Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?



Freak: 0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +3 | Sup: 0 | Mun: +1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions:


"Oh! Hi Agent Stetson! And... uhm, sorry about your car." Tundra replies. "I don't have any questions no! We'll do our best to solve this for sure!

What happened to the car, one might wonder?

Well, Tundra got deposited... roughly fifthy meters in the air. Above a car. She may have not even realized she was falling and continued berating her team members about the benefits of giving dental to zombies.

She DEFINITELY fell ono Agent Stetsons car, however. And due to her immunity to mundane damage, SOMETHING had to give, and that something was his car. Which is the precise reason why a Tundra-shaped dent decorates the car roof and interior now.


quote:

Tundra, the Legacy
Legacy Name: The North-Wind Witches
Real Name: Carol Winters
Look: Woman, White, Unassuming Clothing, Magical Girl Costume

Abilities: divine armor, magic weaponry, mythic might, legendary speed, god-like beauty

Legacy Moves
Fight the good fight
When you pull your punches while directly engaging a threat, you can roll + Savior instead of +Danger. If you do, you cannot choose to impress, surprise, or frighten your foe.

Words of the past:
When you seek the guidance of one of your elders or a member of your legacy, tell them a problem you face, and ask them a question about the problem. They will answer it honestly, and tell you what to do. Take +1 ongoing if you listen. If you go your own way, mark potential.


Legacy
Your legacy is an important part of Halcyon City.

Name the different members of your legacy (at least two):

Holly Winters is still active and prominent in the city.


That's my mom! She's the best! She's been fighting the good fight for a good 60 years now.

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention that, didn't I? Becoming a magical girl slows down aging. A lot. So Mom? Got a lot of practice. She's one of the most renown heroes in the city!

... I wanna be just like her!

Unfortunately, for now, she's keeping me here in Summitview, "for my own safety". Just means I got to prove how much I've trained, right?

Sandra Winters is the next possible member of your legacy.


My little sis. She's... well, uh... a little bit more competent at most matters than I am. But I got the spirit! Totally! But anyway, she's too young to become a magical girl like me yet, so HAH.


Annalena Winters is retired and quite judgmental.


She's my grandma. And like, reaaaaallly old. Like, 150 years old. No, I'm serious. She's been on the job for that long, and, uh... It kinda shows...

To be honest, I'm not the biggest fan of her. She's always so critical of me and mom! I mean, I'm sure she means well, but still...


The Darkfire Witch is the greatest opponent your legacy ever faced... and is still at large.


Remember when I told you about the Darkfire Witches? Yeah, grandma apparently missed one of them. Or the familiar. Like, these dark witches are seriously evil. And always up to no good!

So recently, this one surfaced. Neither Mom or Grandma know much about this one, but she's really powerful! Scary powerful. And she's apparently hiding out in Halcyon City! Eeep.



Whenever time passes, roll + Savior to see how the members of your legacy feel or react to your most recent exploits. Before rolling, ask the other players to answer these questions about your performance. Take -1 to the roll for each “no” answer:

- have you been upholding the traditions of your legacy?
- have you maintained the image of your legacy?
- have you made the other members of your legacy proud?

On a hit, one of them offers you meaningful encouragement, an opportunity, or an advantage. On a 7-9, another is upset with your most recent actions, and will make their displeasure known. On a miss, something you did stirred up the hornet’s nest—expect several members of your legacy to meddle with your life.


Labels
Freak +0
Danger -1
Savior +3
Superior +0
Mundane +1

Moment of Truth
This is the moment when you prove how much the mantle belongs to you. You seize control of all your powers, and you defeat even impossible odds to prove you are worthy of the name you carry. You accomplish feats even your predecessors couldn’t do. Of course, after you prove something like that, you can expect still more responsibilities to be placed on your shoulders...

