Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Fre: -1 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None

"You can count on us Officer!" I give Stetson a sharp salute. We're actually being trusted with a task by the ... I'm not actually sure if he's government, local or broader, or associated with the heroes, but... whatever, someone important! This is a step up for us, even if my two teammates voted for someone else to lead the new team. Like gigantic a-butts. Showstopper and Tundra might be cool (one literally, the other figuratively) but that doesn't stop it from hurting! See if I talk to either of them for a bit!

Lets see, what else, you wanted to know where I ended up after the Vortex spat me out... Well, I got chucked into a bit of 'Underground Summitview' where they used to do the tours, until it got too unsafe and they blocked them all up. It's like the Underground Halcyon City, where they built the city on the remains of the older city. But since Summitview is tiny and not actually a city, it's a lot smaller. And ours is because it was sinking into the ground, not because of a flood and fire. Anyway, I got dumped out into a walled up abandoned sewer-way, glowing with green moss and stuff. I wandered around a bit until I found a manhole up, but it was sealed off, so I had to bang on it for awhile until someone heard and got the Organization to come let me out. I didn't want to risk setting off an explosive bullet down there and I couldn't get enough arm room to swing my sword well enough to cut my way out.

Speaking of Underground Summitview... "I think we should check out the remnants of the Underground Summitview tour, if the City Hall had connections to some weird crypt basement thing, other old buildings we can get to down there might as well. And that's where the vortex portal thing dropped me out, so it might be connected magically as well." I directly this mostly at Sparrow, since she's the usurping new leader. As far as I'm concerned, the main reason we didn't work with these guys before is we already had a team of five. You can't go much bigger than that, if we'd had all of their old team we'd have been ten heroes, which is way too many to function in a group. Too many cooks. Sparrow is cool even if she did steal my spot, Bombshell is awesome and Manitou is... I don't know, a pumpkin somehow, but... impressive?

The Beacon posted:

Hero Name: All American Girl
Real Name: Jessica Johnson
Look:


With a red, white and blue Domino Mask and no horse.

Abilities: Bow Revolver and trick arrows bullets, Swords

Moves
Suck it, Domitian
When you stand strong while dramatically under fire, roll + Savior instead of + Danger to directly engage a threat.

Won't Let You Down
When you help a teammate, you can spend 2 out of the team pool to add +2 to their roll.

Never give up, never surrender
When you take a powerful blow from someone with far greater power than you, use this move instead of the basic move.
Roll + Savior. On a hit, you stand strong and choose one. On a 7-9, mark a condition.
- you get an opportunity or opening against your attacker
- you rally from the hit, and it inspires the team; add 1 Team to the pool
- you keep your attacker’s attention
On a miss, you go down hard but leave your opponent off balance and vulnerable.

There when it matters
When you defend someone, on a hit you can hold 1 instead of choosing one from the list. Spend your hold when they are in danger later to arrive on the scene ready to help.

Drives
Choose 4 drives to mark at the start of play. When you fulfill a marked drive, strike it out, and choose one: mark potential, clear a condition, take influence over someone involved. When your 4 marked drives are all struck out, choose and mark 4 new drives. When all drives are struck out, change playbooks, retire from the life, or become a paragon.

□ Lead the team successfully in battle
□ Kiss someone dangerous
□ Punch someone you probably shouldn't
□ Help a teammate when they most need you
□ Take down a threat all on your own
□ Outperform an adult hero
□ Pull off a ridiculous stunt
□ Save a teammate's life
□ Get drunk or high with a teammate
□ Drive a fantastical vehicle
□ Get a new costume
□ Get a new hero name
□ Earn the respect of a hero you admire
□ Make out with a teammate
□ Punch out a teammate
□ Break up with someone
□ Stop a fight with calm words
□ Tell someone your true feelings for them
□ Travel to an incredible place (or time)
□ Reject someone who tells you “you shouldn't be here”


Team Moves
When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, tell them how they're awesome and add a Team to the pool. If they tell you how you're awesome in return, add another Team to the pool.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, ask them to confirm or deny that you should be here. If they confirm it, mark potential and give them Influence over you. If they deny it, mark Angry and shift 1 Label up and 1 Label down, your choice.

Moment of Truth
This is the moment when you show them exactly why you belong here. You do any one thing, take out any one enemy, no matter how insane, no matter how ridiculous, because that’s you. Their jaws are gonna drop when you’re done. Of course, pulling off a stunt like this tends to bring unwanted attention and a dangerous reputation..

