Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Fre: +0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +2 | Mun: +0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions:

"Uh, yes! W-we'll, uh, w-won't let you d-d-down, Agent Starsu- STENSON!" I stutter out. I might have only been half-listening to the briefing, which was very uncharacteristic of me. Normally, I would hang on to every word, and take detailed notes, and try to come up with plan in advance, but I'm a little... pre-occupied, right now. I still can't believe they actually voted me as team leader, and aside from Bombshell (Why does she have to keep giving me that look?), the vote was unanimous. They're all looking at me to lead them, and I don't even know how. What do I do? Mother never taught me how to lead a team before. Agh, why couldn't they have made All-American Girl the leader instead? She is much more suited for the role than I!

...Deep breaths. I need to take a deep breath. Calm down. I can do this, somehow. I need to remember there are more important things to worry about, like the Dark Rider. I couldn't take my mind of that whole encounter with them, it felt so... off. What were they trying to accomplish? It couldn't have been a simple rampage. What was with the fog they created? Who are they? There were so many questions left unanswered, so I decided to do a little digging. I combed through my mother's old files to see if a situation like this has ever happened before, and much to my surprise, it has. One of her files talks about a masked villain, who had powers similar to what we encountered, and whoever they are, they had ties to the mob organization she took down.

The one we recently met, they can't be the same person, can they? If they are, why pop up now? Does it have something to do with the Lichthos? I guess that's why we're here, so we can figure this whole mystery out.

"O-oh!" I was popped out of my thoughts when All American Girl starts speaking, "T-that's a good idea, yes. W-w-we should... we should," I clear my throat, "We should follow whatever leads we have. Something big is going down, and it's our job to find out what, and stop it before it becomes a problem for the city." I rest a hand on the hilt of my sword, and look at the rest of my team. They're all depending on me now (except for Bombshell), and I know I can't let them down. I force a smile, and say, "...No matter what happens, I know we can do this. Together, we will overcome whatever hardships that is in our way! We," I drew my sword out my sheath, and pointed it ever so dramatically at the sky, "Are the Justice Friends! Our hearts are united under one cause; justice! No evil shall escape from our sight! We are... we are..." I look around at all the blank stares everybody is giving me, and feel my face go red with embarrassment. I slowly sheath back my sword, and after a moment of awkward silence, I finally say, "...Yea, uh, we... should probably be heading off now."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Fre: +0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +2 | Mun: +0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions:

I didn't go with the others for burgers. Not because I don't enjoy burgers, or their company, but mostly because I needed some time alone to think. I spent most of my time sitting on the tallest I could find rooftop, thinking.

A leader is supposed to inspire confidence, but I think I might have done the opposite of that. Agh! What is wrong with me!? Why is this making me so nervous!? What happened to the Sparrow who took down all those bank robbers, by herself!? What happened to the Sparrow who bravely challenged the fearsome Scythana to a duel, and barely won!?

..That Sparrow didn't have to deal with the pressure of leading a team. She didn't have to be responsible for four other people. What if... my orders gets them hurt? What if... all I do is make things worse? What if... what if I can't do it? What if I just can't be a leader? Maybe I should just... resign from the role, and pass it on to someone actually worthy, like All-American Girl. Heck, I bet even Bombshell can do a better job leading than I can. Yes, I'll just... resign as leader. When we meet up, I'll tell them of my decision, apologize, and...

...Agh, what am I even saying!? I can't just... give up, that's not like me! I should at least try... shouldn't I? I should try my best, and learn from any mistakes I might make. Giving up now, after they've all decided to put their faith in me, would be selfish. What would it say about me, as a hero, and as a person, if I gave up without even trying? I can't let them down, not after they've decided to put their faith in me as leader. All I can do now... is try, and hope for the best.

...No matter how scared I am, right now...

------

My nerves are a lot calmer when I meet up with rest at the Underground Summitview tour. I might still be a little nervous, but at least I don't feel like I'm about to fall apart this time. I take the time to carefully listen to the rest of the team, hearing what they have to say first, before I speak.

"I think," I say, to Showstopper, "It would be better if we all stick together. Splitting up is too risky," and putting me together with Bombshell is nothing but a recipe for disaster, "We don't know what we'll find down in these tunnels, but I'm guessing it won't be good. If we stay together, we'll be more than able to handle whatever trouble we might run into." I turn to Showstopper, "You have the tracker, so we'll go to where you point us to."