Team Moves
When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, tell them whether you see them as an equal. If you do, give them Influence over you and mark potential. If you don't, shift Superior up and any other label down.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, tell them a secret about your legacy (including your own true feelings about it) to clear a Condition and give them Influence over you.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at May 11, 2017 around 22:15

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +3 | Sup: 0 | Mun: +1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions:

'Grandma just sent me a message! And it wasn't yelling at me for no reason this time! Hooray!' Tundra thought to herself as she read a message on her phone.

She told me Tundra she sensed up some sort of magical reading below the city, and well, it turned out to be right! There IS magic in the air! Quite a lot, actually. Seems like some sort of magical thingie got activated.

"No need to split up! My magical senses are showing me exactly what we're looking for! Follow me!" Tundra proudly exclaims, walking forward to a crossing in the tunnels. Suddenly, she stops, looking at each direction in a rather confused manner.

"... huh? The thing can't be in every direction. That's just silly." she mumbles to herself loudly enough for others to hear, before continuing to walk straight forward, because that's what you do to get ahead in life! ... right?

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Apr 21, 2017 around 16:01

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +3 | Sup: 0 | Mun: +1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions:

"Uhm... you guys seem to be pretty busy discussing so I didn't want to interrupt, but... why do we need to split up if we got multiple people that know where we need to go?" Tundra voices. "That just sounds silly to me. Let's just follow Manitou!"

Followig Manitou.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +3 | Sup: 0 | Mun: +1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions:

"Oooooh! This is a planar conflux. A place where multiple worlds overlap! I think. At least that what mom told me. This one seems to be connected to some sort of plane of earth." Tundra exclaimed, quite a lot more knowledgeable than usual.

Realizing this, she smiles widely.

"I don't know what the green stuff is about, though. That isn't normal. Somebody must have messed with the magical energies present in this place! Try not to get your feet wet, I don't know what that liquid does. Could do anything from nothing to melt your skin off and animate the bone below to try and kick you in the face." she continues.

"... happened to one of Grandma's friends once."

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Apr 21, 2017 around 16:01

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +3 | Sup: 0 | Mun: +1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions:

"Don't worry, I got this! Probably!" Tundra exclaims, before jumping forward, holding her wand high!

The wand glows brightly, and upon contact with the T-Rex, Tundra... boops it.

... Really?

Well, as ridiculous as that looked, the giant T-Rex is rapidly being frozen over, so it must have worked!




quote:

15:33 Yamifenrir Tundra freezes a giant skeletal T-Rex! ... Maybe?
15:33 Yamifenrir !r 2d6+3 (using the Beacon move to replace Danger with Savior)
15:33 Krysmbot Yamifenrir, 6+3 = 9
Taking away the T-Rex's ability to move!

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +3 | Sup: 0 | Mun: +1
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions:


Tundra slams against the cave wall, but... she doesn't seem to have noticed much at all, instead focused on what the fish-man is doing.

"Oh, I got an idea! I'll freeze a portion of the river! That way, it can't hide and woaaaaah!" Tundra announces... before promptly slipping on the wet flood and sliding away.


quote:

14:35 Yamifenrir Tundra attempts to freeze the river!
14:35 Yamifenrir !r 2d6
14:35 Krysmbot Yamifenrir, 2 = 2
14:35 Yamifenrir good job, Tundra
14:35 Yamifenrir good job


quote:

17:51 Tricky also, yami, don't forget to take your powerful blow
17:51 Yamifenrir oh
17:51 Yamifenrir whoops
17:52 Yamifenrir also
17:52 Yamifenrir that t-rex
17:52 Yamifenrir is DOUBLE ANGRY
17:52 Yamifenrir I just wanna point that out
17:52 Tricky it is
17:52 Tricky extra angry!
17:52 Yamifenrir !r 2d6
17:52 Krysmbot Yamifenrir, 4 = 4
17:52 Yamifenrir Take a powerful blow. Forgot but eh

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Mar 13, 2017 around 16:53

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +3 | Sup: +1 | Mun: 0
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions:


Tundra gasps for air after she gets back on land. "Okaaaaay this might sound stupid but DON'T GO INTO THAT WATER IT'S REALLY BAD!" she yells out.

