Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Directly Drink Milk from Cow 【直に牛乳を飲め】

quote:

The main character comes to work part-time at a ranch and takes care of 16 Holstein cows and their calves. He has to chase the cows with his dog, milk the cows, feed them, and carry the milk in buckets slowly without spilling. You can also take a car to explore and talk to the villagers.
https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256875982/movie480_vp9.webm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

is this frog fraction 4

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
It looks like a Tim & Eric sketch.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

The reviews are mostly "I learned a lot about cows" which sounds about right I guess??

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

kirbysuperstar posted:

is this frog fraction 4

Sadly not that interesting. Just a very janky, barebones farming sim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5UyUnpw6X8

It's not shown in the video but there was a point he had to restart because the dog fell under the world(possibly from being driven over) and you can't control the cows at all without it.

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009

RatHat posted:

Sadly not that interesting. Just a very janky, barebones farming sim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5UyUnpw6X8

It's not shown in the video but there was a point he had to restart because the dog fell under the world(possibly from being driven over) and you can't control the cows at all without it.

Terrible Awful Games: The Dog That Fell Under The World

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Idk if "Infinite Adventures®" is a bad game or not but the character art is certainly A Thing.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/607820/Infinite_Adventures/

quote:

HUNDREDS of BEAUTIFUL anime styled characters and enemies

CREATE your own party of characters from one of 5 Races and 10 Classes while choosing from 190+ Full body Character Art Pieces

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

FirstAidKite posted:

Idk if "Infinite Adventures®" is a bad game or not but the character art is certainly A Thing.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/607820/Infinite_Adventures/

one of my steam buddies has that and says it's really good. basically procedurally generated wizardry

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm just glad that the ape nft creators found gainful employment after all :unsmith:

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Nenonen posted:

I'm just glad that the ape nft creators found gainful employment after all :unsmith:

Infinite Adventures is years old. They must have done it first.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Prism posted:

Infinite Adventures is years old. They must have done it first.

welp, then I guess we know where they ended :smithicide:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It is just going for that mid-90's webcomic aesthetic.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Birthright, Ancestry, and Origin, as separate steps in character creation? :raise:

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

This was on my ignore list so I must have nixed it without paying attention during one of my daily trips through the not interested queue (up to just over 34,000 titles ignored!) but I am going to buy it and play the gently caress out of it.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Not enough RPGs implement the Technocrat class tbh.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

this art owns, sorry

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Given the thread, I was pleasantly surprised to click on the link and find that it meant an actual cow

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I don't particularly like infinite adventures, but it's just standard semi-amateur art for an indie game?

Edit: It's the art you get when your "friend who can draw" is in charge of the art, which is perfectly fine.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Honestly it's better art than Wildermyth and that game is really good.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Well yeah the art isn't the worst art in the world, I just thought it was inconsistent enough to be chuckleworthy and be a refreshing break from the usual stuff that pops up in this thread

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

FirstAidKite posted:

It's an okay dungeon crawler that feels like it's trying to be Etrian Odyssey and not quite getting there. Class balance feels a bit off and the story annoyed me slightly, but it's not the worst game I've finished.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Am I the only one who thought the joke was that the description was how many character customization options there are and the picture was three identical dudes in dusters?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Great Beer posted:

Am I the only one who thought the joke was that the description was how many character customization options there are and the picture was three identical dudes in dusters?
... Aren't those enemies, in a battle?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

skeleton warrior posted:

Given the thread, I was pleasantly surprised to click on the link and find that it meant an actual cow

I had the same thought except I was disappointed.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
I don't know if it truly fits the oeuvre of this thread, but that is one helluva confident Steam gallery.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Radio Paranoia posted:

I don't know if it truly fits the oeuvre of this thread, but that is one helluva confident Steam gallery.

What you don't like their pick of promotional desktop backgrounds?

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Zil posted:

What you don't like their pick of promotional desktop backgrounds?

When the product is primarily about cashing in on the Brand, with anything like ["actually getting a playable game for your money"] being at best a distant third priority.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

silentsnack posted:

When the product is primarily about cashing in on the Brand, with anything like ["actually getting a playable game for your money"] being at best a distant third priority.

That's correct, it's a licensed sports game.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

If your basketball game doesn’t scream BOOMSHAKALAKA!!! then I have no interest in playing it.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Cartoon Man posted:

If your basketball game doesn’t scream BOOMSHAKALAKA!!! then I have no interest in playing it.

What's your opinion of HE'S ON FIRE?

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gvn9Pg4lUy8&t=424s

(watch to end)

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Radio Paranoia posted:

Don't Valve specifically require that the screenshots in your store page be actual screenshots?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

A good poster posted:

Don't Valve specifically require that the screenshots in your store page be actual screenshots?

Well, the rules are actually quite nuanced. You have to take into account several factors, chief among which is the fact that Valve stopped giving a gently caress about doing any sort of content curation long ago.

No, wait, that's the only one. You have to take into account that singular factor.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Cartoon Man posted:

:hmmyes:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Lately my queue's been full of incredibly generic-looking indie games that are priced in the AA to AAA range with a small number of suspect positive reviews. I found TOTO Quest and CHICKWEED today. I might be willing to try either of those for $2 but $50 seems a little high.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I do not understand why they add these cutscenes and storylines to sports games.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

What on earth :psyduck:

The first one at least looks like it has some design going on, but the second looks like something you'd get out of a My First Game Maker tutorial and throw up onto newgrounds.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

ultrafilter posted:

Lately my queue's been full of incredibly generic-looking indie games that are priced in the AA to AAA range with a small number of suspect positive reviews. I found TOTO Quest and CHICKWEED today. I might be willing to try either of those for $2 but $50 seems a little high.

wouldnt surprise me if it was, like, a weird money laundering attempt or something

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

maybe it's someone hoping to make a few bucks off of streamers irony-streaming their game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Mix. posted:

wouldnt surprise me if it was, like, a weird money laundering attempt or something

Always a strong possibility. The other trick I've heard is take your shovelware game, price it unreasonably high, and then mark it 80%-90% off on sales to try and get people who will reflexively buy anything that has a steep "discount".