"If there's no objections to grouping up, I suggest we prepare ourselves to head down the tunnel Showstopper's pointing to."

Okay, phew, that wasn't so hard! My knees aren't shaking, and I'm not stuttering anymore! I just need to keep this up for however long this mission is going to take. No pressure!

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at Feb 14, 2017 around 18:48

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Fre: +0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +2 | Mun: +0
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions:

"I think we should-" annnnd AAG pipes in with her plan before I could say anything. "That's a decent plan, but-" annnd I'm interrupted again, this time by Showstopper. "Guys, can we seriously just-" annnnd now Bombshell cuts in (Not like I expected her to ever listen to me. What does she have against me?). "Guys, seriously, just listen-" annnnd I'm cut off by AAG. Again.

"Can you all PLEASE CALM DOWN for a second!?" I yell at from the top of my lungs, as my words echo throughout the tunnel. I might be a little frustrated right now.

"Manitou is right. We can't split up. We all need to stick together, as a team. If we split our strength, we'll be giving our enemies the advantage." I turn to Showstopper, "I don't doubt the effectiveness of your tracker, but Manitou and Tundra is more connected to magic than any of us are, so I believe she would have a better sense of where the source is. We'll follow her lead, for now, and see where it takes us."

I turn to AAG, and say, "...AAG, can I please talk to you for a second?" I pull her aside, from the rest of the group. Once we're away from the team, I say, "Listen, I-" I pause, thinking of how to phrase my next few words, "I know you're not happy having your leadership role taken away from you, and I understand that, but we-" I take a deep breath, "We... we can't let this get in the way of our mission. We need to work together, as a team. Whatever issues we might have can wait until after we're done."

I take another deep breath, and say , "...I'm sorry if that came off a little harsh, but I... I actually don't want there to be any trouble between us. I actually- well, I actually, uh," Huh, why am I getting so nervous all of a sudden, "I... actually really like you, Jessica."

...Wait.

What did I just say?

"I MEAN as a friend, and valued comrade, of course! Yes! What else could I mean!? Hahaha! It's not like I meant anything MORE with that comment! Hahahahahahaha!" Oh god oh god oh god I need to find a way to make this less awkward, "Anyways! Mission! Plan! Team! we should! Go! Now! Hahahahahahahhahahaha!" I quickly turn away from AAG, and walk away as fast as I can. I'm pretty sure my entire face is red as a paste now.

quote:

10:28 AM <HugzillaPhone> Sparrow comforting AAG! (+1 from influence)
10:29 AM <Krysmbot> HugzillaPhone, 4+1 = 5

~welp~

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Fre: +0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions:

Why did I do that? What possessed me to say... that to Jessica? We're just friends! It's not like I actually like her that way... right? Or... do I? Ahhhhhh, why am I thinking of this right now!? I should be focusing on our current mission, not on whether I have feelings for Jessica or not! Which I don't! I think?

...Mother would be teasing me to no end if she saw me right now.

Focus, Sparrow! Keep your head in the game! You can think about how to deal with all this later!

I can't help but be a little surprised when we walk out into a large cavern. Has this always been here? I've lived in Summitview my whole life, and I've never heard of any underground caverns. Something about this place feels... off, and it's not until Tundra gives her explanation when it all starts to make a little more sense. Magic. Of course. I don't have that much experience with magic, but mother has shared with me her stories about her dealing with magic. "Don't even try to make sense of it. When somebody says "it's magic!" Just nod your head, and move on with your life," is what she would say.

Magic aside, I can't shake the feeling that we're being watched, and Showstopper helps confirm that feeling. "Alright, Justice Friends," I lower a hand to my sword, "Get ready. It looks like we're in for a fight."

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Fre: +0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions:

"Wah!" Before I could even process what happened, All-American Girl pushes me out of the way of the skeletal fish-man thing. That was... sloppy. I can't believe I let my guard down like that, "T-thanks!" I sheath out of my own sword, and take a quick moment to survey the battlefield. Okay, there's this fish knight and then there's a... giant... skeletal... T-Rex....

....That's...that's...that's....HOLY WOW! THAT'S SOOOO AWESOME! Oh my God! I can't wait to tell mom about this! We got to fight an actual dinosaur! A skeleton dinosaur! That's like, two cool things put together to make the coolest thing in the world!

Ahhh, focus, Sparrow! Don't get distracted by the the T-rex no matter how goshdarn cool it is, focus on the enemy in front of you! It looks like everybody else has the T-rex handled, leaving All-American Girl and I to handle the fish knight. I stand beside her, sword drawn at the ready. Okay, now I just need to look for an opening, find a way to take this thing down fast.