Confusedly looking at AAG, she finally notices the tornado. "Oh! Okay. TUNDRA SAVES THE DAAAAAAY!" she yells out, jumping forward and glowing bright blue, a solid WALL of frost shoots out from her (Into every direction), creating a roughly tornado shaped pillar as well as freezing the walls, the water, and... well, her teammates.

"... Oops! Sorry!" she apologizes.

... before breaking the ice. Magically shattering the one encasing her teammates, she apologizes once more. As she does, suddenly, with a bright light, her magical girl form dissipates, leaving her as boring old Carol.

"... oh dear..."


quote:

22:39 Yamifenrir Tundra attempts to save the day!
22:39 Yamifenrir (Unleash)
22:39 Yamifenrir !r 2d6
22:39 Krysmbot Yamifenrir, 12 = 12
Exhausting divine armor.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Mar 19, 2017 around 22:09

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +3 | Sup: +1 | Mun: 0
Potential: 4/5 | Conditions:


Carol kind of awkwardly stands at the sideline of the conversation. Speaking up, she sounds awfully... tired.

"Uhm... sorry to interrupt... but I kind of have a bit of a problem." she sheepishly announced. "Between that attack just now and the weird water sucking out of most of my power... I'm... kind of lacking the magical part of magical girls right now. ... Sorry."

After Sparrow announces her worries, Tundra tries to refute them. "I... I think you did a good job!"


quote:

19:38 Yamifenrir Tundra tries to support Sparrow!
19:38 Yamifenrir !r 2d6
19:38 Krysmbot Yamifenrir, 5 = 5
19:38 Yamifenrir welp
19:38 Yamifenrir forgot to check for influence, but... yeaaaah

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Mar 28, 2017 around 18:02

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +3 | Sup: +1 | Mun: 0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions:


Carol smiles when Sparrow reassures her. "Thanks... I sure hope you're right." she replies, looking through the group. "I'll rely on you all in the meantime! ... Sorry to be a burden..."

"No, AAG, it's more like... an external expression of my magic! I'm a magical girl, right? The dress... just kinda comes with that." Tundra explains before AAG walks off.


Marking potential! As my advance, I'll pick up the remaining powers of my suite: legendary speed, and mythic might! ... as soon as Coral gets her powers back, anyway.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +3 | Sup: +1 | Mun: 0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions:

"Thanks, Bombshell!" Tundra says to her savior. "Can't believe I slipped again... sorry..."

With a bitter smile, she turns to Bombshell. "You know, you're pretty cool. I kinda wish you wouldn't be so mean to Sparrow, though... What did she do to you, anyway?"

As the question of the orb comes up, she quickly brings up her own suggestion. "I say we should bring it with us. It's possible just destroying it would make this mess down here permanent. My mom or grandma probably would know a way to deal with this thing in a better fashion. They're well versed in magical things like this."


quote:

17:00 Yamifenrir Tundra attempt to comfort Bombshell!
17:00 Yamifenrir !r 2d6+0
17:00 Krysmbot Yamifenrir, 10+0 = 10
If she opens up, I add a point of Team to the pool.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +3 | Sup: +1 | Mun: 0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions:

IM to Showstopper posted:

Going to call up Grandma about it. She'll know what to do - she dealt with something really similar to this before.

Happily typing away at her comically outdated phone, Carol then selects one of her saved contacts, and calls them.

"Hi Grandma! I need your help. Do you have some time?" she asks. Without actually waiting for a response, she continues. "Actually, this is kinda really important. We found one of those planar conflux orb thingies in a cave. It turned most of it into a weird acid-magic draining underground river! What are we supposed to do with it? Uhm, also, one of my friends ate it. Are they going to be alright? And, uhm, another one grew a garden on her hair when she touched it. Can you fix that?"


quote:

When you seek the guidance of one of your elders or a member of your legacy, tell them a problem you face, and ask them a question about the problem. They will answer it honestly, and tell you what to do. Take +1 ongoing if you listen. If you go your own way, mark potential.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Apr 21, 2017 around 16:17

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +3 | Sup: +1 | Mun: 0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions:


"Hey! It wasn't me! ... This time..." Tundra retorts. "But thanks! I'll go fix this."

