Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Captain Hygiene posted:

Meanwhile in more traditional awful games, something unprecedented has appeared:

Hentai dudes :aaaaa:

that art is trash. this would be lovely hentai even if it were more explicit but it's not hentai at all because the artstyle is wrong. in addition to being bad. i'm really steamed about this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

b_d posted:

that art is trash. this would be lovely hentai even if it were more explicit but it's not hentai at all because the artstyle is wrong. in addition to being bad. i'm really steamed about this

saw this on igg, I especially like the name lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I just noticed it says "great original classical music." Did they compose new classical music for this. lol

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Captain Hygiene posted:

Meanwhile in more traditional awful games, something unprecedented has appeared:

Hentai dudes :aaaaa:

I feel like there is something odd going on with the pectoral muscles there.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

pentyne posted:

New Exalted was darker and edgier to the max in 2013, so basically 31 flavors of rape.
https://www.somethingawful.com/dungeons-and-dragons/burn-down-whitewolf/1/

Coincidentally, the publishing company White Wolf which runs Exalted and World of Darkness is no longer allowed to publish their works without supervisory approval from the company that owns them, Paradox, checking it first to make sure it is acceptable after repeatedly including white supremacist stuff in their books and writing very weird and hosed up things about LGBTQ world issues.

Honestly the article is right nobody should have expected better from the same rpg that had demonic child rape before the darker and edgier reboot.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

The gross elements of Exalted were a weird trickle thing. I played a lot of the first edition in college, and back then, it was mostly stuff you could ignore -- the art direction was frequently a problem, and there were definitely some unpleasant sexual menace elements in some of the expansion books, but none of it was PC-related or anything you needed to engage with if you just wanted to play Guys With Huge Swords Yelling At Each Other: the RPG. It got a little worse as the line went on, and there were definitely late 1E books I didn't buy because of the art. Then the second edition kept going, including the metaplot-important demonic child rape, and... yep, I was done.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
The White Wolf staff involved loved describing themselves as a bunch of Swedish edge-lords with no limits or filters on their content.

You can guess the gender and ethnic make up of the staff.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

pentyne posted:

The White Wolf staff involved loved describing themselves as a bunch of Swedish edge-lords with no limits or filters on their content.

A bunch of attractive minority lesbians I assume

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

More like White Whoof

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

pentyne posted:

...weren't they from Atlanta?

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

I thought the Swedish edge lords were the ones that created the mutilation trpg where there's a lot of pc created princesses being thrown into a literal meat grinder.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

hexwren posted:

...weren't they from Atlanta?

He's talking about the guys who brought Vampire the Masquerade back and added in details like vampires being responsible for the mass killings of gay people in Chechnya. You know, that thing that is currently happening and involves real people.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Ok, why would vampires want to have a bunch of gay humans in Chechnya killed? Is there at least some reason beyond the author being homophobic?

And on that note, Vampire the Masquerade: Night Road is very good. Chose your own adventure that easily feels the most like a pen and paper I've ever experienced. And it lets you be non-binary if that's your thing.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Lodin posted:

Ok, why would vampires want to have a bunch of gay humans in Chechnya killed? Is there at least some reason beyond the author being homophobic?

And on that note, Vampire the Masquerade: Night Road is very good. Chose your own adventure that easily feels the most like a pen and paper I've ever experienced. And it lets you be non-binary if that's your thing.

Does it let me be Toreador?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Don Gato posted:

He's talking about the guys who brought Vampire the Masquerade back and added in details like vampires being responsible for the mass killings of gay people in Chechnya. You know, that thing that is currently happening and involves real people.

Yeah, no, I heard about the Chechnya thing, I just didn't realize it was a different group of guys

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Lodin posted:

You see the vampires are using it as a distraction in the Masquerade and bllluugurhughrg. The real reason is WoD regularly incorporates some real world stuff and they're used to doing edgy poo poo because the game's dark, man, and sometimes that means they just have to place down then step on every rake they can.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jun 18, 2021

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

An insane mind posted:

Does it let me be Toreador?

Other than Malk it lets you play as pretty much any clan you could think of as long as you get the two DLCs.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Would this be the appropriate thread to post incredibly cursed steam comments related to bad steam games

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Would this be the appropriate thread to post incredibly cursed steam comments related to bad steam games

:justpost:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Instantly regretting previous post :yikes:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Instantly regretting previous post :yikes:

What did you expect?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I'm kidding, please never stop posting terrible games and user comments for me to be horrified by

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.
not quite as dramatic as the last one but this has been a coworker's pinned tweet since 2016 and singlehandedly spawned a small meme

i forget what game it was even for and if there were ever bobs to unsensor in the first place

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Terrible Awful Games: how to get bobs ...... . ?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
how is bobby formed

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Postal 4

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Not sure that guy really knows what "humor" is. But then neither do Running With Scissors.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
I have a tattoo of the RWS logo with a giant windswept mohawk. I dont either.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

the whole comment is full of cool ideas but i’m most intrigued by the notion that dildos are serious now. and harassment?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

that comment feels like it was made by someone who traveled here from an alternate universe. dildos being everywhere only makes sense as a political statement? jon st. john should insert duke nukem references into this game after dnf??? let's make some of the content alpha-only to....?????????

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Pretty much some people have issues with the game being too woke.
https://twitter.com/RWSbleeter/status/1279029648144379905?s=20

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

b_d posted:

the whole comment is full of cool ideas but i’m most intrigued by the notion that dildos are serious now. and harassment?

remember when the internet sent some braindamaged rednecks (illegally occupying a federal building) some joke care packages as support for their 'cause', which led to some videos of rightwing terrorists being really mad about dildos?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Don't get me wrong by my last post, I loved Postal 2 and I bought the Postal 4 alpha. It's just that when I'm laughing at a Postal game it's usually for the emergent gameplay shenanigans I'm getting up to and not so much the writing.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Lodin posted:

Pretty much some people have issues with the game being too woke.

...???

They hired Milo for the Postal 2 expansion, how woke is that

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

kirbysuperstar posted:

...???

milo was gay back then

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Truga posted:

milo was gay back then

chuds still loved him at that point though

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Truga posted:

milo was gay back then

I don't think "milo" and "woke" have ever gone together in any form regardless of how gay he is

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

kirbysuperstar posted:

...???

Well you have to understand that these days anything short of full, mask off naziism is going to be "too woke" for a lot of chuds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
...and to give a shadow of a doubt. Back in those days Milo was doing a lot of "ironic" YOLO spending. Given that RWS is a smaller studio that self publishes, there's a pretty good chance that he paid them to be included in the game.