Stats
Freak: -1
Danger: -1
Savior: +2
Superior: +1
Mundane: +2

GodFish fucked around with this message at Jun 15, 2017 around 23:09

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Fre: -1 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None

I lean in towards Sparrow to whisper, "It's SteTson, like the hat." But its already too late. Oh well... It might be a little unfair of me to already be regretting my choice of voting for her, but... she isn't exactly inspiring confidence so far. On the other hand, she's just being kind of embarrassing, not like Bombshell who is, I'll admit, kind of freaking me out right now with that glowy eye angry-smile thing, even if she is super awesome to watch. "The entrance they pulled me out of was at the corner of 4th and Broadway, but there might be a place closer to City Hall?" Actually, thinking of the tour and Bombshell... I better say something. As we head off to wherever Sparrow decides to lead, I fall back to get a little closer to her so can whisper to her as well. "You're super-strong, right? Along with being able to blow up? Cause... I don't think the place is very sturdy, so doing any explosions might not be a good idea? ...Sorry." I make an extremely nervous awkward face, really hoping she's not going to take this the wrong way.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Fre: -1 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None

I challenged Bombshell to a burger eating contest!

...I lost.

I was trying to cheer her up because I don't think she took my warning very well, but... she seemed kind of pleased to win at first, and then just seemed even more down. I don't get it, I thought winning was supposed to cheer people up. But obviously, I've been doing a bad job of trying to not be a downer around her, so I kind of, let her do her own thing instead of continuing to tag along with her bringing the mood down until we all headed to the tunnels. And here we are - Underground Summitview. I'm glad we're following my plan, there's a lot of ground to cover and it's not all one path, so we're going to have to split up. "Okay, we should probably split into teams of two so we can do this faster. Tundra and Showstopper, Bombshell and Sparrow, me and Manitou maybe?" Sparrow can probably cheer Bombshell up better than I can, they've known each other longer, and that keeps me away from Tundra and Showstopper, good team splitting All American Girl!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Fre: -1 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None

Sparrow seems to be doing a little better... Still not particularly sure it was a good idea to vote for her, but, at least she isn't falling apart anymore. I give her a slightly encouraging smile, then get distracted by Showstopper and Manitou's disagreement. Glancing between the two of them, I'm a little more inclined to trust Showstopper, but still not in the mood to do so. Still, if Showstopper has found someone moving, and Manitou thinks she found the source of this... the obvious solution is to check them both out! "Well, let's check them both out then. Manitou, me and," Sparrow or Bombshell... I should give Bombshell a chance to get away from me since I keep making her sad, but if I go in the group without Sparrow, I'll be the leader, "Bombshell, can go check out her thing, and you three can look into whatever Showstopper found." I give the group another smile, and start to head in the direction Manitou was going.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Fre: -1 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Angry

Some friend you are Showstopper! "Obviously Manitou will be leading the way, since she's the one who knows where we're going, but I'm not sure if you should be trying to assign group leaders, since Sparrow is the one in charge." I give my head a small shake, tossing my hair back, and then smile at Bombshell as she heads over to join the two of us. "Anyway, since we're dealing with magical stuff, we need Tundra and Manitou on separate teams, since they're our best bets at understanding it."

Taking Angry

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Fre: -1 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Angry

"All American Girl."

I shuffle over after her, looking sulky. "Hmph. I'm not letting it get in the way, splitting up to check out the two different signals was the obvious suggestion, and as the leader, the final choice is yours." I never argued against her decisions. "I - what?" I stare at her for a second, blinking repeatedly, not sure at all that I just heard that correctly. I can feel my own face starting to go red behind my mask, which isn't good, with my hair it makes me look ridiculous! I hastily cough several times, as she starts backpedaling rapidly. Phew, she didn't mean it like that!

...What if she did though. My blush is gone, but I'm smiling slightly as I move back to the group. I'm not exactly going to claim to like her back, but it's nice to be liked, isn't it?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Fre: -1 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Angry

Sparrow! Mundane Up, Superior Down!

I'm just going to ignore Showstopper again, he clearly doesn't feel bad about what he did at all, and until he does, I don't see why I should care what he has to say! This is my determination as we head down through the... these aren't really right... tunnels? We should be in like, brick lined... streets, and abandoned basements and stuff. There shouldn't even be a deeper. But there is, and eventually we come out into an honest to god cavern. "whoa..."