Taking way too long to find the stop call button, she eventually finshes the call and writes Showstopper another message.

Message to Showstopper posted:

Hey, it's me again. Grandma told me to store it in an ice construct to stop the secretion. She said trying to use more magic to fix AAG's hair isn't going to work, though - something about patterns being altered by planar energies? I dunno, it's all technobabble to me! - but she said Cheiron Cryptoinnovations might have some information. Where you at right now? I'll come over."


quote:

20:08 Yamifenrir Tundra, what does the legacy think about you?
20:08 Yamifenrir !r 2d6+3
20:08 Krysmbot Yamifenrir, 8+3 = 11

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +3 | Sup: +1 | Mun: 0
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions:


"Yeah, it's fine. Already know where. All kinds of crazy magical stuff happens in grandma's house anyway, one more thing isn't gonna hurt. She told me to freeze it nice and solid and it should stop puking another plane into ours."

She looks at Manitou, expectingly.

"Oh. right. Could you like, put it right there? I'll just freeze it."

Channeling her magic, she suddenly releases far too much.

"Woah woah woah that is a lot stronger than expected!!" she cries out as the entire room is engulfed in a near-polar temperature.




quote:

22:10 Yamifenrir Alright, Tundra attempts to unleash her powers to contain the orb!
22:11 *** Theantero quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
22:11 Yamifenrir !r 2d6+1
22:11 Krysmbot Yamifenrir, 5+1 = 6
22:11 Yamifenrir good job, tundra

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +3 | Sup: +1 | Mun: 0
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Afraid

Tundra catches her breath as she finally manages to wrestle control over her magic back.

"Huff... that was close!" she yelps.



Marking Afraid to make it permanent.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at May 2, 2017 around 17:43

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +3 | Sup: +1 | Mun: 0
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Afraid

"Alright!" Tundra exclaims enthusiastically.. "A job well done! Let's go meet up with Showstopper!"

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at May 2, 2017 around 17:41

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +3 | Sup: +1 | Mun: 0
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Afraid


"It's gonna be fiiine! Don't worry about it. Mom and Grandma got it under control." Tundra reassures Manitou. "Anyway, Showstopper asked I meet up with him, so I'mma go there. Feel free to come!"

That said, she leaves the house, making her way to Showstopper's turf. Once there, she rings the bell.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at May 2, 2017 around 17:41

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +3 | Sup: +1 | Mun: 0
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Afraid


"Uhm... I'm fine with whatever, really. I didn't really get to listen to much music when I was younger, a lot of it was magic training..." Tundra replies to Bombshell, somewhat sheepishly.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at May 2, 2017 around 17:41

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +3 | Sup: +1 | Mun: 0
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Afraid

The music... was kind of scary! I may or may not have actually huddled up in response to it. Oh dear... I hope the others don't take it in the wrong way. I'm sure the music is good, but... it's scary. And loud. Nothing like the stuff mom and grandma listen to!

But, my mind was mostly somewhere else, anyway. Namely, my magic. I noticed it when I tried to freeze the orb, but so much more magic came out with the same amount of effort! And now that I think about it, I do feel more powerful. But still, the orb is probably safest to keep at Grandma's house. Wait, did I tell her about putting it there?

I did, right?

*beep* *beep*

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at May 2, 2017 around 17:43

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?


Freak: 0 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +3 | Sup: +1 | Mun: 0
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Afraid

Tundra stared at the screen.



There's no doubt.

It's her...

The Darkfire Witch.

Why was she here? Is she trying to draw out the North-Wind Witches? Tundra didn't like it one bit. She didn't say anything, but her body language was pretty clear. Shirking back, it almost looked like she was shivering a little.

  • Locked thread