag about for the rest of my life, however long that lasts.

Then he starts talking all about Sparrow and All American Girl, and yeah... if my eyes weren't red already, they would be now. I am still pretty pissed. Nodding after Showstopper's tale, I sympathize - even if my face doesn't display that at all - and quickly spin my own tale of woe. "She thinks I'm a screw up too. Back in our hometown, after I got my powers? She offered to train me how to use them - like she's so much better than I am, just 'cuz of her mom..." And now she's after the girl I like.

gently caress it, no one else is listening to us - I have to get this off my chest. "You know... a year ago, I used to be normal. I was like a cheerleader and stuff, I had friends, people liked having me around and I was happy... now everybody, even my own parents, just think of me as a weapon. My life is hosed, and Sparrow gets to have everything I want, even All Am-"

I cut myself off, this isn't a loving reality show. Grimacing at him, I'm sure Showstopper will keep this to himself. Still though... "And it's bullshit. And, uh, thanks for saying I'm awesome. Really. Your music thing's cool too, hang later? I gotta thing to do first," ask All American Girl out, come hell or high water, "but after that I'm free - I got some records I can put on too, if you want. Can't play, but love to listen - you do like some punk thing right? More into metal myself, but willing to give your stuff a listen after today~"

Sharing a vulnerability with Showstopper - Bombshell pretty much hates her life and is jealous of Sparrow. Gaining a potential via earlier comfort, and Showstopper gets Influence over Bombshell / Bombshell gets to hold 2 towards helping him as if it were team.

Rauri fucked around with this message at Apr 3, 2017 around 06:35

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +3 | Sup: +1 | Mun: 0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions:


Carol smiles when Sparrow reassures her. "Thanks... I sure hope you're right." she replies, looking through the group. "I'll rely on you all in the meantime! ... Sorry to be a burden..."

"No, AAG, it's more like... an external expression of my magic! I'm a magical girl, right? The dress... just kinda comes with that." Tundra explains before AAG walks off.


Marking potential! As my advance, I'll pick up the remaining powers of my suite: legendary speed, and mythic might! ... as soon as Coral gets her powers back, anyway.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!




Freak: +1 | Danger: 0 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions:

...Holy poo poo, that went way better than I expected.

Of course, I give her the sympathetic ear she's looking for, and I even keep cool when she basically says she's crushing on All American. drat, I'm happy I'm not in Sparrow's shoes right now. That could get messy.

But then she starts talking about music, and yes, this is great. I'm already looking forward to getting done with digging around caves and junk, and hanging out with Bombshell afterwards just makes it all the better. I nod, saying, "Totally. Don't get me wrong, you totally kick rear end, but you're pretty cool, too. Can't wait to actually play music for someone with some taste." I lean in, whispering, "No offense, but I think All American unironically likes stadium country. I mean, I get that tastes differ and all, but come on." I grin at that, letting her know I'm just messing around. "Anyway, I'm gonna take a look around while you guys have your chat. With any luck we won't have to trudge around down here any more. And... uh... good luck with that other thing you're gonna talk about."

I go over to join Manitou, saying, "So, you found something over here? What do you think it is? Another path, or is it actually here?" I tune my detector a little more, trying to clean up the reading as I talk.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Death, but with a gun





Freak +3 | Danger +1 | Savior +1 | Superior -1 | Mundane -1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Angry

Who is or who isn't responsible doesn't matter as long as eventually we get the job done surely? She hopes anyway, maybe they just need to sit down and hug it out afterwards...

The feeling of growing back your body, is a bit like the feeling you get when you sleep on your arm funny and you wake up unable to feel it. A phantom dead-weight from something that should be there, and then slowly feeling returning to your body as you, actually gain a body again. And also pins and needles, lots of pins and needles. A whole body regrowth made her feel like Bambi on ice for a good few minutes afterwards walking on numb feet with numb legs and keeping balance with numb arms whilst her head span from the effort. So she tries to avoid doing it as much as possible.