My voice sounds especially quiet in such a large space, and trying to make it louder feels wrong. "this shouldn't be here..." Tundra's explanation a moment later makes sense. In that to me she basically just said 'its magic' which seems reasonable. Magic can explain pretty much anything. Though multiple worlds overlapping doesn't seem to explain what it has to do with that weird crypt basement thing, which had been there, in our world, for a long time. Unless this overlap had been her for a long time? I don't know, magic isn't my thing. Might not have time to work that out though if Showstopper, who I am still ignoring except for important things like 'we are about to be attacked', is right, and we're about to be attacked. I turn around to look back up the tunnel, hands drifting down to my belt.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Fre: -1 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Angry

..."Whoa." That makes... no sense at all. To exist. "Uh. Bombshell? I think you can forget what I said about worrying about caving this place in..."

This.

Is.

So.

Cool!

I can't focus on the incredibly awesome skeleton-T-rex though, because that fishman thing is speeding right Sparrow like a proper final fantasy dragoon! "Watch out Sparrow!" I push her to the side, not having time to waste being gentle, and whip my sword out of it's sheath upwards in a silver arc, perfectly timed to block the thing's plunging lance! The impact of the two weapons rings out across the cavern, creating just enough of an impact shockwave to make my hair blow out awesomely. "Ha!" Man, I must look SO COOL. I can't stay angry like this. "Nice try, if you want to get to my teammates, you'll have to come through me, All American Girl!"

[18:40:18] <GodFish> defend Sparrow
[18:40:35] <Yamifenrir> editted in my roll + some fluff for it, godfish
[18:40:52] <GodFish> !r 2d6+3
[18:41:01] <Krysmbot> GodFish, 9+3 = 12
Protecting Sparrow, clearing Angry

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Fre: -1 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Angry

"It's good! But I don't like it with crab. Your thinking Sashimi though, that's when it has fish." I think. To prove the point, I shift my grip on my trusty heirloom katana and prepare for a slice while the thing is busy fighting with Manitou, but just then it breaks free, diving back into the water with just ripples behind it. But... Ripples are as good as target to a master sharpshooter like me! "How about /fried/ fish? Any fans here?" Switching over to my gun, I hastily slot in a fresh set of bullets and fire at the ripples - and slightly ahead of them, hoping to correctly lead the target. It shouldn't matter too much though, these are my taser bullets!

[23:49:45] <GodFish> directly engage fishman - hopefully
[23:49:47] <GodFish> !r 2d6-1
[23:49:49] <Krysmbot> GodFish, 7-1 = 6
rip
My first potential!
With that team, using this to take away its cover of the water

GodFish fucked around with this message at Mar 13, 2017 around 23:47

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Fre: -1 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: None

[13:50:40] <GodFish> Take a Powerful Blow All American Girl
[13:50:53] <GodFish> !r 2d6
[13:50:55] <Krysmbot> GodFish, 2 = 2
[13:51:03] <GodFish> yesssss
potential get


The fishman's final attack is enough for him to push through and get in one last claw at me - only for it to run into my blade inches from my chest. "-ha-" The strike was powerful enough that my hand shaking slightly as it holds him back, and I'm even bracing the blade against him with my gun in my other hand, but I've stopped it. "You're a big fish in a small pond!" Adjusting the angle of my revolver slightly, I pull the trigger, firing my 6th taser round into it's chest. He forgot to count if I'd shot five or six times.

Breathing heavily, I start to put my sword away when I see the dinosaur split into a tornado of bones. That's... not good. And Tundra's trapped in the frozen goo water. We could probably really use her ice magic to stop this bonenado! "Heads up Tundra!" Crap, this angle is terrible, I'm going to hit her like this! "Sparrow, toss me up!" Waiting for her to get her hands into position, I reload my gun, then run forward, stepping onto her hands and leaping upwards, into the air. I'm not the best at acrobatics or anything, but a good high jump is good enough for this! Midair, I sight down at the ice freezing Tundra into place and fire off six shots, each one piercing into the ice around her in a rough circle, sending a spiderweb of cracks splintering through the ice around her and breaking her free. "Stop the Tornado Tundra!" I yell after my bullets as I fall back towards the ground.

I hope someone catches me!

[14:18:04] <GodFish> defend tundra
[14:18:08] <GodFish> !r 2d6+2
[14:18:08] <Krysmbot> GodFish, 11+2 = 13
Adding a team, taking influence, which I have, so raising Tundra's Superior, lowering Mundane

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Fre: -1 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: None

Oh, I'm not falling anymore.