"So, All-American Girl, how do you feel about sushi?" Wow Sparrow, is that really your idea of team banter? Ugghhh, that was soooo lame.

quote:

<Hugzilla> Sparrow! Assess the situation!
<Hugzilla> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, 7+1 = 8

how could we best end this quickly?
what here is in the greatest danger?

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Fre: +0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions:

Oh, no. This is bad. This is really bad. "Everyone! Be careful! Bombshell's red energy is spreading inside the walls, and if we're not careful, we might set off an explosion! We need to finish this fight, fast!"

I focus my attention back to the fish knight, or at least the ripples it's leaving in the water. My eyes follow the ripples closely. All-American Girl might not be hitting the fish knight with her bullets, but it looks like she's not giving it much of a chance to run away and hide, either. "Over there!" I point to the metal fin sticking out of the water, and as soon as I do, the fish knight leaps out for another strike, except this time, I'm ready for it. "To answer your question, All-American Girl," my katana crackles with electrical energy as I concentrate all my power into it, "I'm a big fan," I thrust my sword forward, and as I do, a stream of electricity shoots out from the blade, hitting the fish knight mid-leap.

quote:

<HugzillaPhone> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> HugzillaPhone, 8 = 8

Choosing to resist or avoid their blows. Also using a point of Team to turn AAG's direct engage roll into a 7!

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Fre: +0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions:

"Phew." I put my sword back into it's sheath now that the fight's over, and take a quick look around the battlefield. Tundra's safe, that's good. I wish she didn't freeze us accidentally like that, but she did stop the bone... tornado... thing. Showstopper looks a little winded, but he'll be fine. All-American Girl is... being held... by Bombshell.

Oh. That's... Oh. I... I, uh, should go check on her. Yes. To make sure she's alright after the fight. I can check with the rest of the team later. Yes.

"Jess- All-American Girl!" I call out to her, "That... was amazing! You looked SO cool shooting your gun in mid-air like that! And oh my gosh, the way we worked together to take down that fish knight was AMAZING! That was-" I clear my throat, and quickly compose myself, so I sound less like a gushing fangirl, "I mean, that was well done! You and I make an excellent team, don't you think? The fish knight never had a chance against our twin blades. When this over, would you, perhaps, like to spar with me? I'm always looking to improve myself with the blade, and I think you would be an excellent partner!" Yes. Only sparring. Nothing else. I'm not using this as an excuse to spend more time with her.

quote:

8:19 AM <HugzillaPhone> Sparrow supports All American Girl!
8:20 AM <Krysmbot> HugzillaPhone, 9+3 = 12

Oh, I was so wrapped up in my talk with AAG, I almost forgot about Bombshell, "Ah, uh. Nice work taking down the skeletal t-rex, Bombshell," I say, a little less enthusiastically. I always had trouble talking to her. She's always giving me these nasty looks, and I don't know why. I wonder what I've done to make her so upset at me?

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Fre: +0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions:

Adding a Team to the pool!

I grin back at AAG, "Oh, I'm plenty capable without my 'magic,' I assure you~" My smile quickly fades when Bombshell storms off, and AAG asks me her question, "It's... it's complicated."

"Alright, everybody," I address the team, "Let's rest up for now. We'll continue to follow Manitou's lead when we're all ready to go."

The team did well. Very well, and they didn't even need me. Some "leader" I turned out to be. A leader is supposed to inspire confidence, and lead their team into battle, but I've done none of those things. All I've done so far is embarrass myself multiple times, awkwardly banter with AAG, and shoot lightning at a fish knight. Everybody else handled themselves well enough without me.

If mother was here, she'd be telling me I need to be more confident in myself, but I don't exactly have her overflowing confidence. I'm constantly second-guessing myself, and I'm never sure if I'm making the right decision or not. The tension between Bombshell and I isn't exactly helping any, either.

Speaking of Bombshell, AAG was asking me about her, so I should at least tell her. I wait until she's done speaking with Manitou before I pull her aside, away from the rest of the group, "The thing between me and Bombshell is..." I look at Bombshell, and then back at AAG, and sigh, "...I think she hates me, and I don't know why. She's always so... angry when I'm around," especially now, I don't think I've ever seen her so angry, "It's like everything I say makes her mad. I keep wondering about what I could have possibly done to make her hate me so much, but I can't think of anything. I want to talk to her, but I'm afraid she won't listen to anything I have to say."

I sigh again, and run a hand through my hair, "...Jessica, can I be honest with you? I'm... not honestly sure if I'm cut out to be a leader. There's so much pressure involved, and this whole thing with Bombshell... isn't helping. I try to be strong, but the truth is, I'm scared. Scared that all I'll really do is let you all down. What kind of "leader" am I if I don't even have any confidence in myself?" I turn my head away from AAG, and look at the cavern ahead of us, "...Sorry, I didn't mean to dump all my troubles onto you. I think I just needed somebody to talk to, and I just... I just felt like..." my cheeks start to redden a little, "I could talk to you about this."

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Fre: +0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions:

"...Keep trying, huh?" I think over what she said, "...You're right. I don't have to be the leader, but I think... I think I should keep trying, for a little while longer."

Rejecting the provoke. Sorry AAG!

"And All-American Girl," I give her a small smile, "It's true you don't have magic, or super strength, but you have the one thing that counts the most when it comes to being a hero," I point to her chest, "You have heart, and lots of it. You work hard, you try hard, and you never give up, and that is what's most important. If anything, I should learn to be more like you," I chuckle.

"So yes, I'd say you belong here, just as much as anyone else, and I'm glad I could have someone like you by my side."

Confirming that AAG belongs here. She gets to mark potential, and since I already have influence, I'm shifting her savior up, and freak down.

"Oh!" Oh gosh, I've been so wrapped up in my own thoughts that I've almost forgotten about Carol! "Thank you, Tundra. And hey, don't worry about it, alright? All that matters is that you're alright, and I'm sure your powers will come back to you eventually," I reassure her, "And besides, you really saved the day there! If it wasn't for your magic, I'm not sure how else we could've taken down the boneado!"

quote:

<Hugzilla> Sparrow comforts Tundra! (+1 for influence)
<Hugzilla> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, 12+2 = 14

Adding another Team if Tundra opens up.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Fre: +0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions:

I sigh, and rub the bridge of my nose as AAG and Showstopper have their little yelling match. "Now is not the time for this," I speak up, "Do I need to remind you both how important this mission is? The town is depending on us to get this done, and we won't be able to do that if we start arguing with each other. You two can discuss your problems after we're done with what we came here to do." I say that all as sternly as I possibly can. There's already enough tension between Bombshell and I, and I think the last thing we need is even more team conflict.

Speaking of Bombshell, I am not looking forward to the inevitable talk I'm going to have with her. Talking to her is going to be... difficult. Maybe I should get in contact with mother later for some advice on how to handle the whole Bombshell situation.

I turn to Manitou, my face filled with concern for her, and say, "Uh, will you... be okay with that thing inside of you?"

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Fre: +0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions:

Once I get back to my room, I collapse on my bed, completely exhausted from the stressful events of the night. My room is filled with posters, DVDs, and figures from my favorite anime, Rose Princess Noriko. I even have the limited edition replica of Noriko's roseblade, which they've only made ten of. It might sound silly, but the show left a deep impact on me when I first watched it, all those years ago, and the main heroine, Noriko, is one of my idols. I based my whole heroic identity on her, right down to how she'd appear while being surrounded by cherry blossom leaves. Noriko was always so strong, brave, and confident. She was everything I wish I could be.

I roll around on my bed, so I'm facing up, and stare at the ceiling. God, poor AAG. At least it's just her hair. As much as I want to go and try to cheer her up a little... I still have that whole issue with Bombshell to resolve.

...Now that I think about it, Bombshell got angrier than usual when I started talking to AAG. Almost as if... she likes her, too...

...Great, there's another reason for Bombshell to hate me, I guess.

I give a long, tired sigh. Maybe I should call mother, and get her advice on how to handle this whole situation. I pull out my phone, and dial her number.

"Hello, mother. I... think I might need some help." I proceed to tell her about everything that's happened. I tell her about my poor attempts at being a leader, my sudden confession to AAG, the tension between me and Bombshell, and how we both might like the same girl. I tell her how much I think Bombshell hates me, and how scared/nervous I am of confronting her. I probably sound like a rambling mess. "...I have no idea what to do. I want to talk with her, but I'm afraid she's going to explode on me if I do. What should I do?"

quote:

<Hugzilla> Sparrow's going to reach out for some motherly advice!
<Hugzilla> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, 7+1 = 8

Using Fireside Chat. On a hit they will tell you what to do. On a 10+, mark potential if you follow their advice, and take +1 ongoing to follow through. On a 7-9, you get +1 forward to see it through if you do it their way.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Fre: +0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions:

"Mother, please!" I could feel my face redden when she tries to get me to talk about All-American Girl, "...But that's not a bad idea. I'll try to talk to Manitou and see if she could be our mediator." A small smile crosses my face, as I say, "Thanks, mom. I'll see you tonight for dinner. Love you, too."

Invite AAG over for dinner, huh? I guess it wouldn't hurt, and I was planning on checking up on her anyways. I'll go talk with Manitou after I'm done talking with AAG for a bit. I hop out of my bed, and make my way to AAG's room.

Standing in front of the door to her room now, I take a deep breath, and knock on the door. "Hey, it's Sparrow. Do you mind if I come in?"

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Fre: +0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions:

I sit down on the couch, and try not to stare at her leafy green hair. "Oooh, I like All Natural Girl. It's a nice spin on your original name, and it fits well with the plant theme!"

"And, um, if it means anything, I actually think your new hair is really cool! It, um," I shuffle around nervously as I try to think of what else to say, "It...it...it makes you really stand out! In a good way, I mean!" Agh! Why am I so bad at this!? I look at her apologetically, and say, "...Sorry, I'm... not very good at this. I... I just wanted to try to cheer you up a bit after you had that argument with Showstopper, and had your hair changed like that. I, um, actually think you're really awesome and super talented, and... and... and..." I gulp, "...really cute." My entire face turns bright red as I say that.

"...And I really do think the plant hair is really cool."

quote:

Sparrow - Today at 4:55 AM
/r 2d6+2 # comforting All-American Girl! (+1 from influence)
SidekickBOT - Today at 4:55 AM
@Sparrow: 2d6+2 comforting All-American Girl! (+1 from influence) = (4+6)+2 = 12

AAG gets the usual, and I'll choose to add a Team to the pool!

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Fre: +0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions:

"Oooh yea. I can see how that could be a problem, and it's probably really hard to cover up. Hopefully Manitou and Tundra can come up with a solution for it."

I didn't think it was possible for my face to get any redder, but it somehow does when she holds my hand. My heart feels like it's about to beat out of my chest at this point. "Huh? Training? Oh! Right!" I almost forgot about that! It's a good thing she reminded me! "Heh, I'm not so sure about that," I retort, "I warn you, I'm pretty good with a sword, and to make it a little more fair, I won't use any of my 'magic' during our sparring session." It seems fair enough. I doubt she's going to use her guns on me, and I don't want to accidentally electrify her, "I hope you're ready, because I'm not planning on going down easy," I smile and wink at her.

"Loser buys the team dinner?"

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Fre: +0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions:

I bow back at All-American Girl, and ready myself to spar with her. "Whoa!" I barely manage to parry her blow, "Not bad! You almost got me with that one!" I smile playfully at her, "Now let me show you what I can do!" Before she could have a chance to react, I go after her with a barrage of quick strikes. None of the strikes are actually meant to hurt her, of course. My hand is practically a blur as I swing my blade around. There's no "magic" here. This is all a result of my years of training with a sword.

I will say, I am impressed at well she's been able to keep up with me, despite how fast my strikes are. I even feel myself getting a little excited here!

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 10:30 PM
@Sparrow: 2d6 Sparrow is going to do some friendly sparring with AAG! = (6+4) = 10

With the custom sparring rules we've come up with, AAG can choose 2 from the following options:
-Give your partner Influence and take a potential
-Give your partner a hold. It can be used as a team to help your partner
-Give your partner potential

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Fre: +0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +1
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions:

"Waaah!" I narrowly dodge out of the way of All-American Girl's strike, "Cutting it a bit close there, don't ya think?" I cringe a little when I realize what I've just said, "Er, no pun intended."

"You okay with calling it a tie for now? It's pretty obvious we're both evenly matched," I put my sword back in it's sheath, and grab two water bottles by the bench. I toss her one of the bottles, and drink down my own, "I must say, you're pretty good yourself," I compliment her back, "Not that many people can keep up with me when I go all out, but you've managed to counter and take advantage of your openings." I walk up closer to her, and give her a big, wide smile, "You might actually be the best swordswoman I've ever fought, and I don't say things like that lightly. Tell me, how did you get so good with the sword?"

quote:

SidekickBOT - Yesterday at 3:48 AM
@Sparrow: 2d6-1 taking a powerful blow! = (2+3)-1 = 4

Taking that potential! Also shifting AAG's Superior Up, and her Danger down.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Fre: +0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +1
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions:

Honestly? I called it a tie because I could see All-American Girl struggling a bit. That last attack was a little desperate, and it's a good thing I managed to dodge it in time, or else I might've gotten hurt! Still, I'm sure she'll get better with time. It's not like I was perfect with the sword either when I first started out.

Hm, maybe this is a good time to ask her if she'd like to come over for dinner? "Hey, uh, All-American Girl, I was wondering if-" I was interrupted by the sound of our communicators going off. Huh, wonder what that's about? A priority situation? Wow, that sounds really urgent! I guess I'll ask her out another time. I should really get around to talking with Bombshell, too.

...For a very brief moment, I considered sparring with Bombshell as a way to help us blow off some steam, but I quickly realized how much of a terrible idea that was. I think I prefer being alive.

I'll figure out what to do with her later. For now, I got a meeting to go to!

Growing closer to All-American Girl, so she gets to shift my labels again!

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Fre: -1 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +2
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions:

I walk into the room shortly after AAG does, and glance nervously at Bombshell before I take my seat. I bring my attention to the screen, and I almost couldn't believe my eyes over what I was seeing. "It can't be...!"



It was none other than Anabelle, the Cruel Rose herself. She was a part of the gang my mother took down all those years ago, and, according to my mother, she was one of their most sadistic members. Apparently she had an entire army of robot marionettes at one point which she built herself. This doesn't make sense! What could she be doing with a small time villain group like the Injustice Squad? Isn't she supposed to be a high profile criminal? And why does it look like she hasn't aged a day? Isn't she supposed to be much older now?

I don't like this. I don't like any of this.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Fre: -1 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +2
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions:

I take a minute to assess the situation around us, trying to formulate a plan in my head as I do. Going in guns blazing is a bad idea, especially with Annabelle and the Darkfire Witch around, so we'll need to be careful.

"Alright, guys, here's the plan; Bombshell, I need you to-" Completely ignore me and rush right in. Alright. Okay, okay, it's fine. It's not like I expected Bombshell to listen to me anyways. "...Well, so much for Bombshell. Showstopper, I'm going to need you to-" Also ignore me. Good. Great. I'm glad they both decided to ignore me. Okay, okay, no need to lose your cool, Sparrow. Take a deep breath, and try to calm down. You can still salvage this, somehow. "All-American Girl, I-" OH COME ON!

"FINE!" I throw my hands up in the air in frustration, "It's not like we needed a plan, anyways!"

Marking Angry so we don't lose a point of Team.

"Besides, who cares about what I have to say! It's not like anybody ever LISTENS to me!" My whole body starts to crackle with electricity, "It's not like I'm supposed to be your LEADER or anything like that, no! I guess you'd all rather ignore me, and do whatever the heck you want! Well, you know what!?" I raise a hand, high in the air, and concentrate all my energy into my hand, and form a giant ball of electricity, "SCREW ALL OF THIS!" I bring my arm back, and angrily toss the ball at the closest enemy, who just happens to be .

quote:

@Sparrow: 2d6+2 Sparrow is going to say "eff this" and throw angry lightning at Neon! (Venting Frustration) = (4+2)+2 = 8

Choosing to impress, surprise, or frighten the opposition, and clearing Angry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Fre: -1 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +2
Potential: 5/5 | Conditions:

"Ah!" I manage to leap away from 's attack before it could fully envelope me. When the heck could she do something like that!?

quote:

@Sparrow: 2d6 Sparrow takes a powerful blow! = (2+4) = 6

And with that, I advance! Will think of what to take for my advance later.

They've never been this tough before. Something tells me that Anabelle and the Darkfire Witch are responsible for their sudden power-up, but why? What reason would they have for doing so? What's their end goal? It has to more than causing random mayhem.


I glance over at the cafe where they're still sitting. What are you planning, Anabelle, and why would you team up with someone like the Darkfire Witch?

quote:

@Sparrow: 2d6+2 Nevermind! Piercing Anabelle's Mask instead! = (3+4)+2 = 9

What are you really planning?

...And of course, Bombshell just had to and provoke them. [i]Great
. "Bombshell! No! What are you doing!? You can't take them on by yourself! They're too much for you to handle!"

  • Locked thread