Manitou wasn't listening to the conversation right now, she was trying to make sense of what her confused magical nerves were trying to tell her. And what they were saying was somewhere between ten or more signals created by this weirdly distorted space as she was trying to filter through them in her head.

It would help if she had some help of course.

"So, you found something over here? What do you think it is? Another path, or is it actually here?"

That'll do nicely, we may have bumped heads further above over our interpretation of our various devices, but with that fish monster out of the way, he could be of great help. "I'm fine thank you Showstopper, I just need... Could you point your scanner over, here maybe? What does it say now?" She said, as she gently took his hand and pointed it towards where she thinks is the most likely source of this strangeness.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



A Thrilling Underground Finale!

As the mingling, congratulating, and heartfelt reveals of inner turmoil fade and the tense quiet of the cavern reasserts itself, Showstopper and Manitou put their heads together and manage to triangulate the signal. It's on the far end of the cavern, but between the crumbling structure being secured by roots and ice and the only apparent foes defeated, you manage the trip with little enough incident. Tundra Carol, now does almost manage to slide back into the odd, green goo that had sapped her powers at one point, but someone lends her a helping hand and saves her from certain doom. Was it you?

It's a journey of strange sights and sounds, for sure. Perhaps not as immediately threatening as the undead, but strange nonetheless. What did you see that struck you as particularly unusual? If it stood between the group and your goal, what clever trick or application of your powers cleared the way?

Soon enough, the object that has drawn you all down deep beneath the town you once called home comes into sight. It's a pale, green orb. It's floating at about head level and you can see the goo that has covered much of the cavern is dripping from it in a small, but steady stream. Is it the source of the planar conflux that Tundra mentioned? How long has it been here? What connection does it have to Lichthos and the mysterious portal of city hall? The answers are not clear, though the senses of the Manitou and Showstopper's detector are veritably screaming with the proximity.

One thing is clear: You probably shouldn't just leave it here. What do you want to do with it?

This is a bit of a mini-prompt. Once you come to a consensus to take it, destroy it, or some other option I hadn't considered, I'll update with the mechanics for accomplishing that!

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: +3 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +1 | Mun: -1
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Afraid Underground Aftermath

Oh, Showstopper walked off. He thinks I'm cool, but Showstopper wants me to deal with All American Girl before we hang out - at least, that's the message I'm getting. He's probably right too, so I'm going to do that, my own way. He's off talking to Manitou anyways - I should've done that. I'm supposed to be her friend, but I'm garbage at that too. Great.

The pair of them figure out where we're supposed to go, speaking of them, and as a team we head towards where they direct. Some more carefully than others - Tundra nearly ends up in yet more goo, and it's only my stupid mutation or alteration or whatever you want to call my freakish condition that saves her. Guessing Wrath never figured I'd manage to help somebody with the Red Engine he inflicted on me, but there it is. She's strong and fast, don't get me wrong, even when she's making a dumb mistake, but me? I'm powered by my own anger - and turns out it's way stronger than her stupid magic - it's stronger than everything I've come across. Regardless, a big patch of goo Tundra nearly slid right into is spared a heroine shaped indentation courtesy my powered muscles and speed. Thanks Wrath, you rear end in a top hat.

With our goal in view - and that glowing orb is so obviously our goal - and a ton of energy between us and it, I think I know what I need to do here... what I want to do here, and apparently that's to Suffer. See, it's leaking that stupid goo, it's getting everywhere, and I think that's what's causing this whole trip to be so bizarre. It's sorta like tripping on hospital drugs, but with the benefit of being deeply underground and half the team contemplating what'll happen if the place collapses - that is to say, deeply terrifying. I swear I saw my own energy for a moment as we moved towards this place, but that's not possible.