...because I just got frozen by Tundra. Well, at least I won't have as far to fall, but ahhhhhh there I go again! I really can't move myself to get a decent landing now, before I might have been able to use my momentum for "ooofff!" I let out a breath of air and look up to see my savior, Bombshell, holding me tight to her as we fall back to the ground. "Thanks Bombshell!" I can barely even feel the impact as she lands, man, it must be nice to have powers like that. Imagine all the awesome things I could do if I was super strong along with being super talented!

We stare into each others eyes for awhile, and I'm about to say she can put me down, since she's still holding me tight to her, when she does. It was kind of nice, but I'm not a fragile baby either! "Thanks Bombshell." I repeat myself, slapping her on the back with a friendly smile, to patch over the slightly awkward moment I think both of us were feeling. "Good work on the dino-thing. Man, that was cool." I mime punching the air a couple times, looking up at the frozen bonenado that is the remains of it.

"so cool."

How to make All American Girl to like Bombshell - tell her how you feel! Ask her on a date! Compliment and flatter her!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Fre: -1 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +2
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: None

I'll mark potential~

"Thanks Sparrow!" I grin back at her as I turn to face her properly - rather pleased to be getting such positive feedback from two of my new team members so far. And it's pretty obvious now, she does like me, it wasn't just a slip of the tongue~ Even more pleased with myself, I'm happy to return the favor. "Yeah, that team up went great, and I'd love to practice with you - but you'll need to use your magic if you want to stand a chance~" I stick out my tongue briefly, quite enjoying myself. It's not just empty bluster either, she was good, but I definitely was doing better during that fight. Which I'm glad of. I can't let someone who can also use magic surpass me in skill. "But seriously, where did..."

Oh, yikes, Bombshell doesn't look happy! She's stomped off, but... I lean in towards Sparrow, lowering my voice. "sooooo, what's the deal between you two?" You know, maybe we should just go look at whatever Manitou's found. "Tell me later - What's that Manitou?" I shuffle over towards her, looking around in the direction she's facing.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Fre: -1 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +2
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: None

Oh, okay, break time I guess. I don't really mind. Moving over to the side with Sparrow I listen intently, glancing over at Bombshell occasionally. "huh... you didn't do anything to her?" There must have been something, Bombshell seems... kind of sensitive, but generally friendly with everyone else? Or at least not hostile. Definitely awkward. That said... Now she's telling me how she doesn't think she's cut out to be the leader? Well! "You did fine!" That's a lie, she didn't do badly, but she didn't really do anything either. "You know..." I'm a little hesitant, this feels a little awkward to say after that heartfelt speech, "you don't have to be the leader if you don't want to." There's someone who wants to be the leader right here, in front of you, talking to you.

[20:22:00] <GodFish> provoke sparrow
[20:22:03] <GodFish> !r 2d6+1
[20:22:04] <Krysmbot> GodFish, 5+1 = 6
I have influence! Its a 7
Mark potential if you give leadership to All American Girl/put it up to a vote, etc


I feel like... this is my chance, I with a push I might be able to get her to give up on it, but that's... too mean. If she doesn't want to, I'm not going to complain about her giving up, but I can't bring myself to try and actively crush her self esteem. And she's looking so down, I unhelpfully try to cheer her up a little. "But, if you're going to stick with it, just keep trying, right? You'll learn! I mean, I can't use magic, or punch through walls or... do... plant magic stuff... all I can do is shoot really well and swordfight, and it wasn't like I could do either of those when I started out either. I just trained and trained and practiced and trained some more until I was good enough to fight with superpowered people. And you wouldn't say I don't belong here now ...would you?" That last bit came out a little more anxiously than I meant....

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, ask them to confirm or deny that you should be here. If they confirm it, mark potential and give them Influence over you. If they deny it, mark Angry and shift 1 Label up and 1 Label down, your choice.

GodFish fucked around with this message at Mar 28, 2017 around 04:03

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Fre: -2 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +3 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +2
Potential: 5/5 | Conditions: None

I won't lie and say I'm not disappointed, but... I'm also glad I didn't just talk-crush her self-esteem or something like that. So I greet her decision with a slightly conflicted smile. "Yeah, give it another try, and if you don't like doing it, you can make me Leader." I nudge her side with my elbow, trying to play it off like a joke. I'm super serious though. Easy not to dwell on that though when she tells me I do belong and she's happy to have me here - I'd meant it more as a rhetorical question, kind of, but I'm very happy she decided to give it a serious answer. "Aw, thanks Sparrow!" I give her a squeeze, beaming, and then turn to look at Tundra or... Carol... as well. "Yeah, you were great Tundra, but... does that mean your power is connected to your dress then?" I thought it was just something she wore, like my costume. Or, well really everyone's costume.

Leaving Sparrow and Tundra to discuss the situation, I move over towards Manitou whose off on her own for the moment. "That was amazing, back there, with the tree, and the head stuff and-" Trying to gesture out her head falling off the tree and regrowing a body... does not work at all, as it turns out, so after basically flailing my hands around wildly for a second I just give up and look slightly embarrassed. "-you know. It looked cool. Does it feel weird? Oh, uh, feel free to tell me to shut up or something if you don't want to talk about it." Might be kind of a touchy subject now that I think about it. Awkward.

When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, tell them how they're awesome and add a Team to the pool. If they tell you how you're awesome in return, add another Team to the pool.

+1 Team so far!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Fre: -2 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +3 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +2
Potential: 5/5 | Conditions: None

I won't pretend it didn't hurt that Manitou completely ignored me, but, I guess that's technically like telling me to shut up if I was being rude? So, fine, I'll just bite my tongue and head along the tunnel, but that doesn't make me any more interested in Showstopper's garbage attempt to make things better by just acting like he didn't cause this. "Well," I glare at him, barely noticing the weirdly fossilized body of what looks like a sabre-tooth tiger with too many legs encased in more of that ooze which would have been something I'd stop to look at otherwise, "it'd help if you apologized, and told me why you didn't vote for me. Didn't I do a good job on our mission? What happened to loyalty and friendship and that crap?"

At the orb, I give it a curious look. That thing is radiating so much magic even I can practically feel it, imagine what I could do if I got some of that. And thoughts like that aside, we can't destroy it without knowing if it's something important. "We should take it out of here and figure out what it is. I could encase it with one of my gel-bullets so no-one has to touch it directly, if that'd help?"

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Fre: -2 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +3 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None

Taking Never Give Up, Never Surrender

"Yes. Just because there's nothing wrong with doing something doesn't mean it won't hurt someone." Yeah, he's walking away. "But I guess I shouldn't expect you to care about how other people feel!" And what was that supposed to mean?! "Busting your chops about what, exactly?!" Yup raising my voice here. Why do I even care if apologizes, he's such an rear end in a top hat about this!

[17:04:22] <GodFish> oh yeah, provoke showstopper: tell me what your problem is and/or apologize
[17:04:26] <GodFish> !r 2d6+2
[17:04:28] <Krysmbot> GodFish, 4+2 = 6
that was, with influence

GodFish fucked around with this message at Apr 14, 2017 around 00:07

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Fre: -2 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +3 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Angry

"That's such a worthless apology and you know it! You could at least try to sound like you care if you really want to 'bury the hatchet'!" Oh good, he's back, so now I can yell properly right back in his face, "You don't have to be, I don't expect people to be worried about me if I get hurt fighting as a superhero, that's why I'm here, it's part of the job! But Sor-ry I didn't realize you needed someone to kiss your ouchies and pat you on the back every time you do something! And I guess I didn't realize either that you wanted to be a superhero so you could break the law and get away with it all the time, but it's not like I stopped you from doing any of your illegal things, I just tried to say maybe we shouldn't if we're the good guys! I wanted to be on your team, I thought you'd be a great superhero, but apparently you don't think so, so maybe you should just make up your mind if you're a hero or not, because you can't have it both ways!" Hands on my hips, I'm glaring even harder, "Why did you even vote for me to be leader in the first place, and act like you were my friend if you've been this dam-dar-drat mad at me all this time for that ONE THING?!"

Taking Angry

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Fre: -2 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +3 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Angry

Oh yeah, avoid answering, now that I've called out your bullshit Showstopper, ha! Folding my arms and looking way from him I stare around at the others, a set look on my face. "And I agreed with Tundra, since you decided to leave that out." What does Manitou think?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Fre: -2 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +3 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry

.... wow.

"Uh... are you okay Manitou? Do you need a shoulder to lean on to get out of here?" I offer her a hand, not entirely sure if it's actually safe to touch her after eating that. But she's containing it, right? Or the harmful bits anyway? Maybe I can get magic radiation powers from being near her? Hmm.

[21:38:28] <GodFish> support manitou
[21:38:31] <GodFish> !r 2d6
[21:38:31] <Krysmbot> GodFish, 4 = 4

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Fre: -2 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +3 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry, Insecure

Oh grooooooooss! Ahh, my costume is sprouting! It's a good thing my backup is almost finished so I can wear that until I fix this one, but yuck, gotta get this goo out... of... my... ferns? "AhhhHhHH!" MY HAIR WHAT HAPPENED TO MY HAIR! After patting my clothes desperately for a second I pull out my sword, using the reflection in the blade as a mirror. It's... ferns. Yup. Ferns. "hhhhh...actually this looks kind of cool WAIT MY SECRET IDENTITY AHHHHHHHH!!!!!" I can't go around with plant hair normally, everyone will know who I am an in instant - it's not like I'm trying hard to keep it a secret, but, if someone finds out I want to be the one who told them! AhhhhHH!!!




Maybe it'll go away. You know, after a few days. I could definitely just hide for a few days when not doing heroics. Hmm. On the way back to the base I stopped at a few plants, trying to make them grow or something by waving my hands around and concentrating. Nothing. This sucks. I got the downsides of getting transformed into something obviously not normal without getting to look really cool or getting superpowers. I mean it doesn't look bad, but it's not like looking like a giant spooky pumpkin like Manitou or a sick dinosaur person like what's his name, that hero over in Halcyon City.

My room is mostly given over to my workshop, which is to say, a sewing machine, some spools of cloth, a small leather working kit, that sort of thing, though I have a couch and a coatrack with my costume and bits and pieces of other potential designs on it. Oh and two mirrors, obviously, so I can examine my work when I'm wearing it. It's one of those that I'm in front of now, critically examining my appearance. What can I do with this? Hope it goes away as my hair grows out, maybe, but that's not much good in the meantime. I can't go around being All American Girl with Bright Green Plant Hair. Doesn't work. Sighing, I sit down at my desk and pull over a piece of paper, starting to scratch out ideas. The Green Party. mh. Green Giant. no. Organic Heroine... might be the start of an idea, but no. All Natural Girl? Natural Hero. Hero of Nature? Heroic Nature? Nature Heroic? Gluten Free Girl. I need a new direction. Wild Girl. Hm. Man versus Wild. Wilderness. I might be able to do something with that. Sort of abstract concept. Into the Wild. Nooo. After a bit more working I've settled on All Natural Girl or Wilderness. The Green Party is still sitting at the top of the list. Hm. Could do a simple American Flag outfit except its three shades of green instead of red/white/blue. ...No. I just need to buy some plant patterned fabric and some green cloth and I should be able to make a good Wilderness or All Natural Girl costume though. I should run the two ideas by some other people on the team though.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Fre: -2 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +3 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry, Insecure

Oh poo poo! Dinner with Gramps, I almost forgot! Or technically I would have forgotten if I hadn't just remembered! How much time do I have? ... Oh, okay. Got time. Phew. But yeah... that's going to be... He's always been supportive of me, even if I think he never really expected me to actually go through with it and succeed, but this is going to worry him. It isn't like it did any damage, but that's kind of the point, if it could just mutate my hair like that, what else could it have done? I know he fought not with, but adjacent to, some of the first heroes back in WWII, but no one wants to think about their family mutating into weird things, even if I think Manitou is awesome.

Maybe I can cover it up with a baseball cap and a scarf or something...

In front of the mirror again, a few minutes later... no. No I can't.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Fre: -2 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +3 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Angry, Insecure

Maybe I should try and put it off for a day or two, give my hair a chance to revert. It's gotta revert, right?

"huh? Oh, just a sec!" Stepping away from the mirror, I hurry over to my coatrack and pull my domino mask back on over my eyes, then step up to the door. I hesitate for a moment with my hand on the handle, but.. everyone already saw me with plant hair, so... I open the door. "Hey Sparrow, come on in, have a seat." I wave her towards the couch, shutting the door behind her and head back to my desk, sitting down on my chair and swiveling to face her. "Okay, All Natural Girl, green ... spandex, yeah, with leafy plant patterns, or Wilderness, kind of shaggy pants and shirt, green again but with a bit of camo style, and a vine holster. What do you think?"

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Fre: -2 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +3 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Insecure

I'll remove Angry

Aww. "Thanks!" I mean it too. "I... I do think it looks good, but I can't go around in public like this as, you know, myself... It'll give it away in an instant. But I really appreciate you trying to cheer me up," I reach out and take her hand, giving it a soft squeeze. I think my face is going red too, it's probably clashing horribly with my hair now. I let go of her hand fairly quickly, and reach back to brush my ferns into what is hopefully a more flattering position. "You're pretty cute too, you know." Yeah, definitely going red. "So!" I stand up, putting my list down on the desk, I'll get back to it later. "Do you want to do that sparring you were thinking of? I've got an hour or so, anyway." Before I need to figure out if I'm canceling on Gramps tonight or not. Hm. "But, you're gonna lose, like I said!" Yeah, definitely not worried about her sword fighting plus magic beating me. Since I'm not gonna shoot my teammate. At least I'm feeling a lot happier in general, anyway.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Fre: -2 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +3 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: Insecure

"Well in that case, I won't shoot you!" As for dinner, "Well, maybe dinner tomorrow night, I might be busy. But dinner eventually, anyway, you're on. To the gym!" Plucking my sword up off the stand, I head out into the hall and over to the small room we use as a gym/training room. It's not great, but it'll do fine for the two of us. After a few minutes applying a thick rubber edge to stop me from accidentally cutting her in half, I take position a few feet away from Sparrow and give her a half bow. Then, one hand on my hilt and the other on my sheath, eyeing her closely I count us off, "three... two... one... go!" Out comes the sword, slicing towards her side in a quick arc.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Fre: -2 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +3 | Sup: +1 | Mun: +2
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Insecure

I can hear my phone ring in the corner, but I'll check that out later. Right now, I've got Sparrow to focus on. She's fast - but so am I! I counter her slashes and insert attacks of my own into the mix, forcing her to change attacks into blocks here and there, the two of us moving back and forth across the room until I've worked up quite a sweat - phew - I don't think I've spared against anyone quite as good as her, but that just goes to show how good my own training has been! "You're pretty good, best I've fought," I compliment her, taking a step back to wipe my forehead off before lunging back in, "but don't think that'll be enough to beat me!"

Without my gun, finding opens to put in my strikes is a lot harder, since I can't just make one with a bullet, but I think I've found my moment - as she commits to an attack we both know I'd have to block, instead of using my sword I swing my sheath up to take the hit, using that moment to stab in with the (blunted) tip of my blade!

got a 4!
One of us takes a powerful blow!


Sparrow can take influence, I take potential, and Sparrow can get potential

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Fre: -2 | Dan: -2 | Sav: +3 | Sup: +2 | Mun: +2
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Insecure

"Well... alright." I feel like she's flattering me a little, I mean, she did dodge that attack, and it was my best bet for winning the fight. Still, I slip my sword away and catch the water bottle, popping the cap off to take a long drink. "Thanks!" I can't help but grin back at her, enjoying her words even if was holding back and trying to make me feel better about myself because who doesn't like flattery? Especially from a cute girl who said she liked you earlier. Shifting around on my feet and trying not to show how pleased I am, I shrug and go for another drink of water before replying. "Oh, you know, just a lot of training. Practice makes perfect and a sharp body is a sharp blade or something like that. Oh, should probably check that..." My communicator's been going off for a while.

Splashing the last of my bottle over my face - and watering my hair I guess - I move over to take it out of my gym bag. Let's see... An urgent alert... and Bombshell wants to hang out and has something for me? And she stuck her foot in her mouth about my hair. Grinning again, I type out a reply one handed while I towel off my sweat.

@Bombshell posted:

not sure if we'll have time what w/ 'situation' but if we do sure
what do you have for me?
&thanks for sympathy abt hair
maybe itll shed and grow back normal?
your eyes r cool though

Turning back to Sparrow I slip my communicator away and finish packing up. "I guess we should go see what this is about then." Slinging my bag over my shoulder, I make a quick stop over at my room to drop it off and grab my guns. Inside, I take a moment to stare in my mirror, not seeing my planthair this time, instead trying to figure out how I can get better. I should be able to beat Sparrow in a sparring match, without having to do risky attacks that might actually hurt her... More training. Or maybe I can find some proper radioactive magic to get me real powers.

Anyway. Off to the meeting.

Going to say got closer to Bombshell during last session, move my labels around

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Fre: -2 | Dan: -2 | Sav: +3 | Sup: +2 | Mun: +2
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Insecure

@Bombshell posted:

okay...
weird n cool myb

Sitting down in the room, I smile briefly at everyone else, expect Showstopper who I don't look at, and Bombshell who gets an extra, expectant one, wondering what her surprise is. Then I look back at the screen to see what this is all about. "Them??? No way - they're a joke!" I give the screen a glare, saving some extra venom for - what the hell, just thinking her name makes it all neony... that's new - she's the local graffiti artist 'revolutionary' punk kind of kid, and she doesn't have any powers either (or didn't before Lichthos' magic got to her - the paint she's using to vandalize one of the shopfronts is glowing kind of supernaturally) but you'd be surprised how hard it is to fight someone rollerblading around and trying to spray paint into your eyes - and the long paint roller she uses as a staff hurts too. She always targets me because she's anti-establishment and I'm all about America! I hate her so much. "What are they now, the Summitview Six? Or was that a couple weeks ago?" Ugh, how come she gets cool magic powers and I'm stuck with fern-hair?


GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Fre: -2 | Dan: -2 | Sav: +3 | Sup: +2 | Mun: +2
Potential: 5/5 | Conditions: Insecure

"What, Showstopper?" I give the device in Bombshell's hand a suspicious look, missing the last bit of her first line as I take it cautiously and turn it around in my hands. "...really? My hair?" Putting it on and half expecting it to explode with goo or something 'hilarious' like that I hit the little switch on the side of the hairband. Nothing obviously has happened, so I pull out my sword to look in the reflection on the blade. My hair is still green... but it looks like hair!

"oh wow, thanks Bombshell!" I catch her up in a tight hug, squeezing hard - though she probably can't tell - then move up to talk to Showstopper - but by the time I catch up to him, we've arrived and he and Bombshell have already attacked the whatever Six they are now. "Hey Show-" Oh, nevermind. I'll thank him after. For now... I don't like the look of whatever weird magic thing Tag (uuugh, he looks so good) and (uuuugh gently caress you for having magic) are doing. I might not have magic, but I do have paint, so hopefully that'll mess up theirs. Loading six paintball bullets into my revolver, I unleash them on the wall, splattering the art with thick globs of paint, and ruining whatever graffiti/magic they were setting up. In theory.

[18:36:30] <GodFish> unleash to change terrain - remove magic paint
[18:36:32] <GodFish> !r 2d6-2
[18:36:33] <Krysmbot> GodFish, 8-2 = 6
wow, that was close

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Fre: -2 | Dan: -2 | Sav: +3 | Sup: +2 | Mun: +2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Insecure

Using my potential to take There when it matters from the Bull playbook

Oh noooo I can feel my hair tingling or something it's getting worse I just know it! It is kind of cool that Manitou was able to do something magicy with my bullets through it, but aaaaargh-whoa what? Wooow, that was awesome Sparrow! But... ugh, if she can do stuff that impressive with her magic, she's even stronger than I am... Why did all these people get cool magic powers and I don't? It's such bullshit.

But bullshit powers or not, is focusing on Sparrow with that weird... dunno, paint blast, or something. Which is the perfect opening for me to fire a glue burst at her!

Got a 5!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Fre: -2 | Dan: -2 | Sav: +3 | Sup: +2 | Mun: +2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Insecure

"Ahh!" This magic paint stings like crazy ahhh what did I shot "Sorry!" ahhhh I hit Showstopper and I would have kind of enjoyed that if he hadn't just given me this hair thing ahhhhhhhrgh! "Watchout!!" Well that was probably an excellent comedy of errors if you were watching it from the outside, but instead I just hurt, can banrely see and am stuck to the ground in a pile of glue with Showstopper. This. Sucks.

Got a 7 on Never give up, picking to get an opportunity and taking Angry

Luckily, our disgraceful fall seems to have made Tag decide we're out of the fight. Well that and what sounds and feels like several massive bombs and earthquakes going off at the same time somewhere behind us. "Showstopper, can you do anything about this? I have stuff that'll dissolve the glue, but I can't reach any of it..." I'd be whispering but he wouldn't be able to hear that over the sound, so I'm almost yelling, which makes it about as hearable as a whisper would be normally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Fre: -2 | Dan: -2 | Sav: +3 | Sup: +2 | Mun: +2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Insecure

"Belt pouch on my right." At least both of my hands are sticking out of the glue, even if I can't move them into the right angle I need to get to the pouch. So I can't help us there, but I can try to lay some covering fire. Well, sort of. I can see his claw arm thing moving out of the corner of my eye, but with his attention on that, he doesn't notice the danger heading right towards us! I'm not even sure which danger I mean, the giant paint robots foot or the explosions or the other things going on, but either way... "Trouble incoming, I'm gonna knock us out of the way, watch the arm!" Shouting that warning, I carefully - as carefully as I can while glued up - aim at the ground next to us and fire one of my small exploding bullets. The blast won't blow up the glue, but it is enough to knock it off of the ground, sending the two of us flying away from the other dangers, bouncing across the road a few times. I'm able to stop us before we get banged around too much from the bouncing by planting my sword firmly into the ground ahead of us and absorbing the impact on it. Good thing we had the glue to protect us from most of the explosion, I just feel mostly singed and only a little battered!

@All American Girl: 2d6+3 defend showstopper = (4+4)+3 = 11
We're both safe and I'll clear Angry

  • Locked thread