Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: +3 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +1 | Mun: -1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions:

My favorite part of being a hero is the constant loving interviews and interrogations. I mean, why be out helping people or fighting bad guys when we could play Twenty Questions every other day with some different old person telling us a bunch of bullshit and asking us to blather on instead. It's bullshit. I mean, I answered my bits because I want to get this over with, but that's for everyone's safety at this point. My eyes are glowing pink - I have energy to work off, and I am annoyed. Pissed, even. Can't help it, I'm a freak, and with great power comes occasional manic rage if managed poorly.

Yeah, while the Fearsome Three - sooo want to make fun of that name - were fighting that Lichtos or whoever, I was dealing with that loving Dark Biker or whatever her name is. Smacked her around a lot, scared the hell out of her, accidentally smashed up a bank with some people in it when she took cover in there. No one got hurt, 'cuz I held the drat thing up, but the stupid Biker (runner at that point) got away while everyone evacuated. Was a good workout all things considered, and no one got hurt - probably not her included, that weird energy she was using reminds me of mine kinda so I'm not underestimating her - so it wasn't like that sucked too bad.

Randomly falling through a portal and emerging a few days later did though. Wanna know what happened? I got shunted through time or some stupid bullshit, but my Red Reactor built up at the regular rate. Meaning, I was ridiculously overcharged when I got dumped into the harbor. Hooray for that by the way, it's probably the only reason I didn't kill people when I, you know, exploded. It's what I always do when I can't burn off excess energy. Not like it hurt me of course, but it registered as a seismic event and I may have accidentally caused an ecological shift in Halcyon Harbor. Sorry about that Makki, know you're linked to nature (but I'm too scared to talk to you because I'm awful)... though at least Sparrow wasn't around to tell me how bad I am and how she and her mommy would have done things. The organization recorded the seismic event I caused and picked me up right after, I was hardly even back to shore. Woulda punched a few just for good measure, but I sorta wanted to change clothes and shower since I was soaked with loving nasty harbor water.

Having tapped my foot impatiently enough during our debrief often enough to have cracked the tile under my foot (and indented the floor) without noticing, I don't say anything while Lemmy Von Cowboy leaves the room. All American Girl does because she's quite sweet, and apparently Tundra fell on his car so that's hilarious, but yeah I'm not giving this guy the time of day, I don't owe him anything. Finally uncrossing my arms as the door closes behind him, I listen in as everyone discusses where they want to go and what we should look into. Personally I want to investigate the Biker... but gently caress it, I'll just vote for whatever All American Girl wants and be done with things.

"Just tell me who needs taken down or what you need reduced to rubble, that's basically all I do. I'm fine with whatever, but that Underground Summitview tour thing sounds like we should do that. Yeah." I'm doing my best to sound casual and not annoyed - I'm pretty tightly wound right now. The second we're done here I'm going to go straight back the base's training room to work all this off. "That gets MY vote." We're definitely voting on poo poo as often as possible since Sparrow is team captain and just... don't remind me of that.

I briefly glance at All American Girl and smile slightly, though given how pissed I look and that my eyes are literally glowing with mutated pink-rage or loving who even knows, yeah the impact may not be what I was going for. Maybe she likes that I'm kinda hot, when you get past the whole 'me being a dangerous experiment' or whatever?

Rauri fucked around with this message at Feb 3, 2017 around 09:12

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: +3 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +1 | Mun: -1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions:

Based on that first performance, I think we could probably replace Sparrow with a sword taped to an inspirational quote-a-day calendar and not miss out on anything. Seriously? Other people voted for her?

I'd have more scathing thoughts about Sparrow's miserable leadership (maybe I should offer to give her lessons, and just hand her a note that says 'resign' if she takes me up on them), but All American Girl leans in to whisper to me, and all of a sudden I am all ears, trying to smile just a smidge in a vain effort to look better. Not that I needed to bother... she just wants to remind me how dangerous I am, and my smile slowly vanishes. I mean, she's new, so I'm going to totally do my best to overlook this because she's cute and apologized too, but like... does she think I need people reminding me of what I can do when I'm not being careful?

"Yup, I'm pretty strong. Got it," I report back after a sigh, and it's not like she doesn't have a point. If we're all in some enclosed place, people like her and Sparrow and... drat our team has a lot of not-tough people on it now that I think about it - are very squishable, so that'd be a big problem if I started throwing wild punches or blasts and brought the place down around us.

Showstopper's talking about food, and letting me know we can grab it to go, so it looks like half the room's decided to play 'Remind Holly she's loving unstable', cept they'd call me Bombshell probably. Just great. gently caress it, I nod my head yes and lay my head back on the top of the seat, looking up towards the ceiling and shutting my eyes. "I just need to exercise later today, burn off some of this energy. Food sounds good though, I'm voting for," poo poo I should have waited for Sparrow to speak up, then voted against wherever she picked, "hamburgers and fries, past that I don't care."

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: +3 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +1 | Mun: -1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Underground Tour

When All American Girl challenged me to a burger eating contest, I was actually just so happy that she was actually still cheerfully talking to me that I agreed to it... and won. Which like, hooray, I won a meaningless contest and also ate slightly too much, and like five minutes later I realized it made me look like a pig in front of everyone else. Today's going just great. Whatever, after some food and some exercise, I'm feeling better - I'm not at risk of being overcharged or anything, and with that food in me I don't have to worry about feeling drained. If, for whatever reason, this fact-finding expedition turns into a fight, I'll be ready to go. It feels good traveling with a full team again, even if one of them thinks I'm an incompetent weapon and the rest probably just think the second part.

As we all clamber into the Underground Summitview Tour main chamber, I'm further disheartened when All American Girl pairs me up with Sparrow of all people. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad she's being a friend to Makki, it's exactly the sort of thing I'd expect her to do... but I'm with SPARROW. Bet she tells me how I walk too loudly or some poo poo, or tells me that I've hurt her somehow. For what it's worth, at least she's not Tundra... that girl is in her own world at all times, and it seems to me that it only sorta overlaps with this one every now and again. She's bizarre.

Luckily no one's gone anywhere yet, so I'm going to stick around with the group and not just Dear Leader for as long as possible. Showstopper's playing with some gizmo, Tundra's figuring out her left from her right, and I'm ninety percent sure I'm going to end up causing some property damaging - just calling it now. Adjusting my hair and staring down one of the tunnels with my normal, non-glowing blue eyes, I smirk. "Whether we split up or go as a group, I'm going to be in front. I'm pretty drat invulnerable, and if there IS something down here and it gets the drop on us, best that I take the hit." Who knows, maybe that thing Showstopper's playing with will actually work?

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: +3 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +1 | Mun: -1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Underground Tour

This is dumb and pointless. I've got no problem with Showstopper really, but he's sabotaging what sounded to me like a perfectly good plan - me with Makki and All American Girl, and then Team Stuck With Sparrow - and therefore I'm stepping in. Finally moving from my perch, I give the team a semi-sarcastic wave over my shoulder as I follow after All American Girl towards the direction Makki indicated.

"I trust Manitou. I'm heading this way. We should just head out in the groups we're in, I'm sure Sparrow will keep you all safe without me there." Sounds like we're tackling the actual threat, so they'll be fine confronting whatever B-Grade Baddie is on their end of things. "We'll head back to here once we've taken care of our end." I say all this casual as can be, but there's a subtle menace - that is, can any of these people actually stop me from just doing what I want to? I'm teaming up with All American Girl and NOT Sparrow, END OF STORY.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: +3 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +1 | Mun: -1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Underground Tour

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! GOD! What else does Sparrow want, really!? She's already our loving leader, she has a parent that cares about her, she isn't a freak, she's cute and doesn't randomly explode like I do, and now even All American Girl seems to like her? What in the gently caress did I do to deserve this? Why does she get everything I wish I had?

I don't say a single word the entire walk down. This place is reacting to my powers for some reason, I can feel that, but I'm not going to mention it to anyone. It's not like anyone wants to listen to me, and I've more important things to think about anyways. Namely... is this worth it? I mean - I endanger everyone just by being here, and I doubt anyone else wants me around. My own loving parents don't - they could hardly hide their glee when I mentioned I was leaving - why should my 'teammates' want me around? All American Girl's really clever, I'm sure if she debates me versus Sparrow, she'll pick Sparrow... and where does that leave me?

The answer echoes back to me with every step we take deeper into the place. Alone.

Tundra explains the magic of this place, and Showstopper the tech, but I'm hardly listening. No, it's obvious to me now. I just gotta keep these idiots safe. They don't like me, don't care about me, and they shouldn't... but I've got to have the powers I do for a reason, I don't care how hosed up that is. I'll keep them safe, and right now that consists of scanning the area by emitting energy particles from my eyes to scan the room, then have them bounce back to analyze power sources here. That's probably a thing I can do, since I'm a loving science experiment now. Can you believe a year ago I was normal? That I was happy? Me neither.

Unleash Powers
<Rauri> .roll 2d6+1
<Platonibot> Rauri: 5 (2d6+1=1, 3)
<Rauri> wow
<goshfish> RIP
<Rauri> gently caress you Platonibot
+1 potential for me

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: +3 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +1 | Mun: -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Underground Battle

I'm still in the middle of my latest pity-party when Makki looms over me all of a sudden, holding my hand and asking me what's wrong - and reminding me what happens when I get too angry. Yeah, blowing up half the group doesn't seem like an ideal plan, so I can't fault her for stepping in. Especially since like... she's doing it since she's still my friend. Even after I avoided her since I got... changed. She got it worse than I did, and I've been too busy obsessing about my minor poo poo to help her deal with hers at all.

Between her words and draining some of the energy away, I actually visibly relax. "Thanks," I start, drat certain to be quiet enough the others can't hear us, looking up at my friend - way up, she's sorta super tall now. "Thanks a bunch. That helped. I'll be OK. Just... can we talk later?" If I have to talk to someone, it might as well be her - there's stuff I can talk to her about that I don't want All American Girl or any of the others knowing. "I'll-"

Taking +1 Potential

A silence falls and everything sorta stops, what I was about to say to her included, yet the tension ramps right on up - ohhh, I can already tell what time it is, and I can't wait. It's confirmed when the Fishguy looking dude leaps down towards Sparrow (meh), and a Giant Skeletal T-Rex shows up and seems to be going for Makki... which, let's be clear, is about the coolest thing ever. The T-Rex, not who it's going for, don't be stupid. The point is, I don't have to feel bad about hitting it, since it's not alive!

Everyone leaps into action, Showstopper and Tundra unleashing music and magic (though I'd argue music IS magic, his technique is definitely just cool tech to match her icy spell), while All American Girl rushes to Sparrow's aid... gently caress it, normally I'd help her out, but it'd also mean helping Sparrow out, and a Giant Skeletal T-Rex is about the most metal thing I've ever heard of. I'm literally grinning just looking at it! I mean, being mostly-invulnerable is a big part of that too, don't get me wrong. But here it is, a giant chance to let out my anger in a nominally constructive way! Well... deconstruction, anyways. Pinned by stalactites and increasingly frozen in place, that thing's not going anywhere. Starting to walk forward slowly, rolling my arm real quick to get a stretch in, staring up at the fossil to gauge how much force to put into what I'm about to do... yeah, I gotta admit, being on this team might not be SO bad.

"Back up Tundra!" I call real quick, not wanting her to get caught in what I'm going to do, and then... I leap right at it. Turns out with insane super strength I can jump very far, very quickly, and yeah, another trick I have? That whole Red Engine thing I'm sorta cursed with. Speaking of that, I've gathered up quite a bit of Its energy into my fist, and suddenly this thing's got an angry and busty super-science experiment streaking both a mass of hair and an ominous red blur behind her practically flying right at it. And it can't move. Which is pretty perfect for me, since I'm said experiment.

The second it's head is within range, it's time for the easiest two part combo ever. First I punch it, like so - the smashing noise reverberating across the room, bone shards flying everywhere, the thing's toughness and weight matching off against the strength of the blow I just inflicted and finding themselves rather lacking - and then as it flies back, I hit it with all the energy I've got stored up in my fist, an engulfing red wave blasting it dead-center to damage it further. I've never gotten to use a dinosaur as a punching bag before, but yeah, turns out it's AWESOME.

<Rauri> Bombshell Directly Engage
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 7+3 = 10
Resisting any counterattack and impressing, surprising, or frightening the opposition. Was super tempted to use In A China Shop to damage the place too, but decided against it~

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: +3 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +1 | Mun: -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Underground Battle

I'm honestly not sure if I want to hit Sparrow or this T-Rex more right now. Like... yeah, let's be VERY specific about whose fault that energy thing is, right? In front of the whole team? And quipping with All-American Girl the whole time, it just now occurring to me that the pair (ugh, the two of them) both use swords, is not exactly reducing my anger. If I wasn't about against a literal Giant Skeletal T-Rex, I'd be having WORDS with her. And by that I wish I meant fists.

Whatever, I literally have bigger concerns than her right now. Namely, said Giant Skeletal T-Rex, which I'm not yet sick of thinking and I doubt I ever will be. Showstopper's landed a pretty solid hit, and Tundra's... ice-skating around or something, I can never tell what's up with her. Yeah, let's help Showstopper here.

"Nice work dude!" I let Showstopper know as I charge in, right hand glowing red. Not slowing whatsoever, his sonic waves stop the glorified fossil from defending itself, setting me up for a strike. "Now stand clear and watch this..." Knocked up some by his attack, the monster is perfectly positioned for me to literally charge right through one of its ribs, slamming my energy-packed fist directly into its spinal column, channeling the destructive force I'm cursed with all throughout it even as its rocked by the force from my punch. Lets see just well it handles a second Bombshell double-strike, because I'm thinking it'd rather not have taken that particular hit...

<Rauri> Bombshell Directly Engage
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 7+3 = 10
Resist counterattack, intimidate / surprise / impress them. Also spending a point of Team to boost Showstopper's roll to a 7.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: +3 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +1 | Mun: -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Underground Battle

There's a LOT going on. Main point is the Fishguy's toast - as is the T-Rex, and now it's a T-Rexnado... which, yeah sure OK, that's a thing that's happening now. Showstopper took a smack but he's in OK shape, Manitou's doing what I should be and holding this place up, Sparrow is... moving on, Tundra's froze herself or something, and now All American Girl's freed her and AHHHH she's falling! She can't fly, doesn't she know that?!

Breaking free of the ice Tundra just trapped me in and ignoring everything else, I take a few steps forward on the icy platform below, and then /leap/ to save the patriotic girl, timing things right and catching her in my arms. Hadn't ever hugged her before - I've wanted to - and now she's pressed up against me, protectively wrapped in my embrace since we still have airtime, so that's a thing too. "I gotcha All American Girl!" Don't freak out Holly, play this cool. Try and ignore how cute she is and just focus on what you're doing. No cheesy lines, say something cool. "That was some fancy shooting~" gently caress I AM SO BAD AT THIS.

Glancing into her eyes for just a second before we land, the impact of touching down doesn't exactly effect me at all - I can probably survive a bomb being dropped directly on top of me, I can definitely absorb some pathetic kinetic energy from a jump like that. I can't help but look - literally the most painful thing about today has been watching Sparrow flirt with her, how well they've gotten along, how much I wish she liked my that much - and, I dunno, I just wish I knew how to get her to feel the same way about me that I do about her... hell, even a tiny fraction of that. If I can just tell how she actually feels about me now, that'll make things way easier!

That second probably lasts about ten seconds too long though, and I awkwardly put All American Girl down when I realize what I've done. "Erm, you're safe now. Nice work on that Fish Guy, or whatever..." I'm basically invincible, I can ignore our fight for a bit and be fine, provided I don't die of embarrassment anyways.

<Rauri> Pierce All American Girl's All American Mask
<Rauri> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 9-1 = 8
How could I get your character to like Bombshell more?

Rauri fucked around with this message at Mar 20, 2017 around 07:33

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: +3 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +1 | Mun: -1
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Underground Battle

I... I don't understand. Does All American Girl actually like me or something? Why? But like, she has to! She just pantomimed my moves, talking about how amazing they are, and... she even thinks I'm cool and not a freak - she's totally too honest to lead me on or lie about something like that - and maybe she doesn't like Sparrow as much as I thought she did?

Suddenly, Sparrow interjects, swooping down out of nowhere to steal my moment from me, because of COURSE she does. I have NO idea what I did to make her hate me so much, but I have had it up to loving here with her. I swear, I literally have to restrain myself, eyes going from blue to that unnatural red-pink the very instant I figure out what she's up to. Ughhhh. "Yeah, thanks, no big deal. Wasn't having a conversation or anything." Giving one last look at All American Girl, I stomp off, not willing to actually hit Sparrow over this, but not sure I won't if I stick around.

Ah poo poo, it's sorta obvious as I walk away that Showstopper's a little worse for wear, probably my fault. "Sorry about abandoning you dude," I mention, though given that I sound PISSED and my eyes are glowing with energy / rage, how convincing I am might be suspect. "You alright?"

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: +3 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +1 | Mun: -1
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Underground Aftermath

Showstopper actually doesn't seem scared of me... no, more than that, he said that he thinks I'm awesome - that what we did is awesome, and he describes it in detail. It's, I'm almost confused actually. Both him and All American Girl actually seem to like having me around, and not just because of the whole 'living weapon' thing. Well, mostly that, but they don't seem to mind me. I have to admit he's right about the fight being fun too, since 'I fought a Dinosaur Skeleton and Punched It In The Face' is going to be a pretty incredible story to brag about for the rest of my life, however long that lasts.

Then he starts talking all about Sparrow and All American Girl, and yeah... if my eyes weren't red already, they would be now. I am still pretty pissed. Nodding after Showstopper's tale, I sympathize - even if my face doesn't display that at all - and quickly spin my own tale of woe. "She thinks I'm a screw up too. Back in our hometown, after I got my powers? She offered to train me how to use them - like she's so much better than I am, just 'cuz of her mom..." And now she's after the girl I like.

gently caress it, no one else is listening to us - I have to get this off my chest. "You know... a year ago, I used to be normal. I was like a cheerleader and stuff, I had friends, people liked having me around and I was happy... now everybody, even my own parents, just think of me as a weapon. My life is hosed, and Sparrow gets to have everything I want, even All Am-"

I cut myself off, this isn't a loving reality show. Grimacing at him, I'm sure Showstopper will keep this to himself. Still though... "And it's bullshit. And, uh, thanks for saying I'm awesome. Really. Your music thing's cool too, hang later? I gotta thing to do first," ask All American Girl out, come hell or high water, "but after that I'm free - I got some records I can put on too, if you want. Can't play, but love to listen - you do like some punk thing right? More into metal myself, but willing to give your stuff a listen after today~"

Sharing a vulnerability with Showstopper - Bombshell pretty much hates her life and is jealous of Sparrow. Gaining a potential via earlier comfort, and Showstopper gets Influence over Bombshell / Bombshell gets to hold 2 towards helping him as if it were team.

Rauri fucked around with this message at Apr 3, 2017 around 06:35

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: +3 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +1 | Mun: -1
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Afraid Underground Aftermath

Oh, Showstopper walked off. He thinks I'm cool, but Showstopper wants me to deal with All American Girl before we hang out - at least, that's the message I'm getting. He's probably right too, so I'm going to do that, my own way. He's off talking to Manitou anyways - I should've done that. I'm supposed to be her friend, but I'm garbage at that too. Great.

The pair of them figure out where we're supposed to go, speaking of them, and as a team we head towards where they direct. Some more carefully than others - Tundra nearly ends up in yet more goo, and it's only my stupid mutation or alteration or whatever you want to call my freakish condition that saves her. Guessing Wrath never figured I'd manage to help somebody with the Red Engine he inflicted on me, but there it is. She's strong and fast, don't get me wrong, even when she's making a dumb mistake, but me? I'm powered by my own anger - and turns out it's way stronger than her stupid magic - it's stronger than everything I've come across. Regardless, a big patch of goo Tundra nearly slid right into is spared a heroine shaped indentation courtesy my powered muscles and speed. Thanks Wrath, you rear end in a top hat.

With our goal in view - and that glowing orb is so obviously our goal - and a ton of energy between us and it, I think I know what I need to do here... what I want to do here, and apparently that's to Suffer. See, it's leaking that stupid goo, it's getting everywhere, and I think that's what's causing this whole trip to be so bizarre. It's sorta like tripping on hospital drugs, but with the benefit of being deeply underground and half the team contemplating what'll happen if the place collapses - that is to say, deeply terrifying. I swear I saw my own energy for a moment as we moved towards this place, but that's not possible.

Regardless, the Orb's making a mess, and I'm the tough person on our team. The strong person... the one not strong enough to talk to anyone about how I feel, how miserable I am, how much I'm hurt. Whatever, again, I'm the toughest person here - so I dart towards the orb, through the occasional waves of energy it's emitting, and grab a hold of it. Not sure what the plan is for now, but I've got a hold of the drat thing, so I think that counts for something. "Smash or grab guys and gals? This thing feels like a super cold drink - rather not hold it longer than I have to, anyone bring an orb koozie?"

<Rauri> Bombshell Unleash Powers
<Rauri> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 6+1 = 7
Gaining Afraid, since yeah Bombshell is terrified that All American Girl is going to reject her to the point she delayed asking her out. Weird traps < teenage drama.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: +3 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +1 | Mun: -1
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Afraid Underground Aftermath

Oh good, two of my three favorite teammates apparently hate each other. For a while I'm... well surprised's not really the right word, stunned is more accurate, but eventually both the team's situation, and mine specifically, gets my attention again.

"You two mind having this discussion AFTER we figure out what to do with this thing?" I give the orb I'm holding a little shake, as if to remind them that we're not done here quite yet. I'll say this, I've got more practice sounding surly than they do - and that combined with literally shaking the MacGuffin means hopefully the team's lips are shut and eyes are on me.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: +3 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +1 | Mun: -1
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Afraid The Base

Dammit, I fell asleep for way too long! I only meant to take a little nap - not be out for like, hours!

Sitting up in bed, I give my room a brief and groggy overview. The whole thing's reinforced for safety reasons, which just serves as a constant reminder of my condition, but it's not too bad. Moved all my stuff out of mom and dad's place, so my room's mostly clothes on the floor and carefully arranged boxes of vinyl records at the base of my bed, near the only expensive thing I own, my Vinyl player and attached speakers. There's some other boxes of crap I haven't bothered to unpack, along with some furniture I picked up a thrift store and a lot of coloured lights strung up everywhere, with a few band posters to round the room's appearance out. Should probably get around to unpacking everything, but for now this is home.

Slowly rising to my feet and tracking my phone down, I head over to the bathroom to check my hair in the mirror while checking to see if I have any messages. None from All American Girl (of course), but I've got stuff from Showstopper. poo poo, I was supposed to talk to her before hanging out with him... chalking my hair up as a messy lost cause, I send a couple responses.

txt to Showstopper posted:

Crap sorry dude, fell asleep.
Yeah I'd be happy to give whatever it is to her, I'ma try and see if she wants to chill soon
Wish me luck
I'll be by in just a bit to pick it up + we can hang? Gonna bring some albums, you got something that can play records right?

Staring at my phone with utter nervousness, I tap out a message to All American Girl too... and then rapidly add a few more after I finish the first one. She makes me so nervous... did you know I used to be pretty normal about like, flirting and dating? Turns out a year of being a monster sort of destroys your confidence, who'd have thought? Whatever...

txt to All American Girl posted:

Is there any chance you want to hang out later? Have something I'm supposed to give you + something to ask you.
Oh yeah super sorry that happened to your hair! Hopefully we can fix it. Don't want you having weird hair - take it from someone with weird eyes, people notice.
Not that your hair is weird! Just meant the accident earlier
Anyways if you want to hang out, please let me know.

Sighing, I head towards Showstopper's room, knocking on the door and hoping he still wants to chill.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: +3 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +1 | Mun: -1
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Afraid The Base

So Tundra and Manitou are here too? "Hey you two," I give 'em a wave as I walk in.

That's... I mean, I'm more than fine to hang out with Makki, but I don't know Tundra that well - no offense to her, but I thought this was gonna be just Showstopper and me listening to music and going over making All American Girl feel better. I'm cool with her being here, but sorta anxious about it - she's not going to make some crack about my condition, is she? I hope not... Taking a spot against the room's edge, putting a box of albums down at my feet before folding my arms, I'm gonna assume Tundra's cool until further notice.

Studying what Showstopper apparently built while I slept, I'm honestly super impressed... and he's giving it to me to give to her? That absolutely guarantees that I make sure she know he helped with it - after she's accepted it of course - since given how they were fighting like cats and dogs earlier, it's nice to see he still cares about helping her out. "You got it, I'll make sure to pass it on to her. Awfully amazing you made this so fast..." All I can do is loving destroy things... and people.

As for what I brought, I grin, bending over to thumb through the albums in the box I brought over. "Figured you'd enjoy some eighties thrash, Metallica and Slayer and Exodus and Sepultura?" Glancing up at Makki and Tundra, I suppose they probably decide a say too. "Speak now or forever hold your peace ladies, it's music time!"

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: +3 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +1 | Mun: -1
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Afraid The Base

"I'll be fine Makki," I answer her, which also sort of confirms something's upsetting me. Some things are upsetting me, actually. "Waiting on a text from All American Girl..."

Well, that semi-awkwardly confessed, I grab a record out at random, then get it playing on Showstopper's music system while he explains his tech and tells him to hit play. "You got it - it's metal time, boy and girls~"

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: +3 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +1 | Mun: -1
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Afraid The Base

Honestly, was fun to hang out with everyone else. Not the thing I expected to say, but there you go. And when the alarms on our comms ring, just what else would you think I'd do? I head to the briefing room of course. Maybe this next fight won't be in a place where I can't unleash my full power, eh? Though since All-American Girl has sent me messages I am definitely responding on the way there.

txt to All-American Girl posted:

It's a surprise
Will help with hair though, can say that
Er I mean did not can
Whatever
lol no they're not they're weird
ty tho

+1 Mundane -1 Superior. Also growing closer to Showstopper, so he gets to shift Bombshell's labels.

The second I get to the room I hop into my usual seat, customary scowl back on. Lets hear what's stopping me from hanging with All-American Girl, and then lets smash it to loving pieces.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: +3 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +1 | Mun: -1
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Afraid The Base

Heading towards my seat, briefly smiling at All-American Girl before scowling at Sparrow, I have what Showstopper made for her in hand and can't wait to give it to her - gonna say it's from both of us - but there's a briefing to be watched first. Lotta destruction, back in Summitview, and oh yeah, the stupid Spiteful Six or whatever they're calling themselves are rampaging. Which means that I have to deal with Charlie, aka Edgelord.



Seriously, he named himself Edgelord, on purpose! Think his main beef with me is that, back before either of us got powers, I was one of the most popular kids while he... honestly, I don't think most people even knew he went to our school, kid was practically invisible in the back of classrooms. Given that uh, yeah it's not like anyone from Summitview gives a poo poo that I'm gone, I sorta hate that he's fixated on one of the things that bugs me most about my new powers and just rubs in my face how much I've lost. Just seeing him on the screen makes my temper flare, Red Reactor starting to run hot. "Dibs on punching Edgelord's lights out," I call quickly, before anyone else can beat me to the punch. Ha. "That cloak of his looks new, but I bet he's still the same boring old Guns and Gravity guy as ever."

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: +3 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +1 | Mun: -1
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Summitview

While we head towards our destination, I slow All-American Girl up real quick, producing the device Showstopper built as I do. Blushing a little - I can't loving help it, she's insanely cute - I hold it out to her, stammering through an explanation I rehearsed for half that briefing. "So uh, I know this is from me but uh... uh, Showstopper definitely built it - b-because he cares about you as a teammate, and I do too, and more," and maybe she didn't catch that last part?

Steamrolling forward with this conversation, I rub the back of my head, grinning nervously. "But oh yeah, if you wear that thing, it'll look like you've got your normal hair - I'm sure between Showstopper and Tundra and Manitou, they'll be able to figure out a way to fix it permanently - but uh, hope this helps 'till then?" Please, please, please like it...

-----------------

Whether AAG likes that gift or not, we're in Summitview now, with a litany of villains before us intent on messing up our hometown. Pretty sure we settled on a plan for confronting them on the way here, but now? My Red Engine's roaring, and I literally called dibs on a target before we even showed up - he may be hanging out in middair, but Edgelord is SOOO not out of my blast radius.

<Rauri> Directly Engage Edgelord
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 5+3 = 8
Causing significant collateral damage to pick another option, in this case resist counterattack and take something from them (their cloak).


As such, yeah, I ignore the plan completely in favor of launching myself right at him, cracking the asphalt beneath me as I leap up into the air, signaling my team's appearance by catching him with a two-handed overhead smash, complete with a Red Reactor blast to drive him fully into the dirt... er, parking garage. "Who's next?" I call out in middair, landing and resuming my fighting stance as the rest of my team hopefully leaps into the fray. Three small-fry left, and then we're ready to take on the two people that might just be a worthy test for me here - I can hardly wait!

Rauri fucked around with this message at May 28, 2017 around 09:35

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: +3 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +1 | Mun: -1
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Summitview

My teammates are probably matching off against their own individual foes now, some of them doing well and some of them probably loving things up... truth is though, right now, I barely care about them. I want to work out my anger on Edgelord, and that lovely smug grin he gave me just makes that even easier. He still thinks I'm popular and torments me over it even though I'm probably one of the most hated people in the world even though I doesn't deserve it... I mean, I feel like I am anyways. Summitview sucks and everyone here decided that being kidnapped and experimented on to make me into a freak was a good reason to treat me like one, like I asked for it or whatever - so yeah, if some cars or buildings get smashed up, ohhh nooo, I'll feel soooo bad.

Speaking of, smacking around someone that's bullied me over the reputration I used to have doesn't feel all that bad either. I'm going to bury his rear end.. I mean not literally, but still, I'm pissed. With everyone else busy and him recovering, now's the perfect time to end this fight, and I bound over to do so. "STAY! DOWN!" I command, eyes glowing as my Red Reactor increases its output. I honestly can't help it... when we get into battle, I see Red, and all I want to do is destroy my opponents. In this case Edgelord, and specifically via a precision energy blast towards the rubble over where he's practically embedded in the ground from my punch. If I'm right it'll be just enough to keep him from fighting back WITHOUT being enough to kill him. I'm pissed, but I'm not a murderer.

<Rauri> Directly Engage Edgelord
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri 8+3 = 11
Resist blows, creating opportunity for self.


Turns out there are benefits to being experimented on against your will and having your life ruined by a psychopath professional heroes are apparently too busy to catch themselves... that parking garage might be toast, but I'm near-certain Edgelord's out of this fight. Really hope those people had Super Hero Insurance, sucks to be them if not.

Resisting the temptation to pose, I instead glare at the pair of villains that supposedly stand head and shoulders above our other foes, aka Darkfire and Anabelle, eyes switching from blue to Red as I gather up more energy. Manitou finished off her target super quick - I need to hang out with her soon, I've been too cowardly - but the others look busy, so it's up to me to engage them in battle. "Just going to sit there? Lemme guess, this is all some dumb trick since you're scared to face me, since you know I'd thrash the gently caress out of you two on one easily!" Serious villains or not, I'm cursed with the powers I have... but I'm also, by FAR, the strongest person on our team.

They want to act all smug about facing off against us? That's fine with me - I can use the exercise. Time to put my limits to the test!

Rauri fucked around with this message at Jun 19, 2017 around 07:22

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008




Fre: +1 | Dan: +3 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +1 | Mun: -1
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Summitview

I may have underestimated these villains a little bit. Not Edgelord - that dude's utterly beaten, he should've known better than to fight a weapon like me - but Darkfire and Annabelle. Turns out the whole 'take those two' seriously things people kept drowning on and on about actually mean something.

Darkfire vanishes, and I can't track where she's gone - I don't have super-reflexes or senses or anything like that, and turns out my usual plan of 'punch people a few times' isn't sufficient here. Blasted suddenly by her solar-force flames, I bring my arms up to try and guard against it, but it's a losing battle. I can walk through fire without any difficulty (I mean I don't since my clothes aren't superpowered and I'm not fighting naked), but this is in an entirely different league. Like... for once, I'm actually getting HURT, despite my almost-invincibility.

Got a 10 on Take a Powerful Blow, losing control of self in a terrible way aka blast of energy to everybody close-by.

Reacting instinctually, suite of powers I had forced on me kicking in as my eyes go from glowing bright pink to burning red pits, my Reactor's gone into Overdrive and me along with it. Screaming at the top of my lungs and unleashing a tidal-wave of crimson energy to counteract her flames - blasting everything and everyone around me in the process - I just have one purpose right now. Kill Darkfire Witch. (Oh gently caress I hope that didn't hurt anybody!)

Burned flesh visibly regenerating, blood wiped away from my mouth, she gets a smirk. Then, I don't even think - I charge at her right again, seemingly uncaring of the damage I've inflicted or the consequences of my actions. I'm not fighting with any restraint anymore, I'm not even really all that in control of things at the moment. She's fast so I'm charging up energy in my hands to have blasts at the ready, DETERMINED to hurt this witch until she can't threaten me again. Despite her speed, turns out this whole thing Omega inflicted on me is actually pretty good at fighting when I'm not at the helm - since I seem to be flinging powerful blasts around every which way, it's only fair she eat one or two to the face.

@Bombshell: 2d6+3 Directly Engage Darkfire Witch = (5+4)+3 = 12
Impress, surprise, or frighten her + avoid her blows, and since it fits fiction Bull in a China Shop to do yet more damage to Summitview / those nearby to also create an opportunity for allies.

Rauri fucked around with this message at Jul 7, 2017 around 05:59

  • Locked thread