Regardless, the Orb's making a mess, and I'm the tough person on our team. The strong person... the one not strong enough to talk to anyone about how I feel, how miserable I am, how much I'm hurt. Whatever, again, I'm the toughest person here - so I dart towards the orb, through the occasional waves of energy it's emitting, and grab a hold of it. Not sure what the plan is for now, but I've got a hold of the drat thing, so I think that counts for something. "Smash or grab guys and gals? This thing feels like a super cold drink - rather not hold it longer than I have to, anyone bring an orb koozie?"

<Rauri> Bombshell Unleash Powers
<Rauri> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 6+1 = 7
Gaining Afraid, since yeah Bombshell is terrified that All American Girl is going to reject her to the point she delayed asking her out. Weird traps < teenage drama.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +3 | Sup: +1 | Mun: 0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions:

"Thanks, Bombshell!" Tundra says to her savior. "Can't believe I slipped again... sorry..."

With a bitter smile, she turns to Bombshell. "You know, you're pretty cool. I kinda wish you wouldn't be so mean to Sparrow, though... What did she do to you, anyway?"

As the question of the orb comes up, she quickly brings up her own suggestion. "I say we should bring it with us. It's possible just destroying it would make this mess down here permanent. My mom or grandma probably would know a way to deal with this thing in a better fashion. They're well versed in magical things like this."


quote:

17:00 Yamifenrir Tundra attempt to comfort Bombshell!
17:00 Yamifenrir !r 2d6+0
17:00 Krysmbot Yamifenrir, 10+0 = 10
If she opens up, I add a point of Team to the pool.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!




Freak: +1 | Danger: 0 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions:

Working with Manitou, I make sure that we're going the right way, while she's making sure I'm not chasing any ghosts.

...Well, chasing any false signals. Who knows? We might be tracking ghosts.

Once we get deeper, the lights strung up along the tunnel abruptly stop. Grumbling, I whip together a quick mini lantern from some half finished gadgets I was carrying around. Yeah, boring, I know, but breaking your neck in a tunnel like this would be a pretty ignoble way to go as a hero.

While we're walking along in the tunnel, I take a moment to pull back a little to get in a word with All American, "Look, I know you're still pissed with me for my vote, but could we just skip to the part where we agree to bury the hatchet? I don't want to spend all our time on the team sniping at each other, ok?"

Once we finally find what we're looking for, I turn off the shrieking detectors I'm holding and give the orb the stink eye as Bombshell describes it. Finally, I just shrug and say, "Seems like serious trouble. I'd smash it, personally. That way no one else could use it."

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at Apr 13, 2017 around 18:55

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

It grew from the seeaugh-
what did you do?





Fre: -2 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +3 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +2
Potential: 5/5 | Conditions: None

I won't pretend it didn't hurt that Manitou completely ignored me, but, I guess that's technically like telling me to shut up if I was being rude? So, fine, I'll just bite my tongue and head along the tunnel, but that doesn't make me any more interested in Showstopper's garbage attempt to make things better by just acting like he didn't cause this. "Well," I glare at him, barely noticing the weirdly fossilized body of what looks like a sabre-tooth tiger with too many legs encased in more of that ooze which would have been something I'd stop to look at otherwise, "it'd help if you apologized, and told me why you didn't vote for me. Didn't I do a good job on our mission? What happened to loyalty and friendship and that crap?"

At the orb, I give it a curious look. That thing is radiating so much magic even I can practically feel it, imagine what I could do if I got some of that. And thoughts like that aside, we can't destroy it without knowing if it's something important. "We should take it out of here and figure out what it is. I could encase it with one of my gel-bullets so no-one has to touch it directly, if that'd help?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!




Freak: +1 | Danger: 0 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions:

During the tunnel trek
Seriously? I let out a disgusted snort and say, "Apologize for what? Making a decision you didn't like? Yeah, I didn't vote for you, because I thought Sparrow would do a better job. She's got more experience and more training than us. But that doesn't mean you did a bad job. You did just fine."

I look away and add, "Busting my chops all the time over stuff that wasn't your business didn't help, though." Unless she stops me, I'm going to go walk off back towards the front with Manitou to make sure we're still going the right way.

Hey, I tried, ok?

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply